SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-05-2012, 01:48   #61
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
I'm not fantastically implying anything. I also don't out words in other people's mouth like you do. I never stated Christmas was used to brainwash kids to be religious slave like you did a couple posts ago.

What I am saying (not implying) is that I find it humorous that a bunch of folks who don't believe in a god come here to belittle others who believe. Post here or don't but I would think enlightened folks wouldn't want to continue to debate with a bunch of simpletons who believe in supposedly crazy stuff.

I mean I understand debates between Catholics and Baptists or Muslims and Christians but for a bunch of folks who believe in nothing to hang out where folks like myself want to brainwash you and make you slaves..............
You said... "yet you don't see me on Islamic forums" as if we are posting on a Christian Forum. This is NOT a Christian forum.

Theory:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Grace:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Big Bang:
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:22   #62
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schabesbert View Post
No, but at one time the uneducated people promulgated the false notion that "At one time a significant portion of the 'educated' world thought the Earth was flat..."
Do you prefer, "At one time a significant portion of the 'educated' world thought the Earth was motionless at the center of the universe"?
Old 12-05-2012, 09:32   #63
happyguy
Na Ben Don Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
Because it's easy. You can kill hookers and snort all the coke you want on Saturday night... then go to church on Sunday... ask forgiveness and you're set.

Other religions require real dedication.

I know I know... those aren't real Christians and I don't know what I'm talking about... M'kay.
All I can say is your argument sucks because you don't make one. You just hurl insults.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy Whodoesloveyouinspiteofyourhatefulinvectives

"Nobody should ever run a race where they are lapped by the sun."
happyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:25   #64
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyguy View Post
All I can say is your argument sucks because you don't make one. You just hurl insults.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy Whodoesloveyouinspiteofyourhatefulinvectives
My argument is true. No other religion requires less of its adherents than Christianity. And no other religion goes as easy on its adherents for failing to follow doctrine. This is why it's so popular. Because it's easy. Good old Jim and Martha have been married for 20 years... but OOPS! Jim has been banging his secretary for the last two years. IT'S OK GUYS! Just repent and everything is just dandy! Go talk to a muslim about dedication to their religion.

Theory:

Grace:

Big Bang:
Old 12-05-2012, 11:21   #65
Guss

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
Can so few be right and so many be wrong?
What are the odds of that?
So I guess you are a Catholic, since half the world's Christians are.

Will you be ready to convert, though, when the Islamic people reproduce their way into the majority spot?
Guss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:27   #66
Sharkey

Quote:
My argument is true. No other religion requires less of its adherents than Christianity. And no other religion goes as easy on its adherents for failing to follow doctrine. This is why it's so popular. Because it's easy. Good old Jim and Martha have been married for 20 years... but OOPS! Jim has been banging his secretary for the last two years. IT'S OK GUYS! Just repent and everything is just dandy! Go talk to a muslim about dedication to their religion.
Yep, I guess that is one way to view it. A bit myopic but hey no surprises really.
Yep being a Christian is a walk in the park. I guess that is why people in other countries continue to get slaughtered because of it. God no doubt forgives but doesn't remove the consequences for the sin. Your right, Muslims are dedicated. I guess they missed the memo in the ME about how easy Christianity is and you call is stupid.... ....
You are good at diversions though.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:55   #67
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Yep being a Christian is a walk in the park.
What's so hard about it?

Quote:
God no doubt forgives but doesn't remove the consequences for the sin.
Ah so if you repent and are forgiven you're still going to be punished?

Theory:

Grace:

Big Bang:
Old 12-05-2012, 12:34   #68
scccdoc

Quote:
What's so hard about it?

Are you really asking these questions or just playing the "straight" man?
scccdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:51   #69
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scccdoc View Post
Are you really asking these questions or just playing the "straight" man?
I am a straight man... and yes I'm askin.

Theory:

Grace:

Big Bang:
Old 12-05-2012, 13:22   #70
Sharkey

Quote:
What's so hard about it?

I already stated what was hard about it - people dying for their faith and facing persecution. Not that Christians have a lock on it but they do suffer, just not so much in the US.....yet.

