Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-03-2012, 14:49   #61
neon

Animal Mother
No, I'm still hoping to find out what you're good at.

Answer:Molly:
My husband says I'm good at many things.

Animal Mother
False. Writing didn't develop until around 2700 BCE, 4700 years ago. Notably, once developed it doesn't disappear when the supposed Flood would have happened. Nor did anyone bother to write anything like, "Gosh, it sure is raining a lot the last few days."

So you do agree that man did not make himself known until 4,700 years ago. Well, Gosh how in the world did we find out about the big flood?

Animal Mother
There was no mankind prior to the invention of writing? What about all the groups who didn't develop writing until relatively recently. Did they not exist until then?

I suppose so, man's inventiveness was extraordinarily moved by this knowledge. Cain was the first person who wanted to serve God according to his own ideas; he thus became the founder of the first religion. His brother acted according to God's will and is held up as an example of having faith that pleases God. Refer to Hebrews 11:4. This shows that God pleasing faith was present right from the very beginning.
Hebrews 11:4
By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.

Animal Mother
How is God going to make this known? You've ignored science up to this point, why would you change your mind now?

You have me wrong. I think science is wonderful in many ways. But, when you try to make it sound as if theories are true facts you go too far. What do you think of the new theories of the earth making people instead of God?

Animal Mother
Always an enjoyable line of creationist drivel. Do you spend all your time worrying that gravity is going to suddenly stop working, since you can't "prove" it's a constant?

No, I take gravity for granted.

Molly

+++
Proverbs 6:32to34
But whoso committeth adultery with a woman lacketh understanding: he that doeth it destroyeth his own soul. A wound and dishonor shall he get; and his reproach shall not be wiped away. For jealousy is the rage of a man: therefore he will not spare in the day of vengeance.
neon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 15:16   #62
Glock30Eric
.45 ACP

You all know what I have to say, so I don't need to repeat it. /endofthetrollpost
Glock30Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 15:37   #63
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by neon View Post
So you are saying I am right and RCD is not accurate.
I am saying that in any case where it is found to be inaccurate it would not be relied upon. It isn't an all or nothing issue. That's the beautiful thing about the scientific method. Testing is done over and over and over again. Findings that are inconsistent or inaccurate are rejected for more consistent and more accurate findings.

Quote:
The Bible tells us how God wants us to live.
No, the bible tells us how ancient desert savages say God said he wants us to live. But it's not true. It's evident by the way they borrowed and twisted most of their myths and legends from other cultures. It's obvious by how they worshiped many gods and only later narrowed it down to one. It's obvious by the historical and scientific inaccuracies in the book. It's just a collection of stories written by very uneducated men.

Quote:
It only provides a philosophical viewpoint. It is a guess. IMHO.
You are incorrect. It is true that a Theory is the best conclusion. But it's far from a guess or an estimate. It is the best conclusion drawn from MOUNTAINS of evidence and testing. And a good theory can also make accurate predictions. It is FAR from a guess. They fact that you think this is so only illustrates your ignorance of the process.

Quote:
Oh, I think I am getting it. You are guessing this happened, You have no way of proving it because you can't go back billions of years to prove your guess.
Don't need to go back. There is far more evidence proving this is so than there is to support your magic story time book. The bible can't even get it's history right in places... and it is supposed to be written by people that were there.

Quote:
Life sprang for from what? Soup?
Why is that so hard to believe. Go scoup up a bucket full of dark murky creek water sometime. It's TEAMING with life. Water is the key to life on this planet. Our bodies contain huge amounts of it. We're really just highly organized walking soup.

Quote:
Then after billions of years we developed a brain that never forgets and everything is retained in our sub-conscience.
Who said we never forget? I forget stuff all the time. I'm not sure what you're babbling about now.

Quote:
When we sin man's spirit becomes sick.
No such thing as sin or a spirit.

Quote:
When we repent we are born again,
We are born once. And then eventually we die. This is the pattern that nature shows us to be a fact.

Quote:
our spirit comes alive.
No such thing.

