Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 11:43   #141
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursetim View Post
Good point, how about this then. For a person on a beer budget, what are the top 3-4 ARs.
If you cannot (or are just not willing to) afford a BCM, DD, Colt, Noveske, LMT, LaRue, etc. etc.

I would next look at:
Spikes
S&W
PSA

Personally.

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)
Old 11-14-2012, 11:45   #142
joe0121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp View Post
If you cannot (or are just not willing to) afford a BCM, DD, Colt, Noveske, LMT, LaRue, etc. etc.

I would next look at:
Spikes
S&W
PSA

Personally.
I like spikes stuff, but they are out of a lot of their lowers at the moment. Last I looked every single lower receiver was back ordered for months.
Old 11-14-2012, 14:48   #143
LL6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post

I find there is a common thread b/w those that use smiley faces in their posts.
Did you count this as a smiley face? The reason I ask is you got that thread locked.

Black Rifle Forum
Old 11-14-2012, 19:14   #144
mjkeat

I was just on Spike's site and all their rifles were over $1k. Priced higher than a 6920/6720. Except for one that was right at $900 and it had a 8-12 month wait. Spikes has been known to underestimate their wait times.

I had a Spikes and it was nice. It didn't see as many rounds as the others however. I know they did shady things w/ price gouging and lying about the materials they were using though.
Old 11-14-2012, 19:20   #145
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
I was just on Spike's site and all their rifles were over $1k. Priced higher than a 6920/6720. Except for one that was right at $900 and it had a 8-12 month wait. Spikes has been known to underestimate their wait times.

I had a Spikes and it was nice. It didn't see as many rounds as the others however. I know they did shady things w/ price gouging and lying about the materials they were using though.
Aware me

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)
Old 11-14-2012, 19:57   #146
glock031

Quote:

There is zero evidence about Spikes lying about materials used. You made the blanket statement now it's up to you to prove and back up with links and evidence. Bet you can't. What's the excuse going to be this time. And please no help from the i dropped my slide and can't get back up welcher....

Last edited by glock031; 11-14-2012 at 19:59..
Old 11-14-2012, 19:58   #147
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock031 View Post
There is zero evidence about Spikes lying about materials used. You made the blanket statement now it's up to you to prove and back up with links and evidence. Bet you can't.
I have read an awful lot, on many sites, about Spikes...including a lot on M4C where a lot of members don't like Spikes.

But this is still the first time I have heard anything about them lying about materials used.

Very interested in seeing your evidence, mjkeat

Last edited by Warp; 11-14-2012 at 19:58..
Old 11-14-2012, 20:29   #148
LA_357SIG
Milspectacular

Quote:

$879 and $865 is "right at $900?" Anyway, there are 2 carbines under $1000 and even if Spike's got called out to prove their "milspec" claims, that was years ago. They are "milspec" now and have posted their material certificates for the world to see.

http://www.spikestactical.com/new/z/...age=2&sort=20a
Old 11-14-2012, 20:30   #149
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_357SIG View Post
$879 and $865 is "right at $900?" Anyway, there are 2 carbines under $1000 and even if Spike's got called out to prove their "milspec" claims, that was years ago. They are "milspec" now and have posted their material certificates for the world to see.

http://www.spikestactical.com/new/z/...age=2&sort=20a
The price of a product on 8-12 month backorder doesn't interest me much, though...and probably doesn't interest a whole lot of buyers that are currently in the market, either.

Last edited by Warp; 11-14-2012 at 20:31..
Old 11-14-2012, 20:30   #150
Singlestack Wonder

[QUOTE=Bren;19606931]An AR is an AR - learn about them and you can make any one work as well as the next. They are like 1911's that way. High dollar brand names are for people who don't know enough to build their own.

Looking above, for example: Double Star makes some of the best parts I've ever had on an AR or a 1911 and I've built both with their parts - excellent quality, but the newbs don't know the name and don't know enough to see the differences, beyond brand names.[/QUOTE]

Old 11-14-2012, 20:32   #151
LA_357SIG
Milspectacular

Quote:
I have read an awful lot, on many sites, about Spikes...including a lot on M4C where a lot of members don't like Spikes.

