GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2012, 09:30   #21
Brasso
Senior Member
 
Brasso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Stranger in a strange land.
Posts: 8,679
The Hebrew name of Genesis is Beres-hit, which means "In the beginning". (I had to put a dash in the name because this ridiculous forum software thinks Im trying to type sh-it)

What most people probably don't realize, is that Israel is technically at war with several Arab countries. They are only in a cease fire. This is based in large part on the Oslo Accords, which "Palestine" just voided at the U.N. by getting statehood. According to the Accords, Israel is now free to officially annex all of Gaze, Judea, and Samaria. They will cut off all water, electicity, food, and aid to "Palestine".

I put "Palestine" in quotations because no such people actually exist and no such country has ever existed. They people were bussed in from other Arab countries during the British Mandate. Then attacked Israel whom the U.N. declared a nation in 1948. They attacked them several times. Lost every time. Lost land every time. And now they whine like girls and blow up innocent civilians, because they lost. And the world loves them. Because the world is mostly anti-semetic and doesn't like the idea of a God in heaven.
__________________
Yeshayahu 9:7 Of the increase of His rule and peace there is no end, upon the throne of David and over His reign, to establish it and sustain it with justice and with righteousness from now on, even forever. The ardour of יהוה of hosts does this.

Last edited by Brasso; 11-30-2012 at 09:35..
Brasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:44   #22
bobtheelf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Nashville
Posts: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by neon View Post
If there has been an infinite number of events already, why do we find ourselves living NOW?
Because if we were living any other time, we'd find ourselves living THEN. Except, we'd think that THEN was NOW. Either way, you'd find yourself exactly where you are.
bobtheelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:45   #23
neon
Senior Member
 
neon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: ohio
Posts: 5,815
Glock36shooter

Yes and ancient peoples also believed that Perseus was the son of Zeus and Danaeon and went on a quest to bring back the head of the Gorgon Medusa. They're just stories. There isn't a single shred of evidence that what the bible says happened in Eden actually happened. No more than Perseus slaying Medusa anyway. So are we to assume that that story is just as true? If not why? Why are tales of your God more viable than the tales of other Gods?

Answer:Molly:
The very first verse in the Bible declares: "In the beginning God... There is no attempt in these words to prove the existence of God or imply in any way that God had a beginning. In fact, the Bible makes it clear in many places that God is outside time. He is eternal, with no beginning or end. He also knows all things, being infinitely intelligent.

Glock36shooter
We don't. We know man has existed FAR longer. You just aren't opening your eyes to the truth. You rather believe archaic stories written by bronze age desert scribes. Men who knew nothing of the natural world.

Answer:Molly:
I just don't believe there is any way to know for a fact how old these things are. All these old things do is show evidence of design. Just as God designed humans, humans designed tools thousands of years ago. If it were billions of years ago why does man just appear only thousands of years ago. How in the world could you believe these things just appeared???

Glock36shooter
Why do we have to assume that we're the first activity in as far as life is concerned. There may have been other worlds with beings and civilizations millions of years before us. We may find one day that our solar system formed from the remains of a previous solar system that existed eons ago and was destroyed by super nova. It's arrogant to think the universe revolves around us.

Answer:Molly:
The earth possesses a large number of astronomical and physical peculiarities which make life on earth possible. Such as:
The correct distance between earth and sun.
The elliptical orbit of the earth around the sun with its small eccentricity.
The constant energy output of the sun.
The correct rate of rotation of the earth.
The optimum tilt angle between the axis of the earth and the ecliptic.
The correct size and mass of the earth.
The correct quantity of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere of the earth.
The correct quantity of oxygen in the atmosphere of the earth.
The correct distance of the moon from the earth.

Glock36shooter
There are working theories about this. I am the wrong one to try and explain them as I am not a scientist. But we've figured these things out to a point where we better understand the beginnings of the universe now.

Answer:Molly:
That's OK just make up a theory and we'll work from there.

