GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2012, 19:04   #16351
ChuteTheMall
What Difference
 
ChuteTheMall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Sinkholeville
Posts: 57,355


Quote:
Originally Posted by _The_Shadow View Post
MOVED to Page 655
ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 22:28   #16352
VN350X10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: McHenry, IL
Posts: 8,039
Oh Pshaw !
VN350X10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 23:01   #16353
ChuteTheMall
What Difference
 
ChuteTheMall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Sinkholeville
Posts: 57,355


Quote:
Originally Posted by G33 View Post
__________________
"One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know."
ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 23:47   #16354
LASTRESORT20
LongTerm-Guy
 
LASTRESORT20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 6,538

Last edited by LASTRESORT20; 11-21-2012 at 23:54.. Reason: Double pic of doll babe
LASTRESORT20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:31   #16355
VN350X10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: McHenry, IL
Posts: 8,039
Traditional meal today, lobster on the menu !

(wild turkey is not indigenous to the eastern portion of this continent, and was not eaten at the 1st Thanksgiving feast. Seafood was a staple of the Wampmog tribe, shellfish & other goodies were therefore, more than likely in the offering)

Waterfowl & small game were also avaliable & whitetail deer was undoutbly eaten.



HAPPY THANKSGIVING !


uncle albert & auntie
VN350X10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 16:28   #16356
_The_Shadow
Ret. Fireman
 
_The_Shadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Southeast, LoUiSiAna
Posts: 4,139
Lobster you say!...Sound great to me! Droolin'!

Hope everyone had a safe and Happy Thanksgiving!
__________________
Southeast, LoUiSiAna
NRA Life Member
BASS Life Member
_The_Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 17:57   #16357
VN350X10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: McHenry, IL
Posts: 8,039
And the homemade mincemeat pie made a fine chaser !
VN350X10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 18:03   #16358
LASTRESORT20
LongTerm-Guy
 
LASTRESORT20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 6,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by _The_Shadow View Post
Lobster you say!...Sound great to me! Droolin'!

Hope everyone had a safe and Happy Thanksgiving!


Lobster....ummmm is right...have not had that in awhile..

Yup...Happy and safe Thanksgiving to all...

Have to get me some of that Lobster this weekend....
LASTRESORT20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 19:33   #16359
Bullman
Ahhhhhhh, Bach
 
Bullman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: SW Virginia
Posts: 25,433


So all the wild turkeys I see around here are squatters?
__________________
Yeah, I'm a champion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Imini3CWiVQ
How DUI enforcement should really work.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJYsX1YGiGA
Bullman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 20:36   #16360
VN350X10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: McHenry, IL
Posts: 8,039
No Bull, but farther up north, around the Mass. area, they don't belong. Down south by you, they would have been"invited" to the dinner party.

Hope you & the family had a safe & happy Thanksgiving.

uncle
VN350X10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 23:25   #16361
Tazz10m
Mod Aerator
 
Tazz10m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: On the beach with girls in bikinis
Posts: 6,170
Happy Thanksgiving everybody!

Ok... that said, i need a gift basket made up special for Mas Ayoob... STAT!

Been going back and forth with him over in his GT forum and just took that thread and merged it into the "Overpenetration" thread here.

Finally we may have an actual "expert" visit us here...
__________________
Celebrating 20 Years of helping good people get AGripô!

Find out what all the fuzz is about... seriously... get AGrip!

Brooks W. Speier
www.BrooksTactical.com Official AGripô Manufacturer Website

AGripô Installation Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlnDjdfWkLY


Never let anyone who is clueless about defense tell you what you can and can't do to protect yourself and others.

Μολὼν λαβέ!
Tazz10m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 05:38   #16362
VN350X10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: McHenry, IL
Posts: 8,039
And just WHY would we want that hack here Tazz ? We have far more class than that, even in the Dungeon !

I'm not going say "sorry", but I personally have no use for Ayobooboo's opinions, even thou he's considered an expert by most & a demigod by others !
I've heard & read far too many of his statements & opinions to think he's anything but over-impressed with himself.....just ask him, he can walk on water while shooting 1" groups weak handed.
I've read too many reviews of firearms that he said were fantastic, that ended up being turds, & some that he said were garbage are amongst the best.
He's read far too much of his own PR, & unfortunately, believes it !

uncle albert


ps: Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving Tazz !
__________________
NRA Endowment Member, NRA Certified Instructor for Rifle & Pistol, Illinois State Rifle Assn. - Life Member, GSSF Life Member,N.R.O.I. level I, IL Glockers #34
G: 19,20(x2),21,22,23(x2),24,27,29,34,35 & 36 (still counting)
USPSA, IDPA,

Last edited by VN350X10; 11-23-2012 at 05:39.. Reason: spelling, as usual !
VN350X10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:44   #16363
Bullman
Ahhhhhhh, Bach
 
Bullman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: SW Virginia
Posts: 25,433


We did pretty good for Thanksgiving this year. Nearly killed the boy last night with some potent turkey and stuffing gas but other than that it was a good day for all.
__________________
Yeah, I'm a champion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Imini3CWiVQ
How DUI enforcement should really work.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJYsX1YGiGA
Bullman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 13:52   #16364
MinervaDoe
Senior Member
 
MinervaDoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Way out in left field
Posts: 6,874
Blog Entries: 5
No pan to clean, cooks in two hours, and tastes like bacon. What's not to like? I just can't believe I never bought one of these before.The 10 Ring
__________________
http://www.chronosscifi.com/
MinervaDoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 14:55   #16365
_The_Shadow
Ret. Fireman
 
_The_Shadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Southeast, LoUiSiAna
Posts: 4,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by LASTRESORT20 View Post
Lobster....ummmm is right...have not had that in awhile..

Yup...Happy and safe Thanksgiving to all...

Have to get me some of that Lobster this weekend....
The way they do these oversized crawfish (lobster) is they split them and stuff the head full of well seasoned crabmeat stuffing, broiled to prefection, topped with a heavy creamy buttery alfredo cheezey sauce with chopped boiled shrimp.

__________________
Southeast, LoUiSiAna
NRA Life Member
BASS Life Member
_The_Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 15:42   #16366
Tazz10m
Mod Aerator
 
Tazz10m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: On the beach with girls in bikinis
Posts: 6,170
Quote:
Originally Posted by VN350X10 View Post
And just WHY would we want that hack here Tazz ? We have far more class than that, even in the Dungeon !

I'm not going say "sorry", but I personally have no use for Ayobooboo's opinions, even thou he's considered an expert by most & a demigod by others !
I've heard & read far too many of his statements & opinions to think he's anything but over-impressed with himself.....just ask him, he can walk on water while shooting 1" groups weak handed.
I've read too many reviews of firearms that he said were fantastic, that ended up being turds, & some that he said were garbage are amongst the best.
He's read far too much of his own PR, & unfortunately, believes it !

uncle albert


ps: Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving Tazz !
I had a wonderful Thanksgiving, Uncle! Thanks! I hope you did, too.

You should read the conversation back and forth between us.... i think you'll find it quite interesting. I'm not sure Mas likes me....
__________________
Celebrating 20 Years of helping good people get AGripô!

Find out what all the fuzz is about... seriously... get AGrip!

Brooks W. Speier
www.BrooksTactical.com Official AGripô Manufacturer Website

AGripô Installation Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlnDjdfWkLY


Never let anyone who is clueless about defense tell you what you can and can't do to protect yourself and others.

Μολὼν λαβέ!
Tazz10m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 15:43   #16367
Tazz10m
Mod Aerator
 
Tazz10m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: On the beach with girls in bikinis
Posts: 6,170
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinervaDoe View Post
No pan to clean, cooks in two hours, and tastes like bacon. What's not to like? I just can't believe I never bought one of these before.The 10 Ring
That looks REALLY good!
__________________
Celebrating 20 Years of helping good people get AGripô!

Find out what all the fuzz is about... seriously... get AGrip!

Brooks W. Speier
www.BrooksTactical.com Official AGripô Manufacturer Website

AGripô Installation Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlnDjdfWkLY


Never let anyone who is clueless about defense tell you what you can and can't do to protect yourself and others.

Μολὼν λαβέ!
Tazz10m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 21:17   #16368
VN350X10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: McHenry, IL
Posts: 8,039
NO, NO, NO.... When you do lobster on the grill, you don't split them. Leave the shells whole, head off. Put them over the coals intact & let the little buggers steam in their own juices, otherwise they dry out & get real tough.
And lobster done correctly don't need no fancy,yuppie flavor ingredients, just get the melted butter ready, with a squirt of lime juice & a touch of dill. Leave the garlic for the shrimp alfredo or whatever.
From frozen, 5-6 oz tails, about 13-16 min. depending on the heat, if you're using wood or charcoal. Don't over-cook or they a get tough !
Keep 'em tender & you be a happy camper !

