Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-02-2012, 18:23   #76
happyguy
Na Ben Don Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscogee View Post
You're obviously very insecure or you would have to boast about you manliness. That's a sign of immaturity. I'm through with children' hour.
Says the man peeing in the corner. Sorry you feel threatened. Bye, have a good one!

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy

Last edited by happyguy; 12-02-2012 at 18:55..
happyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 18:29   #77
Lone Wolf8634
Misanthrope

I don't post a lot, (unless CD is spewing his drivel about Atheism.) Maybe the occasional comment here and there when I just can't help myself.

But I lurk, I read most all the threads, and I have a very good reason to do so.

Some folks here........ are insane. Since coming here I've found insane people are highly entertaining.

They're fricken hilarious!

Some of the crud I've seen posted here ( by supposedly rational, educated people living in the most advanced civilization the world has ever known) is simply unbelievable.

And I hope ya'll don't think this place would be a peaceful paradise without the Atheists, thats a laugh. Have you ever read some of these urination matches around here? Not an Atheist in sight and you people squabble like 3 year olds.

Harmless Christians my achin ass!

The Protestants and Catholics were still killing each other in my lifetime, and given enough of a chance and the right circumstances most religions would continue to do so. The only time out they would take is to burn all the Atheists on a cross....upside down. And thats not even a shot at religion.... people kill each other, thats what they do. Religion just seems to be a high ranking reason.

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson
Lone Wolf8634 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 18:31   #78
happyguy
Na Ben Don Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
No need to be. We aren't religious... we don't handle things with violence. We handle them with Logic and Reason. Look at the numbers friend, Your religion is dying in this nation. It's time is running out.
Atheist Jihad! I love it!

Be careful what you wish for!

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy

Last edited by happyguy; 12-02-2012 at 18:33..
Old 12-02-2012, 18:37   #79
happyguy
Na Ben Don Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscogee View Post
It's a bald face lie.
Please explain, how can my opinion be a lie?

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy
Old 12-02-2012, 18:49   #80
happyguy
Na Ben Don Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveksux View Post
The earth is not some 10,000 years old. It's billions of years old. The universe is even older. That's the only reality.

It's not a monopoly. Reality is open to all not too blind to see it.

Randy
I'm not disputing the age of the earth or the universe.

But basically what you are saying is, reality is what science says it is?

So if science changes our concept of reality in the future, does that mean you are not currently living in reality?

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy
Old 12-02-2012, 18:52   #81
TK-421

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyguy View Post
I'm not disputing the age of the earth or the universe.

But basically what you are saying is, reality is what science says it is?

So if science changes our concept of reality in the future, does that mean you are not currently living in reality?

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy
There are some who say we currently aren't living in the reality that we think we are.

Religious Issues
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 19:06   #82
happyguy
Na Ben Don Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBDawg View Post
"In 1543 Luther published On the Jews and Their Lies in which he says that the Jews are a "base, whoring people, that is, no people of God, and their boast of lineage, circumcision, and law must be accounted as filth."They are full of the "devil's feces ... which they wallow in like swine."The synagogue was a "defiled bride, yes, an incorrigible whore and an evil slut ..."He argues that their synagogues and schools be set on fire, their prayer books destroyed, rabbis forbidden to preach, homes razed, and property and money confiscated. They should be shown no mercy or kindness, afforded no legal protection, and these "poisonous envenomed worms" should be drafted into forced labor or expelled for all time. He also seems to advocate their murder, writing "[w]e are at fault in not slaying them".

-Martin Luther, founder of protestantism

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
So now the Lutherans want to kill me? Sorry but somehow that just doesn't strike fear into my heart.

What was someone saying about reality?

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy

Last edited by happyguy; 12-02-2012 at 19:14..
Old 12-02-2012, 19:13   #83
happyguy
Na Ben Don Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
It's not your place to make that determination on a Religious Issues forum. You're an atheist remember? What do you know about religion other than to criticize, demean and insult Christians?