I didn't say that (there you are with putting words in my mouth). What I said was God forgives sin bu doesn't necessarily remove the consequence of our sin. Nice spin you put on it though. I'd give an analogy but you would just think it was wrong.
Old 12-05-2012, 13:26   #71
Sharkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guss View Post

Will you be ready to convert, though, when the Islamic people reproduce their way into the majority spot?
I wouldn't worry too much about it. Not gonna happen if you subscribe to Biblical teaching. If you don't, I guess you could move up to MI in the Islamic enclave and see if you like it?
Old 12-05-2012, 13:46   #72
scccdoc

Quote:
I am a straight man... and yes I'm askin.
One thing you've proven, it's easier to be an atheist than to comprehend and live the Bible.
Old 12-05-2012, 13:49   #73
happyguy
Na Ben Don Chat

Quote:
But never as a result of their lack of a belief. No Atheist has ever killed anyone as a tenant of being Atheist. Never.
But they have certainly killed millions on the order of their atheist bosses.

No doubt we'll start splitting hairs and parsing sentences now.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy

Last edited by happyguy; 12-05-2012 at 13:51..
Old 12-05-2012, 13:53   #74
muscogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
Then why is it the world's largest religion?
http://chartsbin.com/view/3nr

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0904108.html

Christianity 2.1 billion
Islam 1.5 billion
Hinduism 900 million
Buddhism 376 million
Sikhism 23 million
Judaism 14 million
Bahaism 7 million
Confucianism 6.3 million
Jainism 4.2 million
Shintoism 4 million

Atheism makes up 2.32% of the world's population, while Christianity makes up 33.32%.

93.5% of the world's population follows one religion or another and believes in a higher power.

2.32% (atheists) do not.

Can so few be right and so many be wrong?
What are the odds of that?
Quote:
For many are called, but few are chosen. Matthew 22:14
Obviously most people who think they are Christians are mistaken, or Jesus was mistaken in which case they're all mistaken.

Leona Helmsley
muscogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 13:55   #75
muscogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
If you haven't noticed by now JB, the majority of the world isn't exactly what most people would call smart. That's probably why Christianity is the biggest religion.
They're not what JB would call Christian either. He's the only True Scotsman.

Leona Helmsley
Old 12-05-2012, 13:57   #76
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by scccdoc View Post
One thing you've proven, it's easier to be an atheist than to comprehend and live the Bible.
Pshhh, ya. That's the whole point. It's also easier to just like sleeping with women than to have to bother with a furry costume or role play in the bondage room or some other kind of weird kink you need to get off. Some people are just like to make things more difficult than they need to be.
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 13:58   #77
Phaze5ive

One only has to read a few posts on here to understand why Christianity is in decline. Give it a few more generations.
Phaze5ive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 14:12   #78
muscogee

Quote:
Yeah it's not like non believers have murdered anyone in great numbers either. Don't confuse religious folks with Christians. There is a difference. Yeah, Islam and Christianity are the same. Brilliant.

So the people who were forced to be Christians just decided , What the hell, we might as well stay Christians? Those religious folks just murdered my family, but hey I'm too lazy to decide to believe in something else so for generations to come, we'll just stay this religion. How does that make sense?
It makes sense because the only ones who survived adopted that attitude. When the Christians came to Mexico there were twenty five million Mexicans who worshiped their own gods. Twenty five years later there were one million Mexicans, most of whom were part Spaniard or African, who were all Christians. What does that tell you?

Leona Helmsley
Old 12-05-2012, 14:18   #79
happyguy
Na Ben Don Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscogee View Post
It makes sense because the only ones who survived adopted that attitude. When the Christians came to Mexico there were twenty five million Mexicans who worshiped their own gods. Twenty five years later there were one million Mexicans, most of whom were part Spaniard or African, who were all Christians. What does that tell you?
It tells me that if a population has no resistance to a communicable disease and no access to modern medicine, it can be wiped out quite easily by that disease.

Same thing happened in North America.

By the way, it's well documented, if you care to educate yourself.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy

Last edited by happyguy; 12-05-2012 at 14:22..
Old 12-05-2012, 14:23   #80
scccdoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
Pshhh, ya. That's the whole point. It's also easier to just like sleeping with women than to have to bother with a furry costume or role play in the bondage room or some other kind of weird kink you need to get off. Some people are just like to make things more difficult than they need to be.
You're a bit weird, why do you think something like that excites me?I love to sleep with my wife as God intended.