Quote:
How do you explain the workings of our brain. If you are so intelligent where does this intelligents come from?
I'd need to know more about what you mean. Do you mean our knowledge because that is learned as we grow. Babies are pretty stupid. Or do you mean man's capacity to learn? We're simply the most advanced form of life on this planet. Our craftiness was our survival tool. If the dinosaurs weren't mostly killed off there'd be a different dominant life form on this planet now. Perhaps some kind of sentient reptile of sorts.

Quote:
But, I gave you an answer. You just don't like it.
No you didn't you just said your bible doesn't provide answers to life's questions in different words. You trust there is a bigger plan and he has mysterious ways. But this is just a smoke screen for not knowing.

Quote:
I believe this was your idea.
No, you said he was gonna use all the extra planets for house dead people.

Quote:
Of course science is trying to subvert the Christian faith.
Nope. It's just a bi-product. The more we know... the less we need to believe in fairy tales and magic.

Quote:
Why would they have theories that we are made from the earth and such things. God made us from the earth, the earth did not make us. God breathed the breath of life into us.
No he didn't. We evolved just like everything else on this planet.

Quote:
That we came from some creature no one can identify. What about conscience and memories and the brain?
What about it. Dogs have brains. They remember... they have memories. They have dreams on some level. It's not an indication of a spirit or soul.

Quote:
You only show material things. Nothing to do with the spirit and soul.
Inventions of man and fictional.

Quote:
How can you believe something comes from nothing?
I don't believe anything. What I know is that your magic book and religion are just as full of crap as the rest of them. Just archaic nonsense from man's infancy.

Theory:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Grace:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Big Bang:
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 21:57   #64
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
when you try to make it sound as if theories are true facts you go too far.
Quote:
A theory is good when it can be refuted. If it survives it becomes a "natural law." It only provides a philosophical viewpoint. It is a guess. IMHO.
It's clear that you don't understand how scientists use the terms fact, law and theory.

The first 2 minutes 45 seconds of this video will help explain how the terms are used by scientists.

-ArtificialGrape
ArtificialGrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 22:03   #65
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
You have me wrong. I think science is wonderful in many ways.
Actually, like any Young Earth Creationist you must ignore major tenets of physics/cosmology, chemistry, biology, botany, geology, paleontology and anthropology in order to maintain your dogma, so it's hard to see how you're much a fan of science.

-ArtificialGrape
ArtificialGrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 22:36   #66
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun

Quote:
My husband says I'm good at many things.
If that is true, you've managed to completely conceal them in this venue.
Quote:
So you do agree that man did not make himself known until 4,700 years ago.
No, I agree that writing developed then. Man made himself known much, much earlier. The Solutrean culture dates to 21,000 years ago and cave paintings date to 40,000 years ago.
Quote:
Well, Gosh how in the world did we find out about the big flood?
Someone wrote down a story about it in a book of mythology about 2600 years ago.
Quote:
I suppose so, man's inventiveness was extraordinarily moved by this knowledge.
So to your "koalas come from seeds" hypothesis, we now can add "People spring into existence when they learn to write".
Quote:
Cain was the first person who wanted to serve God according to his own ideas; he thus became the founder of the first religion. His brother acted according to God's will and is held up as an example of having faith that pleases God. Refer to Hebrews 11:4. This shows that God pleasing faith was present right from the very beginning.
Hebrews 11:4
By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.
We're talking about facts, not mythology. Do you have any evidence of the existence of either Cain or his brother?
Quote:
You have me wrong.
This seems highly unlikely.
Quote:
I think science is wonderful in many ways.
Then why do you ignore it so regularly?
Quote:
But, when you try to make it sound as if theories are true facts you go too far.
No, it is you who go to far when you intentionally misrepresent the concept of theories, even after your error has been explained.
Quote:
What do you think of the new theories of the earth making people instead of God?
I've got no idea what you're talking about here. But then, I've resigned myself to that situation.
Quote:
Why? It's "Just a theory".
Old 12-04-2012, 11:01   #67
neon

Glock36shooter
I am saying that in any case where it is found to be inaccurate it would not be relied upon. It isn't an all or nothing issue. That's the beautiful thing about the scientific method. Testing is done over and over and over again. Findings that are inconsistent or inaccurate are rejected for more consistent and more accurate findings.

