Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 17:04   #41
TK-421
Senior Member
 
TK-421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 6,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
Post here or don't but I would think enlightened folks wouldn't want to continue to debate with a bunch of simpletons who believe in supposedly crazy stuff.
It's actually really funny some of the stuff religious people say, and how often they just ignore posts from people they don't like.

Take JB for example, he'll say something, a few people will totally blow it to bits and prove it wrong multiple times, and he'll just ignore them completely, as if they hadn't proved it wrong, and keep chugging along spewing crap, as if he's perfect, always right, never wrong, and it's everybody else who are the idiots.. It's quite entertaining to me.
TK-421 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 17:32   #42
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
I find it humorous that a bunch of folks who don't believe in a god come here to belittle others who believe.
"Booooo Hoooo this is a religious forum why do you guys come here? You don't even believe... why do you post here?"

I swear to your God like 99% of you people say this over and over and over again. It's pitiful.
__________________
Pascal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Theory:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Grace:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Big Bang:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 18:33   #43
ksg0245
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
Dang, how do you have issues with stuff you don't believe in?
It isn't exactly that atheists have issues with stuff they don't believe in; it's that they have issues with believers forcing or attempting to force those beliefs on others. A few examples that immediately spring to mind; the drive to teach creationism in science class, the resistance to the legalization of homosexual marriage, the threats and assaults against organizations like Planned Parenthood, and the insistence that non-believers can't be moral or trusted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
That is like me saying I have issues with Santa Claus.
Well, no, it isn't; it's more like saying you have issues with Santa Claus believers insisting Santa is real and we should base laws and behaviors on his teachings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
Been away from RT for a month and look, things are still the same: Atheist continue to belittle Christians.
Yes, in the US, Christian oppression by a virtually powerless minority is well documented.
ksg0245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 18:37   #44
ksg0245
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ DBLTRBL View Post
Fair enough. You are free to believe or not. I just wish you'd be aware that what you say you will answer for....as we all will. Post away.
Really? Nobody ever said anything about having to answer for anything before. I'm convinced.
ksg0245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 19:12   #45
Phaze5ive
Senior Member
 
Phaze5ive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Land of Teddy Bears
Posts: 754
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the thousands of years of killings of non-Christians by Christians. That probably has something to do with why so many people are Christians now. Heathens, infidels, Christianity, Islam... it's all the same crap.
Phaze5ive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 19:59   #46
TK-421
Senior Member
 
TK-421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 6,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaze5ive View Post
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the thousands of years of killings of non-Christians by Christians. That probably has something to do with why so many people are Christians now. Heathens, infidels, Christianity, Islam... it's all the same crap.
Check out posts 15, 18, 35, 36, 37, and then how JB totally dodges our responses with post 39.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1455994

They would rather ignore it than admit it.
TK-421 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 20:01   #47
TK-421
Senior Member
 
TK-421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 6,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
Call yourself whatever makes you feel better. Just like the christians, repeating stuff over and over doesn't make it true.
I can do it too.
TK-421 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 20:18   #48
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member
 
ArtificialGrape's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 5,950
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
Ah, good one non believer.

I would draw a distinction in that Santa didn't blow us up on 911, doesn't wanna cut my head off for being an infidel, and doesn't have a "rape team" running around under the guidance of the brotherhood.

Your right though, I don't have an issue with the teachings of Islam (other than I think they are wrong yet you don't see me on Islamic forums). I have issues with radical islamists who view me as an infidel.

There, feel better?
Geez, what a bunch of tools some of you can be. I know, you don't believe. I know, we are a bunch of fools for believing. Thank Allah you'll can come here and sway some folks to atheism. It's just the simpletons who are stubborn like myself who refuse to see the light (so to speak).

Carry on with the belittling...............
I did not belittle or call anybody names.

You asked how somebody could have an issue with something they didn't believe in.

I used Islam as an example of something that many people don't believe in, but have an issue with.

You, as an ambassador of Christ, respond with insults and name calling.

Cool.

-ArtificialGrape
ArtificialGrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 22:42   #49
Sharkey
Senior Member
 
Sharkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 3,972
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtificialGrape View Post
I did not belittle or call anybody names.

You asked how somebody could have an issue with something they didn't believe in.

I used Islam as an example of something that many people don't believe in, but have an issue with.

You, as an ambassador of Christ, respond with insults and name calling.

Cool.

-ArtificialGrape
So your response wasn't sarcastic?

Whatever,

Cool.

So calling you a non believer and part of a group that are tools is out of bounds? Man, we are getting sensitive.
__________________
There are no saints in the animal kingdom, only breakfast and dinner.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 22:43   #50
Sharkey
Senior Member
 
Sharkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 3,972
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
I can do it too.
Yeah. Good for you.
__________________
There are no saints in the animal kingdom, only breakfast and dinner.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 22:44   #51
TK-421
Senior Member
 
TK-421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 6,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
So calling you a non believer and part of a group that are tools is out of bounds? Man, we are getting sensitive.
Out of bounds? Not for us "non believers". However, it is very un-christian.
TK-421 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 22:45   #52
Sharkey
Senior Member
 
Sharkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 3,972
[QUOTE=Glock36shooter;19700337

I swear to your God like 99% of you people say this over and over and over again. It's pitiful.[/QUOTE]


Well maybe there is a reason why 99% of people like me keep saying it?
__________________
There are no saints in the animal kingdom, only breakfast and dinner.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 22:46   #53
Sharkey
Senior Member
 
Sharkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 3,972
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
Out of bounds? Not for us "non believers". However, it is very un-christian.

Ha, that is funny. Ok for you but not for me. Got it.
__________________
There are no saints in the animal kingdom, only breakfast and dinner.

Last edited by Sharkey; 12-04-2012 at 22:56..
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 22:50   #54
Sharkey
Senior Member
 
Sharkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 3,972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaze5ive View Post
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the thousands of years of killings of non-Christians by Christians. That probably has something to do with why so many people are Christians now. Heathens, infidels, Christianity, Islam... it's all the same crap.
Yeah it's not like non believers have murdered anyone in great numbers either. Don't confuse religious folks with Christians. There is a difference. Yeah, Islam and Christianity are the same. Brilliant.

So the people who were forced to be Christians just decided , What the hell, we might as well stay Christians? Those religious folks just murdered my family, but hey I'm too lazy to decide to believe in something else so for generations to come, we'll just stay this religion. How does that make sense?
__________________
There are no saints in the animal kingdom, only breakfast and dinner.

Last edited by Sharkey; 12-04-2012 at 22:54..
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 23:02   #55
TK-421
Senior Member
 
TK-421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 6,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
Ha, that is funny. Ok for you but not for me. Got it.
Not ok for you by your own rules. I never said it wasn't okay for you to do that, while it was okay for non-believers, your own rules are the ones who say it's not okay for you.
TK-421 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 23:11   #56
TK-421
Senior Member
 
TK-421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 6,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
Yeah it's not like non believers have murdered anyone in great numbers either. Don't confuse religious folks with Christians. There is a difference. Yeah, Islam and Christianity are the same. Brilliant.

So the people who were forced to be Christians just decided , What the hell, we might as well stay Christians? Those religious folks just murdered my family, but hey I'm too lazy to decide to believe in something else so for generations to come, we'll just stay this religion. How does that make sense?
Oh, wait, gee, maybe it might be that persecutions by christians against non-christians has been around for longer than the current members of their family have? You have to realize that they weren't persecuted for like 20 years, then the persecution suddenly stopped, and they still decided to be christians. They were persecuted, their children were persecuted, and their grandchildren were the religion of their children, and their great-grandchildren were the religion of their grandchildren. It's not like they had a choice. It was either become a christian or die. And a lot of people chose to become christians. And then their great grandchildren are religious because it's all they've known their entire life. And their great-grandchildren are religious because it's the only thing they've known all their life. And if they weren't christian, then they'd be persecuted for not being christian.

You should read your history books, christians have been nasty to non-christians for over a thousand years.

Are you going to suddenly one day stop being a christian if you find out the only reason your family is christian is because your ancestors would've been killed if they hadn't converted? Because I'm pretty sure you'd still be christian, and would make up some excuse as to why you'd remain a christian, if you found out the only reason why you're ancestors are christian is because they would've been tortured to death if they hadn't converted. Even though them being tortured to death would've happened say 700 years ago. And that's why people are still christian, even if their ancestors weren't originally christian before they were forced to convert. Because it's all they've known their whole life, and they want to continue living that way, instead of stopping and thinking about it, and considering a different way of life.
TK-421 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 00:01   #57
Phaze5ive
Senior Member
 
Phaze5ive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Land of Teddy Bears
Posts: 754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
Yeah it's not like non believers have murdered anyone in great numbers either. Don't confuse religious folks with Christians. There is a difference. Yeah, Islam and Christianity are the same. Brilliant.

So the people who were forced to be Christians just decided , What the hell, we might as well stay Christians? Those religious folks just murdered my family, but hey I'm too lazy to decide to believe in something else so for generations to come, we'll just stay this religion. How does that make sense?
It's scary how little logic and thought went into that reply.

Last edited by Phaze5ive; 12-05-2012 at 00:11..
Phaze5ive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:40   #58
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
Well maybe there is a reason why 99% of people like me keep saying it?
Absolutely... you want to silence the opposition. You can't handle a little debate because in the light of logic your mythology fails you. Given you can't beat us... you want to silence us.
__________________
Pascal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Theory:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Grace:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Big Bang:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:43   #59
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
Yeah it's not like non believers have murdered anyone in great numbers either.
But never as a result of their lack of a belief. No Atheist has ever killed anyone as a tenant of being Atheist. Never.
__________________
Pascal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Theory:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Grace:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Big Bang:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:44   #60
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
So the people who were forced to be Christians just decided , What the hell, we might as well stay Christians? Those religious folks just murdered my family, but hey I'm too lazy to decide to believe in something else so for generations to come, we'll just stay this religion. How does that make sense?
It doesn't... but you're the only one saying it. But I agree it doesn't make sense. It may be the dumbest most nonsensical thing I've ever read.
__________________
Pascal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Theory:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Grace:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Big Bang:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 23:02.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 975
220 Members
755 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31