GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2012, 12:39   #226
TK-421
Senior Member
 
TK-421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtificialGrape View Post

For 17 months now we've been waiting
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geko45 View Post
I'm certain you will scoff at this response too as you have already pre-determined that no evidence, no matter how compelling, will be accpeted by you.
Man, you guys have more patience than I do. I would've given up a long time ago and just let the guy think whatever he wants. Because it's pretty apparent that no matter how much evidence you shove into his face, he's still going to scoff at it. His brain just can't comprehend even the notion that he might be wrong. I say just pack up and move on, quit wasting your time, some people are just a lost cause.
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 13:17   #227
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot
 
Geko45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Short final
Posts: 13,392


Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
I say just pack up and move on, quit wasting your time, some people are just a lost cause.
It's not for his sake. He is a lost cause as you describe. It's for the other people that might be ensared in this con game called religion that we make the argument.
__________________
CavDoc: "If you have to pretend that a person with a different opinion has an opinion other than his own in order to score points in an argument, you've forfeited any points that you pretended to have."
CavDoc: "You consider yourself as non-religious, and I consider you a religious zealot."

JBnTX: "Freedom of religion doesn't mean you can worship any God, anyway you see fit or not even worship any God if you so choose. [...] Christianity should be the only religion protected under the constitution, and congress shall make no law restricting its practice."

Last edited by Geko45; 11-16-2012 at 13:45..
Geko45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 13:35   #228
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member
 
ArtificialGrape's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 5,552
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
Man, you guys have more patience than I do. I would've given up a long time ago and just let the guy think whatever he wants. Because it's pretty apparent that no matter how much evidence you shove into his face, he's still going to scoff at it. His brain just can't comprehend even the notion that he might be wrong.
Admittedly, science denial is an art form to the Young Earth Crowd given that they must reject core tenets of physics/cosmology, chemistry, biology, botany, geology, paleontology and anthropology. They have all the credibility of The Flat Earth Society, and it becomes more and more obvious with each passing day.

And of course they're rejecting all this science while living in a world surrounded by the comforts and conveniences that science provides.

-ArtificialGrape
ArtificialGrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:42   #229
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai
 
Peace Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: With the other 7,999,999
Posts: 26,188
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveksux View Post
Here's one.

Religious Issues
I'm referring to the shiny round thing in the image. The buildings in the foreground are not made of gasses clumping together.

It is possible to see it from Earth with the naked eye. But you have to look in the daytime.

Randy
(btw- The photo thing didn't escape me. At least you have a sense of humor. )

Neither you nor I were around to witness the creation of the Sun. It may very well be a star, or it may be totally different from other stars in the universe, but one thing is for sure, you are utilizing what you believe to have occurred (i.e., theory) coupled with a light smattering of historical science, which is no where even close to an actual, empirically scientific explanation for the "birth" of stars as promoted by the Big Bang, Oscillating Universe, and or any of the Stellar evolution theories.

ETA: let me bring you up to speed
empirical - adjective - \im-ˈpir-i-kəl\
1: originating in or based on observation or experience
2: relying on experience or observation alone often without due regard for system and theory
__________________
“After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it.” - William S. Burroughs
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 11-17-2012 at 03:54..
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:58   #230
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai
 
Peace Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: With the other 7,999,999
Posts: 26,188
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveksux View Post
... But you have to look in the daytime.

Randy
Tempting rabbit trail to follow... but I'll save it for later.
__________________
“After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it.” - William S. Burroughs
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:11   #231
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun
 
Animal Mother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 14,844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Warrior View Post
Neither you nor I were around to witness the creation of the Sun. It may very well be a star, or it may be totally different from other stars in the universe,
Except its not, different that is. It is a star, just like all the other stars we see.
Quote:
ETA: let me bring you up to speed
Bringing us up to speed would probably go a lot faster if you:

1. Stopped running away.
2. Started producing some actual evidence to support your claims.

I realize that neither one of those things is going to happen, but I don't want you to think you're making any kind of cogent argument for whatever position it is you actually hold.
__________________
"Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair. Or beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you've got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."

