SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-05-2012, 08:34   #21
Kentak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
Yes that's what did it, because it took God out of the children's lives during their most impressionable years. Some children now grow up without God in their lives, and today our society is worse off because of it.

Not allowing the 10 commandments to be posted in public buildings is another factor that has contributed to the downfall of our society.
I see--so it's GUBMINT that must bring God into children's lives, cuz without that, parents, families, Sunday schools and churches just aren't able to the job.

What other parenting tasks would you like GUBMINT to take over from parents and families?

Edited to add: This is fascinating to me. What you seem to be saying is that the draw and message of Christianity is so weak, that it cannot flourish unless small children are indoctrinated by government schools and by posting religious commandments in government buildings. That is what you are saying. Right?

Last edited by Kentak; 12-05-2012 at 08:44..
Kentak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:49   #22
Arc Angel
Deus Vult!

Wow, that's quite a hatchet job, Ken! I'm surprised at the way you went behind my back with it, too. I almost missed it; but, I guess, The Good Lord wanted me to have a chance to respond. So, why don't we start HERE! and let everybody read the entire thread instead of only the part you want people to consider. (How's that!)

Years ago when we first started talking I realized that there is a lot of active anti-Christian hatred burning inside of you. Frankly, I don't know how you're able to live peacefully with yourself while feeding such a growing dark monster, like this, inside your head?

How is it that you so completely fail to recognize that it's not about politics? It's not about nation, either. Don't you realize the INTELLECTUAL IMPOSSIBILITY of attempting to honestly serve God, and mammon all at the same time?

It can't be done, Ken!

It's about that God upon whose worship this nation was originally founded! Are you mad at me for trying to warn you that if you stay on your present downhill course your eternal soul really is going to be lost?

I suppose I should say something like, 'I'll pray for you;' but, quite frankly, I'm too much of a warrior for that. According to The Holy Bible the next time you meet The Lord Jesus Christ He'll have a sword in His hand; and He'll be too much of a warrior to pray for you, too.

You ought to try to save yourself, Buddy, before it's too late.

(This really is a remarkably underhanded sneaky thing for you to do; I think you should be ashamed of yourself for stooping to such a cheap angry ploy. The hatred inside you really is OBVIOUS!)

By the way, one thing I've got to THANK YOU for is the opportunity you've given me to witness for The Lord! (It is written that, 'God turns evil to good;' and, as far as I'm concerned, you just proved it!

Last edited by Arc Angel; 12-05-2012 at 17:20..
Arc Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:51   #23
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenpoprofessor View Post
I have yet to meet one "professed Christian" that has not been a hypocrite.
I have, but I can count them on one hand.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by Geko45; 12-05-2012 at 08:51..
Geko45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:53   #24
JBnTX
JB in Tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentak View Post
I see--so it's GUBMINT that must bring God into children's lives, cuz without that, parents, families, Sunday schools and churches just aren't able to the job.

What other parenting tasks would you like GUBMINT to take over from parents and families?

Edited to add: This is fascinating to me. What you seem to be saying is that the draw and message of Christianity is so weak, that it cannot flourish unless small children are indoctrinated by government schools and by posting religious commandments in government buildings. That is what you are saying. Right?
No, that's what you just said, not me.
I never mentioned anything about the government.

Don't you read your own posts?
JBnTX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:09   #25
Kentak

Arc, do you think I didn't believe you'd find this thread. You made your post on a public forum--it's fair game to use to make a point.

It's the *views* about the relationship between church and state expressed in your post that was the thrust of my post. Many others hold similar views, you just expressed it so clearly and timely. If you take it as a personal attack--that's something I have no control over.

I think you are a terribly sincere, but very, very misguided individual. You really would be happier living in a Christian theocratic nation. But, America isn't that--and never was, and never was intended to be.

I would be interested in hearing your reaction to the points I made above in #3. Up to you of course.

The pleasure you take in anticipating my comeuppance when I meet your god is very apparent. I know that's important to you.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:18   #26
Kentak

Quote:
No, that's what you just said, not me.
I never mentioned anything about the government.

Don't you read your own posts?
Good Grief! Do you even understand your own words?

You said:

Quote:
When they kicked God out of the schools and out of public buildings, and when they outlawed the 10 commandments.
You do know that public schools are government schools, public buildings are government buildings, and only government can outlaw something?

Last edited by Kentak; 12-05-2012 at 09:22..
Kentak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:26   #27
JBnTX
JB in Tx

Quote:
Good Grief! Do you even understand your own words?

You do know that public schools are government schools, public buildings are government buildings, and only government can outlaw something?
Well, there you go!
You figured it out!

I'm impressed.
JBnTX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:35   #28
happyguy
Man, I'm Pretty

Quote:
Read this post by a GT member, known to you all I'm sure.

I consider the views expressed in this post to be unAmerican and anti-liberty, but typical of the more extreme religious right.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showpost...0&postcount=10
I read the post and I fail to find anything un-Amarican or anti-liberty in it.

He did not advocate (at least in that post) forcing anyone to do anything.

Your post on the other hand is seems to me to be fueled by fear and anger.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy
Proverbs 21:31 The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but victory is of the LORD.