Quote: K R Popper:
No theorems of the experimental sciences can be proved; they are only more , or less, strongly established: All knowledge is only inferential. They are weeded out by experience, bitter experiences, and they are replaced by better conjectures: (guesses) This is the only end result of experimentation in science.

Glock36shooter
No, the bible tells us how ancient desert savages say God said he wants us to live. But it's not true. It's evident by the way they borrowed and twisted most of their myths and legends from other cultures. It's obvious by how they worshiped many gods and only later narrowed it down to one. It's obvious by the historical and scientific inaccuracies in the book. It's just a collection of stories written by very uneducated men.

The Bible was written by men through the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.

Glock36shooter
You are incorrect. It is true that a Theory is the best conclusion. But it's far from a guess or an estimate. It is the best conclusion drawn from MOUNTAINS of evidence and testing. And a good theory can also make accurate predictions. It is FAR from a guess. The fact that you think this is so only illustrates your ignorance of the process.

Your knowledge is a guessing game, a network of hypotheses, a fabric of conjectures. To put it simply
a guessing game.

Glock36shooter
Why is that so hard to believe. Go scoup up a bucket full of dark murky creek water sometime. It's TEAMING with life. Water is the key to life on this planet. Our bodies contain huge amounts of it. We're really just highly organized walking soup.

Your theory is bogus because you believe the essence of the theory of evolution is contained in the statement that all systematic categories are eventually related; therefore all known organisms are descendants of one common ancestor.
This cannot be because there is no evidence of the categories going from one kind to another kind.

Glock36shooter
Don't need to go back. There is far more evidence proving this is so than there is to support your magic story time book. The bible can't even get it's history right in places... and it is supposed to be written by people that were there.

There is no scientific explanation for the origin of matter and energy and it is therefore necessary to assume that all the energy must have existed before our planet started making people several billions of years ago. How can this be?

Glock36shooter
Who said we never forget? I forget stuff all the time. I'm not sure what you're babbling about now.

Answer: Molly:
I am talking about the sub-conscience. Ever heard of that?

Glock36shooter
I'd need to know more about what you mean. Do you mean our knowledge because that is learned as we grow. Babies are pretty stupid. Or do you mean man's capacity to learn? We're simply the most advanced form of life on this planet. Our craftiness was our survival tool. If the dinosaurs weren't mostly killed off there'd be a different dominant life form on this planet now. Perhaps some kind of sentient reptile of sorts.

Don't you think Dinos evolved into birds? Or has that theory been proved wrong? Some birds are smart some even can repeat everything man says.

Glock36shooter
What about it. Dogs have brains. They remember... they have memories. They have dreams on some level. It's not an indication of a spirit or soul.

Does your dog tell you about what he dreams?

Molly

+++
Proverbs 14:2
He that walketh in his uprightness feareth the Lord: but he that is perverse in his ways despiseth him.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:08   #68
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot

Has anyone else noticed that it is typically the theists here that can't quite figure out how to use the features of the board correctly? Simple things like not being able to embed links or quote people properly or even not letting their post word wrap and instead hitting enter for a new line?

Last edited by Geko45; 12-04-2012 at 11:10..
Geko45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:57   #69
Glock36shooter

Quote:
No theorems of the experimental sciences can be proved; they are only more , or less, strongly established: All knowledge is only inferential. They are weeded out by experience, bitter experiences, and they are replaced by better conjectures: (guesses) This is the only end result of experimentation in science.
An opinion. If he can produce new evidence to the contrary of established theories it would most certainly be considered.

Quote:
The Bible was written by men through the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.
No it wasn't. It was written by desert savages who were self-appointed prophets and everyone else was too afraid to question them.

Quote:
Your knowledge is a guessing game, a network of hypotheses, a fabric of conjectures.
My knowledge is backed up with facts and evidence. Yours with fairy tales and nonsense.

Quote:
Your theory is bogus because you believe the essence of the theory of evolution is contained in the statement that all systematic categories are eventually related; therefore all known organisms are descendants of one common ancestor.
This cannot be because there is no evidence of the categories going from one kind to another kind.
Look at the transition from Dinos to birds. They're about as different at a glance as you can get. But inside they're very much the same.

