Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-15-2012, 07:03   #201
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal Mother View Post
In the interest of accuracy, I should point out that the online version of Larson's book does cite the Hoyle and Gold paper as the source for the passage PW quoted. Presumably, wherever PW found the quote dropped the attribution because if he were aware of the actual source, it's far more likely he would have cited Hoyle than some obscure author.
True. I stand corrected, and you're right, it was not my intent to plagiarize anyone. Copy and pasting sometimes leads to unintended consequences and errors.

Now, where were we...? Lucy's knee?
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"It's a lot simpler to fool people than it is to convince them they've been fooled."
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:17   #202
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Warrior View Post
Now, where were we...? Lucy's knee?
No, you previously stated that, "I reiterate, all available research I could find indicates that stars cannot form by themselves".

We're still waiting for you to provide any of this wealth of all available research.

Unless, of course, you're admitting that you're unable to provide scientific evidence that stars cannot form and you'd like to move on.

-ArtificialGrape
ArtificialGrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:50   #203
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveksux View Post
Absolutely. If gases clumped together due to gravity, Earth would have an atmosphere. Which it clearly does not...

Randy
Gravity alone won't do it, but lets run with your foolish misunderstanding and reason.

Tell me where the star(s) is(are) that formed on or in the Earth's atmosphere and I'll throw my Bible away. The closet thing even remotely resembling a star is roughly 93 million miles away from the Earth. You see, I believe gravity alone will not produce a star, we have plenty of gravity here and the best you can say that has been produced is an atmosphere around our planet, which ALREADY EXISTED.

How do you get a sun, or star to form, from individual hydrogen atoms mind you, inside of the vacuum of outer space. To believe such a thing takes more faith than Creationists utilize.
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"It's a lot simpler to fool people than it is to convince them they've been fooled."

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 11-15-2012 at 10:51..
Old 11-15-2012, 10:52   #204
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Wolf8634 View Post
Ouch!

That's gotta hurt, PW!

Absurd statements like the one he made only hurts the collective intelligence of the internet.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:53   #205
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtificialGrape View Post
It's pushing 24 hours, does "right back" mean something different to you?

-ArtificialGrape
No, I had come back, but no response at that time, so I moved on.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:03   #206
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
De nada. No really, it's like high school science stuff. I think that rat guy on Beakman's world even did a demonstration once on the 3 types of heat distribution.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver
... Only radiant heat (infrared radiation) can travel through a vacuum. ...
This is precisely my point, as I have had this debate several times before.

There is no mechanism for the first star ever (I am speaking of the numero uno ORIGINAL star) to form given the tenets and posits of the Big Bang and or the Oscillating Universe theories. The first star has been created solely by faith from minds/hearts of the evos.

Yet, as stellar evolution prescribes, new stars form due to matter created from existing stars, by reverse engineering the big bang, you ultimately come to a point of the first ever star forming, and this is a completely impossible event based on empirical scientific study/understanding.

So knowing, if you cannot get a first star, then there are no subsequent stars. Period. ETA: Everything beyond the origin, be it from evos or Christians, is always going to come from their respective presuppositions of the origin, which these are based on faith and faith alone.

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 11-15-2012 at 11:08..
Old 11-15-2012, 11:20   #207
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
Wait. Are you suggesting that gas atoms don't have enough mass to be attracted to each other?
By proxy I guardedly say yes, but with a caveat. BTW- It wasn't my idea, but empirical science backs up the assertion I am making. See, it is not so much about the mass as it is the mechanism(s) to facilitate star formation.

Some on this thread insist the only mechanism required is gravity. Though ignorance is high amongst some, gravity alone is not the reason a star could form out of hydrogen atoms in outer space, but honestly, the problem is not SOLELY about lack of mass per se.

So knowing, some fantastic theories have arisen to explain how stars are formed by "something" plus gravity. If you believe differently, please explain how you think atoms/molecules of hydrogen would join together sufficiently so as to produce a star.

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 11-15-2012 at 11:37..
Old 11-15-2012, 11:22   #208
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot

Quote:
How do you get a sun, or star to form, from individual hydrogen atoms mind you, inside of the vacuum of outer space. To believe such a thing takes more faith than Creationists utilize.
What you believe is irrelevant. The math shows that a hydrogen/helium gas cloud in space can and will form a star through gravity alone given the right conditions. Conditions which were bound to occur (and have occured) billions of times in the vastness of the cosmos. No god required, just gravity and time. We've even watch it happening through the Hubble Space Obsevatory. I believe you were in provided pictures which you scoffed at. I'm certain you will scoff at this response too as you have already pre-determined that no evidence, no matter how compelling, will be accpeted by you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Geko45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:44   #209
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geko45 View Post
What you believe is irrelevant. ...
I admit when empirical science is lacking for a position that I take I have to utilize faith to believe in something occurring, which you and others on here obviously will not admit the same.

Quote:
... The math shows that a hydrogen/helium gas cloud in space can and will form a star through gravity alone given the right conditions. Conditions which were bound to occur (and have occured) billions of times in the vastness of the cosmos. No god required, just gravity and time. ...
Useless theoretical equations aside, please explain or identify these "right conditions" you speak of.

Quote:
... We've even watch it happening through the Hubble Space Obsevatory. I believe you were in provided pictures which you scoffed at. I'm certain you will scoff at this response too as you have already pre-determined that no evidence, no matter how compelling, will be accpeted by you.
IIRC, the theme was to use science to prove star formation, instead of science, some photos were posted with the proclamation, "A star is born" or something along those lines.

Photos of space do NOT prove a star just formed. Maybe light finally reached the telescope. Remember the Hubble Deep Field photograph? Those stars had existed all along, yet we never once saw them until that particular photograph was captured.
Old 11-15-2012, 20:40   #210
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member

misclick...