"I refuse to tip-toe through life only to arrive at death safely."

Last edited by happyguy; 12-05-2012 at 09:35..
happyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:40   #29
Arc Angel
Deus Vult!

Quote:
Arc, do you think I didn't believe you'd find this thread. You made your post on a public forum--it's fair game to use to make a point.

It's the *views* about the relationship between church and state expressed in your post that was the thrust of my post. Many others hold similar views, you just expressed it so clearly and timely. If you take it as a personal attack--that's something I have no control over.

I think you are a terribly sincere, but very, very misguided individual. You really would be happier living in a Christian theocratic nation. But, America isn't that--and never was, and never was intended to be.

I would be interested in hearing your reaction to the points I made above in #3. Up to you of course.

The pleasure you take in anticipating my comeuppance when I meet your god is very apparent. I know that's important to you.
No, Ken, what you did is, both, underhanded and vicious.

You certainly know me well enough to send me a PM in order to discuss whatever objections you have to anything I've said. We know each other well enough for you to have extended me that courtesy. (I would have done the same for you!)

Yes, I'm convinced that you tried to slip this one past me. You're a misguided, but not a stupid man; and you had some sort of covert personal agenda for not quoting me directly, and by name, rather than using an oblique web address, instead.

I'm not going to answer you any further than this. 'Wheat can't grow where it's choked out by tares.' Neither am I going to make the mistake of, 'giving that which is holy unto the dogs'. (Figuratively speaking, of course!)

Get this straight: I made no association between, 'church, and state' as you say. My thinking goes way beyond worldly institutions. I have directly alluded to THE HIGHER MORALITY OF GOD, instead.

If, as originally written, you object to anything I've said, it's not something about, 'church, and state'. It's about divine ethics, men's souls, and personal moral behaviors. (You clearly missed that; didn't you!)

I'm, now, done with you, Ken. We're, both, older men. You go to God in your way; and I'll go to God in mine. I'm certain we'll get all this straightened out, then. You really should have kept your mouth shut, Buddy. As you're, soon enough, going to discover for yourself, it's never a good thing when a man testifies against himself.

If not civil courtesy, if not common sense, you should have demonstrated more, 'godly fear'. If angels really do exist, right now, not one of them has missed this most recent mistake you've made.
Arc Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 13:00   #30
muscogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by G26S239 View Post
Luke 22:36 He that has no sword let him sell his cloak and buy one."
God tends to talk out of both sides of his mouth.

Leona Helmsley
muscogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 13:02   #31
muscogee

Quote:
Yes it does indicate that believers should be armed. It is also consistent with Psalm 149:6-7 "Let the high praise of the Lord be on their lips, and a two edge sword in their hand: To execute vengeance upon the heathen, and punishments upon the people:"

BTW Peter allegedly cut off a soldier's ear with a sword.
Sounds like a Muslim extremists.

Leona Helmsley
Old 12-05-2012, 13:05   #32
happyguy
Man, I'm Pretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscogee View Post
Sounds like a Muslim extremists.
You should be afraid...very afraid!

Praise God.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy
Proverbs 21:31 The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but victory is of the LORD.

Last edited by happyguy; 12-05-2012 at 13:06..
Old 12-05-2012, 13:10   #33
muscogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyguy View Post
You should be afraid...very afraid!

Praise God.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy
I am afraid....of religious fanatics.

Leona Helmsley
Old 12-05-2012, 14:02   #34
happyguy
Man, I'm Pretty

Quote:
I am afraid....of religious fanatics.
Bolt your doors and arm yourself! The Methodists are at the gates!

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy

Last edited by happyguy; 12-05-2012 at 14:03..
Old 12-05-2012, 14:08   #35
happyguy
Man, I'm Pretty

Quote:
God tends to talk out of both sides of his mouth.
Once again you seem incapable or unwilling to acknowledge that God doesn't want his children to be victimized.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy

Old 12-05-2012, 14:39   #36
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun

Quote:
When they kicked God out of the schools and out of public buildings, and when they outlawed the 10 commandments.
That has, for the most part, happened within the last 20 years. Is it your contention that before that time, the US was a " God-fearing, God-believing, and God-worshipping nation. "?
Old 12-05-2012, 15:38   #37
Guss

Quote:
A recent Gallup poll shows that the number of believers has held up well since then, so your fears are unfounded.
Guss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 15:40   #38
muscogee

Quote:
Once again you seem incapable or unwilling to acknowledge that God doesn't want his children to be victimized.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy
Why is that? His kingdom isn't of this world. What happens to you in this world doesn't matter as long as you keep the faith. Enduring difficulty is a test of your faith, which you obviously don't have.

Quote:
Blessed are you, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Matthew 5:11
You really haven't read the Bible have you?

Leona Helmsley
Old 12-05-2012, 15:54   #39
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Luke 22:36 He that has no sword let him sell his cloak and buy one."
But that's contradictory to Matthew 5:38-48.

You never see anyone touting the virtues of being a pacifist.

Theory:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Grace:

Big Bang:
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 15:55   #40
Glock36shooter

Quote:

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy
Yeah... he sure does look after his people doesn't he.... Holocaust anyone?

Theory:

Grace:

Big Bang:
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote