GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-04-2012, 17:46   #61
Chronos

Congratulate the OP on finding one of the basic tests of schizophrenia on the political right (the most famous one of these probably being the WOD). Of course it's capitalism, though we may end up pitying the capitalists in this case.
If you've already accepted that "violence against the innocent" is a morally legitimate means of funding the government, who are you to complain when the majority apprporiates your legacy and sells your children into a lifetime of debt slavery?

Last edited by Chronos; 12-04-2012 at 17:49..
Chronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 17:56   #62
Vic777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
I'm not talking about pimps and hos or forced sex trafficking or anything like that. There are obvious victims and other laws being broken. I'm talking about how the supposedly small-government right supports vice laws despite the fact that it clearly flies in the face of capitalism.
You're not talking about a lot of things, but you seem to have caught on to the fact that prostitution often is a business transaction. Taxation involves money also, so in your world is taxation Capitalism? Is quantitative easing capitalism? A lot of small government advocates aren't in favour of vice laws either, you need more education.
Old 12-04-2012, 18:59   #63
Andy123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
Really? You never heard, "why buy a cow if you can get the milk free?" Women have known that rule for centuries and, until recently, their life depended on what kind of man they could get. 80-100 years ago, it wasn't like today, when a single woman could get a job/career, house, etc. and it wasn't the rule to marry for love back then. A woman used the bargaining power she had and competition that was practically giving away a major part of it was not appreciated.

Our current attitudes about family are still based, in part, on ideals from before 1900, when wives traded sex and housekeeping for food and shelter and children were necessary as homemade farm hands.
I take it that you are often accused of being a hopeless romantic

"At the end of the game, the king and the pawn are put in the same box."

"The camel dances, and having danced, moves on."
Andy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 19:15   #64
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy123 View Post
I take it that you are often accused of being a hopeless romantic
Nope, you're the first to say that, believe it or not.
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 19:29   #65
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
Wha? It's not that complicated. It's been regulated and taxed in most of Nevada for over 40 years.

I understand, however, the federal government first has to make it palatable to the populace that is not used to "gaming" establishments and what goes with them.. Then, hang onto your "parts".

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 19:34   #66
ithaca_deerslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyksos View Post
http://www.cato.org/store/books/libe...ight-hardcover

"This fundamental right was protected by the Supreme Court in the early 20th century, from 1897 until the New Deal, during what is called the "Lochner era." Named after the historic liberty-of-contract decision by the Supreme Court, the Lochner era saw the Court strike down laws that interfered with the freedom of people to bargain over the terms of their own contracts. These included minimum-wage and maximum-hours laws, housing segregation laws, licensing laws and laws interfering with the freedom of parents to determine what kind of schooling their children receive. Then in 1937, as part of the "New Deal revolution," the Court abandoned its protection of these vital economic and personal liberties, contributing significantly to the tremendous growth in the nation's regulatory and welfare state over the past several decades."

Just for your general knowledge regarding freedom of contract and your right to dispose of your labor as you see fit.
You have given a very good explanation.
ithaca_deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 19:41   #67
Andy123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
Nope, you're the first to say that, believe it or not.
Say it ain't so, my man. Say it ain't so.

You are just under-appreciated.

"At the end of the game, the king and the pawn are put in the same box."

"The camel dances, and having danced, moves on."
Andy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 20:13   #68
hogship
It's MY Island

By legalizing prostitution, it is actually giving the stamp of approval to it.

I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand, I feel I have no right to force my sense of morality on someone else's behavior. On the other hand, I feel legalized prostitution will normalize it, bring it into the public arena, and ultimately degrade the general moral code of Americans.

Maybe the best way to handle it, so that nobody's freedom to conduct their lives as they wish is jeopardized.......is to legalize privately conducted prostitution, but to criminalize it in the public arena. (I don't care what consenting adults do in private, but this is one thing I wish my sons and daughters not to be subjected to. There are severe morality issues that are best left to their judgement when they are old enough to make mature choices in life.)

How many of you here are good with your sons and daughters being taught that prostitution is nothing but a capitalism issue......and doesn't have anything to do with right vs wrong, proper vs improper, moral vs immoral?

ooc
Visit my Vietnam photo album, 1968-69 click on link

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by hogship; 12-04-2012 at 20:57..
hogship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 20:19   #69
bobtheelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
Can't see the forest for the trees, can you?