Have the Glock Talk powers create an Atheist Issues forum for you to spew your atheism and paganism.
Oh come on JB! They are just trying to help us. They have our best interests at heart and they just want us to find enlightenment too!

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy
Old 12-02-2012, 19:18   #84
happyguy
Na Ben Don Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Wolf8634 View Post
Harmless Christians my achin ass!
That's right. Christians are organizing as I type this and we are going to hunt you down and find you. And when we do we are going to ...uh...um...shower you with brotherly love?

I'm not sure but you better be scared buddy!

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy

Last edited by happyguy; 12-02-2012 at 19:19..
Old 12-02-2012, 19:21   #85
TK-421

Quote:
That's right. Christians are organizing as I type this and we are going to hunt you down and find you. And when we do we are going to ...uh...um...shower you with brotherly love?

I'm not sure but you better be scared buddy!

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy
Christians are more likely to burn atheists at the stake for being heretics, than they ever are to actually accept them.
Old 12-02-2012, 19:22   #86
RyanBDawg

Quote:
So now the Lutherans want to kill me? Sorry but somehow that just doesn't strike fear into my heart.

What was someone saying about reality?

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy
It says something about religion. That the belief that an invisible man in the sky exists and humans somehow speak for it makes sense.

There are a few million dead jews who would probably would disagree with you.

Glock 26 w/CTC Lasergrips, and Trijicon Sights = Daily Carry

Last edited by RyanBDawg; 12-02-2012 at 19:26..
RyanBDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 19:26   #87
happyguy
Na Ben Don Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
Can you not read? I said that YOU calling someone an elitist is showing your lack of common courtesy.
He essentially said working class Southerners are stupid. Do you not agree that is elitist?

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy
Old 12-02-2012, 19:29   #88
happyguy
Na Ben Don Chat

Quote:
It says something about religion.
No, it says something about Martin Luther. All the conclusions you draw about religion from that blurb are just simplistic extrapolations.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy
Old 12-02-2012, 19:30   #89
happyguy
Na Ben Don Chat

Quote:

There are a few million dead jews who would probably would disagree with you.

What belief have I posted that a few million dead Jews disagree with?

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy
Old 12-02-2012, 19:35   #90
happyguy
Na Ben Don Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
Christians are more likely to burn atheists at the stake for being heretics, than they ever are to actually accept them.
You better hide buddy, I hear the Mennonites are after you. Maybe you should get some asbestos underwear.

Do you seriously not understand how stupid your posts are?

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy

Last edited by happyguy; 12-02-2012 at 19:36..
Old 12-02-2012, 20:07   #91
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Quote:
A bit off topic but I see your sig line and I see who it quotes. Seems to me like both of you are beneath engaging. So rather than acknowledging you as a human being who is fit to have a discusion with I will simply bid both of you adieu.

You guys really are the lowest common denominator. I personally think the two of you are the epitome of everything that is wrong with this once great nation. May God have mercy on us all.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy

So I ask you to back up a comment that you made by providing examples and now I'm not fit to interact with?

And all that "once great nation, god have mercy" garbage just really makes me

That's how I know the change is getting to you much more than your resistance to it is getting to me.
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 20:32   #92
TK-421

Quote:
You better hide buddy, I hear the Mennonites are after you. Maybe you should get some asbestos underwear.

Do you seriously not understand how stupid your posts are?

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy
Oh so my posts are stupid? At least I back up what I say, instead of saying something and then dancing around with my fingers in my ears going "LALALALALALA!!!!!" at the top of my lungs to drown out the responses.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:42   #93
English

Quote:
Can you dumb that down for me?
I have no idea what you're trying to say?
Thank you for that. It clarifies some of the lingering doubts I had about you.

Put it another way. If you couldn't understand what was said in that post, you should think more and post less.

English
English is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:47   #94
English

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japle View Post
You’re giving yourself too much credit. We hate the ignorance, not the ignoramus. And you have nothing to envy.
Delightful. I am still laughing as I write.

English
Old 12-03-2012, 10:54   #95
English

Quote:
"In 1543 Luther published On the Jews and Their Lies in which he says that the Jews are a "base, whoring people, that is, no people of God, and their boast of lineage, circumcision, and law must be accounted as filth."They are full of the "devil's feces ... which they wallow in like swine."The synagogue was a "defiled bride, yes, an incorrigible whore and an evil slut ..."He argues that their synagogues and schools be set on fire, their prayer books destroyed, rabbis forbidden to preach, homes razed, and property and money confiscated. They should be shown no mercy or kindness, afforded no legal protection, and these "poisonous envenomed worms" should be drafted into forced labor or expelled for all time. He also seems to advocate their murder, writing "[w]e are at fault in not slaying them".

-Martin Luther, founder of protestantism

Here I am having my ignorance exposed again! I have spent more than a few words being grateful to Martin Luther for founding Protestantism since it was that which made freedom possible, and with it atheism without the risk of being executed in varous nasty ways by the state. I supose I should still be grateful, but it remains something of a shock to discover that Hitler was a direct intellectual heir of Luther. If I was not prohibited by my atheist hierarchy on pain of excomunication from saying so, I might comment that God moves in mysterious ways.

English
Old 12-03-2012, 11:04   #96
English

Quote:
It's not your place to make that determination on a Religious Issues forum. You're an atheist remember? What do you know about religion other than to criticize, demean and insult Christians?

Have the Glock Talk powers create an Atheist Issues forum for you to spew your atheism and paganism.
Can I point out that pagans usually believe in some kind of god. Atheism is quite a modern invention and excludes belief in any kind of god.

English
Old 12-03-2012, 11:13   #97
English

Quote:
Those obvious corruptions and abuses of power are nothing compared to the good that Christianity has done in this world.

This is a debatable point. Christianity has shored up despicable Kings, Princes, Emperors and so on from some time before the year 1,000, which was supposed by them to be the end of the world, to the present day. Only in the last three and a bit centuries did that change in just a few countries. Even then, conquest and slave trading continued with the sanction of the Church. Along the way they have been responsible for urging on interminable wars between Protestant and Catholic nations with their dead or maimed victims littering the centuries. It is fair to say that the Mujslims have done worse at a faster rate, but that is no excuse.

Could you give us a list of the good things that Christianity has done that has been worth all this cost?

English
Old 12-03-2012, 11:20   #98
English

Quote:
Yes, I did.

Why is it posted in a Religious Issues forum?
What's religious about it?
It might just be that it is an issue about religion.

English
Old 12-03-2012, 11:37   #99
English

Quote:
I for one am grateful to the enlightened ones for attempting to bring the faithful into the 21st century.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy
The term "enlightened" is a strange word to use for atheists. We are, in a way, a creation of the Enlightenment which saw the necessity of separating Church and State, but that is as much a foundation of America as of any other proper secular state. (I exclude things like Communists states which are often described as secular when they are not.) In that sense, at a stretch, we could be called enlightened, but "Englightenment" is usually used to indicate those struck by religion, as with a blinding flash. That is an emotional reaction at a low level of the brain. Atheism is more concerned with the conscious level of the brain.

Just a thought.

English
Old 12-03-2012, 13:45   #100
Roering
Sorting nuts

Quote:
This forum is titled Religious Issues.

The truth is this is a Christian bashing forum, dominated by atheists, and should be renamed.

Irreverent and at times insulting, but as one who has spent time in a very anti Christian country I wouldn't call it bashing. Nobody here is receiving death threats, having their property burned down, having themselves or their family raped, being spat on in public, or having their place of worship torched or sprayed by bullets.

This is nothing more than anonymous rhetoric.