SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-20-2012, 01:29   #26
1RoundEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoGlock View Post
I've been bitten by the pistol competition bug about 7 months ago. Love uspsa , etc.

But I have to be honest and not bashing here but I did not really enjoy my first GSSF match I did few weeks back. Maybe it was an off day, idk. Ill give it another shot and I will do another in April hopefully.
Sorry you didn't like it. It's a lot dofferent than the defensive pistol stuff that we have been shooting once or twice a month.

In GSSF the penalties are so stiff that you cannot shoot faster than a miss no matter how hard you try. But as Scott said the prize pool is a lot deeper, and having won a random pistol at my first match, they hooked me for life. Try Norco in April, or of you get the gambling bug there is Vegas in January following SHOT.
1RoundEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:57   #27
MotoGlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1RoundEye View Post
Sorry you didn't like it. It's a lot dofferent than the defensive pistol stuff that we have been shooting once or twice a month.

In GSSF the penalties are so stiff that you cannot shoot faster than a miss no matter how hard you try. But as Scott said the prize pool is a lot deeper, and having won a random pistol at my first match, they hooked me for life. Try Norco in April, or of you get the gambling bug there is Vegas in January following SHOT.
Ok, you're going to have to give me some GSSF pointers come April.
And you won a pistol? Really?
Awesome!
MotoGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:38   #28
emtjr928

[
Quote:
Originally Posted by PM720
Well, I hope it wasn't anything I said or did! ...I think you will find Norco to be a little smoother and I hope to RO there as well. You know, bring some of my Kitty training there as well!

Scott
QUOTE=SARDG;19650375] No wonder people hate you! [/QUOTE]

Scott/Kitty
So that explains everyones change in attitude toward me!!
emtjr928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:06   #29
SARDG

Quote:
Originally Posted by emtjr928 View Post
Scott/Kitty
So that explains everyones change in attitude toward me!!
What was their attitude before??? I need a baseline!
SARDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:12   #30
1RoundEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoGlock View Post
Ok, you're going to have to give me some GSSF pointers come April.
And you won a pistol? Really?
Awesome!
Yepp, my first match out I pulled a random pistol. I used it to get a G19 for the wife (girlfriend at the time), and that was Norco two years ago. I've been shooting more and more matches each you in hopes of winning another one. This year I shot five, with the last two being five divisions each.

You're a pretty good shot, so I don't imagine you need much work other than getting use to the COF and practicing some basic sight acquisition and transition stuff. There's actually a decent sticky at the top of the GSSF forum on how to practice for a match, but the number one thing is to shoot more of them.
1RoundEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:43   #31
bigleaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike g35 View Post
Woohoo!!!! That's another close match for me!!! That's Dayton, Marietta, Beckley, Lexington, and now Park City!!!! Hopefully I'll be adding Conyers and a couple more as well but it's a little too early to tell about those.
Don't forget the Music City Shootout III in Nashville (Dickson, actually). Great folks and a great range.
That's all that tyranny is: it's not in a personality; it's a set of circumstances. It's being trapped with your enemy in a limited space– a country or a family– where the balance of power between you is unequal and the weaker one has no recourse.
bigleaf is offline   Reply With Quote