uncle albert

Last edited by VN350X10; 11-23-2012 at 21:18.. Reason: time zone correction!
VN350X10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 23:16   #16369
MinervaDoe
Senior Member
 
MinervaDoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Way out in left field
Posts: 6,874
Blog Entries: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazz10m View Post
That looks REALLY good!
Thanks. It is good. I had a turkey sandwich for breakfast. Tonight we had a turkey salad. Tomorrow we'll have some sort of turkey pasta.
The thing that surprised me the most is just how easy it is to barbecue this way. Once you skewer the bird and get it in the barbecue, all you need to do is drop a few new brickets into the barbecue every fifteen minutes.
Plus, since I'm easily amused, watching the rotisserie go around is good entertainment.
__________________
http://www.chronosscifi.com/

Last edited by MinervaDoe; 11-23-2012 at 23:16..
MinervaDoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 23:37   #16370
LASTRESORT20
LongTerm-Guy
 
LASTRESORT20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 6,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by _The_Shadow View Post
The way they do these oversized crawfish (lobster) is they split them and stuff the head full of well seasoned crabmeat stuffing, broiled to prefection, topped with a heavy creamy buttery alfredo cheezey sauce with chopped boiled shrimp.




.........Oh Yeah!

LASTRESORT20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:46   #16371
Tazz10m
Mod Aerator
 
Tazz10m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: On the beach with girls in bikinis
Posts: 6,170
Quote:
Originally Posted by VN350X10 View Post
NO, NO, NO.... When you do lobster on the grill, you don't split them. Leave the shells whole, head off. Put them over the coals intact & let the little buggers steam in their own juices, otherwise they dry out & get real tough.
And lobster done correctly don't need no fancy,yuppie flavor ingredients, just get the melted butter ready, with a squirt of lime juice & a touch of dill. Leave the garlic for the shrimp alfredo or whatever.
From frozen, 5-6 oz tails, about 13-16 min. depending on the heat, if you're using wood or charcoal. Don't over-cook or they a get tough !
Keep 'em tender & you be a happy camper !

uncle albert
Head off? What??? The head is the best part! INFIDEL!!!
__________________
Celebrating 20 Years of helping good people get AGripô!

Find out what all the fuzz is about... seriously... get AGrip!

Brooks W. Speier
www.BrooksTactical.com Official AGripô Manufacturer Website

AGripô Installation Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlnDjdfWkLY


Never let anyone who is clueless about defense tell you what you can and can't do to protect yourself and others.

Μολὼν λαβέ!
Tazz10m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:43   #16372
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 6,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinervaDoe View Post
No pan to clean, cooks in two hours, and tastes like bacon. What's not to like? I just can't believe I never bought one of these before.The 10 Ring
Permit me the temerity of perhaps inducing a small measure of discord into this discussion with a comment about Weber grill turkey technique. I prefer to do the bird using INDIRECT heating, with the charcoal grouped on the SIDES of the lower rack.

I hope this dissension does not obliterate the elegant holiday spirit of our culinary discussion.
__________________
Samurai Rabbi
samurairabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 15:09   #16373
MinervaDoe
Senior Member
 
MinervaDoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Way out in left field
Posts: 6,874
Blog Entries: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by samurairabbi View Post
Permit me the temerity of perhaps inducing a small measure of discord into this discussion with a comment about Weber grill turkey technique. I prefer to do the bird using INDIRECT heating, with the charcoal grouped on the SIDES of the lower rack.
I'll have to try that next time.

And, by the way, since our next BBQ is going to be a kosher chicken (due to the fact that it is salted) we'll have to dedicate it to you (but we're still going to be the ones that eat it).
__________________
http://www.chronosscifi.com/
MinervaDoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 16:14   #16374
_The_Shadow
Ret. Fireman
 
_The_Shadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Southeast, LoUiSiAna
Posts: 4,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by LASTRESORT20 View Post
Couldn't agree more!
__________________
Southeast, LoUiSiAna
NRA Life Member
BASS Life Member
_The_Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 18:33   #16375
ChuteTheMall
What Difference
 
ChuteTheMall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Sinkholeville
Posts: 57,355


Quote:
Originally Posted by samurairabbi View Post
I prefer to do the bird using INDIRECT heating, with the charcoal grouped on the SIDES of the lower rack.
.
Or, just stuff the charcoal inside the turkey.
__________________
"One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know."
ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
moved to page, retardis revival
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:47.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 709
192 Members
517 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42