Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-17-2012, 09:27   #1
Arc Angel
Deus Vult!

‘A sound heart is the life of the flesh; but envy is rottenness to the bones.’ - Proverbs 14:30

Are you in good health? Are you thriving with robust energy and strength? You, also, have a physical and a spiritual side to your life as well. You could have a strong physical heart, but rot to death from envious emotions within your spirit. King Solomon’s admonition was written to protect you from the horrible consequences of envy in your life. Will you let the, ‘King of Wisdom’ examine your spiritual heart-condition, today? Will you!

Envy is a deadly spiritual poison. It will destroy your soul, body, and life; and, if it persists, it will take you, ‘to Hell for eternity’. Before you allow such ungodly emotions to throw you into a biblical, ‘Lake of Fire’, take conscious steps to save your spiritual health, your sanity, and even your physical life. If you do not then, like a creeping poison, envy will: pervert your thinking, torture your mind, ruin your health, consume your body, wreck your reputation, and finally destroy your life. Clever Christians and Jews hate envy!

A spiritually mature person does not, ever, entertain or trifle with envy. Why? Because he knows how dangerous envy is, and how much damage it can do to his soul. Reject any idea that you can, somehow, afford to dabble with envy and remain healthy at the same time. You cannot! God, through His servant King Solomon, has warned you to stay away from such a hurtful and powerful negative emotion.

Psychosomatic illnesses - those bodily ailments caused by emotional issues - have been very slowly formally identified by modern science; but, by inspiration of the Holy Spirit, Solomon knew about psychosomatic illnesses more than 3000 years ago! These illnesses start out as spiritual maladies and, then, morph themselves into unpleasant: mental, emotional, and psychological disturbances. Of course, an enlightened Christian or Jew can easily improve the medical definition of, ‘psychosomatic illness’. A more correct definition would be, ‘SIN’. It is sin that gives ethereal birth to spiritual, ‘problems of the heart’; and it is sin that ultimately manifests real world material effects to destroy BOTH body and soul, together, at the same time.

(Here is an example of high spiritual negativity that begins as, really nothing more than, an induced mental perception; and, once this perception becomes firmly implanted within human intellect, it is able to manifest real world material results - Results that can be, both, observed and measured!)

The above proverb creates a striking contrast between, ‘the life of the flesh’, and a spiritual, ‘rottenness to the bones’. The question arises: Does this proverb deal with only general life success with men, physical health alone, or is there something more involved here? Remember King David’s observation that God’s commandments are exceeding broad (Psalm 119:96). This proverb teaches that there are a variety of consequences to, both, sin and spiritual problems. (One leads to the other!) A loving heart will make you stronger physically and spiritually, and envy will do exactly the opposite!

A strong physical heart is the life of the flesh. A healthy heart pumps a sufficient supply of blood with oxygen and nutrients to every part of the body and efficiently flushes all waste and poisons out of the body, as well. As the Bible states, ‘The life of the flesh is in the blood.’ (Leviticus 17:11) A strong spiritual heart is physically healthful as well; for, by love and mercy toward others a healthy spiritual heart soothes the soul, and reduces various stresses and toxic chemical elements that can harm the body.

Envy and related emotions stress your body by tensing muscles and calling upon the brain to release inappropriate chemicals to be created and released within the body. Your heart rate accelerates, blood pressure climbs, breathing increases, and additional incorrect hormones may also be secreted. Your misguided body may become totally focused on the threat – A threat which only exists inside of your misguided and perverse wicked imagination! Look what a sinful emotion like envy can do to you! It colors your mind in negative shades of emotion and, then, compromises your real world physical health. This constant spiritual resentment, continues to stress both your mind and your body; and, even at night, envy has the power to, ‘harden’ your spirit, and disquiet your sleep.

Let’s consider sin, and the various kinds of death sin causes: Sin brought instant death to Adam and Eve’s affection for God; and the awareness of sin perverted their perfect marriage as well. (Genesis 2:17; 3:7-8) Years later, the consequences of, ‘original sin’ brought physical death to Adam and his wife; and, in accord with God’s wrath, in accord with His perfect will, their mortal souls were cast into Hell. (Genesis 5:5) Are you able to see that the motivation behind Eve’s desire to, ‘eat the apple’ was, ……… ENVY!