Glock36shooter
And that's your right to believe whatever stories you choose. You can believe in the Easter Bunny if you want. But what is reality and what you believe are two very different things. You are living within a delusion. And that's ok... I just hope you aren't brainwashing any children to live within your delusion with you.

Answer:Molly:
Do you think you haven 't been brainwashed???


Molly


+++
Psalm 23:3
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
neon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:55   #24
neon
Senior Member
 
neon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: ohio
Posts: 5,815
Brasso

Your post is so true.



Molly


+++
Psalm 25:22
Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles.
neon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:58   #25
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by neon View Post
The very first verse in the Bible declares: "In the beginning God... There is no attempt in these words to prove the existence of God or imply in any way that God had a beginning. In fact, the Bible makes it clear in many places that God is outside time. He is eternal, with no beginning or end. He also knows all things, being infinitely intelligent.
That isn't an answer. You're only still quoting from ancient fictional stories written by self-appointed Prophets who's only credential to be a "Scholar" was that they could read and write... something we teach our children to do. I can quote some cat in the hat passages as well. Doesn't make them the key to our existence any more than your stories are.

Quote:
I just don't believe there is any way to know for a fact how old these things are.
Doesn't matter what you believe. That's the beautiful thing about accurate measurements. Regardless of if you believe them are not... they're still accurate. The same is not true for you bible stories. You can believe in them as hard as you like... doesn't make them any less fictional. From your writing I am guessing you are a part of an older generation. When people were afraid to question religion and the thought of it not being true was terrifying. So I understand why you cling to it so strongly... especially if you're nearing the end of your time here. So I get it... still doesn't make it true.

Quote:
All these old things do is show evidence of design. Just as God designed humans, humans designed tools thousands of years ago.
No, man evolved from and earlier creature like all other living things on this planet. There is no design. In fact our bodies are riddled with irregularities and flaws that would suggest if we were designed... our designer was a fool. Man slowly learned to create tools to better survive. That was our weapon against natural selection. We were surrounded by creatures with daggers growing out of their paws and mouths... it was our ability to think and our tendency toward community that was our strength. But we had to fight for the right to be here just like every other creature.

Quote:
If it were billions of years ago why does man just appear only thousands of years ago.
Again, he doesn't. You simply choose to be willfully ignorant of evidence to the contrary. Do you think if you stop believing in gravity tomorrow it will go away? No. Gravity doesn't require your belief to be. And neither does the evidence that we've been here for millions of years.

Here is one of your buddies illustrating that a young earth is simply a religious error in thinking...


Also notice the woman who wrote it. She talks about her "Biggest Fear" and "Being Afraid". This is the thing that motivates the religious... Fear.

Quote:
How in the world could you believe these things just appeared???
That is what you believe. That God snapped his fingers and POOF man existed. I believe no such thing. I know man is a part of a very slow process of Evolution, Adaptation, And Natural Selection.

Quote:
The earth possesses a large number of astronomical and physical peculiarities which make life on earth possible.
Agreed. But this isn't evidence of design. It's just evidence that Earth had the right conditions for life. If it didn't... we wouldn't be here to wonder about it. It's almost a mathematical certainty that there are other planets in the universe with the right conditions for life. It's just a crap shoot.

Quote:
That's OK just make up a theory and we'll work from there.
There's no need to make one up. There are already established Theories with far more evidence to back them than your bible.

Quote:
Do you think you haven 't been brainwashed???
I was for a time. I was sent to bible camp as a child, sent to vacation bible school, sunday school, and religious youth retreats. All practicing very powerful indoctrination and brainwashing of children. But I freed myself from the brainwashing and woke up to reality.
__________________
Pascal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Theory:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Grace:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Big Bang:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by Glock36shooter; 11-30-2012 at 11:22..
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:30   #26
G23Gen4TX
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Hays View Post
I am not a linguist, but I will attempt to explain my understanding of the Greek. As you will note according to Glock 36 shooters post you will notice the word has more than one meaning.

