GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 21:44   #51
TK-421
Senior Member
 
TK-421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
So calling you a non believer and part of a group that are tools is out of bounds? Man, we are getting sensitive.
Out of bounds? Not for us "non believers". However, it is very un-christian.
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 21:45   #52
Sharkey
Senior Member
 
Sharkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 3,574
[QUOTE=Glock36shooter;19700337

I swear to your God like 99% of you people say this over and over and over again. It's pitiful.[/QUOTE]


Well maybe there is a reason why 99% of people like me keep saying it?
__________________
Our perception of God determines our communication with Him.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 21:46   #53
Sharkey
Senior Member
 
Sharkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 3,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
Out of bounds? Not for us "non believers". However, it is very un-christian.

Ha, that is funny. Ok for you but not for me. Got it.
__________________
Our perception of God determines our communication with Him.

Last edited by Sharkey; 12-04-2012 at 21:56..
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 21:50   #54
Sharkey
Senior Member
 
Sharkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 3,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaze5ive View Post
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the thousands of years of killings of non-Christians by Christians. That probably has something to do with why so many people are Christians now. Heathens, infidels, Christianity, Islam... it's all the same crap.
Yeah it's not like non believers have murdered anyone in great numbers either. Don't confuse religious folks with Christians. There is a difference. Yeah, Islam and Christianity are the same. Brilliant.

So the people who were forced to be Christians just decided , What the hell, we might as well stay Christians? Those religious folks just murdered my family, but hey I'm too lazy to decide to believe in something else so for generations to come, we'll just stay this religion. How does that make sense?
__________________
Our perception of God determines our communication with Him.

Last edited by Sharkey; 12-04-2012 at 21:54..
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 22:02   #55
TK-421
Senior Member
 
TK-421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
Ha, that is funny. Ok for you but not for me. Got it.
Not ok for you by your own rules. I never said it wasn't okay for you to do that, while it was okay for non-believers, your own rules are the ones who say it's not okay for you.
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 22:11   #56
TK-421
Senior Member
 
TK-421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
Yeah it's not like non believers have murdered anyone in great numbers either. Don't confuse religious folks with Christians. There is a difference. Yeah, Islam and Christianity are the same. Brilliant.

So the people who were forced to be Christians just decided , What the hell, we might as well stay Christians? Those religious folks just murdered my family, but hey I'm too lazy to decide to believe in something else so for generations to come, we'll just stay this religion. How does that make sense?
Oh, wait, gee, maybe it might be that persecutions by christians against non-christians has been around for longer than the current members of their family have? You have to realize that they weren't persecuted for like 20 years, then the persecution suddenly stopped, and they still decided to be christians. They were persecuted, their children were persecuted, and their grandchildren were the religion of their children, and their great-grandchildren were the religion of their grandchildren. It's not like they had a choice. It was either become a christian or die. And a lot of people chose to become christians. And then their great grandchildren are religious because it's all they've known their entire life. And their great-grandchildren are religious because it's the only thing they've known all their life. And if they weren't christian, then they'd be persecuted for not being christian.

You should read your history books, christians have been nasty to non-christians for over a thousand years.

Are you going to suddenly one day stop being a christian if you find out the only reason your family is christian is because your ancestors would've been killed if they hadn't converted? Because I'm pretty sure you'd still be christian, and would make up some excuse as to why you'd remain a christian, if you found out the only reason why you're ancestors are christian is because they would've been tortured to death if they hadn't converted. Even though them being tortured to death would've happened say 700 years ago. And that's why people are still christian, even if their ancestors weren't originally christian before they were forced to convert. Because it's all they've known their whole life, and they want to continue living that way, instead of stopping and thinking about it, and considering a different way of life.
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 23:01   #57
Phaze5ive
Senior Member
 
Phaze5ive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Land of Teddy Bears
Posts: 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
Yeah it's not like non believers have murdered anyone in great numbers either. Don't confuse religious folks with Christians. There is a difference. Yeah, Islam and Christianity are the same. Brilliant.

