SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-04-2012, 21:25   #61
ArrowJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
What does that verse mean to you? Do you think Jesus approved of violence? Later when they raise their sword Jesus tells them to stop. Seems he may have been in favor of owning a sword but not using it. Odd guy.
I think it means it is quite possible to hold a high value on life, forgiveness, and loving others while at the same time believing in self defense without being odd. What does that verse mean to you?

Last edited by ArrowJ; 12-04-2012 at 21:26..
ArrowJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 22:28   #62
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist

Quote:
What does that verse mean to you? Do you think Jesus approved of violence? Later when they raise their sword Jesus tells them to stop. Seems he may have been in favor of owning a sword but not using it. Odd guy.

Yea, that's why if I'm going to pick an imaginary friend, I tend to side with Odin. He was a bad ass dude! I'm sure he wouldn't hesitate to smash the hammer into an infidel's skull, not to mention drink meid from it while they all drank off their ass in Valhalla!
OctoberRust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 23:25   #63
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowJ View Post
I think it means it is quite possible to hold a high value on life, forgiveness, and loving others while at the same time believing in self defense without being odd. What does that verse mean to you?
I think this is one if those times when Jesus really shows he's just a man. The walls are starting to close in on him and he's scared. He speaks about before being a time when they didn't need a wallet... And now is a time when they need a sword. I think his act of being this wise messiah is wearing slightly thin here... And for a moment... He's afraid.

Theory:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Grace:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Big Bang:
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 23:48   #64
Tilley
Man of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberRust View Post
...and a select few other religious zealots can do is ask about our personal lives?
I think you are a major ********* (stupid censors...you know...vinegar and water bag...) and could not care one bit about you.

Get over yourself...no one cares about you at all.

Wow. Being like you and that G36fool really feels awful. Do you ladies feel this bad all the time?

I will now return to my likable self!

edit: seriously...no one cares what you think or feel. You guys are a momentary flare-up in the lower levels of perdition. Perhaps if there was ever a serious discussion in this forum, more people would participate. This has turned into a place where twisted children acting like smart-ladiesmen-athletes-but-who-are-really-fat-internet-homo-virgins-who-still-live-with-their-momma's can come and insult people. Well, you ladies can keep what you got going here and know that you ladies aren't fooling anyone.

Last edited by Tilley; 12-05-2012 at 00:04..
Tilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 00:57   #65
Sarge1400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilley View Post
I think you are a major ********* (stupid censors...you know...vinegar and water bag...) and could not care one bit about you.

Wow. Being like you and that G36fool really feels awful. Do you ladies feel this bad all the time?

edit: seriously...no one cares what you think or feel. You guys are a momentary flare-up in the lower levels of perdition. Perhaps if there was ever a serious discussion in this forum, more people would participate. This has turned into a place where twisted children acting like smart-ladiesmen-athletes-but-who-are-really-fat-internet-homo-virgins-who-still-live-with-their-momma's can come and insult people. Well, you ladies can keep what you got going here and know that you ladies aren't fooling anyone.
All right, which one of you smart-asses put the sand in Tilley's panties?
Sarge1400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:30   #66
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilley View Post

Hey Trolley. I thought you weren't gonna post here anymore until people like me left.

Quote:
smart-ladiesmen-athletes-but-who-are-really-fat-internet-homo-virgins-who-still-live-with-their-momma's can come and insult people.
Man were you like seriously picked on in high school or something. You have serious self-esteem issues. By your own religious tenants... wouldn't us being virgins be a virtue if we've never married. But you use it as an insult. From your earlier claims to never return as long as people like myself were here, and this obvious contradiction towards your own faith... it would seem you've proven yourself to be a liar and a hypocrite. You Christians know how to do it don't ya?

Theory:

Grace:

Big Bang:
Old 12-05-2012, 01:41   #67
TK-421

Quote:
By your own religious tenants... wouldn't us being virgins be a virtue if we've never married.
It just means we can control tons of people and get fat sacks of cash if we have kids while we're "virgins".
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:33   #68
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasso View Post
Except that Christ isn't His name. It's a Greek word that mean annointed and was in use long before the Christ you are speaking was born. Most notably for Helios Christos, the sun god, who's birthday is Dec. 25.
Can you share the ancient sources which verify this claim?
Old 12-05-2012, 08:14   #69
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberRust View Post
What do you want to hear?