You will notice the word is used for race or descent. This is the usage I was referring to.

An example of a Bible usage of this word referring to Jesus is
"mono genes". According to the Bible this is translated "only begotten". We recognize mono as referring to one. Since the Bible refers to the Son as pre existent and eternal, He had no beginning. Genes in this sense is referring His family relationship to the Father. Mono genes in this usage is translated as "unique" or one of a kind.

Look up the origin for the word genus. Same Greek origin.
The problem with your explanation is that The book of Genesis was written in Hebrew. Whatever meaning anyone gave it in Greek or Klingon later on means absolutely nothing.

Ofcourse I know what it means in Hebrew as it is my native language and it does mean "In the beginning" which is the bible's way of starting a "Once upon a time..." story.

Whatever reference to Jesus you want to make up for that name is not what the original author had in mind.

Not that I buy any of that anyways but just to show how religious BS just contradicts other religious BS.
G23Gen4TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 13:23   #27
Vic Hays
Senior Member
 
Vic Hays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: My home is in heaven
Posts: 11,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by G23Gen4TX View Post
The problem with your explanation is that The book of Genesis was written in Hebrew. Whatever meaning anyone gave it in Greek or Klingon later on means absolutely nothing.

Ofcourse I know what it means in Hebrew as it is my native language and it does mean "In the beginning" which is the bible's way of starting a "Once upon a time..." story.

Whatever reference to Jesus you want to make up for that name is not what the original author had in mind.

Not that I buy any of that anyways but just to show how religious BS just contradicts other religious BS.
I sure am glad that some linguistic scholars translated the scriptures so I don't have to try to read them in Hebrew.
__________________
Vic Hays

John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Last edited by Vic Hays; 11-30-2012 at 13:23..
Vic Hays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 14:32   #28
Brasso
Senior Member
 
Brasso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Stranger in a strange land.
Posts: 8,679
Actually, there's about 10 times more information in each sentence in the Hebrew than the English. So not just a little, but monumentous amounts, of meaning are lost in the translation.

If you could read Hebrew you probably wouldn't think the only commandments you're supposed to keep are 10.
__________________
Yeshayahu 9:7 Of the increase of His rule and peace there is no end, upon the throne of David and over His reign, to establish it and sustain it with justice and with righteousness from now on, even forever. The ardour of יהוה of hosts does this.
Brasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 17:13   #29
neon
Senior Member
 
neon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: ohio
Posts: 5,815
Glock36shooter
Doesn't matter what you believe. That's the beautiful thing about accurate measurements. Regardless of if you believe them are not... they're still accurate. The same is not true for you bible stories. You can believe in them as hard as you like... doesn't make them any less fictional. From your writing I am guessing you are a part of an older generation. When people were afraid to question religion and the thought of it not being true was terrifying. So I understand why you cling to it so strongly... especially if you're nearing the end of your time here. So I get it... still doesn't make it true.

Answer:Molly
What accurate measurements are you talking about?

Glock36shooter
No, man evolved from and earlier creature like all other living things on this planet

Question:Molly
what creature might that be?

Glock36shooter
Here is one of your buddies illustrating that a young earth is simply a religious error in thinking...

Answer:Molly
He is not my buddy and I don't watch his program and don't believe the way he believes. I believe the Bible is the True Word.

Glock36shooter
That is what you believe. That God snapped his fingers and POOF man existed. I believe no such thing. I know man is a part of a very slow process of Evolution, Adaptation, And Natural Selection.

Answer:Molly:
But you won't be able to tell what creature started it all.
You cannot tell me what kinds involved into other kinds.
Such as dogs, cats, people and apes. Which came first the ape or the man.

Glock36shooter
Agreed. But this isn't evidence of design. It's just evidence that Earth had the right conditions for life. If it didn't... we wouldn't be here to wonder about it. It's almost a mathematical certainty that there are other planets in the universe with the right conditions for life. It's just a crap shoot.