So the people who were forced to be Christians just decided , What the hell, we might as well stay Christians? Those religious folks just murdered my family, but hey I'm too lazy to decide to believe in something else so for generations to come, we'll just stay this religion. How does that make sense?
It's scary how little logic and thought went into that reply.

Last edited by Phaze5ive; 12-04-2012 at 23:11..
Phaze5ive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 00:40   #58
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
Well maybe there is a reason why 99% of people like me keep saying it?
Absolutely... you want to silence the opposition. You can't handle a little debate because in the light of logic your mythology fails you. Given you can't beat us... you want to silence us.
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 00:43   #59
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
Yeah it's not like non believers have murdered anyone in great numbers either.
But never as a result of their lack of a belief. No Atheist has ever killed anyone as a tenant of being Atheist. Never.
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 00:44   #60
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
So the people who were forced to be Christians just decided , What the hell, we might as well stay Christians? Those religious folks just murdered my family, but hey I'm too lazy to decide to believe in something else so for generations to come, we'll just stay this religion. How does that make sense?
It doesn't... but you're the only one saying it. But I agree it doesn't make sense. It may be the dumbest most nonsensical thing I've ever read.
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 00:48   #61
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
I'm not fantastically implying anything. I also don't out words in other people's mouth like you do. I never stated Christmas was used to brainwash kids to be religious slave like you did a couple posts ago.


What I am saying (not implying) is that I find it humorous that a bunch of folks who don't believe in a god come here to belittle others who believe. Post here or don't but I would think enlightened folks wouldn't want to continue to debate with a bunch of simpletons who believe in supposedly crazy stuff.

I mean I understand debates between Catholics and Baptists or Muslims and Christians but for a bunch of folks who believe in nothing to hang out where folks like myself want to brainwash you and make you slaves..............
You said... "yet you don't see me on Islamic forums" as if we are posting on a Christian Forum. This is NOT a Christian forum.
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:22   #62
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun
 
Animal Mother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 14,820
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schabesbert View Post
No, but at one time the uneducated people promulgated the false notion that "At one time a significant portion of the 'educated' world thought the Earth was flat..."
Do you prefer, "At one time a significant portion of the 'educated' world thought the Earth was motionless at the center of the universe"?
__________________
"Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair. Or beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you've got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
Animal Mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:32   #63
happyguy
Na Ben Don Chat
 
happyguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Indiana
Posts: 14,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
Because it's easy. You can kill hookers and snort all the coke you want on Saturday night... then go to church on Sunday... ask forgiveness and you're set.

Other religions require real dedication.

I know I know... those aren't real Christians and I don't know what I'm talking about... M'kay.
All I can say is your argument sucks because you don't make one. You just hurl insults.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy Whodoesloveyouinspiteofyourhatefulinvectives
__________________
"Success isn't a result of spontaneous combustion. You have to set yourself on fire." - Arnold H. Glasgow
happyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:25   #64
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyguy View Post
All I can say is your argument sucks because you don't make one. You just hurl insults.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy Whodoesloveyouinspiteofyourhatefulinvectives
My argument is true. No other religion requires less of its adherents than Christianity. And no other religion goes as easy on its adherents for failing to follow doctrine. This is why it's so popular. Because it's easy. Good old Jim and Martha have been married for 20 years... but OOPS! Jim has been banging his secretary for the last two years. IT'S OK GUYS! Just repent and everything is just dandy! Go talk to a muslim about dedication to their religion.
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:21   #65
Guss
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Tampa
Posts: 2,347
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
...
Can so few be right and so many be wrong?
What are the odds of that?
So I guess you are a Catholic, since half the world's Christians are.

