GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2012, 17:19   #51
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
It's not your place to make that determination on a Religious Issues forum. You're an atheist remember? What do you know about religion other than to criticize, demean and insult Christians?

Have the Glock Talk powers create an Atheist Issues forum for you to spew your atheism and paganism.
Yes yes... silence and segregate the opposition. How American of you.
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 17:21   #52
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyguy View Post
Believing in common courtesy is elitist? What planet are you from? Seriously, you are getting desperate and it isn't a pretty sight.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy
Can you not read? I said that YOU calling someone an elitist is showing your lack of common courtesy.

See you changed your posting style back... you're not well are you?

Still waiting to hear what it is we envy.
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 17:23   #53
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyguy View Post
I'm skeered!
No need to be. We aren't religious... we don't handle things with violence. We handle them with Logic and Reason. Look at the numbers friend, Your religion is dying in this nation. It's time is running out.
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 17:23   #54
steveksux
Massive Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 13,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyguy View Post
Hate to break it to you Randy, but you don't have a monopoly on reality.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy
The earth is not some 10,000 years old. It's billions of years old. The universe is even older. That's the only reality.

It's not a monopoly. Reality is open to all not too blind to see it.

Randy
steveksux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 17:24   #55
RyanBDawg
Senior Member
 
RyanBDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ooltewah Tennessee
Posts: 4,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyguy View Post
I think atheists who want to do a great service to their country (and the world) should move to the middle-east and convert the Islamists to their way of thinking instead of us harmless Christians. It would also prove the strength of their convictions.

Now that's what I would call a win-win strategy.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy
"In 1543 Luther published On the Jews and Their Lies in which he says that the Jews are a "base, whoring people, that is, no people of God, and their boast of lineage, circumcision, and law must be accounted as filth."They are full of the "devil's feces ... which they wallow in like swine."The synagogue was a "defiled bride, yes, an incorrigible whore and an evil slut ..."He argues that their synagogues and schools be set on fire, their prayer books destroyed, rabbis forbidden to preach, homes razed, and property and money confiscated. They should be shown no mercy or kindness, afforded no legal protection, and these "poisonous envenomed worms" should be drafted into forced labor or expelled for all time. He also seems to advocate their murder, writing "[w]e are at fault in not slaying them".

-Martin Luther, founder of protestantism


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
"I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it."
- Clint Eastwood

Glock 26 w/CTC Lasergrips, and Trijicon Sights = Daily Carry
RyanBDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 17:24   #56
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyguy View Post
The fact that I agree with JBnTX should be proof enough that I am transiting a parallel "demention".

But he is right, many of the atheists on GT act like spoiled little brats.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy
There's that common courtesy you keep talking about.
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 17:28   #57
steveksux
Massive Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 13,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyguy View Post
Those would probably be more accurate descriptions.

Christians can't even have a thread about Christian music without the resident atheists posting crap they know is insulting.

But it is OK for them to be insulting because they are enlightened.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy
Actually, I believe I posted some of my favorite Christian music in that thread. I don't recall being insulting. (except maybe to Metallica fans.... )

Randy
steveksux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 17:28   #58
happyguy
Na Ben Don Chat
 
happyguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Indiana
Posts: 14,223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
There's that common courtesy you keep talking about.
Waaaaa...poor little baby!

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy
__________________
"Success isn't a result of spontaneous combustion. You have to set yourself on fire." - Arnold H. Glasgow
happyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 17:29   #59
muscogee
Senior Member
 
muscogee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 6,841


Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
It's not your place to make that determination on a Religious Issues forum. You're an atheist remember? What do you know about religion other than to criticize, demean and insult Christians?

Have the Glock Talk powers create an Atheist Issues forum for you to spew your atheism and paganism.
I sang my first church solo in 1952. I was quoting scriptures before I could read. I know Christianity quite well. It doesn't make sense.

I don't criticize, demean and insult Christians. I challenge illogical irrational comments. I challenge hypocrites. I challenge people who make God in their own image and then insist that I worship their opinion in the name of worshiping God. It's people like you who do the majority of the insulting in this forum. How does that square with loving your neighbour as yourself? How does that square with loving those who spitefully use you? You're right out of Matthew 23.
__________________
"We don't pay taxes. Only the little people pay taxes."

Leona Helmsley
muscogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 17:32   #60
steveksux
Massive Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 13,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyguy
Apparently common courtesy is uncommon in the atheist world. Boy am I surprised
Not just in Atheists, look at most any of the threads dominated by Christians bickering over scriptures...

I'd say in the Atheist/Christian exchanges, its initiated as often by the Christians as the Atheists. Don't know if it's 50/50, but its hardly a one way street.

I would say it's more of an internet thing rather than Atheist/Christian thing. People get mouthy on the internet when there's no chance of getting hit in the mouth in return...

