GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-15-2012, 09:20   #21
Brucev

[QUOTE=Fred Hansen;19633592]Free speech isn't protected against the vagaries of whatever rules a private employer may wish to adopt/enforce. The private employer is the final arbiter of what can/cannot be said by their employee; at least when it pertains to the workplace. And... is there any protection to anyone from a employer who wants to restrain their freedom of speech when not on company time? Should there be any free speech protection afforded to anyone... public or private, when speaking as a private citizen and not "on the clock?"

Unfortunately for you, these are public indoctrination camp employees, and thus are not private employees. The 1st Amendment to COTUS specifically restricts federal law from stopping/thwarting/denying free speech (See: Prior Restraint) and both South Carolina's and Ohio's constitutions are quite plain in their preservation of the right to free speech vis-à-vis governmental suppression/oppression. And Ohio in particular even has a clause in its constitution that specifically prohibits any one of its citizens from being compelled to religiously worship a deity. So... you are fine with a public employee being muzzled by his/her employer. How do you feel about a private employer muzzling employees? Is this a net good when applied to public employees only or does it extend to all employees?

I'd say that the Secular Humanist Marxist Messiah can be said to fit that criteria. Wouldn't you?

Having said that, I have no sympathy for anyone stupid enough to work for said public indoctrination camps. Immutable universal law has demonstrated time-and-again that stupid hurts. Too bad, so sad. So... you are self-educated? And... you have a degree in... universal law?
Brucev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:20   #22
automatic slim
Walmart Shopper

Sounds like the Sedition Act Part II....

Praise Him!!!!!!!

What a crappy chameleon.
automatic slim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:22   #23
Brucev

Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
These teachers are public employees paid with taxpayer money, komrade. The speech occurred outside of their workplace.
So... they speak in a non-employment setting and are to be subjected to sanction by their employer? So... are you comfortable with an employer being permitted to censor free speech?
Old 11-15-2012, 09:24   #24
Brucev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhook View Post
Brucev is not one to quietly accept the idea of 'fair & balanced' so I doubt he/she will get any hint whatsoever about the injustice of choking off one group while encouraging another.

Nope.

"Yes we can, can, can..." blather, blather Propaganda.. remember?
From what one can gather here at gt, there is no problem with censoring the speech of people who are teachers, etc. There does not appear to be such support for the general employer censoring of speech by employees when not on the clock.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:32   #25
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucev View Post
So... they speak in a non-employment setting and are to be subjected to sanction by their employer? So... are you comfortable with an employer being permitted to censor free speech?
A private employer, yes. Of course. I represent my employer 24-7. I'm bound by an ethics and conduct agreement.

A public employer, no. First amendment restricts the government from exactly what happened here. She was criticizing the government.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:36   #26
dukeblue91

This is all quite contrary from what I experienced in My sons public middle school.
2 days before elections my son came home telling me that a teacher told them that they the kids need to remind the parents to vote for Obama because Romney send all the jobs to China and we all be unemployed if he wins.

I can't even begin to tell you how I felt about this not only about the misinformation and outright lying but also to call kids to arms by teachers with a agenda.
And getting into things no school should meddle in.
I called the school and school board to complain and asking for a investigation and also emailed that teacher and gave her a huge piece of my mind but don't see anything happening beyond that point.

It is really sad when teacher stop to teach and instead using the classroom for whatever agendas the deem fit and that goes both ways.
This stuff has no room in a classroom.
What a teacher says outside of school to Facebook or wherever is their believe and business but school should be taboo of that.
dukeblue91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:39   #27
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
Okay...we'll put you down as "unclear on the concept".
Old 11-15-2012, 09:53   #28
jeanderson
Platinum Membership
Toga!... Toga!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhook View Post
There have always been amazingly gifted, dedicated, and successful teachers... it's just that they are so rare, and obviously not well liked by the establishment.
I couldn't agree more. My wife was teacher that was highly respected - parents went to the school at the beginning of the year to try a make sure their kids got in her class.

Then politics got in the way and inferior teachers were getting promoted. Finally, the union came in and she wanted no part of that. She loved the kids but just couldn't take the crap from the administration and unions.
"There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other. This, in my humble apprehension, is to be dreaded as the greatest political evil under our Constitution."
- John Adams
jeanderson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:22   #29
cowboywannabe
you savvy?

vee have vays of making you talk, and vee have vays of silencing you.

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 18:25   #30
Hef
Stop Obammunism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucev View Post
No. Not unclear. No support for any teacher/administrator being able to use the classroom as a venue for the expression of their own political beliefs.
You must have missed the part where the teachers posted their thoughts on Facebook using their personal accounts. Read it again, Slow.
Old 11-15-2012, 18:32   #31
Skyhook

Send a message via Yahoo to Skyhook

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanderson View Post
I couldn't agree more. My wife was teacher that was highly respected - parents went to the school at the beginning of the year to try a make sure their kids got in her class.