Answer:Molly
OHHHHH, so the earth was formed by a crap shoot, or it just appeared out of nowhere???

Glock36shooter
There's no need to make one up. There are already established Theories with far more evidence to back them than your bible.

Answer:Molly
Oh, so you think a theory is fact? But, you do have to admit that when people talk of theories they always say could have been. They don't think it is fact, it's just man's explanation of what could have been.

Glock36shooter
I was for a time. I was sent to bible camp as a child, sent to vacation bible school, Sunday school, and religious youth retreats. All practicing very powerful indoctrination and brainwashing of children. But I freed myself from the brainwashing and woke up to reality.

Answer Molly:
Oh, Boo Hoo it's the old I had to go to Sunday school trick. I was referring to you being brainwashed in secular school where they are not allowed to teach any truth.



Molly


+++
Isaiah 9:2
The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light: they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them hath the light shined.
neon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 23:53   #30
G23Gen4TX
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Hays View Post
I sure am glad that some linguistic scholars translated the scriptures so I don't have to try to read them in Hebrew.
Translated, changed and added stuff. All in the name of controlling your money and mind.
G23Gen4TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:40   #31
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by neon View Post
What accurate measurements are you talking about?
Radio Carbon Dating and Geological aging for starters. But there are tons more.

Quote:
what creature might that be?
Man evolved from an ape like creature. We have too much in common with apes to ignore. Now these earlier pre-human creatures have names but someone better versed in Evolution than I would be able to instruct you in this regard.

Quote:
He is not my buddy and I don't watch his program and don't believe the way he believes. I believe the Bible is the True Word.
Really? So you honestly believe that the Earth was formed in a populated in 6 days? My dear you're simply poorly educated and you think like someone from the dark ages.

Quote:
But you won't be able to tell what creature started it all.
You cannot tell me what kinds involved into other kinds.
Such as dogs, cats, people and apes. Which came first the ape or the man.
It began with RNA forming on its very own in a chemical reaction. You have to try and wrap your mind about how long this process took. we're not talking about thousands... or even millions or even hundreds of millions. We're talking about billions of years. Think about how long you believe man has been around... 10,000 year right? There were longer spans of time on this planet when there wasn't a single living thing whatsoever. Earth was just a quiet lifeless rock. The place where you're sitting right now was a lifeless slab for eons.

Quote:
OHHHHH, so the earth was formed by a crap shoot, or it just appeared out of nowhere???
No... that it has the right conditions for life is a crap shoot. Earth formed as all planets do... debris collecting and forming into larger pieces of debris. Look at craters created my meteorite strikes. These pieces of debris become a part of us. Imagine that happening over billions and billions of years. There are even left over solar system parts floating around out there that never joined with anything. Did God have extra parts? He didn't know how much he'd need to construct the solar system? You are thinking in reverse "We are here... so it must be providence." ... no... we're here because the condition just happen to be right. Otherwise we wouldn't be.

Quote:
Oh, so you think a theory is fact? But, you do have to admit that when people talk of theories they always say could have been. They don't think it is fact, it's just man's explanation of what could have been.
I think you do not understand just how much evidence it takes to support a theory.

Quote:
Oh, Boo Hoo it's the old I had to go to Sunday school trick.
Yes, I did. And it's nothing more than indoctrination and brainwashing made to take advantage of children. We'd learn a little about the bible (but just the sweet happy parts... we never learned how Lot threw his little girls to be raped to death by an angry mob) and then we'd get some candy. We'd learn how you could only go to heaven through Jesus, then we'd get a soda. They'd feed us their propaganda and then let us play a game. They were brainwashing us with positive reinforcement. We'd recite whatever they wanted us to so we could go play on the jungle gym. It's a very powerful but non-violent form of child abuse.

Quote:
I was referring to you being brainwashed in secular school where they are not allowed to teach any truth.
If you mean religious nonsense when you say truth... Yes and no. I grew up in a redneck and uneducated area. We had prayer in school even though it's against the law. Our science teachers didn't really teach us about evolution. We learned basic biology and chemistry and anatomy. When I graduated high school I was very poorly educated and a very strong Christian. As I went through higher education and began to become better educated... my belief in magic and wizardry began to fade away. I understand your hatred for education. When people actually know how the world works and the forces that truly give rise to life... archaic bronze age mythologies simply no longer have a place.
__________________
Pascal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Theory:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Grace:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Big Bang:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by Glock36shooter; 12-01-2012 at 02:41..
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:15   #32
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun
 
Animal Mother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 15,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by neon View Post
Glock36shooter
Doesn't matter what you believe. That's the beautiful thing about accurate measurements. Regardless of if you believe them are not... they're still accurate. The same is not true for you bible stories. You can believe in them as hard as you like... doesn't make them any less fictional. From your writing I am guessing you are a part of an older generation. When people were afraid to question religion and the thought of it not being true was terrifying. So I understand why you cling to it so strongly... especially if you're nearing the end of your time here. So I get it... still doesn't make it true.

Answer:Molly
What accurate measurements are you talking about?

Glock36shooter
No, man evolved from and earlier creature like all other living things on this planet

Question:Molly
what creature might that be?

Glock36shooter
Here is one of your buddies illustrating that a young earth is simply a religious error in thinking...

Answer:Molly
He is not my buddy and I don't watch his program and don't believe the way he believes. I believe the Bible is the True Word.

Glock36shooter
That is what you believe. That God snapped his fingers and POOF man existed. I believe no such thing. I know man is a part of a very slow process of Evolution, Adaptation, And Natural Selection.

Answer:Molly:
But you won't be able to tell what creature started it all.
You cannot tell me what kinds involved into other kinds.
Such as dogs, cats, people and apes. Which came first the ape or the man.

Glock36shooter
Agreed. But this isn't evidence of design. It's just evidence that Earth had the right conditions for life. If it didn't... we wouldn't be here to wonder about it. It's almost a mathematical certainty that there are other planets in the universe with the right conditions for life. It's just a crap shoot.

Answer:Molly
OHHHHH, so the earth was formed by a crap shoot, or it just appeared out of nowhere???

Glock36shooter
There's no need to make one up. There are already established Theories with far more evidence to back them than your bible.

Answer:Molly
Oh, so you think a theory is fact? But, you do have to admit that when people talk of theories they always say could have been. They don't think it is fact, it's just man's explanation of what could have been.

Glock36shooter
I was for a time. I was sent to bible camp as a child, sent to vacation bible school, Sunday school, and religious youth retreats. All practicing very powerful indoctrination and brainwashing of children. But I freed myself from the brainwashing and woke up to reality.

Answer Molly:
Oh, Boo Hoo it's the old I had to go to Sunday school trick. I was referring to you being brainwashed in secular school where they are not allowed to teach any truth.
It's posts like this that make me think Molly is either a very simple ELIZA program or just someone trolling as a stereotypical uneducated creationist. It's almost impossible that anyone could believe and regurgitate all this creationist absurdity at one time.
__________________
"Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair. Or beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you've got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
Animal Mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:49   #33
Brasso
Senior Member
 
Brasso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Stranger in a strange land.
Posts: 8,679
Quote:
It began with RNA forming on its very own in a chemical reaction. You have to try and wrap your mind about how long this process took. we're not talking about thousands... or even millions or even hundreds of millions. We're talking about billions of years.
And of course this single miracle of RNA survived and created all of us. And you think I'm foolish. LOL
__________________
Yeshayahu 9:7 Of the increase of His rule and peace there is no end, upon the throne of David and over His reign, to establish it and sustain it with justice and with righteousness from now on, even forever. The ardour of יהוה of hosts does this.
Brasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:56   #34
neon
Senior Member
 
neon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: ohio
Posts: 5,815
Animal Mother

It's posts like this that make me think Molly is either a very simple ELIZA program or just someone trolling as a stereotypical uneducated creationist. It's almost impossible that anyone could believe and regurgitate all this creationist absurdity at one time.

