Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-27-2012, 09:16   #21
SigFTW

My first and only 1911 is a Kimber Stainless II, 5". It is tight, accurate and eats all loads. It evens runs my bunny fart SWC loads. I'm very happy with this 1911!!

1911 Forums
Old 11-27-2012, 09:56   #22
SpringerTGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinspeed View Post
Simple fact is some people are not smart enough to own a 1911.
Simple fact is some people are too smart to own a Kimber.
SpringerTGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:09   #23
alwaysshootin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringerTGO View Post
Simple fact is some people are too smart to own a Kimber.
All that I can say, from my experience, is, I'm so sorry others haven't had the same experience I've had with Kimbers! I've had seven, and, all have been better than my five Colts. From just about every perspective. As far as quality, fit, and, finish, reliability, and accuracy, can't imagine any mass produced 1911 being better. I've only had the fortune to date to own one Springfield, and have no complaints, but the tolerances, are much looser than Kimbers. Kind of reminds me of my stainless 80 series Colt. Runs perfectly, not a tack driver, but accurate enough, but man does it rattle when shaken.

I've said it before, and it's just my opinion. The Kimber is the best value going on a 1911, and wish, all others, had my experience with them!
Old 11-27-2012, 15:43   #24
vtducrider

I had a gold match in the late 90's. Good enough gun, don't remember ever had problems with it. Probably should have kept it. But it was a time at which I was going through guns. I have had 2 Kimbers in the last 3 years:

Raptor: the trigger pull was variable, between 5.5 pounds to just over 11 pounds. Local gun smith couldn't fix it without a complete overhaul. Decided not to bother with it.

Tactical Entry: Hammer kept dropping on the return cycle of the slide. Gun smith adjusted it, at the expense of the trigger pull. Got it back with a 7 pound trigger, and the problem was still there, just not as frequent. Decided it was enough.

I am sure Kimber makes more good guns than bad. Otherwise they would have gone out a long time ago. But for me, no more Kimbers...
vtducrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 21:11   #25
Rinspeed
JAFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtducrider View Post

Raptor: the trigger pull was variable, between 5.5 pounds to just over 11 pounds. Local gun smith couldn't fix it without a complete overhaul. Decided not to bother with it.

Tactical Entry: Hammer kept dropping on the return cycle of the slide. Gun smith adjusted it, at the expense of the trigger pull. Got it back with a 7 pound trigger, and the problem was still there, just not as frequent. Decided it was enough.

I would find a new gunsmith.

You run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking, racing around to come up behind you again, the sun is the same in a relative way but you’re older, shorter of breath and one day closer to death…
Rinspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 22:44   #26
vtducrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinspeed View Post
I would find a new gunsmith.
Maybe. But I thought we were talking about Kimber. I have never encountered problems like that with any other pistols.

When I was shooting the Raptor, the trigger felt funny. But I had no idea why. The gunsmith measured the trigger pull right in front of me, about a dozen times. Every measurement was different with a wide range. I thought that was pretty nutty.

Last edited by vtducrider; 11-27-2012 at 22:45..
vtducrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:28   #27
BobCZ

My personal reliability experience is:
My TLE > MY Glock 17
tle = mY g19 AND cz75b

tle is the night stand hand gun.
BobCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:37   #28
SpringerTGO

It doesn't seem to matter if it's guns or anything else. Lots of people who have had good luck with a product seem to have some kind of need to discredit people who haven't been so fortunate. It's like you believe that if you tell us how great your Kimbers are, ours never had a problem.
Whether you guys with working Kimbers like it or not, lots of us have had bad experience with the company.
My Kimber Ultra was garbage. Blame it on the short size all you want, but if Kimber can't make it reliable, they shouldn't sell it. Their service was slow, and they didn't fix the problems. The fact they make you waste 500 rounds of ammunition before they even begin to talk to you is wrong.

Go ahead and hate me for posting the truth about my experience.
SpringerTGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 19:36   #29
Wyoming

Send a message via Yahoo to Wyoming
Quote:
It doesn't seem to matter if it's guns or anything else. Lots of people who have had good luck with a product seem to have some kind of need to discredit people who haven't been so fortunate. It's like you believe that if you tell us how great your Kimbers are, ours never had a problem.
Whether you guys with working Kimbers like it or not, lots of us have had bad experience with the company.
My Kimber Ultra was garbage. Blame it on the short size all you want, but if Kimber can't make it reliable, they shouldn't sell it. Their service was slow, and they didn't fix the problems. The fact they make you waste 500 rounds of ammunition before they even begin to talk to you is wrong.

I don't need to discredit someone to feel better. I have owned several hundred firearms in my life time. I have had or knew someone that brought me their gun because of minor troubles that for me were easy to fix.

I have told people when they explain a problem that they should call the manufacture and make arrangement to have them repair the gun. Most of todays gun manufactures go out of their way to fix their products. My experiences also includes other gun related manufactures such as scopes.

I always said that if the U.S. automobile industry treated it customers as well as the gun industry treats its customers there would no foreign cars in the U.S.

Why take a Kimber to a gunsmith when you can send it to Kimber? At least call them first.

If you were to take a pole of experienced 1911 owners most would not be impressed with the quality of the work of the mentioned gunsmith.

It just doesn't add up.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:24   #30
jwreck

Quote:

How is it discrediting someone to say you've had a different experience? Are you trying to discredit everyone who say's they've had a positive experience with Kimber?
jwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:37   #31
klmmicro

Send a message via Yahoo to klmmicro

Quote:
I don't know about "Kimber hate". It is kind of funny that when someone gets one that works it's worth starting a thread over.
Same as people posting their good experiences with Springfield, Colt and such I guess. Just wanted to post what I have...

Why is it bad to post something positive?

*10 Ring, MBR and Reloading Clubs: #436*
klmmicro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 17:27   #32
HollywoodG23

I bought my new kimber custom II brand new in the box for 699 a few months ago...Added factory kimber tactical grips and nighties and love it!!! I have only run through 200 rounds...But that was without one hiccup!!!
HollywoodG23 is offline   Reply With Quote