GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-05-2012, 12:42   #76
Sharkey

Hmmm, you want Christians to accept your interpretation of Jesus' teaching when you don't even believe he is the messiah?

The world is full of hypocrites - Christian and otherwise.

I think your idea of who wins in fights might be a bit off too.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:48   #77
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist

so guys back on topic.

We all agree now that christmas is not a christian holiday, and originated from Saturnalia - a week of lawlessness where men got together and had gay sex with each other while beating their wives?
OctoberRust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:58   #78
oldman11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
It has it's roots in a Pagan holiday though. And last I heard, Christians hate Pagans because they don't believe in the god that Christians believe in. So why do they celebrate the birthday of Christ on a Pagan holiday?
Because way back then they didn't have a day to celebrate Christs birth day. They chose 12/25 because it was close to, or was, a pagan holiday; and the old Roman Christian leaders were trying to convert pagans. They felt it would be easier if Christs birth day coincided with their pagan holiday. Very old records indicate that Christ was actually born in the early spring. And so what difference does it really make?
oldman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 13:09   #79
oldman11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
What do you think your savior would think about guns. Tools meant to kill.

If I had to guess I think he'd be sad that men felt they were necessary.

Or do you think Jesus would own a Glock?

Religious Issues
Actually it says in the Bible (paraphrased) if you own a cloak and no sword, then sell your cloak and buy a sword. Jesus never meant for anyone to not defend their self.
oldman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 13:29   #80
happyguy
Na Ben Don Chat

Quote:
This is why Christians got seriously butt hurt when Religious Oriented Decorations were appropriately removed from public buildings and stores began saying "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas".

I usually reply, "Merry Christmas, what holiday were you referring to?" A clerk told me merry Christmas yesterday while I was shopping in KMart. Didn't ruin my day or anything.

At its core Christmas is fairly sinister. It's indoctrination for children. They're taught about another mythical being (Santa) who is also watching them and if they're good (according to good old Christian values of course) then they are rewarded with toys and candy. But they're warned that if they're bad they get nothing. And all the while singing songs about little lord Jesus laying in a manger. At its core it's brain washing. It's sort of an indoctrination primer. Once the child is old enough you tell them "there is no such thing as Santa... but Jesus is real... we're super serious this time." And because children trust the adults in their life they go right along with it. After all... they've been so well rewarded for their obedience up till now right?

Now I understand what happened to you. You've never forgiven your parents for lying to you about Santa Claus. It must have been such a trauma!
Regards,
Comrade Happyguy

Last edited by happyguy; 12-05-2012 at 13:30..
happyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 13:35   #81
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
Hmmm, you want Christians to accept your interpretation of Jesus' teaching when you don't even believe he is the messiah?
LOL no... I know you guys will believe what you want despite what the bible actually says. No religion is more full of hypocrisy and contradiction than Christianity. But you guys are very good at mental gynastics and pounding all the puzzle pieces until they fit and make the picture you wanna see.

Quote:
I think your idea of who wins in fights might be a bit off too.
No it isn't.
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 13:37   #82
happyguy
Na Ben Don Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberRust View Post
so guys back on topic.

We all agree now that christmas is not a christian holiday, and originated from Saturnalia - a week of lawlessness where men got together and had gay sex with each other while beating their wives?
Sounds like just your kind of holiday?

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy

Last edited by happyguy; 12-05-2012 at 13:38..
Old 12-05-2012, 13:38   #83
TK-421

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman11 View Post
Because way back then they didn't have a day to celebrate Christs birth day. They chose 12/25 because it was close to, or was, a pagan holiday; and the old Roman Christian leaders were trying to convert pagans. They felt it would be easier if Christs birth day coincided with their pagan holiday. Very old records indicate that Christ was actually born in the early spring. And so what difference does it really make?
What difference does it make? That poorly educated people vehemently proclaim that December 25th is christ's actual birthday, and that that is the only reason it is celebrated, and it is entirely christian with absolutely no pagan ties at all. Which means it's fun to laugh at them.
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 13:39   #84
TK-421

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
Nah, just want Christians to accept what is actually in the bible, instead of their interpretation of it, which generally includes leaving out all the little pieces they don't like.
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 13:40   #85
happyguy
Na Ben Don Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
Nah, just want Christians to accept what is actually in the bible, instead of their interpretation of it, which generally includes leaving out all the little pieces they don't like.
Expletive deleted

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy

Last edited by happyguy; 12-05-2012 at 13:40..
Old 12-05-2012, 13:48   #86
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Actually it says in the Bible (paraphrased) if you own a cloak and no sword, then sell your cloak and buy a sword. Jesus never meant for anyone to not defend their self.
I don't disagree. Only that Christ is a hypocrite for saying it.

Jesus plainly states that you are not to resist an evil person and that if they slap your right cheek turn to them the left.

Matthew 5:
(38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:

39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.)

He also instructs you to love and pray for your enemy. He says you aren't doing anything remarkable by just loving those who love you back. By not striking those who strike you and by loving them anyway you are being perfect like the father.

Matthew 5:
(43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.

44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?

47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?

48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.)

So for Christ to later say to grab a wallet and take up a sword is very hypocritical.
Old 12-05-2012, 13:51   #87
happyguy
Na Ben Don Chat

Quote:
I don't disagree. Only that Christ is a hypocrite for saying it.

Jesus plainly states that you are not to resist an evil person and that if they slap your right cheek turn to them the left.

Yet that is as far as it goes. If you slap me the first time, I am not to respond. When you slap me the second time...

Matthew 5:
(38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:

This is actually a limit on punishment and it is not aimed at the citizenry using it on their own but rather goverhment and the courts.

39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.)

See above.

He also instructs you to love and pray for your enemy. He says you aren't doing anything remarkable by just loving those who love you back. By not striking those who strike you and by loving them anyway you are being perfect like the father.

Yes, you love and pray for your enemy. But you don't yield to someone who is trying to harm you.
Matthew 5:
(43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.

44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?

47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?

48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.)

You are taking a sermon telling people how best to serve God and completely and deliberately misinterpreting it to your own ends.

So for Christ to later say to grab a wallet and take up a sword is very hypocritical.

Considering he was sending his disciples out alone into some of the most dangerous territory on earth, it was good advice. If he had gone on to tell them to kill the unbelievers that they couldn't convert, I would agree with you, but he didn't.
Two things:

1. You totally don't understand what you just posted.

2. You totally don't understand what you just posted.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy

Last edited by happyguy; 12-05-2012 at 15:34..
Old 12-05-2012, 13:55   #88
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyguy View Post
I usually reply, "Merry Christmas, what holiday were you referring to?"
There are a number of holidays that are going on this time of year.

Quote:
I was shopping in KMart.
LOL... you shop at Kmart.

Quote:
Now I understand what happened to you. You've never forgiven your parents for lying to you about Santa Claus. It must have been such a trauma!
Eh I forgive my parents for telling me lies. They were just doing what all other Christian parents do to their children.
Old 12-05-2012, 13:56   #89
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Two things:

1. You totally don't understand what you just posted.

2. You totally don't understand what you just posted.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy
yeah I know. The bible means something completely different than what it actually says. I keep waiting to get my magical decoder ring in the mail.

You folks and your mental gymnastics.
Old 12-05-2012, 14:10   #90
happyguy
Na Ben Don Chat

Quote:

LOL... you shop at Kmart.

Yeah, so what. Where do you shop? Rodeo Drive?

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy
Old 12-05-2012, 14:11   #91
happyguy
Na Ben Don Chat

Quote:
They were just doing what all other Christian parents do to their children.
I think we are starting to get to the crux of the issue. Please go on.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy
Old 12-05-2012, 14:15   #92
randrew379

Quote:
What records are you referring to?

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
randrew379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 14:17   #93
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Yeah, so what. Where do you shop?
LOL... not Kmart.

Quote:
I think we are starting to get to the crux of the issue. Please go on.
No crux at all. I adore my parents. Well parent now. My dad passed on a while back. They'r good people. They were doing what they thought was right. What everyone else they knew were doing. Had you asked them they wouldn't have considered it lying (More Christian Mental Gymnastics) but they were. They thought they were doing the right thing to send me to Bible Camp, and Christian Retreats, and Sunday School, and Vacation Bible School. I got a pretty good education on the bible as a young man. Perhaps a little too good. The more I studied it the more I saw how absolutely full of crap it was.
Old 12-05-2012, 15:03   #94
happyguy
Na Ben Don Chat

Quote:
LOL... not Kmart.
Why not?

I walk past it every day on my way to lunch. Is it low brow to stop in and pick something up?

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy

Last edited by happyguy; 12-05-2012 at 15:06..
Old 12-05-2012, 15:09   #95
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Why not?

I walk past it every day on my way to lunch. Is it low brow to stop in and pick something up?
LOL I just don't shop at Kmart.
Old 12-05-2012, 15:12   #96
Cream Soda Kid

Quote:
Because I took you out of your Utopia for a moment?

It was scary, seeing the world in a more realistic view, huh? Ok, back to your church you go now, I know reality is only for the big boys.
You're a putz.
Cream Soda Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 15:23   #97
happyguy
Na Ben Don Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream Soda Kid View Post
You're a putz.
I didn't know his name was Richard.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy

Last edited by happyguy; 12-05-2012 at 15:26..
Old 12-05-2012, 15:32   #98
Schabesbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal Mother View Post
Can you share the ancient sources which verify this claim?
HE is the source. BRASSO is the one who determines truth.

Ho kurios mou, kai ho theos mou
Schabesbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 15:34   #99
Schabesbert

Quote:
so guys back on topic.

No, but you are apparently content with making stuff up, so have at it.

Old 12-05-2012, 15:38   #100
Schabesbert

Quote:
Nope, not really.

Very old records show that the belief was that Christ was incarnated in the spring, which could very well mean that his conception was at that time. March 25th (the feast of the Annunciation) was the best guess, given the ancient Jewish belief in the integral age of prophets and given that they thiought that He died on March 25th. IF Mary's pregnancy lasted exactly 9 months (the best guess, although by no means a certainty), that brings us to: December 25th!!