Answer:Molly
When you can't beat them you insult them.


Molly


+++
Matthew 24:3
"Tell us" they said, "when will this happen, and what will be the sign of you coming and of the end of the age?"
neon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 13:34   #35
neon
Senior Member
 
neon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: ohio
Posts: 5,815
Glock36shooter
Radio Carbon Dating and Geological aging for starters. But there are tons more.

Answer:Molly:
It has been proven that this method does not work. Diamonds and coal, which the evolutionists say are millions of years old, were dated by carbon-14 to be only thousands of years old. So this method is not reliable.

Glock36shooter
Man evolved from an ape like creature. We have too much in common with apes to ignore. Now these earlier pre-human creatures have names but someone better versed in Evolution than I would be able to instruct you in this regard.

Answer:Molly:
Do you think God is an Ape like creature? I knew you wouldn't' have an answer.

Glock36shooter
Really? So you honestly believe that the Earth was formed in a populated in 6 days? My dear you're simply poorly educated and you think like someone from the dark ages.

Answer:Molly:
That's what the Bible tells me. What makes you think you are so intelligent???

Glock36shooter
It began with RNA forming on its very own in a chemical reaction. You have to try and wrap your mind about how long this process took. we're not talking about thousands... or even millions or even hundreds of millions. We're talking about billions of years. Think about how long you believe man has been around... 10,000 year right? There were longer spans of time on this planet when there wasn't a single living thing whatsoever. Earth was just a quiet lifeless rock. The place where you're sitting right now was a lifeless slab for eons.

Answer:Molly
You mean to tell me you believe everything came about all by itself?

Glock36shooter
No... that it has the right conditions for life is a crap shoot. Earth formed as all planets do... debris collecting and forming into larger pieces of debris. Look at craters created my meteorite strikes. These pieces of debris become a part of us. Imagine that happening over billions and billions of years. There are even left over solar system parts floating around out there that never joined with anything. Did God have extra parts? He didn't know how much he'd need to construct the solar system? You are thinking in reverse "We are here... so it must be providence." ... no... we're here because the condition just happen to be right. Otherwise we wouldn't be.

Answer:Molly
So you have no idea what started all this?
You have no idea how debris started collecting debris?
Now we are made from the earth by debris? Oh, I see
the earth made us. I prefer God.

Glock36shooter
I think you do not understand just how much evidence it takes to support a theory.

Answer:Molly
I think you do not understand a theory is just a guess.

Glock36shooter
I understand your hatred for education.

Answer:Molly:
I don't hate education.


Molly


+++
John 3:6
That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
neon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 13:38   #36
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasso View Post
And of course this single miracle of RNA survived and created all of us. And you think I'm foolish. LOL
RNA is the building block of DNA. And we are very close to recreating the conditions of the pre-life earth and observing RNA forming all on its own in a lab. We all but know for a fact that life can and dose just happen under the right conditions with the right grocery list of elements. So far none of them have been an eternal man with a beard in a robe.

You're free to believe what you like. It's no different than children believing in Santa who are in the presence of adults that know how the presents got under the tree.
__________________
Pascal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Theory:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Grace:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Big Bang:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 14:14   #37
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by neon View Post
It has been proven that this method does not work. Diamonds and coal, which the evolutionists say are millions of years old, were dated by carbon-14 to be only thousands of years old. So this method is not reliable.
You're so wrong on everything else I don't know if this is true or just some anti-evolution lie you've accepted from some Christian propaganda website. But what I can assure you of is that any instance where the findings from RCD have been found to be in error... they weren't relied upon. They findings that are accurate... are relied upon.