Last edited by Animal Mother; 11-17-2012 at 04:17..
Animal Mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:16   #232
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai
 
Peace Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: With the other 7,999,999
Posts: 26,188
Blog Entries: 2
TO RECAP ( and catch up...):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
... Scientifically: C'mon, we know for a fact the earth and all of its life did not come to being in 6 days. Even you have to admit that. And before you start... no one is going to claim that perhaps evolution or anything relating to an old Earth is how God brought creation about. Your book doesn't say that, your book says 6 days... and it's wrong.
I believe the Holy Bible. I used to believe the Earth and the Universe were both created around 6000 years ago; however, after studying a bit with a Rabbi online, I now believe the Earth and the Universe to be between 6000 and 13,000 years old.

But to directly respond to your point, no, I admit to no such thing as you imply.

I 100% believe the Earth and the Universe are not more than 13,000 years old, give or take the couple hundred or so years difference between the solar based Gregorian calendar and the lunar based Jewish calendar.

Quote me: "Moreover, I 100% believe both the Earth, the Universe, and everything else, seen and unseen, were created by the Creator and Him alone. He is Jehovah." - Peace Warrior (NOTE: I have no empirically based scientific basis for the previous statement, which makes it a 100% statement of faith.)

No, as for you, if you are honest, you too have no empirically derived scientific data as far as an origin for the Earth and the Universe. What you have is theory and beliefs based on that theory, which means you have to have just as much faith in what you believe as I do.

"Even you have to admit that."
__________________
“After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it.” - William S. Burroughs
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 11-17-2012 at 04:20..
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:26   #233
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai
 
Peace Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: With the other 7,999,999
Posts: 26,188
Blog Entries: 2
TO RECAP ( and catch up...):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
... Historically: Luke tells us that when Jesus was born, Agustus was conducting his census (which was Josephs reason for returning home) and that Quirinius was governor of Syria. This is impossible if Herod was alive because the governorship of Quirinius in Syria didn't take place until as many as 10 years after the death of Herod. If Christ was born during the governorship of Quirinius then the fleeing from Herod to Egypt never occurred as Herod would have been long dead. If the mash up between Herod and Christ happened... Luke is a liar. This is the only place in the Gospel where one of the writers attempted to pinpoint the time in which Christ was born... and they got the historical details wrong. ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
PEACE WARRIOR... I'M WAITING! ...Surely your magic book has the answers you need.
Quote:
Let's look at what Luke actually said.

Luke 2:1-3KJV

And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus, that all the world should be taxed. ([And] this taxing was first made when Cyrenius was governor of Syria.) And all went to be taxed, every one into his own city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
... Historically: Luke tells us that when Jesus was born, [Caesar Augustus] was conducting his census (which was Josephs reason for returning home) and that [Cyrenius] was governor of Syria.

This is impossible if Herod was alive because the governorship of [Cyrenius] in Syria didn't take place until as many as 10 years after the death of Herod. [blah blah blah yadda yadda...] ...
(Corrections in bold red.)

Wow, much ado still going on in this thread about nothing. (My bad actually, I should have went to my Holy Bible instead of to the book shelf for extra biblical references in the first place. mea culpa.)


The above KJV scripture quote is what Luke actually said of the entire matter. Now please, simply, tell me no more about this supposed contradiction?

For instance, the Holy Bible, and Luke, are merely saying that the first time people were taxed was when Cyrenius was governor of Syria. It did NOT say Cyrenius was governor of Syria at the time that Jesus was born.

Again, my bad as I should have went biblical first.

On to the next one....
(With added emphasis to my post #58.)

ETA: Found this since the thread started: http://ed5015.tripod.com/BArchaeologySupportsNT25.htm
__________________
“After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it.” - William S. Burroughs
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 11-17-2012 at 04:40..
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:32   #234
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun
 
Animal Mother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 14,844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Warrior View Post
you too have no empirically derived scientific data as far as an origin for the Earth and the Universe.
You mean other than the overwhelming amount of data which supports both a 13.7 Billion year age for the Universe and a 4.5 Billion year age for Earth which has been repeatedly offered up in this charming interactions only for you to declare it to be not "real" science without further justification or explanation?
__________________
"Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair. Or beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you've got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
Animal Mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:16   #235
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai
 
Peace Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: With the other 7,999,999
Posts: 26,188
Blog Entries: 2
TO RECAP ( and catch up...):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal Mother View Post
... That would be your modus operandi, not mine, as the still unrevealed great secred of "Lucy's knee" demonstrates. ...
(Emp. mine)


It is no secret, lucy is the name given to some fragments of bones and bones of a chimp, which not even 50% of the bones were collected.