Then politics got in the way and inferior teachers were getting promoted. Finally, the union came in and she wanted no part of that. She loved the kids but just couldn't take the crap from the administration and unions.
Your wife leaving was a loss to the children.... not that THAT will bother union moguls or admin boot lickers.

No public service group should be unionized.
Skyhook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 18:35   #32
whoflungdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hef View Post
You must have missed the part where the teachers posted their thoughts on Facebook using their personal accounts. Read it again, Slow.
I always type my replies very slow to Bruce. Doesn't seem to help.

He still has trouble with the quote button....let alone thinking about what someone tells him in the replies before he responds...

GTDS Certified Member #9
whoflungdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 21:16   #33
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoflungdo View Post
I always type my replies very slow to Bruce. Doesn't seem to help.

He still has trouble with the quote button....let alone thinking about what someone tells him in the replies before he responds...
He doesn't need to think. He spews the same Marxist bilge no matter what.
Old 11-15-2012, 21:41   #34
Fred Hansen
Liberal Bane

[quote=Brucev;19633943]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Hansen View Post
Free speech isn't protected against the vagaries of whatever rules a private employer may wish to adopt/enforce. The private employer is the final arbiter of what can/cannot be said by their employee; at least when it pertains to the workplace. And... is there any protection to anyone from a employer who wants to restrain their freedom of speech when not on company time? Should there be any free speech protection afforded to anyone... public or private, when speaking as a private citizen and not "on the clock?"

Unfortunately for you, these are public indoctrination camp employees, and thus are not private employees. The 1st Amendment to COTUS specifically restricts federal law from stopping/thwarting/denying free speech (See: Prior Restraint) and both South Carolina's and Ohio's constitutions are quite plain in their preservation of the right to free speech vis-à-vis governmental suppression/oppression. And Ohio in particular even has a clause in its constitution that specifically prohibits any one of its citizens from being compelled to religiously worship a deity. So... you are fine with a public employee being muzzled by his/her employer. How do you feel about a private employer muzzling employees? Is this a net good when applied to public employees only or does it extend to all employees?

I'd say that the Secular Humanist Marxist Messiah can be said to fit that criteria. Wouldn't you?

Having said that, I have no sympathy for anyone stupid enough to work for said public indoctrination camps. Immutable universal law has demonstrated time-and-again that stupid hurts. Too bad, so sad. So... you are self-educated? And... you have a degree in... universal law?

When change is absolute there remains no being to improve and no direction is set for possible improvement: and when experience is not retained, as among savages, infancy is perpetual. - George Santayana
Fred Hansen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 20:21   #35
Fred Hansen
Liberal Bane

Dang! No reply Bruce?

I was dying to see how cool that cluster **** of a quote would look in BruceVB Code™.

When change is absolute there remains no being to improve and no direction is set for possible improvement: and when experience is not retained, as among savages, infancy is perpetual. - George Santayana
Fred Hansen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:12   #36
stevelyn
NRA Life Member

The public indoctrination system is slowly exposing itself for what it is.
Usually sufferers of paraphilic infantilism are proud of their condition. Kinda like being a liberal. Your mental flaws are there for the entire world to see, and you're damned proud of it. - tank_monkey
stevelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:38   #37
hogship
It's MY Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevelyn View Post
The public indoctrination system is slowly exposing itself for what it is.
Yes, I think so, too......but, it's very very slow.

It could be quick, if the news outlets that most non-interested people rely on, were not agenda driven.

Most people still cling to the notion that giving more and more money to public schools is the answer......but, that's part of the problem. The more money they have to expand, the more social engineering we get......

ooc
Visit my Vietnam photo album, 1968-69 click on link

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
hogship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:46   #38
JFrame

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogship View Post
Yes, I think so, too......but, it's very very slow.

It could be quick, if the news outlets that most non-interested people rely on, were not agenda driven.

Most people still cling to the notion that giving more and more money to public schools is the answer......but, that's part of the problem. The more money they have to expand, the more social engineering we get......

ooc
Agree in its entirety...

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:21   #39
gilfo

Quote:
Congrats to those dependent on government, homosexuals, potheads, JAY-Z fans, non-Christians, non-taxpayers, illegals, communists, Muslims, planned murder clinics, enemies of America, Satan You WON,” the unidentified teacher wrote.

And you wonder why Obama won another term. Somebody tell this guy and the rest of the GOP it is not the 1950's anymore. This way of thinking is not going to get you into the White House or any other office for that matter. Unfortunately for you homosexuals, potheads, NON CHRISTIANS, Muslims and PLANNED MURDER CLINICS are American voters. The good ole boy network's members are a dieing breed and no longer have the power to put "one of their own" in the big chair anymore. So either open your minds or shrink and die away.
gilfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:30   #40
ICARRY2
NRA Life Member

Both teachers need to sue the parents who complained for filing malicious and discriminatory complaints.
ICARRY2 is offline   Reply With Quote