Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-04-2012, 23:36   #76
hogship
It's MY Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
Which moral code? If you mean the christian stylized moral code, that one has already been degrading for quite a while.
If you believe that prostitution is something that your sons and daughters should believe is acceptable behavior, and has no morality issues involved with that behavior, then yes.....I am speaking about a moral code that is different than yours.

Because it is different than yours, I am speaking about my sense of morality, and not yours. Do you understand this is an opinion of mine? I understand that others may not share the same opinion as I do, but when I speak of moral code, I'm speaking about MY beliefs as to what it means to me, and I exclude those who disagree with me from my statements......this is what is better known as "freedom of speech".

ooc
Visit my Vietnam photo album, 1968-69 click on link
www.picturetrail.com/taipan22alpha
hogship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 00:01   #77
TK-421

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogship View Post
If you believe that prostitution is something that your sons and daughters should believe is acceptable behavior, and has no morality issues involved with that behavior, then yes.....I am speaking about a moral code that is different than yours.

Because it is different than yours, I am speaking about my sense of morality, and not yours. Do you understand this is an opinion of mine? I understand that others may not share the same opinion as I do, but when I speak of moral code, I'm speaking about MY beliefs as to what it means to me, and I exclude those who disagree with me from my statements......this is what is better known as "freedom of speech".

ooc
Well then maybe you need to learn to be more specific about what you're talking about, because when you say

Quote:
and ultimately degrade the general moral code of Americans.
people take that to mean that you're talking about the general moral code of all Americans, not just your moral code.

So you're okay with sex if the guy buys the girls drinks, or takes her to dinner and the movies, or listens to her nag, or other various things that tend to happen. But you're not okay with it if the guy just bypasses all the time and other useless stuff, and pays for it all up front? Does that mean you think nagging needs to be involved in the equation? Because I'm sure the hookers wouldn't mind nagging to their clients if that's what it took to make it morally acceptable.

And if I'm wrong about that, then please, explain to me exactly why it's morally wrong. Because what I see is a guy saving himself some money and the huge headaches that tend to occur when trying to get into a woman's pants in what is apparently the "proper" way.
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 00:16   #78
hogship
It's MY Island

Quote:
Well then maybe you need to learn to be more specific about what you're talking about, because when you say

people take that to mean that you're talking about the general moral code of all Americans, not just your moral code.

So you're okay with sex if the guy buys the girls drinks, or takes her to dinner and the movies, or listens to her nag, or other various things that tend to happen. But you're not okay with it if the guy just bypasses all the time and other useless stuff, and pays for it all up front? Does that mean you think nagging needs to be involved in the equation? Because I'm sure the hookers wouldn't mind nagging to their clients if that's what it took to make it morally acceptable.

And if I'm wrong about that, then please, explain to me exactly why it's morally wrong. Because what I see is a guy saving himself some money and the huge headaches that tend to occur when trying to get into a woman's pants in what is apparently the "proper" way.
TK......

Yes......I AM absolutely talking about the moral code of ALL AMERICANS, as I see it. I don't know why this is so hard for you to understand.

NO, I am definitely NOT OK with sex after buying drinks, either. This is also an opinion.......but, my beliefs are that an emotional connection is necessary to make sex the kind of experience that it should be......not just an animal instinct. In order for that "connection" to happen, it takes time, patience, and an understanding between each participant. Women NEED this more than men do......and, I sense that you just haven't learned this yet!

As to your request for enlightenment on morality issues.......Considering your input so far, I don't think I CAN explain these things so that you'll agree, or understand what I'm trying to convey.......but, you probably will (or, hopefully will) when you have more of what life's lessons have to offer.....

ooc

Last edited by hogship; 12-05-2012 at 00:24..
Old 12-05-2012, 00:34   #79
TK-421

Quote:
TK......

Yes......I AM absolutely talking about the moral code of ALL AMERICANS, as I see it. I don't know why this is so hard for you to understand.

NO, I am definitely NOT OK with sex after buying drinks, either. This is also an opinion.......but, my beliefs are that an emotional connection is necessary to make sex the kind of experience that it should be......not just an animal instinct. In order for that "connection" to happen, it takes time, patience, and an understanding between each participant. Women NEED this more than men do......and, I sense that you just haven't learned this yet!