What's more, the assorted bones and fragments that are named lucy today were found over the course of a calendar year, from right near the ground's surface to up to 200 feet deep, and linearly speaking up to a mile or so apart.

The knee itself is suspect for at least two reasons. One reason is what the person credited with finding lucy, Dr. Donald Johanson, a paleontologist, stated in an open lecture in Kansas City, Missouri, after inviting questions from the attending audience.

For example, the following question was asked, this is verbatim quote, “How far away from Lucy did you find the knee?” Dr. Donald Johanson stated, "[It was found] about 200 feet lower and two to three kilometers away." Then the same person asking this first question then immediately followed up with another question, this is a verbatim quote, "Then why are you sure it belonged to Lucy?," to which Dr. Donald Johanson answered, “Anatomical similarity.”




As far as "lucy" and other fossils supposedly supporting a macro-revolutionary theory, here is a list of things that evos themselves say about fossils in general and or in-particular when it comes to fossils being used to support evolution as a theory.
__________________
“After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it.” - William S. Burroughs
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 11-17-2012 at 05:23..
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:24   #236
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun
 
Animal Mother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 14,844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Warrior View Post
(With added emphasis to my post #58.)
You're just going to ignore the problems with these claims that have already been pointed out? My psychic powers are proven real again!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal Mother View Post
Are you planning on having a discussion or will you be following past practice and simply declaring things true and refusing to consider or address any evidence to the contrary?
Quote:
ETA: Found this since the thread started: http://ed5015.tripod.com/BArchaeologySupportsNT25.htm
Now you're going to depend on Jerry Vardaman and his "microletters" as filtered through an anonymous author? You've truly gone off the deep end here. Who was this other Quirinius? What other offices did he hold? Which gens did he belong to? Why is he absent from the list of known legates of Syria (which is the proper title for the time under discussion, not proconsul) ? Your "source" claims this individual held office "from 11 BC until Herod died." yet we have records showing that Marcus Titius, Gaius Sentius Saturninus, Publius Quinctilius Varus were the legates during this period. How do you reconcile these apparent contradictions, or will you simply ignore them in favor of the baseless claims which happen to support your beliefs, as I suspect?
__________________
"Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair. Or beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you've got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
Animal Mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:39   #237
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai
 
Peace Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: With the other 7,999,999
Posts: 26,188
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal Mother View Post
Fossils don't prove the Earth is billions of years old, because they're not that old. However, they do prove the Earth is between tens of thousands and millions of years old.
Radiometric dating is what proves the Earth is billions of years old. ...
(Emp. mine)\

Radiometric dating does not prove the Earth to be billions of billions of years old. Evos already admit as much.

-am-, stratigraphy, specifically as it relates to the geologic column and the age of the Earth, is what drives radiometric dating. One the whole, radiometric dating relies on the cross checking from index fossils, specifically, their placement within the certain stratum, in order to determine if the radiometric dates are to be used or literally thrown out as inconclusive or in error.

Simply put, where it not for the predetermined dates derived from the geologic column, which by the way predates radiometric dating by over 50 years at least, then radiometric dating would have been thrown out by the evos themselves as something that was unreliable as well as a foolish methodology to scientifically determine the age of anything dug up and or found on the ground.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal Mother View Post
...You've been offered numerous opportunities to produce evidence of a global flood. You've refused to do so. Do your indicate you'll now share it?
__________________
“After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it.” - William S. Burroughs
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:43   #238
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun
 
