GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 23:36   #76
hogship
It's MY Island
 
hogship's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Northwest territory, pardner!
Posts: 11,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
Which moral code? If you mean the christian stylized moral code, that one has already been degrading for quite a while.
If you believe that prostitution is something that your sons and daughters should believe is acceptable behavior, and has no morality issues involved with that behavior, then yes.....I am speaking about a moral code that is different than yours.

Because it is different than yours, I am speaking about my sense of morality, and not yours. Do you understand this is an opinion of mine? I understand that others may not share the same opinion as I do, but when I speak of moral code, I'm speaking about MY beliefs as to what it means to me, and I exclude those who disagree with me from my statements......this is what is better known as "freedom of speech".

ooc
__________________
NRA/VFW life, Harley Davidson FXDX, very patriotic!
Old iron pumper w/pony tail, Christian, lathe artist
Rock'n'Roll, AC/DC & Elvis! Clings to religion & guns!
Visit my Vietnam photo album, 1968-69 click on link
www.picturetrail.com/taipan22alpha
hogship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 00:01   #77
TK-421
Senior Member
 
TK-421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogship View Post
If you believe that prostitution is something that your sons and daughters should believe is acceptable behavior, and has no morality issues involved with that behavior, then yes.....I am speaking about a moral code that is different than yours.

Because it is different than yours, I am speaking about my sense of morality, and not yours. Do you understand this is an opinion of mine? I understand that others may not share the same opinion as I do, but when I speak of moral code, I'm speaking about MY beliefs as to what it means to me, and I exclude those who disagree with me from my statements......this is what is better known as "freedom of speech".

ooc
Well then maybe you need to learn to be more specific about what you're talking about, because when you say

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogship View Post
and ultimately degrade the general moral code of Americans.
people take that to mean that you're talking about the general moral code of all Americans, not just your moral code.

So you're okay with sex if the guy buys the girls drinks, or takes her to dinner and the movies, or listens to her nag, or other various things that tend to happen. But you're not okay with it if the guy just bypasses all the time and other useless stuff, and pays for it all up front? Does that mean you think nagging needs to be involved in the equation? Because I'm sure the hookers wouldn't mind nagging to their clients if that's what it took to make it morally acceptable.

And if I'm wrong about that, then please, explain to me exactly why it's morally wrong. Because what I see is a guy saving himself some money and the huge headaches that tend to occur when trying to get into a woman's pants in what is apparently the "proper" way.
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 00:16   #78
hogship
It's MY Island
 
hogship's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Northwest territory, pardner!
Posts: 11,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
Well then maybe you need to learn to be more specific about what you're talking about, because when you say



people take that to mean that you're talking about the general moral code of all Americans, not just your moral code.

So you're okay with sex if the guy buys the girls drinks, or takes her to dinner and the movies, or listens to her nag, or other various things that tend to happen. But you're not okay with it if the guy just bypasses all the time and other useless stuff, and pays for it all up front? Does that mean you think nagging needs to be involved in the equation? Because I'm sure the hookers wouldn't mind nagging to their clients if that's what it took to make it morally acceptable.

And if I'm wrong about that, then please, explain to me exactly why it's morally wrong. Because what I see is a guy saving himself some money and the huge headaches that tend to occur when trying to get into a woman's pants in what is apparently the "proper" way.
TK......

Yes......I AM absolutely talking about the moral code of ALL AMERICANS, as I see it. I don't know why this is so hard for you to understand.

NO, I am definitely NOT OK with sex after buying drinks, either. This is also an opinion.......but, my beliefs are that an emotional connection is necessary to make sex the kind of experience that it should be......not just an animal instinct. In order for that "connection" to happen, it takes time, patience, and an understanding between each participant. Women NEED this more than men do......and, I sense that you just haven't learned this yet!

As to your request for enlightenment on morality issues.......Considering your input so far, I don't think I CAN explain these things so that you'll agree, or understand what I'm trying to convey.......but, you probably will (or, hopefully will) when you have more of what life's lessons have to offer.....

ooc
__________________
NRA/VFW life, Harley Davidson FXDX, very patriotic!
Old iron pumper w/pony tail, Christian, lathe artist
Rock'n'Roll, AC/DC & Elvis! Clings to religion & guns!
Visit my Vietnam photo album, 1968-69 click on link
www.picturetrail.com/taipan22alpha

Last edited by hogship; 12-05-2012 at 00:24..
hogship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 00:34   #79
TK-421
Senior Member
 
TK-421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogship View Post
TK......

Yes......I AM absolutely talking about the moral code of ALL AMERICANS, as I see it. I don't know why this is so hard for you to understand.

NO, I am definitely NOT OK with sex after buying drinks, either. This is also an opinion.......but, my beliefs are that an emotional connection is necessary to make sex the kind of experience that it should be......not just an animal instinct. In order for that "connection" to happen, it takes time, patience, and an understanding between each participant. Women NEED this more than men do......and, I sense that you just haven't learned this yet!

As to your request for enlightenment on morality issues.......Considering your input so far, I don't think I CAN explain these things so that you'll agree, or understand what I'm trying to convey.......but, you probably will (or, hopefully will) when you get more of what life's lessons have to give.....

ooc
The moral code of Americans as you see it? What kind of fantasy world are you living in? From what I've seen of my generation as I've grown up, we don't have a moral code.

And it's so hard for me to understand because you weren't being specific enough. All you said was "the moral code of americans", you never said "the moral code of americans, as I see it." Believe it or not, in the english language at least, there is a difference between those two phrases.

If women need that connection so bad, why do they have one-night stands? It takes two to tango. So why do they tango if they need a connection with their partner?

When did you begin believing that sex needs a romantic connection? What made you start believing that?

Oh, and if you can formulate your ideas into words, I'm sure you can explain your reasons why, and I'm smart enough I'll be able to understand. But I would consider it asinine if you tried to explain them in a way that would get me to agree with you, because that's just not going to happen. Instead, it would work better if you explained in them in a way so as to help me better understand your thought process, because that's the part I'm interested in.

I've learned enough of life's lessons to come to the belief that sex is just sex, it's just something people do these days. I've heard rumor that it's better when you're doing it with someone you love, but I can't afford to be in love right now. So I'll just have to wait and find out that later. But even when I do try it with someone I love, it'll still just be sex.
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 00:41   #80
Gunhaver
the wrong hands
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,736
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
Does that mean you think nagging needs to be involved in the equation? Because I'm sure the hookers wouldn't mind nagging to their clients if that's what it took to make it morally acceptable.
Dude chill. You're not helping.





Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 00:52   #81
Gunhaver
the wrong hands
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,736
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogship View Post
TK......



NO, I am definitely NOT OK with sex after buying drinks, either. This is also an opinion.......but, my beliefs are that an emotional connection is necessary to make sex the kind of experience that it should be......not just an animal instinct. In order for that "connection" to happen, it takes time, patience, and an understanding between each participant. Women NEED this more than men do......and, I sense that you just haven't learned this yet!



ooc
I find it strange to even have an opinion on the sex lives of others. I've done some pretty amazing and even a little freaky stuff with lots of girls and never once thought to myself, "Wow, that was so amazing that I should form the opinion that other people should only do it this way under these circumstances. What the hell do they know about sex anyway. I'm clearly the authority here. I mean look how awesome I just was. I will heretofore refer to anything less as immoral and lobby my government to prevent any deviation from my newly declared sexual norm."

Yeah, those kinds of people are ****ing SICK!

Last edited by Gunhaver; 12-05-2012 at 01:03..
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 00:55   #82
TK-421
Senior Member
 
TK-421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
I find it strange to even have an opinion on the sex lives of others. I've done some pretty amazing and even a little freaky stuff with lots of girls and never once thought to myself, "Wow, that was so amazing that I should form the opinion that other people should only do it this way under these circumstances. What the hell do they know about sex anyway. I'm clearly the authority here. I mean look how awesome I just was. I will heretofore refer to anything less as immoral and lobby my government to prevent any deviation from my newly declared sexual norm.

Yeah, those kinds of people are ****ing SICK!
Well obviously you don't have any morals mister. Because if you did, then you'd know damn well that you better force those morals on every heathen around you, otherwise they will all rot in hell, and everybody needs to be SAVED!!!
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:31   #83
hogship
It's MY Island
 
hogship's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Northwest territory, pardner!
Posts: 11,701
I'm posting only to let others know I've read their posts. I've nothing further to add to my statements, other than to point out the posts since my last post are an indication of the current directions of our country......and our loss of moral integrity.

I grew up with parents of the WW2 generation, and grandparents of the WW1 generation.......and, you can find those in these generations who didn't have a high sense of moral integrity......but, it was what these past Americans universally believed to be truths, which led to a certain level of integrity and honor in relationships, as well as a national identity of honor, dignity, and integrity......this is what is slipping away in America, and I fear for what we have become.

This is not to be misconstrued to mean there aren't examples of current young Americans who "get it".......only that they are a small minority, and not representative of the overall make-up of our country's current conception of foundational beliefs. It is among these young Americans whom I hope will be able to turn the tide for their generation......

ooc
__________________
NRA/VFW life, Harley Davidson FXDX, very patriotic!
Old iron pumper w/pony tail, Christian, lathe artist
Rock'n'Roll, AC/DC & Elvis! Clings to religion & guns!
Visit my Vietnam photo album, 1968-69 click on link
www.picturetrail.com/taipan22alpha

Last edited by hogship; 12-05-2012 at 05:45..
hogship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:18   #84
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.
 
series1811's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Retired, but not expired.
Posts: 14,311
Well, for those of you who want prostitution, drugs, whatever, legalized, I think the good news is that we are definitely headed in the direction of anything goes in this country.

If you just hang on long enough, I doubt there will be anything that you can't legally do.
__________________
I sure miss the country I grew up in.
series1811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:33   #85
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)
 
Cavalry Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 41,196


Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
Well, for those of you who want prostitution, drugs, whatever, legalized, I think the good news is that we are definitely headed in the direction of anything goes in this country.

If you just hang on long enough, I doubt there will be anything that you can't legally do.
If everything is legal, you can eliminate crime.
Cavalry Doc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:34   #86
Gundude
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 6,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
Well, for those of you who want prostitution, drugs, whatever, legalized, I think the good news is that we are definitely headed in the direction of anything goes in this country.

If you just hang on long enough, I doubt there will be anything that you can't legally do.
Sounds great!





...





Which country are you in, because the one I'm in forbids a person to even light up a cigarette in 90% of businesses, even if the owner is fine with it. In fact the owner would get in more trouble than the person who did it! These rules are getting tighter and more widespread every day. I'm not even a smoker but I fear what the next "unpopular" thing is to be on the chopping block.

So please tell me where you're referring to by "this country".
Gundude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:57   #87
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.
 
series1811's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Retired, but not expired.
Posts: 14,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
Sounds great!

Which country are you in, because the one I'm in forbids a person to even light up a cigarette in 90% of businesses, even if the owner is fine with it. In fact the owner would get in more trouble than the person who did it! These rules are getting tighter and more widespread every day. I'm not even a smoker but I fear what the next "unpopular" thing is to be on the chopping block.

So please tell me where you're referring to by "this country".
Stuff like smoking in public and 44 oz Big Gulps being prohibited are anomolies in the general trend of anything goes.
__________________
I sure miss the country I grew up in.

Last edited by series1811; 12-05-2012 at 08:57..
series1811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:21   #88
Zombie Surgeon
MODELATOR
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,714
Prostitution is the oldest trade in the history of human civilization. It should be legal if it is not forced upon anybody and involves consenting adults.

P.S. Just to make clear: I am a hard-line conservative and a Christian.

Last edited by Zombie Surgeon; 12-05-2012 at 09:26..
Zombie Surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:22   #89
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.
 
kirgi08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Acme proving grounds.
Posts: 26,670
Blog Entries: 1


Northern ones at that.'08.
__________________
I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.
kirgi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:41   #90
walt cowan
Senior Member
 
walt cowan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: absurdistan
Posts: 9,999
If a woman can abort a child from her body, why not let her sell the same? It's only freedom of choice.
__________________
the nsa was the first to read this post. eric was the second.
walt cowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:36   #91
dbcooper
Senior Member
 
dbcooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogship View Post
TK......

Yes......I AM absolutely talking about the moral code of ALL AMERICANS, as I see it. I don't know why this is so hard for you to understand.