But this is still the first time I have heard anything about them lying about materials used.

Very interested in seeing your evidence, mjkeat
There was a big hoopla on AR15.com over Spikes claims of using "milspec" materials for their products. The threads were probably deleted but a while later Tom posted the certificates "proving" their claims.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_282/1...Documents.html
Old 11-14-2012, 20:38   #152
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
There was a big hoopla on AR15.com over Spikes claims of using "milspec" materials for their products. The threads were probably deleted but a while later Tom posted the certificates "proving" their claims.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_282/1...Documents.html
arf.com responsible for spreading misinformation? Never!

Old 11-14-2012, 20:38   #153
mjkeat

But the dates on the paperwork were for later dates than when the claims were made.
Old 11-14-2012, 20:39   #154
LA_357SIG
Milspectacular

Quote:
The price of a product on 8-12 month backorder doesn't interest me much, though...and probably doesn't interest a whole lot of buyers that are currently in the market, either.
It may not interest you, but considering how RRA is always backordered, people seem to still be ordering from them and Legal Transfers. You cannot assume what the market wants based on what interests you.
Old 11-14-2012, 20:42   #155
LA_357SIG
Milspectacular

Quote:
But the dates on the paperwork were for later dates than when the claims were made.
"But a while later" isn't too complex to comprehend Detective. Well, it shouldn't be....
Old 11-14-2012, 20:42   #156
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Does that necessarily mean anything?

Is this all you have to support your claim? That the paperwork proving the materials are from a later date than the claim?

Quote:
It may not interest you, but considering how RRA is always backordered, people seem to still be ordering from them and Legal Transfers. You cannot assume what the market wants based on what interests you.
I think that if somebody is shopping around for an AR, and you are offering advice on which ones to consider, the fact that they are on 8-12 month backorder should be mentioned up front. That is a rather significant fact.

Old 11-14-2012, 20:52   #157
LA_357SIG
Milspectacular

Quote:
I think that if somebody is shopping around for an AR, and you are offering advice on which ones to consider, the fact that they are on 8-12 month backorder should be mentioned up front. That is a rather significant fact.
The backorder is an estimate for new orders. For all we know, Distributors are getting their orders from Spikes as they get assembled... and test fired. I'm not a dealer, but I would be willing to bet they are just getting the basic M4 models and not ordering the accessorized models to hang off their shelf.
Old 11-14-2012, 20:53   #158
mjkeat

RRA isn't a solid rebuttal.

When dates don't match up something is fishy. Specially when it seemed to be like pulling teeth to get the proof. Like the birth certificate thing.

Anyway, I'm not here to bash Spikes as like I said I have owned one and was happy w/ it. The wait however isn't worth it when there is equal or better for a similar price available w/o the wait.

Edit:

Quote:
Does that necessarily mean anything?

Is this all you have to support your claim? That the paperwork proving the materials are from a later date than the claim?
It means that the claims could not be proven. He could not produce paperwork showing certain lots were produced following milspec standards as he claimed.

Last edited by mjkeat; 11-14-2012 at 20:58..
Old 11-14-2012, 20:54   #159
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
The backorder is an estimate for new orders. For all we know, Distributors are getting their orders from Spikes as they get assembled... and test fired. I'm not a dealer, but I would be willing to bet they are just getting the basic M4 models and not ordering the accessorized models to hang off their shelf.
The source you used to quote prices from showed an 8-12 month backorder.

If distributors have them in stock and available, why not link to them and quote those prices?

Old 11-14-2012, 21:05   #160
LA_357SIG
Milspectacular

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
RRA isn't a solid rebuttal.
I swear it would be easier on me if I ignored you completely. Please tell me in what way Rock River Arms backorder status is not a suitable rebuttal in contex to Warp's comment.

Closed Thread