SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-03-2012, 01:22   #1
snerd

Bob Costas Interrupts Sunday Night Football With Gun Control Lecture

Quote:
Writer Jason Whitlock, with whom I do not always agree but today said it so well that we may as well just quote or paraphrase from the end of his article.

Our current gun culture, Whitlock wrote, ensures that more and more domestic disputes will end in the ultimate tragedy, and that more convenience-store confrontations over loud music coming from a car will leave more teenage boys bloodied and dead.

Handguns do not enhance our safety. They exacerbate our flaws, tempt us to escalate arguments, and bait us into embracing confrontation rather than avoiding it.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/nbcs...ntrol-lecture/

It's a shame that the liberal media "always" (24/7) has a bully pulpit for their half-baked theories on Constitutional law.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
snerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:37   #2
nursetim

Another person I don't listen to and holds no sway with me voices their obtuse opinion. To bad a great many people hear his diatribe. Unfortunately, more than a few will take his opinion to heart.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:21   #3
71Commander

I'd be willing to bet that Costas owns a gun.

Most gun grabbers do.
NRA member

Last edited by 71Commander; 12-03-2012 at 06:22..
71Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:25   #4
G17Jake

I always assumed the majority of the sports media was anti-gun.
G17Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:16   #5
DonGlock26

Why don't progressives call for the banning of Islam after another terror attack or honor beheading?
Old 12-03-2012, 09:18   #6
snerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonGlock26 View Post
Why don't progressives call for the banning of Islam after another terror attack or honor beheading?
Good question. I'm dialing Hillary as we speak.

Damn! Can't get past that Huma girl. You know, the Muslim girl that helps Hillary set policy!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:22   #7
JFrame

Quote:
Handguns do not enhance our safety. They exacerbate our flaws, tempt us to escalate arguments, and bait us into embracing confrontation rather than avoiding it.
Who is this "us"?

Does Costas have a mouse in his pocket?

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:27   #8
Gregoire G
Platinum Membership

He has one up his ass.
Gregoire G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:29   #9
snerd

Quote:
The online reaction to Costas' segment was swift, with many people criticizing the broadcaster for expressing his personal views on a program meant for entertainment.
http://t.foxsports.msn.com/costas-ad...or-gun-control

Old 12-03-2012, 10:03   #10
Arc Angel
Deus Vult!

Hmmm, ....... I guess Bob Costas never heard of: knives, baseball bats, shovels, or even tire chains and rope! Poor damned fool! Why do people like Bob Costas (and all of the other godless atheists we have around here) so completely fail to realize that it is neither the presence nor the absence of weapons - especially firearms - that guarantees the public safety?

The only truly effective way to guarantee the public's safety is to return America to being a God-fearing, God-believing, and God-worshipping nation. Without a popularly recognized and admired, 'Godhead' public morality is going to remain, 'in the crapper' where it presently is, right now!

Ultimately, absolutely nobody - peasants and politicians alike - is going to be safe. If the godless cretins don't murder you one way, then they'll surely murder you another. 'Guns' have nothing to do with how an ordinary man comports himself - Nothing! Popularly taught and agreed public morality does that.

(In other words - and for the more spiritually obtuse among us - the Ten Commandments remain valid, and SHOULD be returned to our public schools.)

Bob Costas, and a whole lot of other (essentially godless) people, need to understand this most basic psychological reality of human behavior. The Holy Bible AND guns really do belong together.
Arc Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:06   #11
callihan_44
INFIDEL

and yet he is promoting a sport that is violent to a degree, the gun was only a tool. He could have easily mowed her down with an suv- sports car
callihan_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:11   #12
Skyhook

Send a message via Yahoo to Skyhook

Quote:
Originally Posted by snerd View Post
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/nbcs...ntrol-lecture/

It's a shame that the liberal media "always" (24/7) has a bully pulpit for their half-baked theories on Constitutional law.

Another fine example of one of our idiots in full bloom.
Skyhook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:16   #13
jeanderson
Platinum Membership
Toga!... Toga!