As to your request for enlightenment on morality issues.......Considering your input so far, I don't think I CAN explain these things so that you'll agree, or understand what I'm trying to convey.......but, you probably will (or, hopefully will) when you get more of what life's lessons have to give.....

ooc
The moral code of Americans as you see it? What kind of fantasy world are you living in? From what I've seen of my generation as I've grown up, we don't have a moral code.

And it's so hard for me to understand because you weren't being specific enough. All you said was "the moral code of americans", you never said "the moral code of americans, as I see it." Believe it or not, in the english language at least, there is a difference between those two phrases.

If women need that connection so bad, why do they have one-night stands? It takes two to tango. So why do they tango if they need a connection with their partner?

When did you begin believing that sex needs a romantic connection? What made you start believing that?

Oh, and if you can formulate your ideas into words, I'm sure you can explain your reasons why, and I'm smart enough I'll be able to understand. But I would consider it asinine if you tried to explain them in a way that would get me to agree with you, because that's just not going to happen. Instead, it would work better if you explained in them in a way so as to help me better understand your thought process, because that's the part I'm interested in.

I've learned enough of life's lessons to come to the belief that sex is just sex, it's just something people do these days. I've heard rumor that it's better when you're doing it with someone you love, but I can't afford to be in love right now. So I'll just have to wait and find out that later. But even when I do try it with someone I love, it'll still just be sex.
Old 12-05-2012, 00:41   #80
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Quote:
Does that mean you think nagging needs to be involved in the equation? Because I'm sure the hookers wouldn't mind nagging to their clients if that's what it took to make it morally acceptable.
Dude chill. You're not helping.

Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 00:52   #81
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Quote:
TK......

ooc
I find it strange to even have an opinion on the sex lives of others. I've done some pretty amazing and even a little freaky stuff with lots of girls and never once thought to myself, "Wow, that was so amazing that I should form the opinion that other people should only do it this way under these circumstances. What the hell do they know about sex anyway. I'm clearly the authority here. I mean look how awesome I just was. I will heretofore refer to anything less as immoral and lobby my government to prevent any deviation from my newly declared sexual norm."

Yeah, those kinds of people are ****ing SICK!

Last edited by Gunhaver; 12-05-2012 at 01:03..
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 00:55   #82
TK-421

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
I find it strange to even have an opinion on the sex lives of others. I've done some pretty amazing and even a little freaky stuff with lots of girls and never once thought to myself, "Wow, that was so amazing that I should form the opinion that other people should only do it this way under these circumstances. What the hell do they know about sex anyway. I'm clearly the authority here. I mean look how awesome I just was. I will heretofore refer to anything less as immoral and lobby my government to prevent any deviation from my newly declared sexual norm.

Yeah, those kinds of people are ****ing SICK!
Well obviously you don't have any morals mister. Because if you did, then you'd know damn well that you better force those morals on every heathen around you, otherwise they will all rot in hell, and everybody needs to be SAVED!!!
Old 12-05-2012, 05:31   #83
hogship
It's MY Island

I'm posting only to let others know I've read their posts. I've nothing further to add to my statements, other than to point out the posts since my last post are an indication of the current directions of our country......and our loss of moral integrity.

I grew up with parents of the WW2 generation, and grandparents of the WW1 generation.......and, you can find those in these generations who didn't have a high sense of moral integrity......but, it was what these past Americans universally believed to be truths, which led to a certain level of integrity and honor in relationships, as well as a national identity of honor, dignity, and integrity......this is what is slipping away in America, and I fear for what we have become.

This is not to be misconstrued to mean there aren't examples of current young Americans who "get it".......only that they are a small minority, and not representative of the overall make-up of our country's current conception of foundational beliefs. It is among these young Americans whom I hope will be able to turn the tide for their generation......

ooc

Last edited by hogship; 12-05-2012 at 05:45..
Old 12-05-2012, 07:18   #84
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Well, for those of you who want prostitution, drugs, whatever, legalized, I think the good news is that we are definitely headed in the direction of anything goes in this country.

If you just hang on long enough, I doubt there will be anything that you can't legally do.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:33   #85
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
Well, for those of you who want prostitution, drugs, whatever, legalized, I think the good news is that we are definitely headed in the direction of anything goes in this country.

If you just hang on long enough, I doubt there will be anything that you can't legally do.
If everything is legal, you can eliminate crime.
Cavalry Doc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:34   #86
Gundude

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post

Sounds great!

Which country are you in, because the one I'm in forbids a person to even light up a cigarette in 90% of businesses, even if the owner is fine with it. In fact the owner would get in more trouble than the person who did it! These rules are getting tighter and more widespread every day. I'm not even a smoker but I fear what the next "unpopular" thing is to be on the chopping block.

So please tell me where you're referring to by "this country".
Gundude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:57   #87
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
Sounds great!

Which country are you in, because the one I'm in forbids a person to even light up a cigarette in 90% of businesses, even if the owner is fine with it. In fact the owner would get in more trouble than the person who did it! These rules are getting tighter and more widespread every day. I'm not even a smoker but I fear what the next "unpopular" thing is to be on the chopping block.

So please tell me where you're referring to by "this country".
Stuff like smoking in public and 44 oz Big Gulps being prohibited are anomolies in the general trend of anything goes.

Last edited by series1811; 12-05-2012 at 08:57..
series1811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:21   #88
Zombie Surgeon
MODELATOR

Prostitution is the oldest trade in the history of human civilization. It should be legal if it is not forced upon anybody and involves consenting adults.

P.S. Just to make clear: I am a hard-line conservative and a Christian.

Last edited by Zombie Surgeon; 12-05-2012 at 09:26..
Zombie Surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:22   #89
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.

Northern ones at that.'08.

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.
kirgi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:41   #90
walt cowan

If a woman can abort a child from her body, why not let her sell the same? It's only freedom of choice.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:36   #91
dbcooper

Quote:
TK......

As to your request for enlightenment on morality issues.......Considering your input so far, I don't think I CAN explain these things so that you'll agree, or understand what I'm trying to convey.......but, you probably will (or, hopefully will) when you have more of what life's lessons have to offer.....

ooc
One of the best nights I ever had was with a woman I hated, I guess that's an emotional connection

Old 12-05-2012, 15:54   #92
cajun_chooter

prostitution will be legalized when politicans can decide how to keep a tally on the "tricks" so they can collect their fair share..
cajun_chooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 19:13   #93
SCmasterblaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
Can't see the forest for the trees, can you?

Is robbing a bank for the money just capitalism too?
What about murdering someone for money?

Excellent points here.
Old 12-05-2012, 19:26   #94
TK-421

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCmasterblaster View Post
Excellent points here.
Except for the fact that murder has a victim, and robbing a bank has a victim, sometimes even multiple victims.

Consensual sex between adults, where one gives the other money in return? No victims. Ask the girls in the brothels in Nevada if they feel victimized.
Old 12-05-2012, 19:39   #95
SCmasterblaster

Quote:
Except for the fact that murder has a victim, and robbing a bank has a victim, sometimes even multiple victims.

Consensual sex between adults, where one gives the other money in return? No victims. Ask the girls in the brothels in Nevada if they feel victimized.
Except when the guy has AIDS. He victimizes the ho.
Old 12-05-2012, 19:45   #96
TK-421

Quote:
Except when the guy has AIDS. He victimizes the ho.
And that is exactly why we legalize prostitution and start regulating it. The girls get STD checks weekly, and the guys get STD checks every time they want to sleep with a girl. Only let the STD free guys sleep with the girls, and make sure the girls are always STD free.
Old 12-05-2012, 19:48   #97
SCmasterblaster

Quote:
And that is exactly why we legalize prostitution and start regulating it. The girls get STD checks weekly, and the guys get STD checks every time they want to sleep with a girl. Only let the STD free guys sleep with the girls, and make sure the girls are always STD free.
And then there are condoms . . . .
Old 12-05-2012, 19:50   #98
TK-421

Quote:
And then there are condoms . . . .
Condoms suck, they kill the feeling.
Old 12-05-2012, 19:56   #99
SCmasterblaster

Quote:
Condoms suck, they kill the feeling.
Is this the cause for all of the abortions every year?
Old 12-05-2012, 19:58   #100
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
How many of you here are good with your sons and daughters being taught that prostitution is nothing but a capitalism issue......and doesn't have anything to do with right vs wrong, proper vs improper, moral vs immoral?
I saw that you don't intend to clarify your responses, but I'll merely make a point...

This is all just a part of parenting. Some parents distill into their children that drinking alcohol is wrong even when of legal age.

With legalized marijuana, parents will be teaching children their personal take on marijuana use.

Some parents teach their children that premarital sex is wrong, even after reaching the age of legal consent.

It should be no different to teach children the parents' view on prostitution.

-ArtificialGrape
ArtificialGrape is offline   Reply With Quote