SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-01-2012, 20:57   #101
NMG26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Hays View Post
According to the Bible God stepped in when Jesus died on the cross. If you disconnect from the Bible you are cutting yourself loose from your anchor to drift and end up wrecked.
According to the Bible...............................

Your interpretation of the Bible is what we are talking about. Your cult is an end times cult so everything is about the end, and the new beginning.

God is not going to step in and stop us from our destruction. It is up to us. God is not on the side of Israel or Islam. As long as there is an apocalyptic religious mentality, there will be trouble, and God will continue to NOT step in. Killing in the name of religion will not hasten God's hand to action. We will live with the results of our God delusion as long as we continue to make God on one side or another. God is not tribal. Man is tribal.

Trouble is not a sign of good things to come. Trouble is a sign of a warped mentality. Humanity can fix anything if they have a mind to. God is not going to step in.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
NMG26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 22:01   #102
Vic Hays

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMG26 View Post
According to the Bible...............................

Trouble is not a sign of good things to come. Trouble is a sign of a warped mentality. Humanity can fix anything if they have a mind to. God is not going to step in.
God already has stepped in and will continue.

Malachi 4:1 For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.

Malachi 4:2 But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.

John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Vic Hays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 22:11   #103
Japle
John, Viera, Fl

Quote:
From Brasso's post #100:
G1074
γενεά
genea
ghen-eh-ah'
From (a presumed derivative of) G1085; a generation; by implication an age (the period or the persons): - age, generation, nation, time.
From a presumed derivative of”?
By implication”?

That’s what you’re using as evidence? Even the author is waffling on whether that’s the true meaning.

Quote:
Either you can read, and understand what I just posted, or you can't.
I do understand what you’ve posted. It’s highly ambiguous at best. By using, “presumed” and “by implication” the author admits he’s uncertain of the meaning.

I think we all understand what you’ve posted. It’s a weakly presented opinion. It doesn’t help your case.

Last edited by Japle; 12-01-2012 at 22:12..
Japle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 01:28   #104
NMG26

Quote:
God already has stepped in and will continue.

You have seen God step into human affairs?

The only way things are changed is if we humans take action. It is often people of faith, but without the human action, no action is taken by God. God does not just step in and make things happen. The hand of God will not end the world and bring another world to pass. The best that can be done is by you and I. We bear the whole responsibility.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:52   #105
Brasso

Quote:
“From a presumed derivative of”?
“By implication”?

That’s what you’re using as evidence? Even the author is waffling on whether that’s the true meaning.

Quote:
Either you can read, and understand what I just posted, or you can't.
I do understand what you’ve posted. It’s highly ambiguous at best. By using, “presumed” and “by implication” the author admits he’s uncertain of the meaning.

I think we all understand what you’ve posted. It’s a weakly presented opinion. It doesn’t help your case.

Just go away. The Greek lists a couple of meanings for the word. And the Aramaic says it out right. And you still claim my "opinion" is weak.

You're just a whiny brat.
Yeshayahu 9:7 Of the increase of His rule and peace there is no end, upon the throne of David and over His reign, to establish it and sustain it with justice and with righteousness from now on, even forever. The ardour of יהוה of hosts does this.
Brasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:35   #106
Japle
John, Viera, Fl

Quote:
Just go away.
Someday I will go away. But the doubts about your silly translation will live on.
Forever!
Quote:
The Greek lists a couple of meanings for the word.
So what? That doesn’t mean you can just pick one and tell the world it’s correct.
Quote:
And the Aramaic says it out right. And you still claim my "opinion" is weak.
Your opinion is just that. It’s an opinion that’s supported by another opinion.
That’s hardly compelling.
Quote:
You're just a whiny brat.
Says the guy whose best argument is, “Just go away”.

Last edited by Japle; 12-02-2012 at 09:44..
Old 12-02-2012, 11:04   #107
Vic Hays

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMG26 View Post
You have seen God step into human affairs?

The only way things are changed is if we humans take action. It is often people of faith, but without the human action, no action is taken by God. God does not just step in and make things happen. The hand of God will not end the world and bring another world to pass. The best that can be done is by you and I. We bear the whole responsibility.
I have seen God take action in my affairs without my intervention. I noticed you conveniently left out the Bible quotes of what God says He will do. The strongest most intelligent men are like nothing in the overall scheme of things. Without God we are just dust in the wind.

John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Vic Hays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:48   #108
NMG26

Quote:
I have seen God take action in my affairs without my intervention. I noticed you conveniently left out the Bible quotes of what God says He will do. The strongest most intelligent men are like nothing in the overall scheme of things. Without God we are just dust in the wind.

Nothing wrong with faith in God and giving God thanks for your good life and events. We are talking about end time philosophy of when it gets bad, God is going to put a fix to it.

Not going to happen. Man makes it good and makes it bad. Did you happen to see the special on the Dust Bowl?

http://www.pbs.org/kenburns/dustbowl/

Awesome story on man destroying and man fixing.

It is a warped mentality to think that God has a plan of letting the world slip into chaos so He can step and and make a fix.

Old 12-02-2012, 14:09   #109
Brasso

Quote:
Your opinion is just that. It’s an opinion that’s supported by another opinion.
That’s hardly compelling.
It's not an opinion you drooling chinned baby. It's a fact. The Aramaic says tribe/nation. Deal with it.

The only opinion here is you.
Yeshayahu 9:7 Of the increase of His rule and peace there is no end, upon the throne of David and over His reign, to establish it and sustain it with justice and with righteousness from now on, even forever. The ardour of יהוה of hosts does this.

Last edited by Brasso; 12-02-2012 at 14:11..
Brasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 15:57   #110
Japle
John, Viera, Fl

Quote:
It's not an opinion you drooling chinned baby.
Itís always easy to tell when someone on one side of an issue has no good argument. He repeatedly insults his opponent.