I never heard of Jason Whitlock (witless) before, but he articulates so well all of the idiotic talking points of the anti-gun crowd. Indeed, this diatribe captures all the mindless drivle of the Brady bunch...
Quote:
Handguns do not enhance our safety.
Spoken by someone who I am positive never picked up a gun in their life. I never owned a gun until early this year; now I carry every day and have never felt safer.
Quote:
... They exacerbate our flaws ...
People that say things like this are indeed deeply flawed and should not own a gun.
Quote:
... tempt us to escalate arguments ...
I would agree when the "us" is a gang-banger who goes around looking for trouble. Too bad judges don't do their jobs in putting these criminals away.
Quote:
... bait us into embracing confrontation rather than avoiding it ...
So if you carry a gun, it's like your whole persona changes - you're just itchin' to shoot someone, right?

If you've never fired a weapon or picked one up, you're tempted to view a gun as an offensive device for committing crime and violence. If you're a law-abiding gun owner, you view a gun solely as a defensive weapon of last resort, to use in a world increasingly filled with crazies.
The Gods of the Copybook Headings with terror and slaughter return!
- Rudyard Kipling, 1919

jeanderson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:35   #14
cowboy1964

If it weren't for the handgun everything would have been just fine for Belcher.

This was a guy who probably could have killed his g/f with one punch. If his g/f had had a gun she might still be alive. Stick that up your pipe , Costas.

Last edited by cowboy1964; 12-03-2012 at 10:38..
cowboy1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:41   #15
Gundude

Maybe we should ban football players instead of guns.

Political Issues
Gundude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:03   #16
Gunnut 45/454

Well lets look at the facts of the shooting- BF was upset cause GF was leaving him! Maybe for another man or women -never know these days! BF is one of those -your my GF and you can never have another types BF kills GF then himself! Happens more often then people relise! Him doing it with a gun is nothing ! As big as he was he could have just broke her neck with his bare hands! Wouldn't have changed the out come one bit! Sad situation but this it nothing new!
Old 12-03-2012, 14:44   #17
JohnH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
Maybe we should ban football players instead of guns.

Political Issues

This^ Narcissistic sociopaths energized on PEDs and "recreational" drugs; also known as professional athletes.
JohnH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 14:55   #18
17119jfkioe

I never liked that guy

thou shalt not walk around with doo doo on thy tallywacker.
17119jfkioe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 16:04   #19
hogship
It's MY Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc Angel View Post
Hmmm, ....... I guess Bob Costas never heard of: knives, baseball bats, shovels, or even tire chains and rope! Poor damned fool! Why do people like Bob Costas (and all of the other godless atheists we have around here) so completely fail to realize that it is neither the presence nor the absence of weapons - especially firearms - that guarantees the public safety?

The only truly effective way to guarantee the public's safety is to return America to being a God-fearing, God-believing, and God-worshipping nation. Without a popularly recognized and admired, 'Godhead' public morality is going to remain, 'in the crapper' where it presently is, right now!

Ultimately, absolutely nobody - peasants and politicians alike - is going to be safe. If the godless cretins don't murder you one way, then they'll surely murder you another. 'Guns' have nothing to do with how an ordinary man comports himself - Nothing! Popularly taught and agreed public morality does that.

(In other words - and for the more spiritually obtuse among us - the Ten Commandments remain valid, and SHOULD be returned to our public schools.)

Bob Costas, and a whole lot of other (essentially godless) people, need to understand this most basic psychological reality of human behavior. The Holy Bible AND guns really do belong together.
Rush Limbaugh must have read your post, AA.....amazing!

I see you posted this before Rush was on the air, and he expressed nearly everything you've said in this post on his program today.

I must clarify that atheists don't necessarily have unethical moral concepts......but, there is one distinct difference: Atheists don't believe there is a price to pay for bad behavior, so long as they aren't caught.

ooc
Visit my Vietnam photo album, 1968-69 click on link

hogship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 16:37   #20
Gundude

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogship View Post
I must clarify that atheists don't necessarily have unethical moral concepts......but, there is one distinct difference: Atheists don't believe there is a price to pay for bad behavior, so long as they aren't caught.
No, there's no price to pay for bad behavior if one isn't caught. Is it the fact that there's always a price to pay that dissuades the religious person from doing bad? Is it not possible for a person, religious or not, to refrain from doing bad things simply out of respect for others' rights, and not out of fear of the price?
Gundude is offline   Reply With Quote