I was born and raised in a family with multiple religions, predominately christian in fact. my mother and some of my siblings are christian. I love them to death, but when they open their mouth, and I call them out on it, they realize they'd rather live in fantasy world instead of actually think.

I accept people of all religions, as long as you are not trying to legislate your morals onto me, or other Americans..... BUT, after all, this is the religious issues section of glocktalk, so I figured I'd open a thread for those who aren't aware christmas is NOT a christian holiday.

Oh, and christians who say "merry christmas" to me, I smile right back and say Merry Christmas. Same goes with any religion that says that.

anything else you'd like to know about my personal life, or would you like to continue getting your ass handed to you by glock36shooter and the others who constantly bring facts to the table, and all you, jb, and a select few other religious zealots can do is ask about our personal lives?
But, why are you so angry and bitter? There has to be more. Don't you want to figure it out? Or do you want to go through life the way you are now?
Old 12-05-2012, 08:53   #70
ArrowJ

Quote:
I think this is one if those times when Jesus really shows he's just a man. The walls are starting to close in on him and he's scared. He speaks about before being a time when they didn't need a wallet... And now is a time when they need a sword. I think his act of being this wise messiah is wearing slightly thin here... And for a moment... He's afraid.
In that case I am a little confused by your strong implication that Christians do not even understand the Bible if they believe Jesus would tell his disciples to carry a gun. Why even write that post when you actually believe He told his disciples to arm themselves when He realized He was not God? You seem to follow this pattern quite often.

Step one: imply that Christians are interpreting the Bible wrong. Step two: read the response that does not go the way you thought it would i.e. someone that has actually read the Bible responds. Step three: respond with an entirely different problem with Christianity than you first mentioned.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:36   #71
Glock36shooter

Quote:
In that case I am a little confused by your strong implication that Christians do not even understand the Bible if they believe Jesus would tell his disciples to carry a gun. Why even write that post when you actually believe He told his disciples to arm themselves when He realized He was not God? You seem to follow this pattern quite often.

Step one: imply that Christians are interpreting the Bible wrong. Step two: read the response that does not go the way you thought it would i.e. someone that has actually read the Bible responds. Step three: respond with an entirely different problem with Christianity than you first mentioned.
Because I know how some Christians interpret that verse. And I like to use it against them.

The Christian believes Christ is holy and perfect and promotes peace, love, and turning the other cheek. But if he is also promoting buying a sword and taking up arms this makes the messiah a hypocrite. And the Christian likes to absorb contradictions and claim it's the one pointing them out that doesn't understand the bible correctly. If Jesus was true to his style he would have told them to give their swords to those who would live by the sword, give their belongings to the poor and let the father's will be done.

However I see the Christ Character as just a man if he ever even truly existed. And here we see all his bluster and big talk about praying for your enemy and turning the other cheek wearing thin. He knows he's running out of time, he's pissed off the wrong people, and he's afraid for his life.

Either route pokes holes in him being this perfect individual.

Theory:

Grace:

Big Bang:
Old 12-05-2012, 11:27   #72
ArrowJ

So it is your belief that one cannot tell others to prefer love, kindness, peace, etc. while at the same time having the right to self defense? Perhaps you tell your children to prefer hate, meanness, war, etc. so that when they see you carrying a gun they do not think you are two faced?
Old 12-05-2012, 12:07   #73
Glock36shooter

Quote:
So it is your belief that one cannot tell others to prefer love, kindness, peace, etc. while at the same time having the right to self defense? Perhaps you tell your children to prefer hate, meanness, war, etc. so that when they see you carrying a gun they do not think you are two faced?
We're not talking about me... we're talking about the obvious contradiction in your Messiah's outlook in his final moments versus the philosophy he preached prior to that.

Theory:

Grace:

Big Bang:
Old 12-05-2012, 12:19   #74
ArrowJ

Quote:
We're not talking about me... we're talking about the obvious contradiction in your Messiah's outlook in his final moments versus the philosophy he preached prior to that.
Okay, so it was hypocritical for JESUS to teach peace at one point, but self defense later? Why is it hypocritical for him, but not for you and I?

If I tell my sons that they are not to fight on Monday, but tell them to fight back on Friday would it be an obvious contradiction? Is it possible that I have more to teach them than just the part I cover on Monday?

Edit: Bottom line I believe you are arguing a false dichotomy. In short, it is possible for me to believe in peace AND self defense. If it is possible for me it was possible for Jesus.

Last edited by ArrowJ; 12-05-2012 at 12:23..
Old 12-05-2012, 12:47   #75
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Okay, so it was hypocritical for JESUS to teach peace at one point, but self defense later? Why is it hypocritical for him, but not for you and I?

If I tell my sons that they are not to fight on Monday, but tell them to fight back on Friday would it be an obvious contradiction? Is it possible that I have more to teach them than just the part I cover on Monday?

Edit: Bottom line I believe you are arguing a false dichotomy. In short, it is possible for me to believe in peace AND self defense. If it is possible for me it was possible for Jesus.
Possible yes. But was it consistent with his overall teachings? Jesus preached non-violence, love, peace, turning the other cheek when you were stricken... not striking back in self defense or even striking first to prevent being stricken, praying for your enemy, having little possessions, selling all you have and giving it to the poor, and being meek.

And then in one little moment, one brief little snipit, he contradicts himself. I think out of fear. Almost as if to say "You know all the stuff I said about turning the other cheek and giving away all you have... yeah screw that... get you a wallet and a sword."

If you teach your sons to turn the other cheek when they are stricken on Monday and then tell them to fight back on friday... yeah... you're a hypocrite.

I teach my little girl that the one who wins a fight is the firstest with the mostest.

Theory:

Grace:

Big Bang:

Last edited by Glock36shooter; 12-05-2012 at 12:49..
Old 12-05-2012, 13:42   #76
Sharkey

Hmmm, you want Christians to accept your interpretation of Jesus' teaching when you don't even believe he is the messiah?

The world is full of hypocrites - Christian and otherwise.

I think your idea of who wins in fights might be a bit off too.
Old 12-05-2012, 13:48   #77
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist

so guys back on topic.

We all agree now that christmas is not a christian holiday, and originated from Saturnalia - a week of lawlessness where men got together and had gay sex with each other while beating their wives?
OctoberRust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 13:58   #78
oldman11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
It has it's roots in a Pagan holiday though. And last I heard, Christians hate Pagans because they don't believe in the god that Christians believe in. So why do they celebrate the birthday of Christ on a Pagan holiday?
Because way back then they didn't have a day to celebrate Christs birth day. They chose 12/25 because it was close to, or was, a pagan holiday; and the old Roman Christian leaders were trying to convert pagans. They felt it would be easier if Christs birth day coincided with their pagan holiday. Very old records indicate that Christ was actually born in the early spring. And so what difference does it really make?
oldman11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 14:09   #79
oldman11

Quote:
What do you think your savior would think about guns. Tools meant to kill.

If I had to guess I think he'd be sad that men felt they were necessary.

Or do you think Jesus would own a Glock?

Religious Issues
Actually it says in the Bible (paraphrased) if you own a cloak and no sword, then sell your cloak and buy a sword. Jesus never meant for anyone to not defend their self.
oldman11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 14:29   #80
happyguy
Man, I'm Pretty

Quote:
This is why Christians got seriously butt hurt when Religious Oriented Decorations were appropriately removed from public buildings and stores began saying "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas".

I usually reply, "Merry Christmas, what holiday were you referring to?" A clerk told me merry Christmas yesterday while I was shopping in KMart. Didn't ruin my day or anything.

At its core Christmas is fairly sinister. It's indoctrination for children. They're taught about another mythical being (Santa) who is also watching them and if they're good (according to good old Christian values of course) then they are rewarded with toys and candy. But they're warned that if they're bad they get nothing. And all the while singing songs about little lord Jesus laying in a manger. At its core it's brain washing. It's sort of an indoctrination primer. Once the child is old enough you tell them "there is no such thing as Santa... but Jesus is real... we're super serious this time." And because children trust the adults in their life they go right along with it. After all... they've been so well rewarded for their obedience up till now right?

Now I understand what happened to you. You've never forgiven your parents for lying to you about Santa Claus. It must have been such a trauma!
Regards,
Comrade Happyguy
Proverbs 21:31 The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but victory is of the LORD.

"I refuse to tip-toe through life only to arrive at death safely."

Last edited by happyguy; 12-05-2012 at 14:30..
happyguy is offline   Reply With Quote