Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-04-2012, 08:15   #26
NMG26

Old 12-04-2012, 08:54   #27
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
Dang, how do you have issues with stuff you don't believe in?
Well two things... "Shut Up" is the short version of what he was saying. "Why do you guys even come here? You shouldn't even get to talk about religion." Blah blah blah. You guys sound like a broken record.

Second... religion is real. It has no merit... but it's real. And we have issues with it.

Quote:
That is like me saying I have issues with Santa Claus.
No, again you're bad at making analogies. It's like saying you have issues with Christmas. Which I do as well.

Quote:
Been away from RT for a month and look, things are still the same: Atheist continue to belittle Christians.
Awwww we 70% of the nation are victims... boooo hooo hooo.

Last edited by Glock36shooter; 12-04-2012 at 08:55..
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:11   #28
Sharkey

Not a victim, just stating a fact.

Granted the analogy could be better according to your ilk but do you believe a man named Jesus was God incarnate? No? Ok then my Santa analogy is correct.

You have issues with Christmas? Why am I not surprised. Celebrate festivus or nothing at all. What do I care.

Last edited by Sharkey; 12-04-2012 at 09:13..
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:40   #29
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Granted the analogy could be better according to your ilk
It would need to be a lot better as it was completely wrong. I don't have an issue with the God of the bible as no such being exists. I have issues with Christianity and Judaism and the adherents thereto.

Quote:
but do you believe a man named Jesus was God incarnate?
No... because he wasn't.

Quote:
No? Ok then my Santa analogy is correct.
No it isn't. I have no issue with the Christ Character. If there was ever really such a man at all he was more than likely a mentally ill, yet very smart, street preacher and political trouble maker. And he was killed for the things he said. No big deal. I have no issue with that as it's ancient history.

I have issues with the religion itself and the people that follow it. You're analogy is incorrect. Let's not do this all over again. You come in and make a stupid analogy that makes no sense. I point it out... and you spend 4 pages trying to defend it and making yourself look foolish.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:42   #30
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Not unless Santa Claus is used as a basis for regulating our lives, discriminating against those who don't believe in him, etc., like religion. I don't believe you people really don't get that.

Atheists complaining about religion is no different than capitalists complaining about communism.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:55   #31
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
Atheists complaining about religion is no different than capitalists complaining about communism.
He won't know what that means.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:54   #32
Sharkey

Your right, remember I'm a simpleton.

So Santa isn't used to modify kids behavior in Dec.? I can't believe "you people" don't get it.

How have I spent 4 pages trying to rationalize my stupid analogy (according to you)? This is like my 3rd post in this thread.

Go ahead have the last word, I know it will make you feel better. I've said everything I need to in this thread. You'll must be real fun at holiday functions.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:04   #33
Glock36shooter

Quote:
I'm a simpleton.
I know. But it's painful sometimeS watching act as though you aren't.

Quote:
So Santa isn't used to modify kids behavior in Dec.? I can't believe "you people" don't get it.
The ideal of Santa yes. He is a character just like Christ. I don't have an issue with the characters... I have an issue the ideologies that use these characters to brainwash and control people. I absolutely agree that Christmas is used to indoctrinate and brainwash children to prepare them to be religious slaves.

Quote:
How have I spent 4 pages trying to rationalize my stupid analogy (according to you)? This is like my 3rd post in this thread.
I thought it was clear I was speaking about past encounters.

Quote:
You'll must be real fun at holiday functions.
I assume you didn't mean to put the 'll on that... I don't really attend holiday functions. My friends and I have a few parties this time of year but it's never really Christmas oriented. Just friends getting together and having a good time. Our activities are quite non-christian.

Last edited by Glock36shooter; 12-04-2012 at 12:17..
Old 12-04-2012, 11:20   #34
Roering
Sorting nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
Then why is it the world's largest religion?
http://chartsbin.com/view/3nr

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0904108.html

Christianity 2.1 billion
Islam 1.5 billion
Hinduism 900 million
Buddhism 376 million
Sikhism 23 million
Judaism 14 million
Bahaism 7 million
Confucianism 6.3 million
Jainism 4.2 million
Shintoism 4 million

Atheism makes up 2.32% of the world's population, while Christianity makes up 33.32%.

93.5% of the world's population follows one religion or another and believes in a higher power.

2.32% (atheists) do not.

Can so few be right and so many be wrong?
What are the odds of that?
So by this logic I could say that Islam is almost twice as good as Hinduism? Give or take a few million.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:35   #35
scccdoc

Quote:

Been away from RT for a month and look, things are still the same: Atheist continue to belittle Christians.
It makes them happy
scccdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:06   #36
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
You don't believe in the teachings of Islam, so I don't suppose you can have any issue with them. After all, that would be like you having issues with Santa, right?

-ArtificialGrape

Last edited by ArtificialGrape; 12-04-2012 at 12:56..
ArtificialGrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 14:17   #37
Sharkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtificialGrape View Post
You don't believe in the teachings of Islam, so I don't suppose you can have any issue with them. After all, that would be like you having issues with Santa, right?

-ArtificialGrape
Ah, good one non believer.

I would draw a distinction in that Santa didn't blow us up on 911, doesn't wanna cut my head off for being an infidel, and doesn't have a "rape team" running around under the guidance of the brotherhood.

Your right though, I don't have an issue with the teachings of Islam (other than I think they are wrong yet you don't see me on Islamic forums). I have issues with radical islamists who view me as an infidel.