Animal Mother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 14,844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Warrior View Post
(Emp. mine)
Crazy yours too.
Quote:
It is no secret, lucy is the name given to some fragments of bones and bones of a chimp, which not even 50% of the bones were collected.
We've gone around about this one before too. If Lucy (an example of Australopithecus afarensis) is in fact a chimp, why are the ratios of her humerus to femur not within the range found in chimpanzees? In fact, the ratio falls between those of humans (71.8%) and chimps (97.8%) at 84.6%?
Quote:
What's more, the assorted bones and fragments that are named lucy today were found over the course of a calendar year, from right near the ground's surface to up to 200 feet deep, and linearly speaking up to a mile or so apart.
Completely false. The entirety of the bones were found in the same location over the course of three weeks of excavation.
Quote:
The knee itself is suspect for at least two reasons. One reason is what the person credited with finding lucy, Dr. Donald Johanson, a paleontologist, stated in an open lecture in Kansas City, Missouri, after inviting questions from the attending audience.

For example, the following question was asked, this is verbatim quote, “How far away from Lucy did you find the knee?” Dr. Donald Johanson stated, "[It was found] about 200 feet lower and two to three kilometers away." Then the same person asking this first question then immediately followed up with another question, this is a verbatim quote, "Then why are you sure it belonged to Lucy?," to which Dr. Donald Johanson answered, “Anatomical similarity.”
And this simply demonstrates either your continued intentional efforts at deception or utter inability to identify deception perpetrated by others which leads you to parrot it. Repeating Tom Willis' lies don't make them true, unfortunately for your position, they simply expose you. The errors of your claims are covered extensively in this article at Talkorigins. To summarize, the knee joint was a separate find from the previous (1973) dig season and identified as AL129-1, not part of Lucy's skeleton. A fact which could be verified by the simple expedient of looking at any of the available pictures of Lucy's skeleton, which show that there is no complete knee joint present. However, both the right tibia and left femur were recovered allowing scientists to analyze the structure of Lucy's knee joint.
Really? You're going to fall back on quote mining, again? Using the same quotes which have already been repeatedly debunked ? Do you not have any hint of integrity?
__________________
"Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair. Or beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you've got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
Animal Mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:50   #239
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai
 
Peace Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: With the other 7,999,999
Posts: 26,188
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal Mother View Post
You're just going to ignore the problems with these claims that have already been pointed out? My psychic powers are proven real again!!

Now you're going to depend on Jerry Vardaman and his "microletters" as filtered through an anonymous author? You've truly gone off the deep end here. Who was this other Quirinius? What other offices did he hold? Which gens did he belong to? Why is he absent from the list of known legates of Syria (which is the proper title for the time under discussion, not proconsul) ? Your "source" claims this individual held office "from 11 BC until Herod died." yet we have records showing that Marcus Titius, Gaius Sentius Saturninus, Publius Quinctilius Varus were the legates during this period. How do you reconcile these apparent contradictions, or will you simply ignore them in favor of the baseless claims which happen to support your beliefs, as I suspect?
Did you forget the originally asserted contradiction? It was that Luke stated Jesus was born at the time when Cyrenius was governor of Syria, but this is NOT what Luke states.

This is a pure (to put it politely) misinterpretation, which I suspect was done so as to invent a contradiction in the first place. For the last time on this issue, here is what Luke stated and I do not see how anyone could interpret these words to mean Jesus was born when Cyrenius was governor.


Luke 2:1-3KJV

And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus, that all the world should be taxed. ([And] this taxing was first made when Cyrenius was governor of Syria.) And all went to be taxed, every one into his own city.

Luke says nothing of the kind and there is no contradiction. Period.
__________________
“After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it.” - William S. Burroughs
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:52   #240
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun
 
Animal Mother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 14,844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Warrior View Post
(Emp. mine)\

Radiometric dating does not prove the Earth to be billions of billions of years old. Evos already admit as much.
I suppose asking for evidence of this would be too much?
Quote:
-am-, stratigraphy, specifically as it relates to the geologic column and the age of the Earth, is what drives radiometric dating. One the whole, radiometric dating relies on the cross checking from index fossils, specifically, their placement within the certain stratum, in order to determine if the radiometric dates are to be used or literally thrown out as inconclusive or in error.
Seriously, we're going to go through this, again? Stratigraphy is not what drives radiometric dating, the known decay rate of radioactive isotopes is.
Quote:
Simply put, where it not for the predetermined dates derived from the geologic column, which by the way predates radiometric dating by over 50 years at least, then radiometric dating would have been thrown out by the evos themselves as something that was unreliable as well as a foolish methodology to scientifically determine the age of anything dug up and or found on the ground.
Another complete falsehood. How does the geologic column affect the decay of uranium-235 to lead-207 or uranium-238 to lead-206?
__________________
"Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair. Or beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you've got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
Animal Mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:58   #241
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun
 
Animal Mother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 14,844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Warrior View Post
Did you forget the originally asserted contradiction? It was that Luke stated Jesus was born at the time when Cyrenius was governor of Syria, but this is NOT what Luke states.
Yes, it is.
Quote:
This is a pure (to put it politely) misinterpretation, which I suspect was done so as to invent a contradiction in the first place. For the last time on this issue, here is what Luke stated and I do not see how anyone could interpret these words to mean Jesus was born when Cyrenius was governor.


Luke 2:1-3KJV

And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus, that all the world should be taxed. ([And] this taxing was first made when Cyrenius was governor of Syria.) And all went to be taxed, every one into his own city.

Luke says nothing of the kind and there is no contradiction. Period.
Why did Joseph travel to Bethlehem with his betrothed Mary, who was pregnant at the time? Perhaps Luke 2:4-5 can give us some insight: "And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judaea, unto the city of David, which is called Bethlehem; (because he was of the house and lineage of David) To be taxed with Mary his espoused wife, being great with child."

Joseph was going to Bethlehem to be taxed, a tax which was first made when Quirinius was governor of Syria, and was accompanied by his espoused wife who was great with child.

What possible conclusion fits the narrative other than that it was taking place while Quirinius was governor?
__________________
"Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair. Or beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you've got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."

Last edited by Animal Mother; 11-17-2012 at 06:00..
Animal Mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:00   #242
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai
 
Peace Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: With the other 7,999,999
Posts: 26,188
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal Mother View Post
Crazy yours too.
We've gone around about this one before too. If Lucy (an example of Australopithecus afarensis) is in fact a chimp, why are the ratios of her humerus to femur not within the range found in chimpanzees? In fact, the ratio falls between those of humans (71.8%) and chimps (97.8%) at 84.6%? ...
Since the skeletal remains you mention for lucy has one bone from the left side and the other bone from the right side, and coupling these facts with the fact that all the bones were found with other assorted remains from similar looking bones, my guess would be that Dr. Johanson has collected bones from two different animals as well as two different sides (e.g., left and right) of animals that were drowned and ultimately had their remains scattered in a world wide flood, which is clearly spoken of in Genesis.

That's my guess, what is yours?

ETA: The talkorigins cite didn.t reveal the entire conversations held that day in Kansas City, Missouri. Please get back with me on that topic when your ready to address it. (Might help to mention the same to your favorite website (i.e., talkorigins), and find out why they omitted the followup question. Just a thought.
__________________
“After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it.” - William S. Burroughs
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 11-17-2012 at 06:05..
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:16   #243
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai
 
Peace Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: With the other 7,999,999
Posts: 26,188
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal Mother View Post
Yes, it is.
Why did Joseph travel to Bethlehem with his betrothed Mary, who was pregnant at the time? Perhaps Luke 2:4-5 can give us some insight: "And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judaea, unto the city of David, which is called Bethlehem; (because he was of the house and lineage of David) To be taxed with Mary his espoused wife, being great with child."

Joseph was going to Bethlehem to be taxed, a tax which was first made when Quirinius was governor of Syria, and was accompanied by his espoused wife who was great with child.

What possible conclusion fits the narrative other than that it was taking place while Quirinius was governor?
You failure and or inability to to read and comprehend makes the fact you were able to get through your first year, much less complete several years of college absolutely amazing to me.

There is no contradiction, and all I can do at this point is strongly suggest that you learn how to read and comprehend above beyond your emotional involved stubbornness. If you'll simply read it as written it is easily understood, but you are literally creating a baseless contradiction out of emotionalism rather than the text itself.

This will make it simple for you ( I hope...)

