Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 11:27   #81
MD357

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIPPER 348 View Post
....because y'all are a bunch of 1911 drama-queens
Jerry..... Jerry...... Jerry..... Jerry......
Old 11-21-2012, 12:04   #82
MD357

Quote:
Oh, you want the specific parts they're looking to change between individual guns? It's everything.
I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say you're not reading what I said multiple times. I'm insterested in what YOU would switch out or THINK you'd need to switch out after use. You see, you are not a force of 4,000 heading downrange.

Quote:
The other two manufacturers, by the way, are Springfield Armory with the MC Operator and something built by Karl Lippard.

So, any part, requiring any hand fitting, was a failure to meet testing requirements. The Colt failed because the new recoil system initially required a recess be hollowed out in the slide, which led to structural integrity issues that caused the much-noted frame cracks we've all seen pictures of. Colt was allowed to redesign and declared to have passed without retesting, which is a whole other ball of wax not germane to this thread.
That's all great but it's a red herring to anything I said in the previous post. You keep tapdancing and talking about the military trials..... we've established THEIR needs are different. If you feel YOU needs are simliar in the sense of parts interchangability then by all means.... again.... be specific.

Quote:
I'm going on some obscure-but-open-to-the-public reports and OFUO info.
You posted nothing that showed anything to compromise what I said about reliability. You posted some fragments of a report.

Quote:
No, I think the marketing is misleading because the marketing is misleading. This is a good summary from another forum by someone who, while not involved in the testing, has access to the results:
Apply some reference or critical thinking here from yourself? It's a joke to post what someone else said on the internet without reference after a quick google search. Otherwise, I could just head over to arf.com where you got it?
Old 11-21-2012, 12:30   #83
Tophatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD357 View Post
I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say you're not reading what I said multiple times. I'm insterested in what YOU would switch out or THINK you'd need to switch out after use. You see, you are not a force of 4,000 heading downrange.
I don't recall saying I'd need to switch anything out, barring something breaking - which has been known to happen. Why is that your focus?

Quote:
That's all great but it's a red herring to anything I said in the previous post. You keep tapdancing and talking about the military trials..... we've established THEIR needs are different. If you feel YOU needs are simliar in the sense of parts interchangability then by all means.... again.... be specific.
We're talking about the military trials because you refuse to acknowledge that the military version of the gun is built differently than the civilian version.

Quote:
Apply some reference or critical thinking here from yourself?
I have. It's going to be built differently than the Marines' version. Said it plenty of times, pointed to the video of the Colt rep saying it plenty of times. Somehow, it still hasn't sunk in on your end.

It's not the same gun. I'm not sure why you're insisting so hard that it is, but the facts simply don't favor your interpretation.

Quote:
It's a joke to post what someone else said on the internet without reference after a quick google search. Otherwise, I could just head over to arf.com where you got it?
No Google-fu needed, I was pretty involved in that thread, and Augee summed up my feelings on it nicely.
Old 11-21-2012, 13:15   #84
MD357

Quote:
I don't recall saying I'd need to switch anything out, barring something breaking - which has been known to happen. Why is that your focus?
I was incorrect in my assumption that you weren't reading what I said.

Quote:
We're talking about the military trials because you refuse to acknowledge that the military version of the gun is built differently than the civilian version.

I'm providing that it doesn't make any difference to a civilian and it's only a plus that they are fitted a little closer. (if certain parts need extensive fitting at all) What you're not getting is that their considerations for the military are moot for YOU, unless you can provide otherwise. Hence my line of questions you didn't understand.

Quote:
No Google-fu needed, I was pretty involved in that thread, and Augee summed up my feelings on it nicely.
Yep, he's the guy that pretty much agrees with what I've been saying on terms of signficance of perceived difference. I however disagree with the authenticity as the guy that actually builds 1911s in that thread, has a point.

Quote:
It's not the same gun. I'm not sure why you're insisting so hard that it is, but the facts simply don't favor your interpretation.
As stated earlier for any practical purposes it is with a bonus, I guess if true authenticity is your only goal then there's a ton of slippery slop there. Same parts, specs, coating, steel, etc.
Old 11-21-2012, 13:23   #85
3rdgen40
.45 fanatic

Quote:
Old 11-21-2012, 13:36   #86
Paul7
New Guy

Quote:
Gun sold for $1300. I've found used Colts for as little as $500.

They are selling at the prices I listed, whether you like it or not. Buying used is a whole different story and to follow that red herring is moot.

As I figured, you couldn't provide any proof other than "on this other site this guy says." I dunno which exact colt you are trying to compare to, but they go for ~850-900 new around here. Rail guns are just a bit more.
Are you trying to say the Colt is as good as the DW?
Old 11-21-2012, 13:43   #87
MD357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul7 View Post
Are you trying to say the Colt is as good as the DW?
Dunno how anyone could get that from what I said. To put it in plain english, all things being equal in terms of new or used..... A DW is significantly more than a Colt in terms of cost.... as it should be. Again, wanting to compare used prices to new is a joke and thus my original price points are accurate.

Whether or not these particular guns hold up to DW remains to be seen.
Old 11-22-2012, 14:28   #88
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Quote:
YOU TAKE THAT BACK!!!

Colt had served America for nearly two hundred years of honorable service!!!

Are you some sort of commie?
Old 11-27-2012, 12:26   #89
Paul7
New Guy

Quote:
Dunno how anyone could get that from what I said. To put it in plain english, all things being equal in terms of new or used..... A DW is significantly more than a Colt in terms of cost.... as it should be. Again, wanting to compare used prices to new is a joke and thus my original price points are accurate.
When I brought up the DW for $1,350, I wasn't comparing new to used.
Old 11-27-2012, 13:38   #90
SigFTW

Pass, I could get two Kimbers for the same price!
Old 11-27-2012, 15:16   #91
Paul7
New Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigFTW View Post
Pass, I could get two Kimbers for the same price!
There's a reason for that.
Old 11-27-2012, 15:18   #92
MD357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul7 View Post
When I brought up the DW for $1,350, I wasn't comparing new to used.
Dunno why you're so thickheaded about this. You jumped in this thread beating your chest about your DW Valor in comparison to a colt. I said the going rate is ~1500-1700 depending on the model. You SAY you supposedly got yours for $1350 shipped. More power to you if true, however, as I said earlier those types of deals are now few and far between, if they exist. As proof, you posted a USED gun that sold for the same neighborhood. All things being equal, there's a significant price difference between the two.
Old 11-27-2012, 15:49   #93
Wil Ufgood
CLM Number 263
GTDS #88

Bring these babies back

1911 Forums
Old 11-27-2012, 17:29   #94
Paul7
New Guy

Quote:
Dunno why you're so thickheaded about this. You jumped in this thread beating your chest about your DW Valor in comparison to a colt. I said the going rate is ~1500-1700 depending on the model. You SAY you supposedly got yours for $1350 shipped. More power to you if true, however, as I said earlier those types of deals are now few and far between, if they exist. As proof, you posted a USED gun that sold for the same neighborhood. All things being equal, there's a significant price difference between the two.
Do you want to see the receipt from April? If so, I expect you to be man enough to apologize here, since you're saying I made it up. Go over to the DW forum, people do get deals like that, at least those who know how to look.

Last edited by Paul7; 11-27-2012 at 17:36..

Closed Thread