Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2012, 06:25   #121
Bren
NRA Life Member
 
Bren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 36,821
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringerTGO View Post
Based on the past Obama hasn't done a thing to our gun rights.
You must have a very powerful crystal ball.
If you put blinders on a mule, it keeps him walking in line and limits what he can see. That's how the democrats chose their mascot.
__________________
Quote:
This is the internet - you will never learn to shoot here.
- Me, 2014.

Last edited by Bren; 11-14-2012 at 06:26..
Bren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:45   #122
Jerry
Moderator
 
Jerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 8,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringerTGO View Post
Your point was better thought out, and more logical, but I really enjoyed Jerry's rant more

Jerry..... I don't want my taxes going to pay teachers to waste time with prayer sessions in schools. If you want your kids to pray, there is plenty of time before school, after school, and during weekends. I would have the same position if your kids wanted to interrupt class to bow to Alluh.
You didn't say "teach" you said "forced to listen to your child pray." I don't believe religion, any religion should be "taught" in public schools. That does mean a child or teacher should be "DENIED" their RIGHT to pray at recess, on brakes on before or after school on school property. It's public property just like the streets that run around it. I guess you would stop a person from praying in the street?

A Christmas-tree and Santa don't represent a religious function, it represents "The Holidays", isn't that what you lefties like to call that time of year. It sure is funny though how The Muslim religion is being "examined, discussed, taught" in public schools while Christianity is taboo. They celebrate Romodon or how ever in the hell it's spelled but don't anyone dare hang up a picture of Santa. Funny how evolution is "taught" but don't mention Creation, that constitutes "religious" speech and will get a teacher fired. Funny how homosexuality is being examined, discussed, taught in public schools while denouncing it will cost a teacher his/her job for hate peach. Education involves discussion all facets, sides and angles of any given subject. All that is being "TAUGHT" is the wrong side of "religion". That's as wrong as teaching religion is "ALL GOOD". How do you feel about your tax money being spent for indoctrination rather than education?
__________________
Jerry
BIG DAWG #4

Liberal: Someone who is so open-minded their brains have fallen out.
Guns are not dangerous, people are.

Last edited by Jerry; 11-14-2012 at 10:56..
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:49   #123
cowboywannabe
you savvy?
 
cowboywannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: on a planet near you
Posts: 22,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
You didn't say "teach" you said "forced to listen to your child pray." I don't believe religion, any religion should be "taught" in public schools. A Christmas-tree and Santa don't represent a religious function, it represents "The Holidays", isn't that what you lefties like to call that time of year. It sure is funny though how The Muslim religion is being "examined, discussed, taught" in public schools while Christianity is taboo. Funny how evolution is "taught" but don't mention Creation. Funny how homosexuality is being examined, discussed, taught in public schools while denouncing it will cost a teacher his/her job for hate peach. How do you feel about your tax money being spent for indoctrination rather than education? Education involves discussion all facets, sides and angles of any given subject. All that is being "TAUGHT" is the wrong side of "religion". That as wrong as teaching religion is "ALL GOOD".
Jer, i think this thread has run its course, he seems to have an undefeatable ignorance.
__________________
with Sarah Jane, Leela, Romana, Nyssa, and Tegan.

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:36   #124
SpringerTGO
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
You didn't say "teach" you said "forced to listen to your child pray." I don't believe religion, any religion should be "taught" in public schools. That does mean a child or teacher should be "DENIED" their RIGHT to pray at recess, on brakes on before or after school on school property. It's public property just like the streets that run around it. I guess you would stop a person from praying in the street?

A Christmas-tree and Santa don't represent a religious function, it represents "The Holidays", isn't that what you lefties like to call that time of year. It sure is funny though how The Muslim religion is being "examined, discussed, taught" in public schools while Christianity is taboo. They celebrate Romodon or how ever in the hell it's spelled but don't anyone dare hang up a picture of Santa. Funny how evolution is "taught" but don't mention Creation, that constitutes "religious" speech and will get a teacher fired. Funny how homosexuality is being examined, discussed, taught in public schools while denouncing it will cost a teacher his/her job for hate peach. Education involves discussion all facets, sides and angles of any given subject. All that is being "TAUGHT" is the wrong side of "religion". That's as wrong as teaching religion is "ALL GOOD". How do you feel about your tax money being spent for indoctrination rather than education?
This warrants a thread all it's own.
Religious studies are fine, as long as they are not biased. There is a difference between Santa Claus and nativity scenes in front of a court house.
Homosexuality is not going away by denying it, and at some appropriate age students should probably be taught about it.
There is solid scientific proof about evolution, and not a shred of evidence about "creationism".

As to Obama saying he was against assault weapons during the debate...... Romney said all kinds of things during the debates that he immediately changed his mind on. There seems to be a big difference between saying something during a campaign and actually doing it. Romney would have destroyed the middle and lower class of this country, and bankrupted it in the process. That was the only message he was consistent on. What little actual specifics he gave were b.s. Even mainstream republicans had to hold their noses while voting for him.

Last edited by SpringerTGO; 11-14-2012 at 11:37..
SpringerTGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:40   #125
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringerTGO View Post
Based on the past Obama hasn't done a thing to our gun rights.
You must have a very powerful crystal ball.
* 1994 to 2001 Obama was on the board of the anti-gun Joyce Foundation. This foundation is the largest funding source for radical anti-gun groups in the country.
* 1996 Obama supported a ban on the manufacture, sale and possession of handguns.
* 1999 Obama proposed a 500 percent increase in the excise taxes on firearms and ammunition. This tax would effectively punish gun owners for buying guns and ammunition.
* 2003 Obama voted in support of legislation that would have banned privately owned hunting shotguns, target rifles and black powder rifles in Illinois.
* 2004 Obama voted against legislation intended to protect homeowners from prosecution in cases where they used a firearm to halt a home invasion.



Of cousre that was before he was POTUS, but we call those "clues".
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:59   #126
cowboywannabe
you savvy?
 
cowboywannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: on a planet near you
Posts: 22,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
* 1994 to 2001 Obama was on the board of the anti-gun Joyce Foundation. This foundation is the largest funding source for radical anti-gun groups in the country.
* 1996 Obama supported a ban on the manufacture, sale and possession of handguns.
* 1999 Obama proposed a 500 percent increase in the excise taxes on firearms and ammunition. This tax would effectively punish gun owners for buying guns and ammunition.
* 2003 Obama voted in support of legislation that would have banned privately owned hunting shotguns, target rifles and black powder rifles in Illinois.
* 2004 Obama voted against legislation intended to protect homeowners from prosecution in cases where they used a firearm to halt a home invasion.



Of cousre that was before he was POTUS, but we call those "clues".
dont waste any more time....springertgo is either a retard or purposely ignoring the facts; you cant show either one the light.
__________________
with Sarah Jane, Leela, Romana, Nyssa, and Tegan.

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:05   #127
SpringerTGO
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboywannabe View Post
dont waste any more time....springertgo is either a retard or purposely ignoring the facts; you cant show either one the light.
A majority of the country seems to disagree with you.
SpringerTGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:18   #128
cowboywannabe
you savvy?
 
cowboywannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: on a planet near you
Posts: 22,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringerTGO View Post
A majority of the country seems to disagree with you.
a majority of the country will suffer the democrat's fiscal cliff fall.

a majority of the country will probably lose some of their gun rights.

a majority of the country receives some sort of welfare or government hand out.

how is being in the majority always a good thing?
__________________
with Sarah Jane, Leela, Romana, Nyssa, and Tegan.

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:56   #129
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringerTGO View Post
A majority of the country seems to disagree with you.
Nobody disagrees with the facts, liberals just ignore them, like you are doing.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:16   #130
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringerTGO View Post
He's also been in office for 4 years, and we haven't seen a single piece of anti gun legislation passed.
When he was first elected everyone predicted doom and gloom for gun rights, panic bought everything they could get their hands on, and nothing (other than high prices and shortages) came of it.
Other (republican) presidents ushered in things like the government being able to imprison citizens without trials and tap phones without warrants, but somehow they get a pass because they are for prayer in school?


And you feel comfortable with a man who has a record of saying, and doing, things like this.


The package closes the Firearm Owners Identification (FOID) card loopholes which resulted in the shooting out in Melrose Park. We're eliminating 17 specific assault weapons. There is no reason why anybody should need an assault weapon to protect themselves or their family,' Obama said. 'We're limiting handgun sales to one a month. We're calling for handgun registration. It's very hard right now to track whether or not a felon has turned in his weapons or if he has a FOID card because we don't know how many weapons he has purchased. [Chicago Defender, 2/20/01]
--- http://factcheck.barackobama.com/factcheck2/2007/12/



I am not in favor of concealed weapons. I think that creates a potential atmosphere where more innocent people could (get shot during) altercations.
--- Pittsburg Tribune-Review (April 2, 2008).


Obama has stated the government needs to permanently reinstate an "assault weapons" ban.
(Obama Calls for Permanent Assault Weapons Ban to Combat Inner-City Violence, Associated Press [via Fox News] [July 15, 2007] and http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/issues/issues.gun.html)


OBAMA:" Let’s be honest. Mr. Keyes does not believe in common gun control measures like the assault weapons bill. Mr. Keyes does not believe in any limits from what I can tell with respect to the possession of guns, including assault weapons that have only one purpose, to kill people. I think it is a scandal that this president did not authorize a renewal of the assault weapons ban. "

Source: Illinois Senate Debate #3: Barack Obama vs. Alan Keyes Oct 21, 2004



Yup, by your standards there is no pattern here whatsoever is there?

you are either a fool, or deliberately decietful

Last edited by countrygun; 11-15-2012 at 11:17..
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 20:19   #131
Jerry
Moderator
 
Jerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 8,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboywannabe View Post
dont waste any more time....springertgo is either a retard or purposely ignoring the facts; you cant show either one the light.
Liberalism/socialism is a "social disease". Read my sig line.
__________________
Jerry
BIG DAWG #4

Liberal: Someone who is so open-minded their brains have fallen out.
Guns are not dangerous, people are.
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 21:09   #132
glide100
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 40
bados editor of PRAVDA? Spoons are a danger to fat people. Where is your logic ? It is individual responsibilty for a persons actions that count.
glide100 is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:16.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,030
276 Members
754 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31