NO, I am definitely NOT OK with sex after buying drinks, either. This is also an opinion.......but, my beliefs are that an emotional connection is necessary to make sex the kind of experience that it should be......not just an animal instinct. In order for that "connection" to happen, it takes time, patience, and an understanding between each participant. Women NEED this more than men do......and, I sense that you just haven't learned this yet!

As to your request for enlightenment on morality issues.......Considering your input so far, I don't think I CAN explain these things so that you'll agree, or understand what I'm trying to convey.......but, you probably will (or, hopefully will) when you have more of what life's lessons have to offer.....

ooc
One of the best nights I ever had was with a woman I hated, I guess that's an emotional connection

__________________
A broad brush paints a lousy picture, lacking the nuance and details of life's realities. As a young man my paints were black and white, with age came a palette holding many shades of gray.
dbcooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 15:54   #92
cajun_chooter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: So. Louisiana
Posts: 552
prostitution will be legalized when politicans can decide how to keep a tally on the "tricks" so they can collect their fair share..
cajun_chooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 19:13   #93
SCmasterblaster
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Hartford, Vermont
Posts: 15,846
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
Can't see the forest for the trees, can you?

Is robbing a bank for the money just capitalism too?
What about murdering someone for money?

..
Excellent points here.
__________________
Gun Ownership Offers Freedom in Many Dimensions
SCmasterblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 19:26   #94
TK-421
Senior Member
 
TK-421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCmasterblaster View Post
Excellent points here.
Except for the fact that murder has a victim, and robbing a bank has a victim, sometimes even multiple victims.

Consensual sex between adults, where one gives the other money in return? No victims. Ask the girls in the brothels in Nevada if they feel victimized.
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 19:39   #95
SCmasterblaster
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Hartford, Vermont
Posts: 15,846
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
Except for the fact that murder has a victim, and robbing a bank has a victim, sometimes even multiple victims.

Consensual sex between adults, where one gives the other money in return? No victims. Ask the girls in the brothels in Nevada if they feel victimized.
Except when the guy has AIDS. He victimizes the ho.
__________________
Gun Ownership Offers Freedom in Many Dimensions
SCmasterblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 19:45   #96
TK-421
Senior Member
 
TK-421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCmasterblaster View Post
Except when the guy has AIDS. He victimizes the ho.
And that is exactly why we legalize prostitution and start regulating it. The girls get STD checks weekly, and the guys get STD checks every time they want to sleep with a girl. Only let the STD free guys sleep with the girls, and make sure the girls are always STD free.
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 19:48   #97
SCmasterblaster
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Hartford, Vermont
Posts: 15,846
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
And that is exactly why we legalize prostitution and start regulating it. The girls get STD checks weekly, and the guys get STD checks every time they want to sleep with a girl. Only let the STD free guys sleep with the girls, and make sure the girls are always STD free.
And then there are condoms . . . .
__________________
Gun Ownership Offers Freedom in Many Dimensions
SCmasterblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 19:50   #98
TK-421
Senior Member
 
TK-421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCmasterblaster View Post
And then there are condoms . . . .
Condoms suck, they kill the feeling.
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 19:56   #99
SCmasterblaster
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Hartford, Vermont
Posts: 15,846
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
Condoms suck, they kill the feeling.
Is this the cause for all of the abortions every year?
__________________
Gun Ownership Offers Freedom in Many Dimensions
SCmasterblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 19:58   #100
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member
 
ArtificialGrape's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 5,547
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogship View Post
How many of you here are good with your sons and daughters being taught that prostitution is nothing but a capitalism issue......and doesn't have anything to do with right vs wrong, proper vs improper, moral vs immoral?
I saw that you don't intend to clarify your responses, but I'll merely make a point...

This is all just a part of parenting. Some parents distill into their children that drinking alcohol is wrong even when of legal age.

With legalized marijuana, parents will be teaching children their personal take on marijuana use.

Some parents teach their children that premarital sex is wrong, even after reaching the age of legal consent.

It should be no different to teach children the parents' view on prostitution.

-ArtificialGrape
ArtificialGrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:59.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,224
367 Members
857 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42