If you, too, commit this sin then you will, also, suffer a similar spiritual dissolution, right here, right now, and in this life! According to Almighty God’s perfect will the only hope sinners have to avoid such a dire conclusion to their mortal lives on Earth rests in acceptance of The Lord Jesus Christ’s personal sacrifice for sin - A sacrifice that He made on behalf of all our erring souls. (Revelation 20:11-15)

(The profound spiritual truth is that: ‘Tartarus’ is darkness. Darkness is conscious confusion; and, if none of us had erred then none of us would be here. THIS is the simple truth of the matter!)

Envy is horrible. Wrath is cruel, and anger is outrageous; but who is able to stand before envy?” (Proverbs 27:4). It is jealous resentment of others, which is devilish and hellish. (James 3:14-16). It is pride and selfishness gone to seed. It cannot stand the praise or success of others; it rejoices when others fall; it despises their virtues; it labors day and night to paint others in an evil light. Once you give your heart and mind over to a terrible master like envy, you cannot ever escape its dark adverse effects against your soul - Not even while you attempt to sleep in bed!

The Book of Proverbs use many metaphors and figures of speech with which to describe the human intellect and condition. This is, ‘Why’ Sacred Scripture calls Solomon’s wisdom, ‘dark sayings’. (Proverbs 1:6; John 16:25) King Solomon, also, used body parts to represent other things such as the lips and tongue for speech; (Proverbs 12:19) and the belly for, both, soul and life. (Proverbs 20:27,30) Solomon’s wisdom makes it clear that, ‘rottenness of bones’ is a simile for grief and pain; AND this wise and great king was able to do all this without any direct or literal application to modern medical identifications of either leukemia, or other bone and marrow diseases. (Proverbs 12:4).

Proverbs 14:30 teaches several levels of trouble that are brought about by various sins and, in particular, envy. First, envy will ruin your overall success as a godly and wise man. This is the primary reason to keep your heart with all due diligence. (Proverbs 4:23) Second, envy will eat away at your physical health like a, ‘rat gnawing cheese! Third, there is also Almighty God’s irrevocable promise to ruin your health for sinful living. (Exodus 15:26; Deuteronomy 28:27,35)

Sins of the heart affect the soul. Sins of the soul affect the mind; and, sins of the mind affect the body. Today these powerful ailments are called, ‘psychosomatic illnesses’. In the Holy Bible Amnon, David’s son, lusted so greatly after his half-sister Tamar that his lust made him physically ill. (II Samuel 13:2) Craving what God had forbidden him to possess made him sick; and his sickness and obsession led Amnon into sin - A sin of rape followed by disgust at what he had done; and ultimately Amnon’s sin cost him, both, his life AND his soul. If, however, Amnon had feared God, respected His will, and rejected evil, then, it would have been as, ‘health to his navel and marrow to his bones’. (Proverbs 3:7-8)

An excellent book on the details of psychosomatic illnesses caused by sin is, ‘None Of These Diseases’ by Drs. S. I. McMillen and David E. Stern. These doctors explain in easy-to-read chapters the ravaging physical effects of a sinful lifestyle. It is confirming to our faith that what the Creator has inspired and gifted men with in the Holy Bible is often far superior to modern medical treatment and pharmaceuticals! I have to wonder how many of those in mental hospitals and institutions are there due to longstanding and deeply rooted illnesses which are actually spiritual in nature? (Which are actually caused by none other than, ……… SIN, ITSELF!)

Consider a merry spirit: Recent studies have shown that people who laugh a lot, and enjoy life live longer than those who are morose and negative. A long time ago King Solomon wrote, ‘A merry heart doeth good like a medicine; but a broken spirit drieth the bones.’ (Proverbs 17:22) He, also, wrote, ‘He that is of a merry heart hath a continual feast.’ (Proverbs 15:15) Vitality comes from your spirit, not just from your diet! It is psychologically and physically IMPOSSIBLE for you to be merry while envying others!

You might be able to hide your envy from other men for awhile; but: backbiting, grudges, hatred, reviling, obfuscating, slander, or whispering will soon expose it. (Does any of this sound familiar to some of you guys?) Envy may indirectly consume your health through a stress-filled and angry heart; or it may straightforwardly ruin your body by direct physical judgment from God. What would a wise man do? Exchange your envy for love! (Proverbs 15:17) Consider Joshua’s envy in contrast to Moses’ humility and godliness. (Numbers 11:24-30) Which of these two men are you most like?

Every devout man who is anxious to please God must constantly examine himself to make certain that he is free of corrupting sins like envy - That horrible cause of problems in, both, body and soul. Many people examine their bodies for: lumps, blood pressure, cholesterol readings, or other symptoms of deadly diseases. Why not, then, also examine yourself for any imperfections of your soul? Are soulful anomalies not more dangerous, more disastrous, to your overall health than any physical problem ever could be!