Last edited by ArtificialGrape; 11-15-2012 at 20:40..
Old 11-15-2012, 20:53   #211
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member

Peace Warrior,

You have asserted:

current scientific knowledge and research indicates that either the stars were created, or although scientifically impossible, stars formed all by themselves anyway

I reiterate, all available research I could find indicates that stars cannot form by themselves

For 17 months now we've been waiting for you to back up these assertions with research that concludes that stars cannot form. Will you be providing the research, or abandoning your assertions?

Thanks!

-ArtificialGrape
Old 11-15-2012, 20:56   #212
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
No, you previously stated that, "I reiterate, all available research I could find indicates that stars cannot form by themselves".

We're still waiting for you to provide any of this wealth of all available research.

Unless, of course, you're admitting that you're unable to provide scientific evidence that stars cannot form and you'd like to move on.

-ArtificialGrape
clutching straws?

Okay, let me re-reiterate:

All the BELIEVABLE research, based on empirical scientific data, I could find indicates that stars cannot form by themselves.
Old 11-15-2012, 20:58   #213
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Peace Warrior,

You have asserted:

current scientific knowledge and research indicates that either the stars were created, or although scientifically impossible, stars formed all by themselves anyway

I reiterate, all available research I could find indicates that stars cannot form by themselves

For 17 months now we've been waiting for you to back up these assertions with research that concludes that stars cannot form. Will you be providing the research, or abandoning your assertions?

Thanks!

-ArtificialGrape
You keep quoting from another thread... hilarious
Old 11-15-2012, 21:24   #214
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
You keep quoting from another thread... hilarious
They are your words, are they not? Do you stand by them, or do you abandon them?

The only thing possibly hilarious is my expecting you to provide something now that you have been asked to provide since summer 2011. Actually it's more sad than hilarious.

Anyway, you continue to make the same assertion in this thread...
All the BELIEVABLE research, based on empirical scientific data, I could find indicates that stars cannot form by themselves.

Given all this believable research, why are you so reluctant to provide any? Is it perhaps because your previous attempts at supporting it by citing Boyle's Law, D.B. Larson and Martin Harwit were all readily shot down for not supporting your conclusion.

Given that you consider Boyle's Law and gases not collapsing on earth to support your argument that gases cannot collapse in space, you'll have to understand if I question your ability to determine what is BELIEVABLE. Is there any chance that you can share these scientific papers that draw the conclusion that stars cannot form -- it sounds like they're everywhere.

thanks,
-ArtificialGrape
Old 11-15-2012, 23:15   #215
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun

Quote:

-ArtificialGrape
To be fair, the Lucy's knee stuff predates the star formation stuff. On the other hand, PW seems eminently capable of avoiding answering two questions at the same time.
Old 11-15-2012, 23:20   #216
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun

Quote:
No, I had come back, but no response at that time, so I moved on.
And yet there were already two posts from me at the time you said you'd be "right back" that have yet to be addressed. Why didn't you do so when you "had come back"?
Old 11-16-2012, 06:45   #217
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal Mother View Post
To be fair, the Lucy's knee stuff predates the star formation stuff. On the other hand, PW seems eminently capable of avoiding answering two questions at the same time.
To be honest and fair, you brought up lucy's knee in this thread.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:50   #218
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun

Quote:
To be honest and fair, you brought up lucy's knee in this thread.
Yes, I did and yet you've still neither explained what it has to do with anything nor have you produced the supposed "BELIEVABLE research, based on empirical scientific data," which "indicates that stars cannot form by themselves."

As I said, you seem fully capable of avoiding both questions at the same time.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:18   #219
steveksux
Massive Member

Quote:
You're a physicist and you need references? Hey, I know of no mechanism in outer space that can clump gases together so as to produce a star. hey, this very well may be so because I am simply ignorant of the mechanism. I studied topic for a long time, and I haven't found anything but highly improbable theories, as opposed to actual Science, to reveal a mechanism for star formation.

Can you show me an observable instance of gasses clumping together? (NOTE: Please do not post yet more photos of nebulae as everyone knows that they are expanding and NOT condensing/contracting.)
Here's one.

Religious Issues
I'm referring to the shiny round thing in the image. The buildings in the foreground are not made of gasses clumping together.

It is possible to see it from Earth with the naked eye. But you have to look in the daytime.

Randy

Last edited by steveksux; 11-16-2012 at 07:43..
steveksux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:20   #220
steveksux
Massive Member

Quote:
Gravity alone won't do it, but lets run with your foolish misunderstanding and reason.
Well, Einstein, if gravity won't make gasses clump together , why does Earth still have an atmosphere made up of gasses clumped around it? What's your theory for what is holding down the air? Does God have the Earth wrapped in saran wrap?

Quote:
Tell me where the star(s) is(are) that formed on or in the Earth's atmosphere and I'll throw my Bible away. The closet thing even remotely resembling a star is roughly 93 million miles away from the Earth.
So now you're claiming the sun is NOT a star, only something close to resembling a star? You realize stars are made of hydrogen, and Earth's atmosphere has hardly any hydrogen? Even if the entire atmosphere were composed of hydrogen, it wouldn't even be close to being enough to form a star. Are you really that ignorant or is this a parody?

Quote:
Either you don't understand what hydrogen is, or you don't understand what a vacuum is.

Vacuum implies the lack of hydrogen atoms, as well as other gases. If you can't even tell that a simple sentence you wrote contradicts itself, there's not much hope you'll see the flaws in the theories you try to construct out of thin air (again, that also would NOT be a vacuum) with even more complicated sentences.

Randy

Last edited by steveksux; 11-16-2012 at 07:40..
steveksux is offline   Reply With Quote