If the text read, " And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus, that all the world should be taxed. ([And] Jesus was born when Cyrenius was governor of Syria.)...," then you would have a foundation for your argument, but you are without anything to rationally support you position at this point.

But it doesn't say or imply any such thing, it merely states, "([And] this taxing was first made when Cyrenius was governor of Syria.)"
__________________
“After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it.” - William S. Burroughs
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 11-17-2012 at 06:17..
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:35   #244
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun
 
Animal Mother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 14,844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Warrior View Post
You failure and or inability to to read and comprehend makes the fact you were able to get through your first year, much less complete several years of college absolutely amazing to me.

There is no contradiction, and all I can do at this point is strongly suggest that you learn how to read and comprehend above beyond your emotional involved stubbornness. If you'll simply read it as written it is easily understood, but you are literally creating a baseless contradiction out of emotionalism rather than the text itself.

This will make it simple for you ( I hope...)

If the text read, " And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus, that all the world should be taxed. ([And] Jesus was born when Cyrenius was governor of Syria.)...," then you would have a foundation for your argument, but you are without anything to rationally support you position at this point.

But it doesn't say or imply any such thing, it merely states, "([And] this taxing was first made when Cyrenius was governor of Syria.)"
Clearly, your delusions are strong. Let's take it one baby step at a time.

Why was Joseph going to Bethlehem?
__________________
"Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair. Or beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you've got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
Animal Mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:45   #245
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai
 
Peace Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: With the other 7,999,999
Posts: 26,188
Blog Entries: 2
TO RECAP ( and catch up...):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal Mother View Post
It is possible you hold this view [Peace Warrior], given your earlier statement that you completely reject science in favor of the Bible, but it isn't true in any objective sense of the words "scientifically" or "accurate".
...
I said, "I completely reject science in favor of the [Holy] Bible." Really?

WOW?!?!???

Doesn't sound like something I'd say, but given your propensity to carefully abbreviate, embellish, and or hyper-exaggerate what others actually say, let me first ask for a quoted link through the GT system, or can you post a link to such a quote by me on other sites or one of my blogs elsewhere.

Thanks...
__________________
“After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it.” - William S. Burroughs
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 11-17-2012 at 06:46..
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:59   #246
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun
 
Animal Mother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 14,844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Warrior View Post
Since the skeletal remains you mention for lucy has one bone from the left side and the other bone from the right side,
What does this have to do with the knee you've been going on about?
Quote:
and coupling these facts with the fact that all the bones were found with other assorted remains from similar looking bones
They were not found with any other assorted remains. The fact there were no duplicate bones is one of the points cited by Dr. Johanson in his book on the discovery.
Quote:
my guess would be that Dr. Johanson has collected bones from two different animals as well as two different sides (e.g., left and right) of animals that were drowned and ultimately had their remains scattered in a world wide flood, which is clearly spoken of in Genesis.
Your guess is wrong, given both the evidence above and the complete lack of evidence for a global flood.
Quote:
That's my guess, what is yours?
I don't have to guess. I have evidence.
Quote:
ETA: The talkorigins cite didn.t reveal the entire conversations held that day in Kansas City, Missouri. Please get back with me on that topic when your ready to address it. (Might help to mention the same to your favorite website (i.e., talkorigins), and find out why they omitted the followup question. Just a thought.
That's because the followup question is not documented anywhere except the creationist propaganda. Given the demonstrated willingness of creationists to distort or even outright lie when necessary, why should this claim be given any substance especially after the previous claimed question has already been addressed and shown to be inaccurate? Willis is the only source for the supposed questions, and again his veracity is very much open to question. Given that nowhere in Johanson's published work has he ever described the Hadar knee joint as Lucy's knee, there's no reason to think he would have done so in the course of a lecture.
__________________
"Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair. Or beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you've got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
Animal Mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:22   #247
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun
 
Animal Mother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 14,844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Warrior View Post
I said, "I completely reject science in favor of the [Holy] Bible." Really?

WOW?!?!???

Doesn't sound like something I'd say, but given your propensity to carefully abbreviate, embellish, and or hyper-exaggerate what others actually say, let me first ask for a quoted link through the GT system, or can you post a link to such a quote by me on other sites or one of my blogs elsewhere.

