SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-02-2012, 18:34   #61
muscogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyguy View Post
Muscogee must be tired of getting spanked over on the PI forum.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy
That's a really immature uneducated comment.

Leona Helmsley
muscogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 18:35   #62
happyguy
Man, I'm Pretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
Can you not read? I said that YOU calling someone an elitist is showing your lack of common courtesy.

Oh good lord...that is not what you posted. Maybe you can go back and change your post to make it seem like you are carrying on an intelligent conversation.

See you changed your posting style back... you're not well are you?

My posting style really bothers you huh? I use the other style to answer longer posts, point by point, where it might otherwise be confusing. Sorry if it's too much for you but you really need to try to keep up. It is a written medium after all and you have plenty of time to figure it out before you reply.

Still waiting to hear what it is we envy.

It's coming, hold your breath!

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy
Proverbs 21:31 The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but victory is of the LORD.

"I refuse to tip-toe through life only to arrive at death safely."

Last edited by happyguy; 12-02-2012 at 18:42..
happyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 18:36   #63
muscogee

Quote:
The fact that I agree with JBnTX should be proof enough that I am transiting a parallel "demention".

But he is right, many of the atheists on GT act like spoiled little brats.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy
Name calling? Now who's insulting, criticizing, and demeaning? Where do the scriptures say, "Go ye therefore and call names?"

Leona Helmsley
Old 12-02-2012, 18:37   #64
happyguy
Man, I'm Pretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscogee View Post
That's a really immature uneducated comment.
Muscogee is

Sorry but whatever your opinion, my original comment is likely true.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy
Proverbs 21:31 The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but victory is of the LORD.

Last edited by happyguy; 12-02-2012 at 18:38..
Old 12-02-2012, 18:41   #65
happyguy
Man, I'm Pretty

Quote:
Name calling? Now who's insulting, criticizing, and demeaning? Where do the scriptures say, "Go ye therefore and call names?"
Nowhere do the scriptures say to be a doormat and if you ever met me you would know that I am not one.

Regards,
Happyguy

Last edited by happyguy; 12-02-2012 at 18:45..
Old 12-02-2012, 18:43   #66
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

The reason most atheists post here is to put the opposing arguments out there. Talk to any of us and you'll hear a similar story of being raised in some flavor or other of Christianity by people who were very devout and yet their ability to answer some specific questions left much to be desired.

For instance, the outright lies that are constantly told and retold by the YECs about the geological timeline and evolution are finally starting to be recognized as the insanity it is by the mainstream. The creationist "interpretation of the evidence" gets pretty easily exposed as biased nonsense as soon as you get into any real conversation with them.

There are already plenty here that identify as Christians yet they don't feel compelled to deny scientific evidence only because it doesn't jive with the bible. The hardcore hangers on of YEC theory are a lost cause. They don't have the minimum required number of brain cells to rub together and make it click. Those people are not the minds we're out to change here.

Think of it as teaching others how to play chess by first showing them how not to play chess by playing with irritable children that don't understand the rules and constantly flip the board over in frustration. Those that are smart enough to understand that games are won by default as well as checkmate will soon find themselves a bunch of little Bobby Fishers when they realize exactly what a clump of delicate, petulant children they're up against.
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 18:44   #67
muscogee

Quote:
Muscogee is

Sorry but whatever your opinion, my original comment is likely true.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy
It's a bald face lie.

Leona Helmsley
Old 12-02-2012, 18:48   #68
muscogee

Quote:
Nowhere do the scriptures say to be a doormat and if you ever met me you would know that I am not one.

Regards,
Happyguy
You're obviously very insecure or you would have to boast about you manliness. That's a sign of immaturity. I'm through with children' hour.

Leona Helmsley
Old 12-02-2012, 18:49   #69
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Quote:
The fact that I agree with JBnTX should be proof enough that I am transiting a parallel "demention".

But he is right, many of the atheists on GT act like spoiled little brats.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy
Can you give an example of most atheists here acting like spoiled brats? Then maybe you could answer a long list of very hard questions that the YECs constantly turn tail and run from like...

Well, like spoiled little brats.
Old 12-02-2012, 18:50   #70
happyguy
Man, I'm Pretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
The reason most atheists post here is to put the opposing arguments out there. Talk to any of us and you'll hear a similar story of being raised in some flavor or other of Christianity by people who were very devout and yet their ability to answer some specific questions left much to be desired.

For instance, the outright lies that are constantly told and retold by the YECs about the geological timeline and evolution are finally starting to be recognized as the insanity it is by the mainstream. The creationist "interpretation of the evidence" gets pretty easily exposed as biased nonsense as soon as you get into any real conversation with them.

There are already plenty here that identify as Christians yet they don't feel compelled to deny scientific evidence only because it doesn't jive with the bible. The hardcore hangers on of YEC theory are a lost cause. They don't have the minimum required number of brain cells to rub together and make it click. Those people are not the minds we're out to change here.

Think of it as teaching others how to play chess by first showing them how not to play chess by playing with irritable children that don't understand the rules and constantly flip the board over in frustration. Those that are smart enough to understand that games are won by default as well as checkmate will soon find themselves a bunch of little Bobby Fishers when they realize exactly what a clump of delicate, petulant children they're up against.
I disagree. Most of the atheists I have known, who are vocal about their beliefs, have an axe to grind.

That seems especially true of the majority that post in this forum.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy

Last edited by happyguy; 12-02-2012 at 18:51..
Old 12-02-2012, 18:54   #71
GreenDrake
Rip Lips

Many of us are former religious folks. Perhaps it's the desire to help others think critically or to try to understand the dogma we once followed, or to challenge others to question their beliefs. I find the different flavors of christianity fascinating. As a former catholic, I find all organized religion to be pretty much equally mythological.

Last edited by GreenDrake; 12-02-2012 at 18:55..
GreenDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 18:56   #72
Multiple Arms

"There ain'ts nose such things as religions." Skwisgaar Skwigelf
Old 12-02-2012, 18:59   #73
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
It's not your place to make that determination on a Religious Issues forum. You're an atheist remember? What do you know about religion other than to criticize, demean and insult Christians?
More than you know. Statistically, even.

http://newsfeed.time.com/2010/09/28/...han-believers/

" Why did atheists do so well? The study concluded that those who reject faith often do so after growing up in a religious household, and studying and deliberating keeping the faith. Also, atheists and agnostics tend to be better educated in general. Why did Christians do so poorly? It may be because once someone accepts a faith, they stop examining it."
Old 12-02-2012, 18:59   #74
happyguy
Man, I'm Pretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
Can you give an example of most atheists here acting like spoiled brats? Then maybe you could answer a long list of very hard questions that the YECs constantly turn tail and run from like...

Well, like spoiled little brats.

A bit off topic but I see your sig line and I see who it quotes. Seems to me like both of you are beneath engaging. So rather than acknowledging you as a human being who is fit to have a discusion with I will simply bid both of you adieu.

Quote:
Ah yes the new world order is gonna be sweet. I can't wait to bang two married bi chicks while feasting on deep fried baby necks. -Glock36shooter
You guys really are the lowest common denominator. I personally think the two of you are the epitome of everything that is wrong with this once great nation. May God have mercy on us all.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy

Last edited by happyguy; 12-02-2012 at 19:03..
Old 12-02-2012, 19:15   #75
TK-421

Quote:
Those would probably be more accurate descriptions.

Christians can't even have a thread about Christian music without the resident atheists posting crap they know is insulting.

But it is OK for them to be insulting because they are enlightened.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy
I just love how you neglect to mention how atheists can't have a thread about why they don't like religion without the resident christians posting crap they know is asinine.
TK-421 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 19:23   #76
happyguy
Man, I'm Pretty

Quote:
You're obviously very insecure or you would have to boast about you manliness. That's a sign of immaturity. I'm through with children' hour.
Says the man peeing in the corner. Sorry you feel threatened. Bye, have a good one!

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy

Last edited by happyguy; 12-02-2012 at 19:55..
Old 12-02-2012, 19:29   #77
Lone Wolf8634
:):

I don't post a lot, (unless CD is spewing his drivel about Atheism.) Maybe the occasional comment here and there when I just can't help myself.

But I lurk, I read most all the threads, and I have a very good reason to do so.

Some folks here........ are insane. Since coming here I've found insane people are highly entertaining.

They're fricken hilarious!

Some of the crud I've seen posted here ( by supposedly rational, educated people living in the most advanced civilization the world has ever known) is simply unbelievable.

And I hope ya'll don't think this place would be a peaceful paradise without the Atheists, thats a laugh. Have you ever read some of these urination matches around here? Not an Atheist in sight and you people squabble like 3 year olds.

Harmless Christians my achin ass!

The Protestants and Catholics were still killing each other in my lifetime, and given enough of a chance and the right circumstances most religions would continue to do so. The only time out they would take is to burn all the Atheists on a cross....upside down. And thats not even a shot at religion.... people kill each other, thats what they do. Religion just seems to be a high ranking reason.

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson
Lone Wolf8634 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 19:31   #78
happyguy
Man, I'm Pretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
No need to be. We aren't religious... we don't handle things with violence. We handle them with Logic and Reason. Look at the numbers friend, Your religion is dying in this nation. It's time is running out.
Atheist Jihad! I love it!

Be careful what you wish for!

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy

Last edited by happyguy; 12-02-2012 at 19:33..
Old 12-02-2012, 19:37   #79
happyguy
Man, I'm Pretty

Quote:
It's a bald face lie.
Please explain, how can my opinion be a lie?

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy

Old 12-02-2012, 19:49   #80
happyguy
Man, I'm Pretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveksux View Post
The earth is not some 10,000 years old. It's billions of years old. The universe is even older. That's the only reality.

It's not a monopoly. Reality is open to all not too blind to see it.

Randy
I'm not disputing the age of the earth or the universe.

But basically what you are saying is, reality is what science says it is?

So if science changes our concept of reality in the future, does that mean you are not currently living in reality?

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy