Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-01-2012, 08:15   #21
snowbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDrake View Post
Bird, what if Odin is God?
The key word is "if".

"If" a cat was a cow, you could milk her.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:40   #22
snowbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal Mother View Post
1)...if you're opposed to war, slavery, and death you'd have to be against pretty much all religions.
2) It doesn't matter what you believe...
3)...you're going to die.
4)... How exactly do you define "what's right"?
1) Nope, just Islam (unless you want to count Atheist Communism, Atheist Nazism, etc., as 'religions')

2)...if you think ending up in hell is just as good as ending up in heaven

3) Yup. But some die with honor and salvation; some without. Some of us think that matters.

4) Once upon a time in America, the large majority of the population knew the answer to that. John Adams wrote that our Constitution was only adequate for governing this kind of moral population. "Hip" lefties today, with their 'political correctness', scoff at such "hick" phenomenae as believing in "love thy neighbor as thyself" (as opposed to 'Slay the infidel'), and equal opportunity for all, including women, white people, straights, and non-Muslims. Christian Americans who knew what's right transformed brutal, barbarian cultures with a faith that set people free.

Thanks to our Leftist 'elites' not knowing "what's right", our society has become decadent and is collapsing. The left is enabling Muslims to turn Christian green fields into deserts. Proud of yourself?

Last edited by snowbird; 12-01-2012 at 08:44..
snowbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:02   #23
GreenDrake
Rip Lips

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbird View Post
The key word is "if".

"If" a cat was a cow, you could milk her.
Oh heck yeah

Old 12-01-2012, 09:49   #24
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member

So... about that request that the thread go dormant awaiting Peace Warrior's response...

thanks,
-ArtificialGrape
ArtificialGrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:00   #25
muscogee

Quote:
1) Here we see both the Left's typical aversion to truth coupled with their customary rudeness and vulgarity.
Herre you go stereotyping again. I'm not a leftest. I didn't' care for Hanoi Jane either.

Quote:
2) The Left's behavior over Vietnam was shameful and treasonous. Recall Hanoi Jane sighting that communist anti-aircraft gun at our guys? The communists didn't have "everything but Thailand". The British successfully fought a counter-guerrilla war against communists in Malaysia. We assisted the Philippines in putting down the communist Huk uprising.
More stereotyping. I didn't' care for Hanoi Jane either.

Quote:
Today, the treasonous Left supports Islamofascism, which is threatening southern Thailand just as it is Israel. Southern Philippines is also under Islamofascist attack, as are Christians in Nigeria, Kenya, and numerous other countries. Leftist-backed Islamic immigration threatens most of the West these dark days -look at the Muslim-ruled 'no-go' zones in Western cities such as London, Paris, Stockholm, Berlin, Brussels, Amsterdam, Dearborn, etc. Communists and Muslims hold sway in Hollywood, our White House, and on our university campuses. Conservative Christian America (that is, free, solvent America) is indeed increasingly isolated.
You keep accusing everyone of supporting Islam, but I haven't seen anyone here do it. There's a big difference between being a narrow minded bigot and supporting Islam.

Quote:
Tell us why Molly Norris had to leave her job, her home, her identity, and live on the run in a formerly free country?
Never heard of Molly Norris.

Leona Helmsley
muscogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:01   #26
muscogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtificialGrape View Post
So... about that request that the thread go dormant awaiting Peace Warrior's response...

thanks,
-ArtificialGrape
My apologies. I'm outta here until Peace Warrior responds.

Leona Helmsley
muscogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:05   #27
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun

Quote:
1) Nope, just Islam (unless you want to count Atheist Communism, Atheist Nazism, etc., as 'religions')
You're unfamiliar with the conquest of the Americas, the French Wars of Religion, the Thirty Years War, the Eighty Years War, or the Bishops War?
Quote:
2)...if you think ending up in hell is just as good as ending up in heaven
Show evidence that either place exists and this might be an issue worthy of consideration.
Quote:
3) Yup. But some die with honor and salvation; some without. Some of us think that matters.
And you think spewing lies and hate is the route to salvation? Have you actually read the Bible? Perhaps you should. Start with Proverbs 6:17.
Quote:
4) Once upon a time in America, the large majority of the population knew the answer to that. John Adams wrote that our Constitution was only adequate for governing this kind of moral population.
At that time, the large majority believed that slavery based on race was "right". Is that a position you endorse?
Quote:
"Hip" lefties today, with their 'political correctness', scoff at such "hick" phenomenae as believing in "love thy neighbor as thyself" (as opposed to 'Slay the infidel'), and equal opportunity for all, including women, white people, straights, and non-Muslims. Christian Americans who knew what's right transformed brutal, barbarian cultures with a faith that set people free.
Free from living in many cases. It's odd how you list of "equal opportunity for all" explicitly excludes so many groups. Why is that?
Old 12-01-2012, 10:59   #28
snowbird

Quote:

thanks,
-ArtificialGrape
Sorry about that.

But Peace Warrior will be able to respond anytime he likes. Meanwhile, this thread seems to have taken on a life of its own.
Old 03-30-2013, 09:13   #29
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member

Peace Warrior,
Now that you've returned to RI after 4 months, should we pick this back up with messages 1 and 2 of this thread?

Thanks,
-ArtificialGrape
Old 03-30-2013, 20:53   #30
Guss

With regards to Islam and evolution, they have their own squabbles with the fundamentalists.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_views_on_evolution
Guss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 21:58   #31
rustytxrx

the threads in general are postulating on topics with no possible proof of any position. I can understand why a respondent could be a moving target.

I can also understand how it would be easy to modify your own position on a subject after reading some of your response. Some are very thought provoking in logic and content.

I don't think everyone comes fully prepared to post on this forum. Not many folks have taken the time to harden their beliefs to point of presenting a written defense. The exception would be a member of an established religion.

I can say personally that the short time I have been on the forum has made me more self aware of what I believe. It was interesting how the rather nebulous collection of a philosophy I had actually turned the tumbler like the right key in a lock.

I would cut each poster a little slack. Some of you have evidently been doing this a while so you have your razor honed. i do not think personal attacks are necessary but you call it like you see it.

Last edited by rustytxrx; 03-31-2013 at 10:26..
rustytxrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 00:03   #32
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustytxrx View Post
the threads in general are postulating on topics with no possible proof of any position. I can understand why a respondent could be a moving target.

I can also understand how it would be easy to modify your own position on a subject after reading some of your response. Some are very thought provoking in logic and content.

I don't think everyone comes fully prepared to post on this forum. Not many folks have not taken the time to harden their beliefs to point of presenting a written defense. The exception would be a member of an established religion.

I can say personally that the short time I have been on the forum has made me more self aware of what I believe. It was interesting how the rather nebulous collection of a philosophy I had actually turned the tumbler like the right key in a lock.

I would cut each poster a little slack. Some of you have evidently been doing this a while so you have your razor honed. i do not think personal attacks are necessary but you call it like you see it.
I'm not attacking Peace Warrior, rather I'm addressing some points of his, and asking him to support some of his claims.

As I've mentioned before, if somebody chooses to believe in a young earth, or that a global flood actually happened, or..., fine, believe away. It's when they begin to abuse or reject science, or put forward bogus science claims that I have an issue. For example Peace Warrior's claims that all his research (that he's unwilling to share) indicates that stars cannot form naturally, and that Flood geology can explain the Grand Canyon, and this favorite,
"For example, in my opinion, micro-evolution is a couple of roses being cross-pollinated and begetting another rose, but possibly/maybe the 'offspring' rose is of a different color, as well, micro-evolution is a couple of dogs begetting a puppy/or litter of puppies, but the puppy/puppies are different than the individual l3itch and or sire.

Now, I do not understand macro-evolutionary beliefs as they would indicate that a couple of roses, "cross-pollinating," would beget a dog
".
-ArtificialGrape
Old 03-31-2013, 01:11   #33
rustytxrx

Quote:
I'm not attacking Peace Warrior, rather I'm addressing some points of his, and asking him to support some of his claims.

As I've mentioned before, if somebody chooses to believe in a young earth, or that a global flood actually happened, or..., fine, believe away. It's when they begin to abuse or reject science, or put forward bogus science claims that I have an issue. For example Peace Warrior's claims that all his research (that he's unwilling to share) indicates that stars cannot form naturally, and that Flood geology can explain the Grand Canyon, and this favorite,
"For example, in my opinion, micro-evolution is a couple of roses being cross-pollinated and begetting another rose, but possibly/maybe the 'offspring' rose is of a different color, as well, micro-evolution is a couple of dogs begetting a puppy/or litter of puppies, but the puppy/puppies are different than the individual l3itch and or sire.

Now, I do not understand macro-evolutionary beliefs as they would indicate that a couple of roses, "cross-pollinating," would beget a dog
".
-ArtificialGrape
You seem like a bight guy that knows you on mind you call then like you see them

In lower animals down around the starfish, slug, salamanders might be the back stop position for a mass kill off. That group has regenerative powers higher orders don't have. They can change sex, grow back severed appendages Live after being cut in half (both ends). In isolated test with some class of lower sea creatures the show a high propensity to mutate. Interesting to thank there is a reversion backstop.

Last edited by rustytxrx; 03-31-2013 at 10:35..
rustytxrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:18   #34
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member

Bumped since Peace Warrior has resurfaced in Religious Issues.