Quote:
Do you think God is an Ape like creature?
If he created us in his image then yes... he's an ape like creature... because that's what we evolved from. However I see no evidence in any shape or form that such a being exists. Combine that with the fact that there are MOUNTAINS of evidence that we arose from a process of evolution, adaptation, and natural selection... if there is a being such as God he/she/it/they most certainly didn't not do things as it says in the bible. To think so is the thought process of a child.


Quote:
That's what the Bible tells me. What makes you think you are so intelligent???
Me? Well I like to think I'm a bright fella but there are other members on this board like Animal Mother, Artifical Grape, and Geko who are truly intelligent people. But here's the trick Molly... The men and women that are on the forefront of our Scientific Frontiers are amazingly intelligent. Perhaps some of the smartest people to ever walk this planet. And THEY are worlds more intelligent than the men that wrote your bible. Those desert scribes that wrote your bible knew NOTHING of the natural world. And they were pitifully educated by todays standards. Hell, even you are smarter than the men that wrote the bible Molly. And I know I'm smarter than you. So there just comes a point when you have to understand the bible is like cave drawings. Scribblings jotted down by very uneducated (By today's standards) and very barbaric men that thought things like rain were magic. We all know better now. But lots of people hold tight because of fear and the fact that their parents indoctrinated them. And sometimes you have adults that get indoctrinated because they need some sort of magic charm to protect them from themselves. "I was a drug addict and Jebus saved me!"

Quote:
You mean to tell me you believe everything came about all by itself?
You make it sound like that is absurd. We know in large enough quantities that debris in space will gather and wander towards each other and collect. Under the guide of gravity they will swirl and mix and form astrological bodies. This doesn't happen in a week or anything. It happens over eons. More than likely the universe is littered with dead planets orbiting suns that cannot support life. Why is your God so wasteful? Or did he fail at making the conditions right for life a billion times over before he got to us? I mean what's all this other junk doing hanging around if we're it? Why not just one solar system? One sun? How do you make sense of all the waste in the universe?

Quote:
So you have no idea what started all this?
Yeah... man does have an idea of what started all this. You're just afraid of it because it isn't what your archaic barbarian book says.

Quote:
You have no idea how debris started collecting debris?
It's been a while since I read up on this but I think it largely has to do with gravity. I actually know more about the bible than science currently because that's what I'm mostly been studying the last 5 or 6 years. I read up on science when I can.

Quote:
Now we are made from the earth by debris? Oh, I see
the earth made us. I prefer God.
We weren't MADE... we evolved from earlier creatures, that evolved from earlier creatures that ultimately evolved from single celled organisms that formed in the muck where RNA formed simply because the conditions were right. We are a chemical reaction that got way out of hand and had billions of years to run wild.

Quote:
I think you do not understand a theory is just a guess.
I was right... you aren't educated enough to grasp what a theory is.

Quote:
I don't hate education.
You seem to resist having any for yourself.
__________________
Pascal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Theory:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Grace:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Big Bang:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by Glock36shooter; 12-01-2012 at 14:15..
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 18:41   #38
FCoulter
Senior Member
 
FCoulter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 978
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
RNA is the building block of DNA. And we are very close to recreating the conditions of the pre-life earth and observing RNA forming all on its own in a lab. We all but know for a fact that life can and dose just happen under the right conditions with the right grocery list of elements. So far none of them have been an eternal man with a beard in a robe.

You're free to believe what you like. It's no different than children believing in Santa who are in the presence of adults that know how the presents got under the tree.
Havent you ever been told close only countsin horseshoes and hand grenades.
FCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 20:31   #39
Brasso
Senior Member
 
Brasso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Stranger in a strange land.
Posts: 8,679
Quote:
RNA is the building block of DNA. And we are very close to recreating the conditions of the pre-life earth and observing RNA forming all on its own in a lab. We all but know for a fact that life can and dose just happen under the right conditions with the right grocery list of elements. So far none of them have been an eternal man with a beard in a robe.
Yeah.......isn't that special. Let me know when that happens.
__________________
Yeshayahu 9:7 Of the increase of His rule and peace there is no end, upon the throne of David and over His reign, to establish it and sustain it with justice and with righteousness from now on, even forever. The ardour of יהוה of hosts does this.