Thanks...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Warrior View Post
I'll admit I have PURE faith in the Earth, Moon, Sun, Stars and everything else seen and unseen only being between 6000 and 13,000 years old
I could add any number of examples where you reject the evidence and conclusions of science because they contradict your interpretations of scripture while making vague claims about "believable" and "real" science which are nothing more than transparent attempts to twist the language of science to the service of your religious beliefs with no regard to what the evidence actually shows.

But here's a chance for you to make an explicit statement, if you have the guts. If the Bible and the conclusions of scientific investigation contradict each other, which do you hold to be authoritative or true?
__________________
"Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair. Or beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you've got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."

Last edited by Animal Mother; 11-17-2012 at 07:23..
Animal Mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:51   #248
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai
 
Peace Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: With the other 7,999,999
Posts: 26,188
Blog Entries: 2
TO RECAP ( and catch up...):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal Mother View Post
...Such as the value of pi being 3? ...
1 Kings 7:23 - 26 (KJV)

And he made a molten sea, ten cubits from the one brim to the other: it was round all about, and his height was five cubits: and a line of thirty cubits did compass it round about. And under the brim of it round about there were knops compassing it, ten in a cubit, compassing the sea round about: the knops were cast in two rows, when it was cast. It stood upon twelve oxen, three looking toward the north, and three looking toward the west, and three looking toward the south, and three looking toward the east: and the sea was set above upon them, and all their hinder parts were inward. And it was an hand breadth thick, and the brim thereof was wrought like the brim of a cup, with flowers of lilies: it contained two thousand baths.


Folks not interested in truth, but trying to create contradiction NEVER read or mention verse 26 from 1st Kings, chapter 7, which gives a value of pi based on the circumference divided by the diameter if one adds the width of the "above ground brass 'swimming' pool."


Religious Issues
__________________
“After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it.” - William S. Burroughs
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 11-17-2012 at 07:58..
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:05   #249
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai
 
Peace Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: With the other 7,999,999
Posts: 26,188
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal Mother View Post
...[No PW, you never said anything of the kind, not even remotely, I made it up because I personally believe that] you reject the evidence and conclusions of science because they contradict your interpretations of scripture ...
Fixed it for ya!

I never said anything of the like, but before I fixed it, it was the best apology I ever saw you make. You're gettin' soft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal Mother View Post
... But here's a chance for you to make an explicit statement, if you have the guts. If the Bible and the conclusions of scientific investigation contradict each other, which do you hold to be authoritative or true?
Such an outlandish hypothetical occurrence based on your suppositions so far in this thread.

You will forgive me for not even pretending to respond until you or someone else actually gets close to having something worthy enough to give rise to decent premise on which to base such a question.
__________________
“After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it.” - William S. Burroughs
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 11-17-2012 at 08:06..
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:09   #250
steveksux
Massive Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 13,445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Warrior View Post
(Emp. mine)\

Radiometric dating does not prove the Earth to be billions of billions of years old. Evos already admit as much.

-am-, stratigraphy, specifically as it relates to the geologic column and the age of the Earth, is what drives radiometric dating. One the whole, radiometric dating relies on the cross checking from index fossils, specifically, their placement within the certain stratum, in order to determine if the radiometric dates are to be used or literally thrown out as inconclusive or in error.

Simply put, where it not for the predetermined dates derived from the geologic column, which by the way predates radiometric dating by over 50 years at least, then radiometric dating would have been thrown out by the evos themselves as something that was unreliable as well as a foolish methodology to scientifically determine the age of anything dug up and or found on the ground.
Did you make all that up yourself???

Radiometric dating is based on comparing the normal ratios of isotopes accumulated in living animals to the ratios in the fossils, and using the half life of the isotope to figure out how long it would take to decay to the ratio seen in the fossil. That's what "evos" use. Its based on known rates of decay, measurable ratios, and that thing called "math".

You seem to again be confused over basic facts, and even basic definitions.

Randy

Last edited by steveksux; 11-17-2012 at 08:14..
steveksux is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 23:27.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 837
242 Members
595 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42