Quote:
There is no scientific explanation for the origin of matter and energy and it is therefore necessary to assume that all the energy must have existed before our planet started making people several billions of years ago. How can this be?
Energy can actually produce matter. This is a fact. And there is mathematical calculations that illustrate that energy particles can arise from nothingness.

Quote:
I am talking about the sub-conscience. Ever heard of that?
What about it?

Quote:
Don't you think Dinos evolved into birds? Or has that theory been proved wrong? Some birds are smart some even can repeat everything man says.
Yes we know that birds are descendants of some dinosaurs. What's your point?

Quote:
Does your dog tell you about what he dreams?
In a way yes. You can watch them running in their sleep, snipping at things and sometimes even barking. It's clear they are experiencing some kind of dream state and their body is reacting to the brain activity. On what level they dream who knows for sure. But there is definitely some kind of dream activity present. Sometimes you'll see them jump wide awake looking around as if something were after them or as if they were after something that got away. It's clear they were experiencing something.

Theory:

Grace:

Big Bang:

Last edited by Glock36shooter; 12-04-2012 at 11:57..
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:17   #70
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

I gotta hand it to anyone who can go this many rounds with Molly. Just reading what she writes makes my teeth hurt.
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:21   #71
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
In a way yes. You can watch them running in their sleep, snipping at things and sometimes even barking. It's clear they are experiencing some kind of dream state and their body is reacting to the brain activity. On what level they dream who knows for sure. But there is definitely some kind of dream activity present. Sometimes you'll see them jump wide awake looking around as if something were after them or as if they were after something that got away. It's clear they were experiencing something.
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:28   #72
Japle
John, Viera, Fl

Quote:
Posted by Gunhaver:
I gotta hand it to anyone who can go this many rounds with Molly. Just reading what she writes makes my teeth hurt.
I agree. It’s like trying to have a conversation with a permanent resident of the psych ward who’s off her meds.

Last edited by Japle; 12-04-2012 at 12:37..
Japle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:28   #73
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot

Quote:
Demonstrably false. There is an extraordinary amount of evidence.

List of transitional fossils

Quote:
Again, demonstrably false, but I have no doubt you will go on repeating these falsehoods as if they had not been refuted over and over.

" target="_blank">http://youtu.be/PGF-k8i_yuo

Last edited by Geko45; 12-04-2012 at 12:31..
Old 12-04-2012, 12:32   #74
neon

Animal Mother:
No, I agree that writing developed then. Man made himself known much, much earlier. The Solutrean culture dates to 21,000 years ago and cave paintings date to 40,000 years ago.

I could agree that the Soutrean culture dates to maybe
10,000 years ago, but I wouldn't agree it was 21,000
years ago. What kind of method of dating were they using for the cave paintings?

Animal Mother:
Someone wrote down a story about it in a book of mythology about 2600 years ago.

So, you are referring to the Bible about Noah?

Animal Mother:
So to your "koalas come from seeds" hypothesis, we now can add "People spring into existence when they learn to write".

Same way you found out about Noah's Flood.

Animal Mother
We're talking about facts, not mythology. Do you have any evidence of the existence of either Cain or his brother?

I believe you will be able to talk to Cain in heaven if you ever have the faith. If you will be saved. Yes, that's the ticket you can also talk to Noah and ask him how he took care of all those animals.

Animal Mother:
Then why do you ignore it so regularly?

The Bible teaches that Adam and Eve were made at the
beginning.

Animal Mother:
No, it is you who go to far when you intentionally misrepresent the concept of theories, even after your error has been explained.

Belief in millions of years undermines the Bible's teaching on death and on the character of God.

Animal Mother:

Why? It's "Just a theory".

Because when I jump up and down I fall back to the ground,
therefore I know that the pull of gravity is pulling me back to the earth.

I do hope to meet you in heaven some day and settle this once and for all.

Molly

+++
Proverbs 16:4
The Lord hath made all things for himself; yea, even the
wicked for the day of evil.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:40   #75
neon

Geko45

Mumbo Jumbo.
Did you notice that guy had to put cotton in his ears to keep
his brain from falling OUT?