Last edited by Brasso; 12-01-2012 at 20:31..
Brasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 20:55   #40
Brasso
Senior Member
 
Brasso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Stranger in a strange land.
Posts: 8,679
Eze 38:8 “After many days you shall be called up. In the latter years you shall come into the land of those brought back from the sword and gathered from many people on the mountains of Yisra’ĕl, which had been a continual waste. But they were brought out of the gentiles, and all of them shall dwell safely.
Eze 38:9 “And you shall go up, coming like a storm, covering the land like a cloud, you and all your bands and many peoples with you.”
Eze 38:10 ‘Thus said the Master יהוה, “And it shall be in that day that words arise in your heart, and you shall devise an evil plan:
Eze 38:11 “And you shall say, ‘Let me go up against a land of unwalled villages, let me go to those at rest who dwell safely, all of them dwelling without walls, and having neither bars nor gates,’
Eze 38:12 to take plunder and to take booty, to stretch out your hand against the waste places that are again inhabited, and against a people gathered from the gentiles, acquiring livestock and goods, who dwell in the middle of the land.
Eze 38:13 “Sheḇa, and Deḏan, and the merchants of Tarshish, and all their young lions shall say to you, ‘Have you come to take plunder? Have you gathered your army to take booty, to bear away silver and gold, to take away livestock and goods, to take great plunder?’ ” ’
Eze 38:14 “Therefore, son of man, prophesy, and you shall say to Goḡ, ‘Thus said the Master יהוה, “In that day when My people Yisra’ĕl dwell safely, would you not know?
Eze 38:15 “And you shall come from your place out of the far north, you and many peoples with you, all of them riding on horses, a great assembly and a mighty army.
Eze 38:16 “And you shall come up against My people Yisra’ĕl like a cloud, to cover the land – in the latter days it shall be. And I shall bring you against My land, in order that the gentiles know Me, when I am set apart in you, O Goḡ, before their eyes.”
Eze 38:17 ‘Thus said the Master יהוה, “Are you the one I spoke of in former days by My servants the prophets of Yisra’ĕl, who prophesied for years in those days, to bring you against them?
Eze 38:18 “And it shall be on that day, on the day when Goḡ comes against the land of Yisra’ĕl,” declares the Master יהוה, “that My wrath shall come up in My face.
Eze 38:19 “For in My jealousy and in the fire of My wrath I have spoken, ‘On that day there shall be a great shaking in the land of Yisra’ĕl,
Eze 38:20 so that the fish of the sea, and the birds of the heavens, and the beasts of the field, and all creeping creatures that creep on the earth, and all men who are on the face of the earth shall shake at My presence. And the mountains shall be thrown down, and the steep places shall fall, and every wall fall to the ground.’
Eze 38:21 “And I shall call for a sword against Goḡ on all My mountains,” declares the Master יהוה, “the sword of each one being against his brother.
Eze 38:22 “And I shall judge him with pestilence and blood, and rain down flooding rain and hailstones, fire and sulphur, on him and on his bands and on the many peoples who are with him.
Eze 38:23 “And I shall exalt Myself and set Myself apart, and I shall be known in the eyes of many nations. And they shall know that I am יהוה.” ’
__________________
Yeshayahu 9:7 Of the increase of His rule and peace there is no end, upon the throne of David and over His reign, to establish it and sustain it with justice and with righteousness from now on, even forever. The ardour of יהוה of hosts does this.

Last edited by Brasso; 12-01-2012 at 20:56..
Brasso is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:08.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,168
296 Members
872 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 16:42