SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-04-2012, 14:13   #1
JBnTX
None

Christianophobia, Or Fear Of Christianity

I suspect a large number of self-proclaimed atheists on this forum are actually victims of Christianophobia, or a fear of Christianity.

Why are you so afraid of something that you don't even believe in? Don't deny it, for many of you reek with a fear, not only of Christians, but of God himself.

You may have read the Bible, but you don't understand the Bible.
You present the fewer mistakes of Christianity as the norm, and ignore the larger good that Christianity has done. You ask for proof and evidence, knowing that you'll never accept it. You have no concept of Faith.

One might think you're possessed, but Christians know that not even the devil himself would venture near you. Even the devil is smart enough to believe in God.

So why do you fear Christianity?

Christianophobia
http://www.allaboutcounseling.com/li...istianophobia/

Christianophobia deals with the extreme fear of Christians or the Christian faith.

There are several ways to spot someone who may be Christianophobic:

Conflicting religious views that lead to an intolerance of other religions outside of their own.

An irrational fear that Christians are conforming together to take over the majority of the world.

A fear that if Christians are not “stopped” they will do the same to their own religion.

Avoidance of Christians.

Radically violent or complete intolerance of the Christian religion.

JBnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 14:25   #2
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
I suspect a large number of self-proclaimed atheists on this forum are actually victims of Christianophobia, or a fear of Christianity.

Why are you so afraid of something that you don't even believe in? Don't deny it, for many of you reek with a fear, not only of Christians, but of God himself.
Man, you're really starting to lose it aren't ya? Atheists don't fear God because it's silly to fear that which doesn't exist. It is the Christians who are commanded to fear God.

However we do fear the harm that religion can do to a society. Especially in this modern age where we simply no longer need religion to maintain order. At this point in mankind's development religion will only hinder us. It's apparent in the legislation that Christians attempt to shove down people's throats like bans on stem cell research and attempts to make abortion a crime. These are but two but it's a pattern in attempting to enforce a specific brand of morality on a populous that simply doesn't want it and would most certainly be held back by it. This is what we fear. We really don't fear the religion, or the god... it's the followers and what they might do in the name of their archaic mythology that worries us.

Quote:
Yes we do. And more often far better than the majority of believers. Studies have proven this.

Quote:
You present the fewer mistakes of Christianity as the norm, and ignore the larger good that Christianity has done.
It's more like 50/50. But even if it's 60/40... I think we can do better than that.

Quote:
You ask for proof and evidence, knowing that you'll never accept it.
You are again incorrect. We'd love some evidence. So far none has been forthcoming. If you could provide undeniable evidence I'd convert in a second.

Quote:
You have no concept of Faith.
Yes we do. Faith is accepting something as true for which you have no proof. And in this modern age when we know so much about our origins and that of the universe... faith has become believing in something when all evidence points to the contrary. Faith has become equatable to willful ignorance.
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 14:28   #3
Roering
Sorting nuts

I can't remember who, but recall either King or Vic having a fear of Catholics trying to take over the world. It's an SDA thing I guess.
Old 12-04-2012, 14:36   #4
ColdSteelNail

What a ridiculous rant.
ColdSteelNail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 14:39   #5
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdSteelNail View Post
What a ridiculous rant.
He thinks he's smart but he can't compete with the brain power in this forum so he's starting to just throw tantrums like a child that has been disciplined.

He wants to play the victim as if he's so put upon and oppressed.

Boooo Hooooo Hoooo
Old 12-04-2012, 14:39   #6
FCoulter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roering View Post
I can't remember who, but recall either King or Vic having a fear of Catholics trying to take over the world. It's an SDA thing I guess.
Roaering you only have Vic to worry about now since King is no longer with us ..lol
FCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 14:48   #7
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot

The OP is presenting yet another plea to emmotion. It's not a rational argument and it ignores the anectdotal stories like mine and others here that spent a good deal of their life trying to make faith work only to eventually be forced to abandon it when logic and reason overwhelmed our capacity for believing in myth.

I really wanted to believe in it, the bible (at least the latter half) presents such a beautiful story, but it was just to absurd for a rational mind to accept.
CavDoc: "If you have to pretend that a person with a different opinion has an opinion other than his own in order to score points in an argument, you've forfeited any points that you pretended to have."
CavDoc: "You consider yourself as non-religious, and I consider you a religious zealot."

JBnTX: "Freedom of religion doesn't mean you can worship any God, anyway you see fit or not even worship any God if you so choose. [...] Christianity should be the only religion protected under the constitution, and congress shall make no law restricting its practice."
Geko45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 15:22   #8
Japle
John, Viera, Fl

It’s hard to believe someone could have such a skewed opinion of Atheists. That is, unless you’ve already read some of JB’s posts.

A loud and furious stream of absurdities, signifying nothing.
Japle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 15:24   #9
TK-421

Quote:
I suspect a large number of self-proclaimed christians on this forum are actually victims of Homophobia, or a fear of Homosexuals.

Why are you so afraid of something that you don't even believe in? Don't deny it, for many of you reek with a fear, not only of Homosexuals, but of Mr. Sulu himself.

You present the fewer mistakes of Homosexual Catholic Priests as the norm, and ignore the larger good that Homosexuals have done. You ask for proof and evidence, knowing that you'll never accept it. You have no concept of what makes Homosexuals decent people.

One might think you're possessed, but Homosexuals know that not even God himself would venture near you. Even the Homosexuals are smart enough to be decent people.

So why do you fear Homosexuals?

Homophobia
http://www.adl.org/hate-patrol/homophobia.asp

Homophobia is the hatred or fear of homosexuals - that is, lesbians and gay men - sometimes leading to acts of violence and expressions of hostility. Homophobia is not confined to any one segment of society, and can be found in people from all walks of life. Organized hate groups have viciously attacked homosexuals and have used especially violent language in attempting to persecute and intimidate them.

TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 15:49   #10
steveksux
Massive Member

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Fear of fundamentalist christians making our kids stupid in science classes contaminated with superstitious nonsense. Our should I say nonscience?

On another note, is there an award for starting the most threads based entirely on logical fallacies? Jb seems to be making a push in the home stretch in these waning days of the year. I'm guessing that's it, you don't suppose he really believes this crap, do you?

Randy

Last edited by steveksux; 12-04-2012 at 15:52..
steveksux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 16:07   #11
Lone Wolf8634
Misanthrope

Remember.....in that other thread.....I wrote .......that I hang out here because of all the insane people??????

Hi OP

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson
Lone Wolf8634 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 16:38   #12
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveksux View Post
posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Fear of fundamentalist christians making our kids stupid in science classes contaminated with superstitious nonsense. Our should I say nonscience?

On another note, is there an award for starting the most threads based entirely on logical fallacies? Jb seems to be making a push in the home stretch in these waning days of the year. I'm guessing that's it, you don't suppose he really believes this crap, do you?

Randy
If I really had to guess what's going on in his head... it's the beginning of him losing his faith. I was the same way. I became enraged at non-believers for making all their sense and cried foul and played the victim. I lashed out because I was scared and confused because the comforting religion that had kept me warm and safe was failing apart around me. I think JB is on the edge of becoming an Atheist and he's lashing out at the ones breaking his chains. He's afraid we're dooming him to Hell for causing him to doubt his faith. He'd never admit it, and he'll fight it every step of the way... but I think we have a future free thinker on our hands... either that or a car bomber.
Old 12-04-2012, 16:55   #13
Roering
Sorting nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCoulter View Post
Roaering you only have Vic to worry about now since King is no longer with us ..lol
What happened to King?
Old 12-04-2012, 17:01   #14
G26S239
NRA Patron

Quote:
This is stupid even by your low standards JB. Isn't it the believers that are supposed to fear god?

Do you fear god JB?

Ecclesiasties 8:12
John 9:31
Acts 10:2
and various other places.
Old 12-04-2012, 17:02   #15
G26S239
NRA Patron

Do you reek with the fear of god JB?

Old 12-04-2012, 17:51   #16
FCoulter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roering View Post
What happened to King?
He told me he got a ban from the religion forum.
FCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 18:17   #17
mad220860

So since there is a lot of atheist on here i have a question about christmas. Do true atheist celebrate Christmas? Always wondered that as i know a lot of other people do not due to religious belief ect
mad220860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 18:24   #18
Sarge1400

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad220860 View Post
So since there is a lot of atheist on here i have a question about christmas. Do true atheist celebrate Christmas? Always wondered that as i know a lot of other people do not due to religious belief ect
I celebrate Christmas as a time to get together with family and friends, and exchange gifts. I guess you could say I view it as a commercial holiday. Like Valentine's day, but more expensive.
Sarge1400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 18:32   #19
G26S239
NRA Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad220860 View Post
I like Christmas. Observing it as a holiday does not cause me to believe there is/are god(s).
Old 12-04-2012, 18:41   #20
TK-421

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge1400 View Post
I celebrate Christmas as a time to get together with family and friends, and exchange gifts. I guess you could say I view it as a commercial holiday. Like Valentine's day, but more expensive.
That's how I do it too. I don't celebrate it as the birth of christ, I celebrate it as a time when our family gets together, we exchange gifts and enjoy each other's company.
Old 12-04-2012, 18:55   #21
Gills63

Most major christian holidays are rooted in older "conquered" peoples holidays. Most of these events are rooted in nature. Easter for example correlates to a time of rebirth,new beginning, etc. Its called Spring. Basically "'Sweet we survived another winter!" Of course Christianity had to tie this in somehow or the "savages" would have been annoyed at losing a regularly scheduled party.

So for me personally, I can respect celebrating that time of year...minus the zombie part.

Christmas is the same way. Evergreen trees have long been a symbol of life in an other wise dead time of year. I'm okay with the notion that " if that tree can survive this crap, then so can I". .But this whole killing first borns and then illegally sneaking into Egypt does not sound like a family oriented story.
Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Gills63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 19:00   #22
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member

Like previous others, I spend it with family and friends and exchange gifts. There is no religious significance attached -- no religious decor, no church service, no prayer, etc.

Sales at Best Buy -- the reason for the season.

-ArtificialGrape
ArtificialGrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 19:04   #23
TK-421

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gills63 View Post
But this whole killing first borns and then illegally sneaking into Egypt does not sound like a family oriented story.
Same with all the incest that had to happen, if we are really all descended from only two people.
Old 12-04-2012, 19:17   #24
juggy4711
Nimrod Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
If I really had to guess what's going on in his head... it's the beginning of him losing his faith. I was the same way. I became enraged at non-believers for making all their sense and cried foul and played the victim. I lashed out because I was scared and confused because the comforting religion that had kept me warm and safe was failing apart around me. I think JB is on the edge of becoming an Atheist and he's lashing out at the ones breaking his chains. He's afraid we're dooming him to Hell for causing him to doubt his faith. He'd never admit it, and he'll fight it every step of the way... but I think we have a future free thinker on our hands... either that or a car bomber.
That is some serious wishful thinking. As insane and contradictory as it is, I am certain JB believes every thing he posts.
juggy4711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 19:20   #25
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggy4711 View Post
That is some serious wishful thinking. As insane and contradictory as it is, I am certain JB believes every thing he posts.
Yep, this.

-ArtificialGrape
ArtificialGrape is offline   Reply With Quote