GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2012, 21:08   #161
LA_357SIG
Milspectacular
 
LA_357SIG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Not Los Angeles.
Posts: 1,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp View Post
The source you used to quote prices from showed an 8-12 month backorder.

If distributors have them in stock and available, why not link to them and quote those prices?
Edit. I posted the link to prove mjkeat was wrong in saying all Spikes AR's were over $1000. In fact there were 2 that were not.
__________________
"If I was you I would keep it just like it is... and shoot the **** out of it until something breaks. Then replace whatever it is and keep shooting."

Last edited by LA_357SIG; 11-14-2012 at 21:11..
LA_357SIG is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 21:12   #162
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
Warp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NE of Atlanta
Posts: 29,993
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_357SIG View Post
Edit. I posted the link to prove mjkeat was wrong in saying all Spikes AR's were over $1000. In fact there were 2 that were not.
You are correct.



But 8-12 months backorder on both of them...that sucks.
__________________
The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)

Last edited by Warp; 11-14-2012 at 21:12..
Warp is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 21:28   #163
mjkeat
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 3,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_357SIG View Post
I swear it would be easier on me if I ignored you completely. Please tell me in what way Rock River Arms backorder status is not a suitable rebuttal in contex to Warp's comment.
It would be for sure.

Because RRA does it, it's alright. Right?
mjkeat is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 21:31   #164
LA_357SIG
Milspectacular
 
LA_357SIG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Not Los Angeles.
Posts: 1,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
It would be for sure.

Because RRA does it, it's alright. Right?
Exactly what I thought.
__________________
"If I was you I would keep it just like it is... and shoot the **** out of it until something breaks. Then replace whatever it is and keep shooting."

Last edited by LA_357SIG; 11-14-2012 at 21:38..
LA_357SIG is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 21:53   #165
mjkeat
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 3,450
Just like I said all Spikes are over $1k. Do you need a hug?

I know you're doing everything you can to prove me wrong in any way. Even if it takes twisting my words and make things up. Anyway, how about we stop taking away from the thread. I'm sorry...
mjkeat is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 21:55   #166
LA_357SIG
Milspectacular
 
LA_357SIG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Not Los Angeles.
Posts: 1,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
Just like I said all Spikes are over $1k. Do you need a hug?

I know you're doing everything you can to prove me wrong in any way. Even if it takes twisting my words and make things up. Anyway, how about we stop taking away from the thread. I'm sorry...
Example?
__________________
"If I was you I would keep it just like it is... and shoot the **** out of it until something breaks. Then replace whatever it is and keep shooting."
LA_357SIG is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 21:59   #167
Ruggles
Senior Member
 
Ruggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tejas
Posts: 8,950
In just for a change of avatars from the last 2 pages of post. You guys are getting after it with each other.
Ruggles is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 22:07   #168
mjkeat
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 3,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
I was just on Spike's site and all their rifles were over $1k. Priced higher than a 6920/6720. Except for one that was right at $900 and it had a 8-12 month wait. Spikes has been known to underestimate their wait times.

I had a Spikes and it was nice. It didn't see as many rounds as the others however. I know they did shady things w/ price gouging and lying about the materials they were using though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_357SIG View Post
Edit. I posted the link to prove mjkeat was wrong in saying all Spikes AR's were over $1000. In fact there were 2 that were not.
And that was just this page.

I thought you wre going to ignore me. I think it would be better for the site if you did.
mjkeat is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 22:10   #169
LA_357SIG
Milspectacular
 
LA_357SIG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Not Los Angeles.
Posts: 1,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
And that was just this page.

I thought you wre going to ignore me. I think it would be better for the site if you did.
You: Except for one.
Me: There were two.

Next attempt.
__________________
"If I was you I would keep it just like it is... and shoot the **** out of it until something breaks. Then replace whatever it is and keep shooting."
LA_357SIG is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 22:14   #170
Rooster Rugburn
Got Pignose?
 
Rooster Rugburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: hopefully, on your ignore list
Posts: 5,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_357SIG View Post
I swear it would be easier on me if I ignored you completely.
You don't want him to keep spreading disinformation unchecked, do you?
__________________
Sent from American Standard low flow using Crappertalk.

Ever notice that people who say "There is no I in TEAM" are the ones always riding your coattails?
Rooster Rugburn is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 22:18   #171
mjkeat
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 3,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_357SIG View Post
You: Except for one.
Me: There were two.

Next attempt.
LOL, point proven. I said except for one. One is not none. As far as 2, they do have 2 for under $1k. It's the same thing except one is carbine the other is midlength.

Friend, if I've hurt your feelings that you need to act like this just ignore me. Thanks for the .300blk info by the way. Take care.
mjkeat is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 22:21   #172
mjkeat
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 3,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn View Post
You don't want him to keep spreading disinformation unchecked, do you?
Good point. W/O him some might think Spike only makes one AR for under $1k instead of two. Wiping the beads of perspiration off of my brow.
mjkeat is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 22:22   #173
LA_357SIG
Milspectacular
 
LA_357SIG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Not Los Angeles.
Posts: 1,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
LOL, point proven. I said except for one. One is not none. As far as 2, they do have 2 for under $1k. It's the same thing except one is carbine the other is midlength.

Friend, if I've hurt your feelings that you need to act like this just ignore me. Thanks for the .300blk info by the way. Take care.
What's w/ all these jokers that make stern statements than get soft when asked to provide support? Right or wrong support your statement.
__________________
"If I was you I would keep it just like it is... and shoot the **** out of it until something breaks. Then replace whatever it is and keep shooting."
LA_357SIG is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 22:27   #174
mjkeat
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 3,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_357SIG View Post
What's w/ all these jokers that make stern statements than get soft when asked to provide support? Right or wrong support your statement.
Explain. What statements? You can PM me if you'd like so the thread can attempt to retain some resemblance of its intended purpose.

My point was clear. I said one (1) and you claimed I said they didn't have any under $1k. You twisted my words and made things up in an attempt to prove me wrong. If I hurt your feelings somewhere down the line bad enough that you need to lie in order to prove me wrong, I'm sorry (I'm not really sorry).

You did however provide me w/ a good link pertaining to the 300blk. And for that I thank you.

Last edited by mjkeat; 11-14-2012 at 22:31..
mjkeat is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 22:44   #175
LA_357SIG
Milspectacular
 
LA_357SIG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Not Los Angeles.
Posts: 1,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
Explain. What statements? You can PM me if you'd like so the thread can attempt to retain some resemblance of its intended purpose.

My point was clear. I said one (1) and you claimed I said they didn't have any under $1k. You twisted my words and made things up in an attempt to prove me wrong. If I hurt your feelings somewhere down the line bad enough that you need to lie in order to prove me wrong, I'm sorry (I'm not really sorry).

You did however provide me w/ a good link pertaining to the 300blk. And for that I thank you.
Now, take this experience and think about it when you do this silly **** to others. Frankly I do not care one bit to disprove any comment you make. This is a forum to learn and share ideas about firearms and other things grownups like. You are no authority to be "checking" any other member here especially about their opinion.

And just note: When I disprove you, I do it directly. I do not respond with extraneous bull**** questions that have nothing to do with the comment you quoted. Share your opinion. That is what we are here for. If you want to regurgitate M4C tier one speshul forces meme... go back over there then.
__________________
"If I was you I would keep it just like it is... and shoot the **** out of it until something breaks. Then replace whatever it is and keep shooting."
LA_357SIG is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 23:01   #176
mjkeat
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 3,450
Funny considering you have yet to disprove anything I have said. There's a reason for that. Unless I'm 100% sure about something I state that I'm not. The majority of the time if I don't know something I don't reply and follow the thread so that I can learn. I then follow it up w/ my own research. I usually don't discuss opinion as opinion rarely means anything. I do not regurgitate information. What I speak on is first hand. I spend a lot of time on the range. I shoot indoors a couple of times or more a week and once or twice a week outdoors. I am constantly researching and trying out new things as well as the things people talk about on this site. Trust but confirm through hands on.

I don't need to stretch the truth or lie or twist others words.

The only thing that can be taken away from this is the fact that you cannot count, have personal issues w/ me, hate being wrong, and will lie in an attempt to prove others wrong.

Sorry I hurt you. No need to call names. I also find it funny that you would insult a group of guys who stand head and shoulders over you when it comes to knowledge of firearms. Defensively overcompensating?
mjkeat is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 23:08   #177
LA_357SIG
Milspectacular
 
LA_357SIG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Not Los Angeles.
Posts: 1,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
Funny considering you have yet to disprove anything I have said. There's a reason for that. Unless I'm 100% sure about something I state that I'm not. The majority of the time if I don't know something I don't reply and follow the thread so that I can learn. I then follow it up w/ my own research. I usually don't discuss opinion as opinion rarely means anything. I do not regurgitate information. What I speak on is first hand. I spend a lot of time on the range. I shoot indoors a couple of times or more a week and once or twice a week outdoors. I am constantly researching and trying out new things as well as the things people talk about on this site. Trust but confirm through hands on.

I don't need to stretch the truth or lie or twist others words.

The only thing that can be taken away from this is the fact that you cannot count, have personal issues w/ me, hate being wrong, and will lie in an attempt to prove others wrong.

Sorry I hurt you. No need to call names. I also find it funny that you would insult a group of guys who stand head and shoulders over you when it comes to knowledge of firearms. Defensively overcompensating?
Okay. So I haven't disproved anything you have said, I lie, stretch truths AND twist others words?

1. Prove it. Quote button is right there.

2. Buy a mirror.
__________________
"If I was you I would keep it just like it is... and shoot the **** out of it until something breaks. Then replace whatever it is and keep shooting."
LA_357SIG is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 23:23   #178
mjkeat
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 3,450
1. Look at the previous page.

2. Have them everywhere. My wife seems to like mirrors for some reason. She likes to look at herself I guess, honestly I like to look at her as well.

I'm starting to think this is an episode of PUNKED (looking for the cameras).
mjkeat is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 23:24   #179
glock031
Senior Member
 
glock031's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
But the dates on the paperwork were for later dates than when the claims were made.
That is not proof of your liable remark about Spikes. You always are the first to ask for links and evidence. It is clear you came up short here.
__________________
22lr -9x19 -357sig -40sw -22wmr -5.56/223 -12ga

Last edited by glock031; 11-14-2012 at 23:25..
glock031 is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 23:29   #180
LA_357SIG
Milspectacular
 
LA_357SIG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Not Los Angeles.
Posts: 1,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
1. Look at the previous page.

2. Have them everywhere. My wife seems to like mirrors for some reason. She likes to look at herself I guess, honestly I like to look at her as well.

I'm starting to think this is an episode of PUNKED (looking for the cameras).
I asked for proof. You are not providing it.
__________________
"If I was you I would keep it just like it is... and shoot the **** out of it until something breaks. Then replace whatever it is and keep shooting."
LA_357SIG is offline  

 
  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:59.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 850
187 Members
663 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 16:42