There, feel better?
Geez, what a bunch of tools some of you can be. I know, you don't believe. I know, we are a bunch of fools for believing. Thank Allah you'll can come here and sway some folks to atheism. It's just the simpletons who are stubborn like myself who refuse to see the light (so to speak).

Carry on with the belittling...............
Old 12-04-2012, 14:35   #38
Glock36shooter

Quote:
yet you don't see me on Islamic forums
Are you implying that this is a Christian Forum? Because you'd be fantastically wrong.
Old 12-04-2012, 15:52   #39
Sharkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
Are you implying that this is a Christian Forum? Because you'd be fantastically wrong.
I'm not fantastically implying anything. I also don't out words in other people's mouth like you do. I never stated Christmas was used to brainwash kids to be religious slave like you did a couple posts ago.

What I am saying (not implying) is that I find it humorous that a bunch of folks who don't believe in a god come here to belittle others who believe. Post here or don't but I would think enlightened folks wouldn't want to continue to debate with a bunch of simpletons who believe in supposedly crazy stuff.

I mean I understand debates between Catholics and Baptists or Muslims and Christians but for a bunch of folks who believe in nothing to hang out where folks like myself want to brainwash you and make you slaves..............
Old 12-04-2012, 15:58   #40
Schabesbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabo View Post
At one time a significant portion of the "educated" world thought the Earth was flat...
No, but at one time the uneducated people promulgated the false notion that "At one time a significant portion of the 'educated' world thought the Earth was flat..."

Ho kurios mou, kai ho theos mou
Schabesbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 16:04   #41
TK-421

Quote:
Post here or don't but I would think enlightened folks wouldn't want to continue to debate with a bunch of simpletons who believe in supposedly crazy stuff.
It's actually really funny some of the stuff religious people say, and how often they just ignore posts from people they don't like.

Take JB for example, he'll say something, a few people will totally blow it to bits and prove it wrong multiple times, and he'll just ignore them completely, as if they hadn't proved it wrong, and keep chugging along spewing crap, as if he's perfect, always right, never wrong, and it's everybody else who are the idiots.. It's quite entertaining to me.
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 16:32   #42
Glock36shooter

Quote:
I find it humorous that a bunch of folks who don't believe in a god come here to belittle others who believe.
"Booooo Hoooo this is a religious forum why do you guys come here? You don't even believe... why do you post here?"

I swear to your God like 99% of you people say this over and over and over again. It's pitiful.
Old 12-04-2012, 17:33   #43
ksg0245

Quote:
It isn't exactly that atheists have issues with stuff they don't believe in; it's that they have issues with believers forcing or attempting to force those beliefs on others. A few examples that immediately spring to mind; the drive to teach creationism in science class, the resistance to the legalization of homosexual marriage, the threats and assaults against organizations like Planned Parenthood, and the insistence that non-believers can't be moral or trusted.

Quote:
Well, no, it isn't; it's more like saying you have issues with Santa Claus believers insisting Santa is real and we should base laws and behaviors on his teachings.

Quote:
Yes, in the US, Christian oppression by a virtually powerless minority is well documented.
ksg0245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 17:37   #44
ksg0245

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ DBLTRBL View Post
Fair enough. You are free to believe or not. I just wish you'd be aware that what you say you will answer for....as we all will. Post away.
Really? Nobody ever said anything about having to answer for anything before. I'm convinced.
ksg0245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 18:12   #45
Phaze5ive

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the thousands of years of killings of non-Christians by Christians. That probably has something to do with why so many people are Christians now. Heathens, infidels, Christianity, Islam... it's all the same crap.
Phaze5ive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 18:59   #46
TK-421

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaze5ive View Post
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the thousands of years of killings of non-Christians by Christians. That probably has something to do with why so many people are Christians now. Heathens, infidels, Christianity, Islam... it's all the same crap.
Check out posts 15, 18, 35, 36, 37, and then how JB totally dodges our responses with post 39.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1455994

They would rather ignore it than admit it.
Old 12-04-2012, 19:01   #47
TK-421

Quote:
Call yourself whatever makes you feel better. Just like the christians, repeating stuff over and over doesn't make it true.
I can do it too.
Old 12-04-2012, 19:18   #48
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Ah, good one non believer.

I would draw a distinction in that Santa didn't blow us up on 911, doesn't wanna cut my head off for being an infidel, and doesn't have a "rape team" running around under the guidance of the brotherhood.

Your right though, I don't have an issue with the teachings of Islam (other than I think they are wrong yet you don't see me on Islamic forums). I have issues with radical islamists who view me as an infidel.

There, feel better?
Geez, what a bunch of tools some of you can be. I know, you don't believe. I know, we are a bunch of fools for believing. Thank Allah you'll can come here and sway some folks to atheism. It's just the simpletons who are stubborn like myself who refuse to see the light (so to speak).

Carry on with the belittling...............
I did not belittle or call anybody names.

You asked how somebody could have an issue with something they didn't believe in.

I used Islam as an example of something that many people don't believe in, but have an issue with.

You, as an ambassador of Christ, respond with insults and name calling.

Cool.

-ArtificialGrape
ArtificialGrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 21:42   #49
Sharkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtificialGrape View Post
I did not belittle or call anybody names.

You asked how somebody could have an issue with something they didn't believe in.

I used Islam as an example of something that many people don't believe in, but have an issue with.

You, as an ambassador of Christ, respond with insults and name calling.

Cool.

-ArtificialGrape
So your response wasn't sarcastic?

Whatever,

Cool.

So calling you a non believer and part of a group that are tools is out of bounds? Man, we are getting sensitive.
Old 12-04-2012, 21:43   #50
Sharkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
I can do it too.
Yeah. Good for you.