Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-20-2012, 06:03   #21
Cwlongshot

Well I skinned out the buck last night... Man o man those silver tips are devastating!!! The bullet entered left side base of neck. Went thru about three inches of muscle entered the chest cavity, smashed thru the spine a rib, the shoulder blade and exited with a 1 1/2" exit!!!! I am impressed! The Silvertip nay-Sayers can pound sand! :

CW
Old 11-22-2012, 02:45   #22
WilliamDahl

Deer are so common around here I could just stand out along my back fence with a baseball bat at night and take one. Mainly small does though... Not really worth the effort of harvesting them... Hell, they even cross the street at the crosswalks at stop signs!
WilliamDahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:53   #23
nickE10mm
F.S.F.O.S.

Send a message via AIM to nickE10mm Send a message via MSN to nickE10mm Send a message via Yahoo to nickE10mm
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamDahl View Post
Deer are so common around here I could just stand out along my back fence with a baseball bat at night and take one. Mainly small does though... Not really worth the effort of harvesting them... Hell, they even cross the street at the crosswalks at stop signs!
Hahahah cough cough cough hah ha ha !
10 Ring #1033 - Longslide #1045 - 10mm Loader #1066

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Why do I carry a 10mm?
“Because a 9mm only kills your body… the 10mm kills your soul.”
nickE10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 16:01   #24
WilliamDahl

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickE10mm View Post
Hahahah cough cough cough hah ha ha !
I was out riding my Harley one night and as I stopped at a stop sign getting close to my house, two deer slowly walked across the marked crosswalk in front of me. Didn't run, just walked. One of them stopped, looked at me, and then kept walking. I've seen them numerous times just standing on the side of the road and I'll slow down and stop to look at them and they'll just stand there right beside the driver's side window of my car, even after I roll down the window. This is on a 4 lane residential street where each of the two lanes are separated by a median that has a shallow and narrow waterway / water retention area in the middle of it. What with the pecan trees along there and the grass always being water, they must think that it's their own private eating area.

The funniest thing that I ever saw though was one night after I had turned off into my subdivision. A group of deer were slowly walking down the center of the street. They were not spooked by my car in the least. Periodically, one would peel off and go into the yard on one side of the street or the other, eat a few of the landscaping plants for that house, and then come back to the group in the street. It was like they were going down a double sided buffet line, picking and choosing what they wanted to eat for the night.
WilliamDahl is offline   Reply With Quote