GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 17:18   #26
concretefuzzynuts
Brew Crew
 
concretefuzzynuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: VB, VA
Posts: 6,096
New page.
__________________
GTDS Member #7
GOTOD Member #757
Snub Club Member #757
NRA Member
Member
concretefuzzynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 17:21   #27
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 6,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by concretefuzzynuts View Post
New page.
Such a pity. The page previously employed by the operation had truly exquisite wrist technique for inflicting punishment. It remains to be seen whether the newly hired staff page can match that precision.
__________________
Samurai Rabbi
samurairabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 18:58   #28
tous
GET A ROPE!
 
tous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Plano, Texas, Republic of
Posts: 37,648
Second pages are, through no fault of their own, are often judged on the merits of the first page, somewhat like a second child exepcted to match and eclipse the accomplishments of the first-born.

While page and child one are groundbreakers and trailblazers, page and child two are denied their own destiny and forced to duplicate the goals and objectives of the primo.

However, the third post on the second page is often, nay, always the finest, most erudite example of prose than the world, nay, the Universe, experiences. This task is commonly not difficult when following the clumsy, hackneyed dribbles of the second-post on the second page.

:
__________________
casing: what sausage goes in
case: what bullets go in

2.9979E10 cm/sec -- it's not just a good idea; it's the law

Last edited by tous; 12-03-2012 at 18:58..
tous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 19:27   #29
Paul53
Geezer Boomer
 
Paul53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Rosa's Cantina
Posts: 3,834
tous, no disrespect, but did you forget your meds again?



Thinking about the word "but." So powerful! Everything that follows the word BUT takes back everything said before it. Just saying.......
__________________
Just had lunch at The Rod and Gun Club. Finally realized that in "philly cheese steak," philly isn't referring to Philadelphia.

Paul53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 19:37   #30
tous
GET A ROPE!
 
tous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Plano, Texas, Republic of
Posts: 37,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul53 View Post
tous, no disrespect, but did you forget your meds again?



Thinking about the word "but." So powerful! Everything that follows the word BUT takes back everything said before it. Just saying.......
Dinky is the one that must be pharmaceutically dragged into reality.



__________________
casing: what sausage goes in
case: what bullets go in

2.9979E10 cm/sec -- it's not just a good idea; it's the law
tous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 19:40   #31
Paul53
Geezer Boomer
 
Paul53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Rosa's Cantina
Posts: 3,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by tous View Post
Dinky is the one that must be pharmaceutically dragged into reality.




Uh, yeah. Dinky, that pic isn't really you is it?
__________________
Just had lunch at The Rod and Gun Club. Finally realized that in "philly cheese steak," philly isn't referring to Philadelphia.


Last edited by Paul53; 12-03-2012 at 19:41.. Reason: It's a secret
Paul53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 19:52   #32
tous
GET A ROPE!
 
tous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Plano, Texas, Republic of
Posts: 37,648
I'm not sayin' yes, I'm not sayin' no.

How are them father-rapers on the Group W bench treatin' ya?

__________________
casing: what sausage goes in
case: what bullets go in

2.9979E10 cm/sec -- it's not just a good idea; it's the law
tous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 20:22   #33
Paul53
Geezer Boomer
 
Paul53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Rosa's Cantina
Posts: 3,834
Dinky, tous, same person, split personalities? Explains a lot.
__________________
Just had lunch at The Rod and Gun Club. Finally realized that in "philly cheese steak," philly isn't referring to Philadelphia.

Paul53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 20:44   #34
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 6,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by tous View Post
However, the third post on the second page is often, nay, always the finest, most erudite example of prose than the world, nay, the Universe, experiences. This task is commonly not difficult when following the clumsy, hackneyed dribbles of the second-post on the second page.

:
Tous, your marginally coherent exposition on the primacy superiority of the 3rd-post-2nd-page over the 2nd-post-second-page was, regrettably, negated by your absolutist ideology in using the word "always" in the quoted paragraph. Such absolutism destroys any hope of productive dialogue between participating adherents of differing viewpoints struggling to establish common ground to make sense of life. It also, unfortunately, establishes that your lapse is probably due to an esoteric physical condition known in formal medical terminology as Chronic Recto-Cranial Inversion.
__________________
Samurai Rabbi

Last edited by samurairabbi; 12-03-2012 at 20:46..
samurairabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 22:01   #35
tous
GET A ROPE!
 
tous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Plano, Texas, Republic of
Posts: 37,648
Rather than engage in puerile impeachment of what, admittedly, may well be a level or two above your ability to cognize, dispute the assertion that my posit is indisputable, good sir.

And, may I humbly bring to your most acute attention, the 23rd Edition of Dinky's Compendium of Medical Condition and Effect, pp 307-310, specifically remarks that Chronic Recto-Cranial Inversion is a myth propogated by snake-oil salesmen and makers of nostrums of dubious efficacy.



This is fun.

__________________
casing: what sausage goes in
case: what bullets go in

2.9979E10 cm/sec -- it's not just a good idea; it's the law
tous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:19   #36
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 6,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by tous View Post
Rather than engage in puerile impeachment of what, admittedly, may well be a level or two above your ability to cognize, dispute the assertion that my posit is indisputable, good sir.

And, may I humbly bring to your most acute attention, the 23rd Edition of Dinky's Compendium of Medical Condition and Effect, pp 307-310, specifically remarks that Chronic Recto-Cranial Inversion is a myth propogated by snake-oil salesmen and makers of nostrums of dubious efficacy.



This is fun.

Puerile impeachment is a copout for wimps who lack manliness in intellectual competition.

Dinky's Medical Guide has been demonstrated in comprehensive double-blind clinical trials to be full of it. Besides, CRCI has been reimbursed by Medicare as a valid DRG.

Your play, sir.
__________________
Samurai Rabbi
samurairabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:53   #37
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.
 
kirgi08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Acme proving grounds.
Posts: 26,677
Blog Entries: 1


Quote:
Originally Posted by tous View Post
Rather than engage in puerile impeachment of what, admittedly, may well be a level or two above your ability to cognize, dispute the assertion that my posit is indisputable, good sir.

And, may I humbly bring to your most acute attention, the 23rd Edition of Dinky's Compendium of Medical Condition and Effect, pp 307-310, specifically remarks that Chronic Recto-Cranial Inversion is a myth propogated by snake-oil salesmen and makers of nostrums of dubious efficacy.



This is fun.


I know how Mike is gonna spend his morning,at the library.Looking for the book and or a thesarus.'08.
__________________
I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.
kirgi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:49   #38
Dinky
Stalker of tous
 
Dinky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,155


I like dubious nostrums
Dinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 17:42   #39
tous
GET A ROPE!
 
tous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Plano, Texas, Republic of
Posts: 37,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by samurairabbi View Post
Puerile impeachment is a copout for wimps who lack manliness in intellectual competition.

Dinky's Medical Guide has been demonstrated in comprehensive double-blind clinical trials to be full of it. Besides, CRCI has been reimbursed by Medicare as a valid DRG.

Your play, sir.
I seek little more than an honest exchange of ideas with a worthy opponent and I stand accused of having wimpy balls?

I plead not guilty, sir. It is not I who resorts to the insipid argot of the cool kids from the 1960s to support such a specious rebuttal. Cop out? What next? Declaring some admired behavior 'solid' in the manner of Lincoln Hayes from The Mod Squad? Are we now to part our long, straight blonde hair in the middle and wear minimal make up as a paean to Julie Barnes? Or dare you suggest a short leather jacket and curly hair ala Peter Cochran, overflowing with the angst and duality of being a rich kid whilst rebelling against the symbolic Man that is the source and foundation of said wealth?

I do nto wish to be cruel, sir, but may I suggest that you don the red tunic of an Enterprise security crewman and await the call to join the away team.

You humble and ever obedient servant,
__________________
casing: what sausage goes in
case: what bullets go in

2.9979E10 cm/sec -- it's not just a good idea; it's the law
tous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 19:18   #40
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 6,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by tous View Post
I seek little more than an honest exchange of ideas with a worthy opponent and I stand accused of having wimpy balls?

I plead not guilty, sir. It is not I who resorts to the insipid argot of the cool kids from the 1960s to support such a specious rebuttal. Cop out? What next? Declaring some admired behavior 'solid' in the manner of Lincoln Hayes from The Mod Squad? Are we now to part our long, straight blonde hair in the middle and wear minimal make up as a paean to Julie Barnes? Or dare you suggest a short leather jacket and curly hair ala Peter Cochran, overflowing with the angst and duality of being a rich kid whilst rebelling against the symbolic Man that is the source and foundation of said wealth?

I do nto wish to be cruel, sir, but may I suggest that you don the red tunic of an Enterprise security crewman and await the call to join the away team.

You humble and ever obedient servant,
The first few years of House MD can be accurately summarized as Doctor Sherlock Holmes meets the Mod Squad. When THAT paradigm was broken, the show began to.slip

I offer a standard cruel jab: May you have the life expectancy of an unnamed crew member in a Star Trek landing party!
__________________
Samurai Rabbi
samurairabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 21:46   #41
dango
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 4,547
So's House needed a fro with percodans. So the so called
Paradigm continues , beam me up Watson......!
dango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:14   #42
smith10
10MM WOOOOOOT
 
smith10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: southwest Pa.
Posts: 14,874
I do wish to be cruel, sir, but may I suggest that you don the red tunic of an Enterprise security crewman and await the call to join the away team.


__________________
Somewhere there are Brownings in a two-hand hold ---
Cocked and locked, one up the spout
There's nothing for it but to sit and wait
For the hard men to get me out
smith10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:52   #43
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.
 
kirgi08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Acme proving grounds.
Posts: 26,677
Blog Entries: 1


__________________
I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.
kirgi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:39   #44
COWBOYSHOOTER
Oh dear....
 
COWBOYSHOOTER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: I run Bartertown
Posts: 5,594
They is usin all them big words again! Someone tell April. She'll make them stop
__________________
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.
:cowboy:
COWBOYSHOOTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:06   #45
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 6,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by smith10 View Post
I do wish to be cruel, sir, but may I suggest that you don the red tunic of an Enterprise security crewman and await the call to join the away team.


Permit me the temerity to point out the incomplete status of your preferred insult. The target of your repartee' must be an UNNAMED member of the away team.
__________________
Samurai Rabbi
samurairabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:53   #46
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.
 
kirgi08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Acme proving grounds.
Posts: 26,677
Blog Entries: 1


__________________
I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.
kirgi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:55   #47
Dinky
Stalker of tous
 
Dinky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,155


Quote:
Originally Posted by kirgi08 View Post

Should we sell tickets
Dinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 13:04   #48
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.
 
kirgi08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Acme proving grounds.
Posts: 26,677
Blog Entries: 1


Sell,no-scalp yes.'08.
__________________
I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.
kirgi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 13:28   #49
Dinky
Stalker of tous
 
Dinky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,155


Quote:
Originally Posted by kirgi08 View Post
Sell,no-scalp yes.'08.

If we scalp enough tickets, we can get Dango a new round of drugs

Last edited by Dinky; 12-05-2012 at 13:29..
Dinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 14:49   #50
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 6,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by dango View Post
So's House needed a fro with percodans. So the so called
Paradigm continues , beam me up Watson......!
It is possible you are confusing percoset with vicodin. If this is in fact the case, please seek credentialed professional help, as such confusion can wreak havoc on the neighborhood drug scene.
__________________
Samurai Rabbi
samurairabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 23:18.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 906
249 Members
657 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42