Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-27-2012, 08:28   #101
Kilrain
Señor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
Based on this post, according to most of GNG...you hate all of your pets and shouldn't even be allowed to own them.

Way to fail at reading comprehension regarding what most people are saying about attempting to rescue a pet. But as long as it suits your argument, carry on......

- Sterling Archer
Kilrain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:41   #102
Rotn1

I know my dog would do everything within her ability to save / defend my life. She would sacrifice herself if required.
I would hope I show the same courage and loyalty for her, if it came to that.
It would haunt me if I did not at least try.

Everyone is entitled to their own opion and ability to live their own lives, to their own standards.

My life, my standards.
Rotn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:47   #103
Drain You
NRA member

Hey look, I read a news story online. Listen to my opinion.

LISTEN TO IT.
Drain You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:20   #104
Brucev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingarthurhk View Post
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/11/26...g-to-save-dog/

Ironically, the only survivor was the dog. When people overly anthropomorphize animals into pseudo-humans, this sort of thing happens. No dog is worth the death of an entire family.
Bingo! You are 100% precisely right in every respect. The only survivor of this mess was a single daughter. No dog that ever walked the face of the earth is worth the death of anyone period. I would without hesitation allow any animal to die without regard for whose animal it might be rather than see any man or woman much less minors die trying to save that animal.
Brucev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:59   #105
Altaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucev View Post
No dog that ever walked the face of the earth is worth the death of anyone period.
I can think of Many people's lives that I would gladly give up for a dogs life.....like any random jihadist.
Just pick one jihadist at random, and a dog at random....I will pick the dog to live everytime.

Last edited by Altaris; 11-27-2012 at 12:00..
Altaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:24   #106
Goat 36

Quote:
Bingo! You are 100% precisely right in every respect. The only survivor of this mess was a single daughter. No dog that ever walked the face of the earth is worth the death of anyone period. I would without hesitation allow any animal to die without regard for whose animal it might be rather than see any man or woman much less minors die trying to save that animal.
It's already been established that the family died trying to save eachother. It was only the boy who, initially, went in after the dog then again, with mom, went in after the father.

Sad story, but they did NOT all die trying to save the dog.

And, for the record, I think it's clear, and fair to say now, that most on this thread do NOT believe dogs are people.

For the most part, people suck.

-Justified theme song.
Goat 36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:31   #107
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat 36 View Post
It's already been established that the family died trying to save eachother. It was only the boy who, initially, went in after the dog then again, with mom, went in after the father.

And, for the record, I think it's clear, and fair to say now, that most on this thread do NOT believe dogs are people.

Don't confuse them with facts.

Much easier to feel superior and better about yourself if you can claim they were all trying to save the dog.

You see, it isn't just the mainstream media that can distort headlines
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:46   #108
badge315

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
I can think of Many people's lives that I would gladly give up for a dogs life.....like any random jihadist.
Just pick one jihadist at random, and a dog at random....I will pick the dog to live everytime.
Hell, there are people on this thread that I would sacrifice to save a random dog...that bit me.

- The Loc-Nar
badge315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:47   #109
nmk

Quote:
Originally Posted by badge315 View Post
Hell, there are people on this thread that I would sacrifice to save a random dog...that bit me.
Now that's funny!
nmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:51   #110
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOH212 View Post
I feel the same way about my cats. What's weird is a few years ago I wasn't a animal person. I even called someone stupid in a old thread that died in the process of trying to save their dog.

Man how things change. I never had pets when I was a kid so I never understood the bond there was to be had with them. One little kitty came into my life and changed that. Now I can't think of life without them.

I would die saving my cats. People can call me what they will but I don't care. I was that person once and believe me I understand that they aren't able to relate or understand how we feel about it. They give us unconditional love and represent everything that us humans should be but often aren't.

I'm glad for and I'm forever grateful to that sweet little kitty that came into my life and changed me forever. God rest him.
You have waaaay too much going in your favor to end up being the crazy cat lady.........

Sorry for your loss...

Get a dog
Old 11-27-2012, 12:55   #111
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

BTW I see stupid people die in our lake every year by doing things like diving into shallow water, or jumping boat to boat in party cove when they can't swim..This family sure had alot of love for each other so while very sad, it is noble and can show us what unconditional love is, it means giving of yourself for the benefit of others.
Old 11-27-2012, 13:22   #112
Mrs.Cicero
Wayward Member

I'm not going back into a burning house, or out into heavy surf to save my dog. He's a DOG. His life isn't worth my daughters growing up motherless. We'd all be sorry if he didn't make it, but we'd be sorrier if an actual human member of the family died trying to save his sorry butt. And he's not about unconditional love. He's about rolling in feces and killing my chickens. I love my chickens more than I love the dog. But I eat them anyway, and enjoy it.

Besides which, the dog hates the water and never chases anything into it.

"Oh bother," said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Mrs.Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 13:49   #113
Brucev

Quote:
A dog is a animal. A jihadist is an enemy. No dog is worth a persons life. A jihadist is just an enemy. He is worth no ones life at all.
Old 11-27-2012, 13:53   #114
Brucev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat 36 View Post

I did not and have not now read all the many posts to this thread. I read and responded to the following post...

That may be your personal belief, but it isn't mine.

I'd risk my life to save my pets. I don't necessarily feel the same about other humans or even some of my own family members.
Old 11-27-2012, 13:57   #115
Kilrain
Señor Member

Quote:
A dog is a animal. A jihadist is an enemy. No dog is worth a persons life. A jihadist is just an enemy. He is worth no ones life at all.

So......a Jihadist is not a person because he is an enemy? That's your logic?

- Sterling Archer
Kilrain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 14:15   #116
nmk

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Brucev, do you recognize how poor your logic is?
nmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 14:20   #117
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.

Quote:
You do have a way of talking yourself into a corner, don't you?
For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 14:21   #118
frank4570
Feral human

Quote:
There is a long, long, long list of people who deserve to die more than most any dog.
You saying that unrepentant pedophiles are more important that dogs is ridiculous.
I actually don't understand how you think a child murderer is more worth saving than a military combat dog. Maybe you are a little crazy.

For too long people have said "screw NY, IL, etc" or "that'll never happen here." Yes, it will eventually. If we dont start standing up together now, it will never stop.-ilgunguygt
frank4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 14:33   #119
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank4570 View Post
There is a long, long, long list of people who deserve to die more than most any dog.
You saying that unrepentant pedophiles are more important that dogs is ridiculous.
I actually don't understand how you think a child murderer is more worth saving than a military combat dog. Maybe you are a little crazy.
Pay attention bruce. When frank4570 says "Maybe you are a little crazy" you're getting advice from the horse's mouth.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 14:38   #120
Foxterriermom

The Okie Corral

Last edited by Foxterriermom; 11-27-2012 at 14:46..
Foxterriermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 14:51   #121
Wil Ufgood
CLM Number 263
GTDS #88

The Okie Corral
Old 11-27-2012, 15:24   #122
Just_plinking

To the op, it's so nuts that you would make this thread. Whenever I hear the misquote "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." I always think to myself that dog should be there instead of beer. There are things that are put in front of us to teach certain things. I think dogs are there to teach us about love, joy, and forgiveness.

Just the other day I risked getting my arm bitten off because of my dog. Did I know it was perhaps unwise, yes. Would I do it again, anytime.

Last edited by Just_plinking; 11-27-2012 at 15:26..
Just_plinking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 15:32   #123
JW1178

So what makes all human life so valuable? Who said? A cooky religion?
JW1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 16:03   #124
GreenDrake
Rip Lips

Some people have a connection with their dogs, some people shove them out back, treat them as property and complain that they are nothing but problems. I am a dog person, my pooches have all known that, we are family. I can't say that I would sacrifice a family member's safety but if my dog is in trouble, I am there for him, just as he would be for me. Doesn't mean anything other than that, when there's a bond, others sometimes have a tough time relating to the strength of it. My dog would never leave my side, and I will not leave his, should he need me.

Last edited by GreenDrake; 11-27-2012 at 16:03..
GreenDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 16:39   #125
singularity35

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW1178 View Post
Touché.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW1178 View Post
singularity35 is offline   Reply With Quote