SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-18-2012, 16:18   #41
bfsmith7

Quote:
Originally Posted by moedi View Post
I have a Raven Concealment holster and was experiencing a similar issue with my G23. I felt like the holster was holding the pistol up higher on my side than other IWB holsters I have had in the past. I was using the soft loops so there was not really a way to seat the holster lower than it already was so I switched to the tuckable j-hooks and with them you can lower the whole holster by putting it on the higher "rivets."

(http://www.ravenconcealment.com/quic...ckable-j-hooks)

And I guess you could even use different levels of the rivets to adjust the cant that way.
I was using the tuckable soft loops and I recently received the tuckable c-hooks to solve another problem (the loops themselves were printing and also my shirt would occasionally get caught on them during the draw stroke). Switching to the c-hooks actually helped my other problem immensely simply because they pull the gun much tighter into my side. Because it is pulled tighter into my side it also moves less when I change positions, i.e. sit down, and doesn't stick out like it did before. Also, I changed which rivets I was using to increase the cant, which has helped some.
bfsmith7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 17:07   #42
moedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfsmith7 View Post
I was using the tuckable soft loops and I recently received the tuckable c-hooks to solve another problem (the loops themselves were printing and also my shirt would occasionally get caught on them during the draw stroke). Switching to the c-hooks actually helped my other problem immensely simply because they pull the gun much tighter into my side. Because it is pulled tighter into my side it also moves less when I change positions, i.e. sit down, and doesn't stick out like it did before. Also, I changed which rivets I was using to increase the cant, which has helped some.
Nice! Glad that it is working better for you, I think that the great think about their holsters is their versatility and the ability to be modified for your specific needs.
moedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 14:58   #43
SCmasterblaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfsmith7 View Post
So, you are not printing anything now? Problem solved?
Old 11-21-2012, 11:33   #44
bfsmith7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCmasterblaster View Post
So, you are not printing anything now? Problem solved?
The printing has been greatly reduced. Now I'd say it's to that "nothing to worry about" point. Unfortunately the c-hooks make the entire setup slightly less comfortable, but we'll see if it's something that I'll get used to or if I'll have to work out something different down the road.

(I know, I know, many will have suggestions of holsters that they find more comfortable. But, as quality holsters are expensive, I hope to make do with what I have until I determine that I truly need something different.)
bfsmith7 is offline   Reply With Quote