Randy

Last edited by steveksux; 12-02-2012 at 18:31..
steveksux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 17:34   #61
muscogee
Senior Member
 
muscogee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 6,841


Quote:
Originally Posted by happyguy View Post
Muscogee must be tired of getting spanked over on the PI forum.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy
That's a really immature uneducated comment.
__________________
"We don't pay taxes. Only the little people pay taxes."

Leona Helmsley
muscogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 17:35   #62
happyguy
Na Ben Don Chat
 
happyguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Indiana
Posts: 14,223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
Can you not read? I said that YOU calling someone an elitist is showing your lack of common courtesy.

Oh good lord...that is not what you posted. Maybe you can go back and change your post to make it seem like you are carrying on an intelligent conversation.

See you changed your posting style back... you're not well are you?

My posting style really bothers you huh? I use the other style to answer longer posts, point by point, where it might otherwise be confusing. Sorry if it's too much for you but you really need to try to keep up. It is a written medium after all and you have plenty of time to figure it out before you reply.

Still waiting to hear what it is we envy.

It's coming, hold your breath!

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy
__________________
"Success isn't a result of spontaneous combustion. You have to set yourself on fire." - Arnold H. Glasgow

Last edited by happyguy; 12-02-2012 at 17:42..
happyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 17:36   #63
muscogee
Senior Member
 
muscogee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 6,841


Quote:
Originally Posted by happyguy View Post
The fact that I agree with JBnTX should be proof enough that I am transiting a parallel "demention".

But he is right, many of the atheists on GT act like spoiled little brats.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy
Name calling? Now who's insulting, criticizing, and demeaning? Where do the scriptures say, "Go ye therefore and call names?"
__________________
"We don't pay taxes. Only the little people pay taxes."

Leona Helmsley
muscogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 17:37   #64
happyguy
Na Ben Don Chat
 
happyguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Indiana
Posts: 14,223
Quote:
Originally Posted by muscogee View Post
That's a really immature uneducated comment.
Muscogee is

Sorry but whatever your opinion, my original comment is likely true.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy
__________________
"Success isn't a result of spontaneous combustion. You have to set yourself on fire." - Arnold H. Glasgow

Last edited by happyguy; 12-02-2012 at 17:38..
happyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 17:41   #65
happyguy
Na Ben Don Chat
 
happyguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Indiana
Posts: 14,223
Quote:
Originally Posted by muscogee View Post
Name calling? Now who's insulting, criticizing, and demeaning? Where do the scriptures say, "Go ye therefore and call names?"
Nowhere do the scriptures say to be a doormat and if you ever met me you would know that I am not one.



Regards,
Happyguy
__________________
"Success isn't a result of spontaneous combustion. You have to set yourself on fire." - Arnold H. Glasgow

Last edited by happyguy; 12-02-2012 at 17:45..
happyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 17:43   #66
Gunhaver
the wrong hands
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,736
Blog Entries: 1
The reason most atheists post here is to put the opposing arguments out there. Talk to any of us and you'll hear a similar story of being raised in some flavor or other of Christianity by people who were very devout and yet their ability to answer some specific questions left much to be desired.

For instance, the outright lies that are constantly told and retold by the YECs about the geological timeline and evolution are finally starting to be recognized as the insanity it is by the mainstream. The creationist "interpretation of the evidence" gets pretty easily exposed as biased nonsense as soon as you get into any real conversation with them.

There are already plenty here that identify as Christians yet they don't feel compelled to deny scientific evidence only because it doesn't jive with the bible. The hardcore hangers on of YEC theory are a lost cause. They don't have the minimum required number of brain cells to rub together and make it click. Those people are not the minds we're out to change here.

Think of it as teaching others how to play chess by first showing them how not to play chess by playing with irritable children that don't understand the rules and constantly flip the board over in frustration. Those that are smart enough to understand that games are won by default as well as checkmate will soon find themselves a bunch of little Bobby Fishers when they realize exactly what a clump of delicate, petulant children they're up against.
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 17:44   #67
muscogee
Senior Member
 
muscogee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 6,841


Quote:
Originally Posted by happyguy View Post
Muscogee is

Sorry but whatever your opinion, my original comment is likely true.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy
It's a bald face lie.
__________________
"We don't pay taxes. Only the little people pay taxes."

Leona Helmsley
muscogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 17:48   #68
muscogee
Senior Member
 
muscogee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 6,841


Quote:
Originally Posted by happyguy View Post
Nowhere do the scriptures say to be a doormat and if you ever met me you would know that I am not one.



Regards,
Happyguy
You're obviously very insecure or you would have to boast about you manliness. That's a sign of immaturity. I'm through with children' hour.
__________________
"We don't pay taxes. Only the little people pay taxes."

