Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-02-2012, 15:06   #41
happyguy
Man, I'm Pretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
No it isn't. You are only tolerant of people that agree with you. You never even addressed Grape's points because they immediately pointed out your hypocrisy. I'm sure you'd actually rather keep having this back and forth with me as long as you don't have to address your true intolerance.

Nietzsche can be quoted in public school for the same Reason Socrates can. They aren't religious figures. If you want to exclude every great thinker from public school simply because they aren't religious figures then we might as well teach ABC and 123 and cut the little uneducated idiots loose.

Jesus may not be quoted in public schools for the same reason Muhammad may not... because religion is not something for public educators to be presenting to children. That's up to the parents to decide. See... no intolerance there... just making it the parents choice.

In a world where the bible is allowed into the public schools... would you be ok with the Koran and possibly even the book of Scientology? What about the Satanic Bible?
Such hatred...

And before you deny it, I have seen your posts in other threads as well.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy
Proverbs 21:31 The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but victory is of the LORD.

"I refuse to tip-toe through life only to arrive at death safely."
happyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 15:08   #42
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyguy View Post
Such hatred...

And before you deny it, I have seen your posts in other threads as well.
See, you can't even begin to defend your stance. You just turn it back around and attempt to run.

Let's bring the Bible into public schools. But let's also bring the Satanic Bible as well. And teach them both as equally valid. What's wrong with that?

Theory:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Grace:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Big Bang:

Last edited by Glock36shooter; 12-02-2012 at 15:09..
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 15:09   #43
happyguy
Man, I'm Pretty

Quote:
See, you can't even begin to defend your stance. You just turn it back around and attempt to run.
Whatever, your posts are there for all to see.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy
Proverbs 21:31 The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but victory is of the LORD.

Old 12-02-2012, 15:10   #44
happyguy
Man, I'm Pretty

Quote:
Let's bring the Bible into public schools. But let's also bring the Satanic Bible as well. And teach them both as equally valid. What's wrong with that?
Who said to bring the Bible into public schools? Can't you even stay on topic for one single post?

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy

Last edited by happyguy; 12-02-2012 at 15:11..
Old 12-02-2012, 15:28   #45
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Who said to bring the Bible into public schools? Can't you even stay on topic for one single post?
Sorry, I thought quoting Jesus in public school would mean introducing the bible. Was he involved with other fictional books other than the bible?

Theory:

Grace:

Big Bang:
Old 12-02-2012, 15:28   #46
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Whatever
Brilliant come back.

Theory:

Grace:

Big Bang:
Old 12-02-2012, 15:30   #47
happyguy
Man, I'm Pretty

Quote:
Brilliant come back.
Nice edit. I guess the truth hurts.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy

Old 12-02-2012, 15:42   #48
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Nice edit. I guess the truth hurts.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy
I don't have a problem with anything I've posted.

You still continue to dance around the questions directed at you.

Keep dodging.

Theory:

Grace:

Big Bang:
Old 12-02-2012, 15:45   #49
happyguy
Man, I'm Pretty

Quote:
I don't have a problem with anything I've posted.

You still continue to dance around the questions directed at you.

Keep dodging.
And this bothers you so much, why?

I thought I made clear in the beginning that I didn't care what you think of me or my opinion. Why do you insist on trying to engage me in a discussion?

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy

Last edited by happyguy; 12-02-2012 at 15:46..
Old 12-02-2012, 16:19   #50
Glock36shooter

Quote:
I thought I made clear in the beginning that I didn't care what you think of me or my opinion. Why do you insist on trying to engage me in a discussion?
Which brings us back around to troll. Thank you for proving my point.

Theory:

Grace:

Big Bang:
Old 12-02-2012, 16:56   #51
happyguy
Man, I'm Pretty

Quote:
Which brings us back around to troll. Thank you for proving my point.
I still don't care about your stupid opinions or your name calling.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy

Last edited by happyguy; 12-02-2012 at 16:57..
Old 12-02-2012, 17:21   #52
Glock36shooter

Quote:
I still don't care about your stupid opinions or your name calling.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy
Obvious Troll is obvious.

Theory:

Grace:

Big Bang:
Old 12-02-2012, 20:13   #53
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member

happyguy,
Just as I was sincere when I wrote, "I'll try to read the full article when I'm not on my phone", I'm hoping that you were also sincere when you suggested, "You also might try reading the article.", and that you'd be willing to discuss the article.

I've now had the chance to read the article, and found the article particularly sensationalist, and not wanting to launch another 2000+ message thread that won't die, I'll let one portion of the article slide.

Let's take for example the following quote suggesting that Christians are taking the high road, "people of faith haven't sued to remove statues of atheists from public property".

Well, what legal standing would they have for such a lawsuit? The author accuses atheists of false dichotomies, but this is absolutely a false comparison. The lawsuit by atheists is to remove a statue of Jesus (God!), not a lawsuit to remove a statue of a figure that was religious. I doubt that any atheists are suing to remove a statue of Dwight D. Eisenhower just because he was Presbyterian.

Overall, my initial points about the text you quoted remain valid.

The assertion is that if Jesus was a mortal man it should be okay to quote Him at a public high school graduation, because He would just be another man.

Christians reject Muhammad as a prophet, so he was just a man, so you're cool with him being quoted at graduation, no different than Nietzsche, right? Everybody's cool with the teachings of Ellen G. White being shared at graduation? She was just a woman. Maybe a little Buddhism or Scientology? Again, those are also just the teachings of other men.

thanks,
-ArtificialGrape
ArtificialGrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 21:00   #54
brtarr

Quote:
So if I don't care to have a conversation with you about my religion that makes me a troll? How convenient for your ego.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy
Seems to me you started the the conversation, so you don't care to debate it?
brtarr is offline   Reply With Quote