Will you be ready to convert, though, when the Islamic people reproduce their way into the majority spot?
Guss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:27   #66
Sharkey
Senior Member
 
Sharkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 3,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
My argument is true. No other religion requires less of its adherents than Christianity. And no other religion goes as easy on its adherents for failing to follow doctrine. This is why it's so popular. Because it's easy. Good old Jim and Martha have been married for 20 years... but OOPS! Jim has been banging his secretary for the last two years. IT'S OK GUYS! Just repent and everything is just dandy! Go talk to a muslim about dedication to their religion.
Yep, I guess that is one way to view it. A bit myopic but hey no surprises really.
Yep being a Christian is a walk in the park. I guess that is why people in other countries continue to get slaughtered because of it. God no doubt forgives but doesn't remove the consequences for the sin. Your right, Muslims are dedicated. I guess they missed the memo in the ME about how easy Christianity is and you call is stupid.... ....
You are good at diversions though.
__________________
Our perception of God determines our communication with Him.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:55   #67
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
Yep being a Christian is a walk in the park.
What's so hard about it?


Quote:
God no doubt forgives but doesn't remove the consequences for the sin.
Ah so if you repent and are forgiven you're still going to be punished?
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:34   #68
scccdoc
Senior Member
 
scccdoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
What's so hard about it?




Ah so if you repent and are forgiven you're still going to be punished?
Are you really asking these questions or just playing the "straight" man?
scccdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:51   #69
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by scccdoc View Post
Are you really asking these questions or just playing the "straight" man?
I am a straight man... and yes I'm askin.
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:22   #70
Sharkey
Senior Member
 
Sharkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 3,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
What's so hard about it?




Ah so if you repent and are forgiven you're still going to be punished?
I already stated what was hard about it - people dying for their faith and facing persecution. Not that Christians have a lock on it but they do suffer, just not so much in the US.....yet.

I didn't say that (there you are with putting words in my mouth). What I said was God forgives sin bu doesn't necessarily remove the consequence of our sin. Nice spin you put on it though. I'd give an analogy but you would just think it was wrong.
__________________
Our perception of God determines our communication with Him.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:26   #71
Sharkey
Senior Member
 
Sharkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 3,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guss View Post

Will you be ready to convert, though, when the Islamic people reproduce their way into the majority spot?
I wouldn't worry too much about it. Not gonna happen if you subscribe to Biblical teaching. If you don't, I guess you could move up to MI in the Islamic enclave and see if you like it?
__________________
Our perception of God determines our communication with Him.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:46   #72
scccdoc
Senior Member
 
scccdoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
I am a straight man... and yes I'm askin.
One thing you've proven, it's easier to be an atheist than to comprehend and live the Bible.
scccdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:49   #73
happyguy
Na Ben Don Chat
 
happyguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Indiana
Posts: 14,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
But never as a result of their lack of a belief. No Atheist has ever killed anyone as a tenant of being Atheist. Never.
But they have certainly killed millions on the order of their atheist bosses.

No doubt we'll start splitting hairs and parsing sentences now.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy
__________________
"Success isn't a result of spontaneous combustion. You have to set yourself on fire." - Arnold H. Glasgow

Last edited by happyguy; 12-05-2012 at 12:51..
happyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:53   #74
muscogee
Senior Member
 
muscogee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 6,841


Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
Then why is it the world's largest religion?
http://chartsbin.com/view/3nr

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0904108.html

Christianity 2.1 billion
Islam 1.5 billion
Hinduism 900 million
Buddhism 376 million
Sikhism 23 million
Judaism 14 million
Bahaism 7 million
Confucianism 6.3 million
Jainism 4.2 million
Shintoism 4 million

Atheism makes up 2.32% of the world's population, while Christianity makes up 33.32%.

93.5% of the world's population follows one religion or another and believes in a higher power.

2.32% (atheists) do not.

Can so few be right and so many be wrong?
What are the odds of that?
Quote:
For many are called, but few are chosen. Matthew 22:14
Obviously most people who think they are Christians are mistaken, or Jesus was mistaken in which case they're all mistaken.
__________________
"We don't pay taxes. Only the little people pay taxes."

Leona Helmsley
muscogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:55   #75
muscogee
Senior Member
 
muscogee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 6,841


Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
If you haven't noticed by now JB, the majority of the world isn't exactly what most people would call smart. That's probably why Christianity is the biggest religion.
They're not what JB would call Christian either. He's the only True Scotsman.
__________________
"We don't pay taxes. Only the little people pay taxes."

Leona Helmsley
muscogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 13:42.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,154
355 Members
799 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42