Leona Helmsley
muscogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 17:49   #69
Gunhaver
the wrong hands
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,736
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyguy View Post
The fact that I agree with JBnTX should be proof enough that I am transiting a parallel "demention".

But he is right, many of the atheists on GT act like spoiled little brats.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy
Can you give an example of most atheists here acting like spoiled brats? Then maybe you could answer a long list of very hard questions that the YECs constantly turn tail and run from like...

Well, like spoiled little brats.
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 17:50   #70
happyguy
Na Ben Don Chat
 
happyguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Indiana
Posts: 14,223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
The reason most atheists post here is to put the opposing arguments out there. Talk to any of us and you'll hear a similar story of being raised in some flavor or other of Christianity by people who were very devout and yet their ability to answer some specific questions left much to be desired.

For instance, the outright lies that are constantly told and retold by the YECs about the geological timeline and evolution are finally starting to be recognized as the insanity it is by the mainstream. The creationist "interpretation of the evidence" gets pretty easily exposed as biased nonsense as soon as you get into any real conversation with them.

There are already plenty here that identify as Christians yet they don't feel compelled to deny scientific evidence only because it doesn't jive with the bible. The hardcore hangers on of YEC theory are a lost cause. They don't have the minimum required number of brain cells to rub together and make it click. Those people are not the minds we're out to change here.

Think of it as teaching others how to play chess by first showing them how not to play chess by playing with irritable children that don't understand the rules and constantly flip the board over in frustration. Those that are smart enough to understand that games are won by default as well as checkmate will soon find themselves a bunch of little Bobby Fishers when they realize exactly what a clump of delicate, petulant children they're up against.
I disagree. Most of the atheists I have known, who are vocal about their beliefs, have an axe to grind.

That seems especially true of the majority that post in this forum.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy
__________________
"Success isn't a result of spontaneous combustion. You have to set yourself on fire." - Arnold H. Glasgow

Last edited by happyguy; 12-02-2012 at 17:51..
happyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 17:54   #71
GreenDrake
Rip Lips
 
GreenDrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: North Idaho
Posts: 7,635
Many of us are former religious folks. Perhaps it's the desire to help others think critically or to try to understand the dogma we once followed, or to challenge others to question their beliefs. I find the different flavors of christianity fascinating. As a former catholic, I find all organized religion to be pretty much equally mythological.
__________________
"Can you FLY, Bobby?"
P229 EDC

Last edited by GreenDrake; 12-02-2012 at 17:55..
GreenDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 17:56   #72
Multiple Arms
Senior Member
 
Multiple Arms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: In Dim Carcosa
Posts: 1,268
"There ain'ts nose such things as religions." Skwisgaar Skwigelf
__________________
If anyone knows Roscoe Edward Henderson aka Bus, can you PM me? Thank you.
Multiple Arms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 17:59   #73
Gunhaver
the wrong hands
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,736
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
It's not your place to make that determination on a Religious Issues forum. You're an atheist remember? What do you know about religion other than to criticize, demean and insult Christians?
More than you know. Statistically, even.

http://newsfeed.time.com/2010/09/28/...han-believers/

" Why did atheists do so well? The study concluded that those who reject faith often do so after growing up in a religious household, and studying and deliberating keeping the faith. Also, atheists and agnostics tend to be better educated in general. Why did Christians do so poorly? It may be because once someone accepts a faith, they stop examining it."
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 17:59   #74
happyguy
Na Ben Don Chat
 
happyguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Indiana
Posts: 14,223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
Can you give an example of most atheists here acting like spoiled brats? Then maybe you could answer a long list of very hard questions that the YECs constantly turn tail and run from like...

Well, like spoiled little brats.

A bit off topic but I see your sig line and I see who it quotes. Seems to me like both of you are beneath engaging. So rather than acknowledging you as a human being who is fit to have a discusion with I will simply bid both of you adieu.

Quote:
Ah yes the new world order is gonna be sweet. I can't wait to bang two married bi chicks while feasting on deep fried baby necks. -Glock36shooter
You guys really are the lowest common denominator. I personally think the two of you are the epitome of everything that is wrong with this once great nation. May God have mercy on us all.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy
__________________
"Success isn't a result of spontaneous combustion. You have to set yourself on fire." - Arnold H. Glasgow

Last edited by happyguy; 12-02-2012 at 18:03..
happyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 18:15   #75
TK-421
Senior Member
 
TK-421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyguy View Post
Those would probably be more accurate descriptions.

Christians can't even have a thread about Christian music without the resident atheists posting crap they know is insulting.

But it is OK for them to be insulting because they are enlightened.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy
I just love how you neglect to mention how atheists can't have a thread about why they don't like religion without the resident christians posting crap they know is asinine.
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:13.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 704
175 Members
529 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42