Molly
Proverbs 16:18
Pride goeth before destruction and an haughty spirit before a fall.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:51   #76
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot

Quote:
Mumbo Jumbo.
Did you notice that guy had to put cotton in his ears to keep
his brain from falling OUT?

Molly
Proverbs 16:18
Pride goeth before destruction and an haughty spirit before a fall.
That's about the answer I expected from you. Reread your own proverb and think carefully on your attitude.

Old 12-05-2012, 16:57   #77
neon

Geko45

That's about the answer I expected from you. Reread your own proverb and think carefully on your attitude.

That is not my proverb. I have several books of scripture that I write down as I read my Bible every day. That was just the next one. Did it hurt your feelings? If it did I'm sorry. Maybe God is speaking to you from the scriptures.

Molly

2 timothy 4:6to8
For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:02   #78
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun

Quote:
I could agree that the Soutrean culture dates to maybe
10,000 years ago, but I wouldn't agree it was 21,000
years ago.
Which would be significantly more compelling if it were accompanied by any evidence.
Quote:
What kind of method of dating were they using for the cave paintings?
Feel free to research the topic.
Quote:
So, you are referring to the Bible about Noah?
Or the Epic of Gilgamesh, take your pick.
Quote:
Same way you found out about Noah's Flood.
That's barely a coherent sentence, much less an answer to my statement.
Quote:
I believe you will be able to talk to Cain in heaven if you ever have the faith. If you will be saved. Yes, that's the ticket you can also talk to Noah and ask him how he took care of all those animals.
I asked for evidence, not what you believe.
Quote:
The Bible teaches that Adam and Eve were made at the beginning.
That's why you regularly ignore the conclusions of scientific investigations?
Quote:
Belief in millions of years undermines the Bible's teaching on death and on the character of God.
Which in no way compromises the reality of the age of the Earth and Universe.
Quote:
Because when I jump up and down I fall back to the ground,
therefore I know that the pull of gravity is pulling me back to the earth.
You know it for that jump. How do you know that will remain true for the next jump, or the one after that?
Old 12-06-2012, 08:13   #79
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot

Quote:
That is not my proverb. I have several books of scripture that I write down as I read my Bible every day. That was just the next one. Did it hurt your feelings? If it did I'm sorry. Maybe God is speaking to you from the scriptures.
It's not really possible for you or any other theist to hurt my feelings. We (at least me) aren't really riddled with guilt and self doubt the way most believers seem to think we are. Not prideful either, just comfortbale with who we are.

On the proverb, I just found it sad (and somewhat ironic) that you would post one of the few pieces of good advice that can be found in the bible without applying it's true message to that very same post.

Old 12-06-2012, 08:32   #80
neon

Animal Mother:
Which would be significantly more compelling if it were accompanied by any evidence.

You have no factual evidence.
Since time can flow at different rates from different points of view, events that would take a long time as measured by one person will take very little time as measured by another person. This also applies to distant starlight in deep space. that could reach the earth in only thousands of years as measured by clocks on earth. this would happen naturally if the earth is in a gravitational well.

Animal Mother:
Or the Epic of Gilgamesh, take your pick.

OK, I pick Noah.

Animal Mother:
That's barely a coherent sentence, much less an answer to my statement.

What statement?

Animal Mother:
I asked for evidence, not what you believe

I ask for factual evidence. Not guesses that you provide.

Animal Mother:
That's why you regularly ignore the conclusions of scientific investigations?

Well, that's your problem they are conclusions and not facts.

Animal Mother:

It compromises the reality of God's word. It is inconsistent with God creating everything in six days, as Scripture states.

It puts death, disease, and suffering before the Fall, contrary to Scripture.

Animal Mother:

Ooooooh, I see I should take the word of guesses instead of the Word of God.

Animal Mother:
You know it for that jump. How do you know that will remain true for the next jump, or the one after that?

Guess what, all the jumps I have made in a life time have worked out just fine.

Molly

+++
Luke 6:32
For if you love them which love you, what thank have ye? For sinners also love those that love them.