What should you do whenever you discover that sin has taken root inside your intellectual being? Simple! Repent of your sins and petition The Christ for forgiveness. The innocent sacrificial blood of The Lord Jesus is available to all men for the forgiveness of their sins. (Proverbs 28:13; Job 33:27-28; & I John 1:9)

You have been warned!

EXTRAPOLATED FROM: Proverb For The Day | Wednesday, November 14th, 2012 | www.LetGodBeTrue.com | 212 Standing Springs Road | Simpsonville | SC | 29680

Last edited by Arc Angel; 11-17-2012 at 10:18..
Arc Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:16   #2
Vic Hays

I can remember that before I became a Christian I carried a lot of grudges. That hatred burned inside me and I was unable to get rid of it. As a young man whenever I had my blood pressure taken they would ask if I had just run to get there.

After I was a dedicated Christian for a couple of years I noticed suddenly that those grudges were gone. In fact I found that it was not possible for me to hold a grudge.

Praise God for that!!

Matthew 6:14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.

I found that God forgiving me allowed me to forgive others.

John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Vic Hays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:39   #3
Guss

I give praise to AstraZeneca for my health.
Guss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:26   #4
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member

Let's see...
  • I have a healthy diet
  • I exercise 4-6 times a week
  • I don't envy others
  • I don't hold grudges
  • I'm happy with my life
  • I am able to connect to the pain and suffering of others and see that a tragic loss of life is, well, tragic -- there is no Grand Plan, they are not in a better place
  • I don't wish ill upon anybody because I recognize that this is the only life we get and one day they will leave everybody and everything that they care about behind
  • I don't believe in God
  • I have no emptiness in my life that needs to be filled by a Consoling Proposition
-ArtificialGrape
ArtificialGrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:40   #5
wingryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtificialGrape View Post
Let's see...
  • I have a healthy diet
  • I don't envy others
  • I don't hold grudges
  • I'm happy with my life
  • I am able to connect to the pain and suffering of others and see that a tragic loss of life is, well, tragic -- there is no Grand Plan, they are not in a better place
  • I don't wish ill upon anybody because I recognize that this is the only life we get and one day they will leave everybody and everything that they care about behind
  • I don't believe in God
  • I have no emptiness in my life that needs to be filled by a Consoling Proposition
-ArtificialGrape
+1... er, minus bullet pt #2

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan
wingryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 21:18   #6
Guss

The placebo effect is an established part of science.
Guss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 22:16   #7
Woofie
CLM Number 293
Disirregardless

Send a message via AIM to Woofie
When I see posts that long my eyes just kind of glaze over and I start thinking about pretty women.

"I don't need to figure probabilities, and I don't need facts." JBnTx

"Maybe they should drink like Woofie and come up with pure brilliance." OXCOPS

"Woofie is the only smart one around here." Photoman642
Woofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 20:50   #8
omega48038

Quote:
Let's see...
  • I have a healthy diet
  • I don't envy others
  • I don't hold grudges
  • I'm happy with my life
  • I don't believe in God
-ArtificialGrape
◇ And you know how to properly use a comma and semicolon.

Damn, that original rant was one agonizing read. Sorry, but trying to come across as intellectual with punctuation that bad is a lost cause.

Last edited by omega48038; 11-24-2012 at 21:02..
omega48038 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 21:29   #9
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega48038 View Post
◇ And you know how to properly use a comma and semicolon.

Damn, that original rant was one agonizing read. Sorry, but trying to come across as intellectual with punctuation that bad is a lost cause.
Ouch, where's the burn cream?

So one bullet in particular could have been better punctuated. Do you have anything of value to contribute to the forum?

-ArtificialGrape
ArtificialGrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 22:49   #10
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun

Quote:

So one bullet in particular could have been better punctuated. Do you have anything of value to contribute to the forum?

-ArtificialGrape
I don't think he was taking a shot at you, but was pointing out the almost unreadable quality of the OP due to the lack of punctuation.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:44   #11
clarkz71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woofie View Post
When I see posts that long my eyes just kind of glaze over and I start thinking about pretty women.
I think about the back button

Quote:

-ArtificialGrape
Not according to his post history, that's how I stumbled
on this dribble
G23 gen3 .40/.357 Sig
Florida Glocker #1923

Last edited by clarkz71; 12-04-2012 at 10:45..
clarkz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 20:36   #12
brtarr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woofie View Post
Me too, me too!!
brtarr is offline   Reply With Quote