Is robbing a bank for the money just capitalism too?
What about murdering someone for money?

Robbery is illegal.
Murder is illegal.
Are you saying sex is illegal?
bobtheelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 21:12   #70
certifiedfunds
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by railfancwb View Post
Something called the Mann Act (no pun intended) about crossing a state line for immoral purposes would apply I believe. Although today who's to say what's an immoral purpose.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
If they enforce that it will absolutely devastate the tourism industries in New Orleans and Las Vegas.

Rush Limbaugh
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 21:14   #71
certifiedfunds
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogship View Post
By legalizing prostitution, it is actually giving the stamp of approval to it.

I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand, I feel I have no right to force my sense of morality on someone else's behavior. On the other hand, I feel legalized prostitution will normalize it, bring it into the public arena, and ultimately degrade the general moral code of Americans.

Maybe the best way to handle it, so that nobody's freedom to conduct their lives as they wish is jeopardized.......is to legalize privately conducted prostitution, but to criminalize it in the public arena. (I don't care what consenting adults do in private, but this is one thing I wish my sons and daughters not to be subjected to. There are severe morality issues that are best left to their judgement when they are old enough to make mature choices in life.)

How many of you here are good with your sons and daughters being taught that prostitution is nothing but a capitalism issue......and doesn't have anything to do with right vs wrong, proper vs improper, moral vs immoral?

ooc
That can be handled with a simple zoning ordinance on the local leve.

Rush Limbaugh
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 21:20   #72
TK-421

Quote:
Which moral code? If you mean the christian stylized moral code, that one has already been degrading for quite a while.

However, I am with you. Legal prostitution needs to be kept in whore houses, like it is in Nevada. Take the whores off the street and stick them in whore houses. Same thing they've done with legalized weed. They sell it in dispensaries, not on the streets.
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 22:01   #73
NorthCarolinaLiberty
MentalDefective

A man pays a woman for sex and that's illegal.

A man and woman get paid for sex on a movie set, and that's entertainment.
NorthCarolinaLiberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 22:06   #74
akroguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
JB - how do you feel about dirty raunchy sex between two consenting adults?
It's means they're doing it right.

Sorry to interject.

Carry on.

The Second Amendment: giving teeth to the remaining 26.
Cogito, ergo armatus sum.
akroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 22:15   #75
Gundude

Quote:
Originally Posted by railfancwb View Post
Didn't the IRS seize one of the houses for failure to pay taxes...and then couldn't run it at a profit? Maybe the Secret Service rather than the IRS should have been put in charge of the house by the Treasury. Maybe some of the agents from the Columbia visit...
Yes, that was the Mustang Ranch, right outside of Reno. The guy who bought it from the IRS was the guy I posted about here a couple of weeks ago. He was quite successful with it, and he recently got elected to political office (Republican) in the county his brothel is in.

Last edited by Gundude; 12-04-2012 at 22:17..
Gundude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 00:36   #76
hogship
It's MY Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
Which moral code? If you mean the christian stylized moral code, that one has already been degrading for quite a while.
If you believe that prostitution is something that your sons and daughters should believe is acceptable behavior, and has no morality issues involved with that behavior, then yes.....I am speaking about a moral code that is different than yours.

Because it is different than yours, I am speaking about my sense of morality, and not yours. Do you understand this is an opinion of mine? I understand that others may not share the same opinion as I do, but when I speak of moral code, I'm speaking about MY beliefs as to what it means to me, and I exclude those who disagree with me from my statements......this is what is better known as "freedom of speech".

ooc

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:01   #77
TK-421

Quote:
If you believe that prostitution is something that your sons and daughters should believe is acceptable behavior, and has no morality issues involved with that behavior, then yes.....I am speaking about a moral code that is different than yours.

Because it is different than yours, I am speaking about my sense of morality, and not yours. Do you understand this is an opinion of mine? I understand that others may not share the same opinion as I do, but when I speak of moral code, I'm speaking about MY beliefs as to what it means to me, and I exclude those who disagree with me from my statements......this is what is better known as "freedom of speech".

ooc
Well then maybe you need to learn to be more specific about what you're talking about, because when you say

Quote:
and ultimately degrade the general moral code of Americans.
people take that to mean that you're talking about the general moral code of all Americans, not just your moral code.

So you're okay with sex if the guy buys the girls drinks, or takes her to dinner and the movies, or listens to her nag, or other various things that tend to happen. But you're not okay with it if the guy just bypasses all the time and other useless stuff, and pays for it all up front? Does that mean you think nagging needs to be involved in the equation? Because I'm sure the hookers wouldn't mind nagging to their clients if that's what it took to make it morally acceptable.

And if I'm wrong about that, then please, explain to me exactly why it's morally wrong. Because what I see is a guy saving himself some money and the huge headaches that tend to occur when trying to get into a woman's pants in what is apparently the "proper" way.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:16   #78
hogship
It's MY Island

Quote:
Well then maybe you need to learn to be more specific about what you're talking about, because when you say

people take that to mean that you're talking about the general moral code of all Americans, not just your moral code.

So you're okay with sex if the guy buys the girls drinks, or takes her to dinner and the movies, or listens to her nag, or other various things that tend to happen. But you're not okay with it if the guy just bypasses all the time and other useless stuff, and pays for it all up front? Does that mean you think nagging needs to be involved in the equation? Because I'm sure the hookers wouldn't mind nagging to their clients if that's what it took to make it morally acceptable.

And if I'm wrong about that, then please, explain to me exactly why it's morally wrong. Because what I see is a guy saving himself some money and the huge headaches that tend to occur when trying to get into a woman's pants in what is apparently the "proper" way.
TK......

Yes......I AM absolutely talking about the moral code of ALL AMERICANS, as I see it. I don't know why this is so hard for you to understand.

NO, I am definitely NOT OK with sex after buying drinks, either. This is also an opinion.......but, my beliefs are that an emotional connection is necessary to make sex the kind of experience that it should be......not just an animal instinct. In order for that "connection" to happen, it takes time, patience, and an understanding between each participant. Women NEED this more than men do......and, I sense that you just haven't learned this yet!

As to your request for enlightenment on morality issues.......Considering your input so far, I don't think I CAN explain these things so that you'll agree, or understand what I'm trying to convey.......but, you probably will (or, hopefully will) when you have more of what life's lessons have to offer.....

ooc

Last edited by hogship; 12-05-2012 at 01:24..
Old 12-05-2012, 01:34   #79
TK-421

Quote:
TK......

Yes......I AM absolutely talking about the moral code of ALL AMERICANS, as I see it. I don't know why this is so hard for you to understand.

NO, I am definitely NOT OK with sex after buying drinks, either. This is also an opinion.......but, my beliefs are that an emotional connection is necessary to make sex the kind of experience that it should be......not just an animal instinct. In order for that "connection" to happen, it takes time, patience, and an understanding between each participant. Women NEED this more than men do......and, I sense that you just haven't learned this yet!

As to your request for enlightenment on morality issues.......Considering your input so far, I don't think I CAN explain these things so that you'll agree, or understand what I'm trying to convey.......but, you probably will (or, hopefully will) when you get more of what life's lessons have to give.....

ooc
The moral code of Americans as you see it? What kind of fantasy world are you living in? From what I've seen of my generation as I've grown up, we don't have a moral code.

And it's so hard for me to understand because you weren't being specific enough. All you said was "the moral code of americans", you never said "the moral code of americans, as I see it." Believe it or not, in the english language at least, there is a difference between those two phrases.

If women need that connection so bad, why do they have one-night stands? It takes two to tango. So why do they tango if they need a connection with their partner?

When did you begin believing that sex needs a romantic connection? What made you start believing that?

Oh, and if you can formulate your ideas into words, I'm sure you can explain your reasons why, and I'm smart enough I'll be able to understand. But I would consider it asinine if you tried to explain them in a way that would get me to agree with you, because that's just not going to happen. Instead, it would work better if you explained in them in a way so as to help me better understand your thought process, because that's the part I'm interested in.

I've learned enough of life's lessons to come to the belief that sex is just sex, it's just something people do these days. I've heard rumor that it's better when you're doing it with someone you love, but I can't afford to be in love right now. So I'll just have to wait and find out that later. But even when I do try it with someone I love, it'll still just be sex.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:41   #80
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Quote:
Does that mean you think nagging needs to be involved in the equation? Because I'm sure the hookers wouldn't mind nagging to their clients if that's what it took to make it morally acceptable.
Dude chill. You're not helping.

Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote