Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 23:32   #181
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock031 View Post
That is not proof of your liable remark about Spikes. You always are the first to ask for links and evidence. It is clear you came up short here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_357SIG View Post
I asked for proof. You are not providing it.
I'm going with the above.

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)
Old 11-14-2012, 23:32   #182
mjkeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock031 View Post
That is not proof of your liable remark about Spikes. You always are the first to ask for links and evidence. It is clear you came up short here.
Are you serious? When one claims tests were done in a certain time frame and the dates on the labs data sheets don't match it doesn't add up.

It's like presenting an insurance card that covers 01-01-11 to 12-01-11 in an attempt to get a no insurance ticket from 02-01-12 dismissed. It shows that you had insurance on those dates but it doesn't prove you had insurance on 02-01-12
Old 11-14-2012, 23:34   #183
mjkeat

Quote:
I asked for proof. You are not providing it.
I quoted your own words.

This has got to be a joke or something in the air.
Old 11-14-2012, 23:35   #184
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
Are you serious? When one claims tests were done in a certain time frame and the dates on the labs data sheets don't match it doesn't add up.
I don't recall seeing where that happened.

Source?

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)
Old 11-14-2012, 23:37   #185
mjkeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp View Post
I don't recall seeing where that happened.

Source?
This has already been discussed. The site removed/deleted the posts due to the fact Spikes is a sponsor. Even the guy w/ the hardon for me stated this.

Come on, not you as well.
Old 11-14-2012, 23:41   #186
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
This has already been discussed. The site removed/deleted the posts due to the fact Spikes is a sponsor. Even the guy w/ the hardon for me stated this.

What I recall reading was that a typical arf.com joke of a thread with baseless allegations was deleted.

I don't recall anybody but you saying anything about Spike's lying about anything.

Old 11-14-2012, 23:47   #187
LA_357SIG
Milspectacular

Quote:
I was just on Spike's site and all their rifles were over $1k. Priced higher than a 6920/6720. Except for one that was right at $900 and it had a 8-12 month wait. Spikes has been known to underestimate their wait times.

I had a Spikes and it was nice. It didn't see as many rounds as the others however. I know they did shady things w/ price gouging and lying about the materials they were using though.
What words did I twist?
Quote:
$879 and $865 is "right at $900?" Anyway, there are 2 carbines under $1000 and even if Spike's got called out to prove their "milspec" claims, that was years ago. They are "milspec" now and have posted their material certificates for the world to see.

http://www.spikestactical.com/new/z/...age=2&sort=20a
Quote:
Edit. I posted the link to prove mjkeat was wrong in saying all Spikes AR's were over $1000. In fact there were 2 that were not.
Quote:
Just like I said all Spikes are over $1k. Do you need a hug?

I know you're doing everything you can to prove me wrong in any way. Even if it takes twisting my words and make things up. Anyway, how about we stop taking away from the thread. I'm sorry...
What's made up?
Quote:
Explain. What statements? You can PM me if you'd like so the thread can attempt to retain some resemblance of its intended purpose.

My point was clear. I said one (1) and you claimed I said they didn't have any under $1k. You twisted my words and made things up in an attempt to prove me wrong. If I hurt your feelings somewhere down the line bad enough that you need to lie in order to prove me wrong, I'm sorry (I'm not really sorry).

You did however provide me w/ a good link pertaining to the 300blk. And for that I thank you.
Quote:
I quoted your own words.

This has got to be a joke or something in the air.
Your cognitive skills need refining.

Last edited by LA_357SIG; 11-14-2012 at 23:49..
Old 11-14-2012, 23:55   #188
mjkeat

Read the first paragraph of mine you quoted. See the sentences after the one you highlighted in red? Yes those sentences. Especially the one that starts with "Except one." It goes a little something like, Except one which is right at $900...

Your claims that I said they are all $1k is a lie. You're a liar. Nothing worse than a liar.

Stop twisting words and lying to keep from being proven wrong.

I have a long day of shooting tomorrow. Sleep good my friend.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by mjkeat; 11-15-2012 at 00:02..
Old 11-15-2012, 00:02   #189
LA_357SIG
Milspectacular

Quote:
Read the first paragraph of mine you quoted. See the sentences after the one you highlighted in red? Yes those sentences. Especially the one that starts with "Except one." It goes a little something like, Except one which is right at $900...

Stop twisting words and lying to keep from being proven wrong.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Even with proof right in front of your face?

You are either in denial, to lazy to make a valid point. ETA2: or can't count.

ETA: And it's highlighted in green. My corresponding response to it is also highighted in green and the whole quote under yours.

Last edited by LA_357SIG; 11-15-2012 at 00:05..
Old 11-15-2012, 00:07   #190
mjkeat

Quote:
I was just on Spike's site and all their rifles were over $1k. Priced higher than a 6920/6720. Except for one that was right at $900 and it had a 8-12 month wait. Spikes has been known to underestimate their wait times.

I had a Spikes and it was nice. It didn't see as many rounds as the others however. I know they did shady things w/ price gouging and lying about the materials they were using though.
What part of that do you not understand?
Old 11-15-2012, 00:18   #191
LA_357SIG
Milspectacular

Quote:
What part of that do you not understand?
There were 2 and not "right at $900". Were you including shipping, FFL transfer and background check?

ETA: Here's an easy one. Find a Colt 6920 under $1000 and in stock.

Last edited by LA_357SIG; 11-15-2012 at 00:26..
Old 11-15-2012, 00:34   #192
glock031

Quote:

It's like presenting an insurance card that covers 01-01-11 to 12-01-11 in an attempt to get a no insurance ticket from 02-01-12 dismissed. It shows that you had insurance on those dates but it doesn't prove you had insurance on 02-01-12

It was m4c that accused Tom from Spikes. The burden of proof is on the accusers. They didn't prove a dam thing. Toms mistake was being lured into a gutter fight with "them". Then he was banned.

Tom didn't have to post any certs at all.

You posted a claim and been asked to back it up with facts. You know just like you ask for links all the time. Well where's your proof that Spikes is using subpar materials?

Spikes can post anything they want with any dates on it they like. Or they can post nothing at all. These accusations are not thier burden of proof.

Now they're yours since you regurgitated it.

Last edited by glock031; 11-15-2012 at 00:40..
Old 11-15-2012, 00:43   #193
glock031

Quote:

It was m4c not ar15.com

Google it----Spikes m4carbine.net
Old 11-15-2012, 00:48   #194
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

It was M4C?

Then I am even more certain that the accusations were unfounded and mjkeat will never be able to support his statement because it is not true. M4C just had a discussion on Spikes not long ago...and not a single person even mentioned this as a possibility or a concern...even though there were plenty of regular/long time posters and many Spikes-unfriendly posters in the thread.

Old 11-15-2012, 08:36   #195
mjkeat

Quote:
There were 2 and not "right at $900". Were you including shipping, FFL transfer and background check?

ETA: Here's an easy one. Find a Colt 6920 under $1000 and in stock.
Now you're changing the discussion. Your claim was that I said 0 when in fact I said 1. As far as price goes $880 is "right at $900". I recognized the fact I was incorrect about stateing 1 when there is two. The fact remains that theres a 8-12 Month wait. Read their forum and see how their wait times go. But then again I know your grabbing at whatever you can.

As far as the Spikes thing goes. I know what I read. I followed it very closely as I was considering a Spikes at the time. I ended up purchasing the Spikes and as I said earlier I was happy w/ it even though it didn't see the round count the others did. Discount it if you'd like.

Edit: warp you're correct. I made a statement and the info to support that statement no longer exists. Lesson learned. Don't assume what was once there is still there. Check before posting to make sure the mod monsters didn't eat your homework.

Last edited by mjkeat; 11-15-2012 at 08:50..
Old 11-15-2012, 09:43   #196
MarkCO
CLM Number 245
Charter Lifetime Member

Poor pennypincher...I hope he got some benefit from his question, especially now that the thread is so far off the rails arguning about other forums and who posted what and when.

Enjoy the gunshow pennypincher!
.40 S&W Club #1, 1911 Club #1067
NRA Life Member and Certified Instructor
www.CarbonArms.us
Old 11-15-2012, 10:51   #197
Matthew Courtney
CLM Number 285
Instructor #298

If someone is shooting at me, a Bushmaster that I have test fired and sighted in is better than an invoice that says my Spike's should be here soon...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:34   #198
joe0121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Courtney View Post
If someone is shooting at me, a Bushmaster that I have test fired and sighted in is better than an invoice that says my Spike's should be here soon...
Old 11-15-2012, 12:35   #199
Matthew Courtney
CLM Number 285
Instructor #298

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe0121 View Post
Freeze dirt bag, I know what your thinking, is that a Colt or a Bushmaster? Well considering that this is an invoice for a Spikes AR, the most reliable carbine in the world, and documents that I saved 12%, you need to ask yourself one question- do I fell lucky? We'll do you punk? Do you feel lucky enough to rob us, rape my wife, and kidnap my kids before the UPS guy gets here?

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...incart_m-rpt-2

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:54   #200
LL6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Courtney View Post
Freeze dirt bag, I know what your thinking, is that a Colt or a Bushmaster? Well considering that this is an invoice for a Spikes AR, the most reliable carbine in the world, and documents that I saved 12%, you need to ask yourself one question- do I fell lucky? We'll do you punk? Do you feel lucky enough to rob us, rape my wife, and kidnap my kids before the UPS guy gets here?

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...incart_m-rpt-2
Good adaptation of the famous Eastwood quote.

Closed Thread