SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-11-2012, 20:08   #261
JrFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Tiger View Post
Just so long as I have the right to fire someone for coming to work under the influence of it, and if you drive under the influence of it you can go to jail.
+1. Use it at home, fine. Use it while at work or driving... jail time. It's their life... if they want to be lazy losers and smoke pot all day long... let them.
JrFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 20:12   #262
Atlas
transmogrifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrFreak View Post
+1. Use it at home, fine. Use it while at work or driving... jail time. ....
"At work"... Jail time if someone uses MJ "at work"??
What if their employer is OK with it?

From where do you get the authority to decide what should be the contract between someone who uses MJ and their employer?

Uncontrolled, unaccountable government spending + Graduated income-tax = SLAVERY
Atlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 20:12   #263
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcc12 View Post
You are very correct and the analogy is spot on. The 18th amendment to the Constitution of the United States was passed in 1917 it was an abject failure. Repealed by the 21st amendment in 1933. Much like that time there were many people who were against alcohol consumption as there are today, same could be said for guns lots of folk out there wanting to take away that right. I neither drink alcohol or smoke intoxicants, and don't want to share the road with those that do. But I see it as being the same argument. We jail and fine too many people who are just not a threat to society in the big picture to not legalize it, tax it and see the revenue potential.
Prohibition was passed in a flurry of early 20th century progressive amendments. Prohibition is a Progressive concept.

Marijuana prohibitionists are Progressives. To grant the fed authority to prohibit marijuana one must subscribe to a liberal progressive reading of the Constitution, specifically the commerce clause.

In other words, these folks think they're good conservatives but they bastardize the constitution by allowing the fed to seize power. They're liberals and they don't even realize it.

Reminds me of this Dave Chapelle skit: Clayton Bigsby, the blind black white supremacist

Rush Limbaugh
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 20:13   #264
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrFreak View Post
+1. Use it at home, fine. Use it while at work or driving... jail time. It's their life... if they want to be lazy losers and smoke pot all day long... let them.
What if I work at a head shop?

Rush Limbaugh
Old 11-11-2012, 20:14   #265
Atlas
transmogrifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
In other words, these folks think they're good conservatives but they bastardize the constitution by allowing the fed to seize power. They're liberals and they don't even realize it.

The TRUTH!!!

Uncontrolled, unaccountable government spending + Graduated income-tax = SLAVERY

Last edited by Atlas; 11-11-2012 at 20:16..
Old 11-11-2012, 20:16   #266
Atlas
transmogrifier

CF, you have an eye for classic sig-lines.

Old 11-11-2012, 20:20   #267
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
CF, you have an eye for classic sig-lines.
irrisputably

Rush Limbaugh
Old 11-11-2012, 22:58   #268
Dubble-Tapper

wow....
Dubble-Tapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:47   #269
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

It is clear that opinions on marijuana legalization flucktuate.

Rush Limbaugh
Old 11-12-2012, 11:49   #270
Atlas
transmogrifier

Quote:
It is clear that opinions on marijuana legalization flucktuate.
We're waiting for an influcks of new data.

Old 11-12-2012, 11:52   #271
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
We're waiting for an influcks of new data.
I hear marijuana use is bad for your refleckes

Rush Limbaugh
Old 11-12-2012, 11:54   #272
Atlas
transmogrifier

Quote:
I hear marijuana use is bad for your refleckes
.. causes wild influckuation of the pulse and breathing.

Old 11-12-2012, 11:55   #273
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
.. causes wild influckuation of the pulse and breathing.
GT discussions always manage to get to the crucks of the matter.

Rush Limbaugh
Old 11-12-2012, 14:50   #274
omega48038

Had a druggie move into my neighborhood once, but he didn't cause any problems. Guess it's a numbers thing, not really an influcks... more of an influck.
omega48038 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 15:17   #275
snerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega48038 View Post
Had a druggie move into my neighborhood once, but he didn't cause any problems. Guess it's a numbers thing, not really an influcks... more of an influck.
Obliviously.
snerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 20:14   #276
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverMore1701 View Post
It is irrisputable to think that an influcks of weed would be anything but discusting. Anyone who says otherwise is ubsurd.
For all intensive purposes, yeah.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
G29Reload is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 21:14   #277
dcc12

Quote:
Prohibition was passed in a flurry of early 20th century progressive amendments. Prohibition is a Progressive concept.

Marijuana prohibitionists are Progressives. To grant the fed authority to prohibit marijuana one must subscribe to a liberal progressive reading of the Constitution, specifically the commerce clause.

Reminds me of this Dave Chapelle skit: Clayton Bigsby, the blind black white supremacist
And when you have a government that goes against the expressed wishes of the people. ie The people of the state voted for the legalization of marijuana use, or the expressed definition of a marriage is overturned by a government that is the true definition of tyranny
dcc12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 22:07   #278
nursetim

Au contrare mon frair certified, prohibition is the antithesis of progressionism (new word?) now the democrats enacted the 1922 Harrison narcotics act as part of a racist platform, but I would not consider it progressive.

I am on the record as being in favor of the legalization of all drugs except 2, romazicon and narcan. If you OD and are not 6 yrs old or under or visually impaired, I mean accidental OD, then Darwin wins.

But to ascribe prohibition to liberal progressivism, well let's just say I am highly skeptical.
nursetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 22:36   #279
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursetim View Post
Au contrare mon frair certified, prohibition is the antithesis of progressionism (new word?) now the democrats enacted the 1922 Harrison narcotics act as part of a racist platform, but I would not consider it progressive.

I am on the record as being in favor of the legalization of all drugs except 2, romazicon and narcan. If you OD and are not 6 yrs old or under or visually impaired, I mean accidental OD, then Darwin wins.

But to ascribe prohibition to liberal progressivism, well let's just say I am highly skeptical.
Progressives want to control behavior. The nation was founded upon principles including individual liberty. The conservative view is classic liberalism. Make sense now?

Sceding (sp?) power to the federal government is a progressive principle. Tolerating the federal government seizing power unconstitutionally is a progressive principle. The bastardization of the commerce clause is a progressive principle.

A whole flurry of progressive activity took place in the early 20th century including the Harrison narcotics act and the 16th, 17th, 18th and 19th amendments.

You need to remember who the early progressives were and what they believed.

Rush Limbaugh

Last edited by certifiedfunds; 11-26-2012 at 22:39..
Old 11-26-2012, 23:49   #280
nursetim

Liberals and conservatives want to control behavior. I associate liberals with a relaxed view on drugs, but HWSNBN shot that in the butt when he said no legalization of MJ.

Prohibition was a result of puritanical women tired of catching a beating Friday and Saturday nights, in broad strokes, no pun intended.
nursetim is offline   Reply With Quote