SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-06-2012, 10:58   #41
JAS104
NRA Life Member

Luke 22:36

Then said He unto them, “But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it and likewise his pack; and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one"
Old 12-06-2012, 11:33   #42
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS104 View Post
Luke 22:36

Then said He unto them, “But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it and likewise his pack; and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one"
Yes we've been over this a hundred times... read the thread.

Theory:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Grace:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Big Bang:
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:37   #43
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDGlock23 View Post
I also believe in the ability to defend myself, and there is nothing unscriptural about that.
Yes there is. You aren't trusting God to protect you. You are trusting in his will. If it is his will that you die in a mugging then your gun will not protect you. If it is his will that no harm come to you, your gun is unnecessary. So by bringing it "Just in Case" shows your lack of faith in his will. You mean to try and prevent his will if it is for you to die in a mugging... and you mean to hedge your bets just in case he doesn't protect you. It demonstrates a clear lack of faith in God.

Quote:
The Lord knows I will defend myself if I have to, but I think He takes care of that for me beforehand.
Then carrying a gun is doubting his providence.

Theory:

Grace:

Big Bang:
Old 12-06-2012, 13:01   #44
muscogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDGlock23 View Post
He can protect me much better than I can protect myself. Nothing will happen to me unless it's His will, and if it's His will, nothing I do will prevent that. But it's all good, that way I get to go on to Glory with my Savior.

I also believe in the ability to defend myself, and there is nothing unscriptural about that. The Lord knows I will defend myself if I have to
Why? Are you afraid of dying?

Leona Helmsley
muscogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 13:14   #45
clayinva

You can love your enemy, doesn't mean that you have to lay down and die. What if your having a gun means you can save someone else ? I trust Christ with my soul but if somebody tries to invade my house I'm reaching for a glock or a Smith and Wesson not a Bible.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
clayinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 13:33   #46
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayinva View Post
You can love your enemy, doesn't mean that you have to lay down and die. What if your having a gun means you can save someone else ? I trust Christ with my soul but if somebody tries to invade my house I'm reaching for a glock or a Smith and Wesson not a Bible.

So you don't trust God's plan then? If you did you wouldn't have tools to attempt to escape it.

Theory:

Grace:

Big Bang:
Old 12-06-2012, 17:06   #47
Colubrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
So you don't trust God's plan then? If you did you wouldn't have tools to attempt to escape it.
WOW! I learned a lot here.

I was actually the one on the other side of the fence. but now hearing you and this girl i was debating with i am rethinking my whole walk with God. not just about guns.
Colubrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 17:09   #48
Colubrid

So glock36shooter,
Why do you hav a gun then?

i take it is a G36 you like. iI just sold mine. i had 3 before and keep coming back to that model.. i just like guns. The way they are made. i don't look at them as killing machines.

BTW the girl i am talking to is single and so am I. So we are speaking to work out our differences in what we agree and don't agree on.
Old 12-06-2012, 17:10   #49
Colubrid

Same question for you SDGlock23. Why do you have a gun then?
Old 12-06-2012, 18:17   #50
muscogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayinva View Post

"Everyone wants to go to Heaven but nobody wants to die." Seems hypocritical to me.

Leona Helmsley
Old 12-06-2012, 18:19   #51
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colubrid View Post
So glock36shooter,
Why do you hav a gun then?
I have a gun because I do not trust in a God to protect me. I understand this is a world based on reality and not mythology. There is no God watching over me. There are no Angels coming to protect me. And there is no Devil that makes people do the bad things they do. If another human being means me harm I will do to them as much harm first as is needed to stop them. This is why I carry a gun.

Believers are often hypocrites. You ask them why a child dies with cancer and they'll say God has a plan and works in mysterious ways. Yet they'll kneel a pray for God to heal a sick child dying from cancer to ask for something OTHER than God's plan. If it is God's will that the child dies then prayer is not trusting in his plan... it's asking him to change his plan. And the Christian that carries a firearm doesn't trust in God's plan either. If God means for you to be murdered then that is his will and you should want to please him and not turn away from his will. If God is truly in control and has a plan and his will shall be done... there is no need for a gun because whatever happens is his will and the believer should just accept that. But they don't. They don't trust in God's plan... in fact they mean to interfere with it if his will is for them to die. If a gun is needed by a believer... they do not put real stock in God's plan. They say they do but they don't. They won't admit it, and they'll say I have no idea what I'm talking about because their brains can't handle the hypocrisy and contradiction of their beliefs versus their ideals about defense. But there it is.

Quote:
i take it is a G36 you like. iI just sold mine. i had 3 before and keep coming back to that model.. i just like guns. The way they are made.
I used to... especially when I chose my screen name. I had just gotten my G36 and thought it was the coolest thing ever. Since then I have found that it didn't suit my needs so I got rid of it. I didn't like that you had to raise your pinky to reload it or risk pinching the crap out of your finger or worse failing to reload the gun. But I carry a Glock 19 daily.

Quote:
i don't look at them as killing machines.
I'm fascinated by the machinery of them as well. All the little working parts and do-dads. But the purpose of the gun is to be a weapon. It's purpose is to kill. Or at the very least wound. But it's a weapon first and foremost. I think Christ would have been opposed to them on principle. I think he would have been disgusted that man had found such a efficient and accurate method of killing one another.

Quote:
BTW the girl i am talking to is single and so am I. So we are speaking to work out our differences in what we agree and don't agree on.
Is she cute?

Theory:

Grace:

Big Bang:
Old 12-06-2012, 18:24   #52
Glock36shooter

Quote:
WOW! I learned a lot here.

I was actually the one on the other side of the fence. but now hearing you and this girl i was debating with i am rethinking my whole walk with God. not just about guns.
Well there is room for lots of beliefs out there. But if you want to get strictly biblical and more specifically new testament biblical (Jesus and Friends) then carrying a gun is not trusting in God's will. Resist not evil and let God's will be done. That's what Christ said.

But to say "screw that I'm carrying anyway" is what most Christians do so don't feel alone. The girl is correct however. If it's God's will... it's God's will. It's not your place to try and change it or interfere. Biblically speaking of course.

Theory:

Grace:

Big Bang:

Last edited by Glock36shooter; 12-06-2012 at 18:25..
Old 12-06-2012, 19:24   #53
Colubrid

Quote:
Believers are often hypocrites. You ask them why a child dies with cancer and they'll say God has a plan and works in mysterious ways. Yet they'll kneel a pray for God to heal a sick child dying from cancer to ask for something OTHER than God's plan. If it is God's will that the child dies then prayer is not trusting in his plan... it's asking him to change his plan
With your thinking though there would be no reason to pray to God for anything because He just runs on batteries.

i think where people go wrong in prayer is asking for the wrong thing or with wrong motives ect. But beleivers are called to pray in Gods will according to and in accordance to His words..
Old 12-06-2012, 19:29   #54
Colubrid

Quote:

Is she cute?
I am not thinking about that. I am attracted to her obedeince and repentance to God...which is really attractive in an already attractive woman.

Quite different from what the norm is. Wouldn't you say?

Last edited by Colubrid; 12-06-2012 at 19:30..
Old 12-06-2012, 19:38   #55
muscogee

Quote:
I am not thinking about that. I am attracted to her obedeince and repentance to God...which is really attractive in an already attractive woman.

Quite different from what the norm is. Wouldn't you say?
Most Christians I have know just talk the talk, but I have know a few that actually do their best to walk the walk. I really respect people who do that. It's a tough road.

Leona Helmsley
Old 12-06-2012, 19:46   #56
Glock36shooter

Quote:
With your thinking though there would be no reason to pray to God for anything because He just runs on batteries.
Batteries? No... his will.

Quote:
i think where people go wrong in prayer is asking for the wrong thing or with wrong motives ect.
I don't disagree.

Quote:
But beleivers are called to pray in Gods will according to and in accordance to His words..
Praying that his will be done is just asking him to continue running on batteries... as you put it.

Theory:

Grace:

Big Bang:
Old 12-06-2012, 19:51   #57
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscogee View Post
Most Christians I have know just talk the talk, but I have know a few that actually do their best to walk the walk. I really respect people who do that. It's a tough road.
I know ONE personally. You couldn't ask for a higher quality person. Just as an example... he left $6,000 for a family that needed it to get some kind of surgery for their little girl at his church. He refused to let them know who did it. He did it just because it was what he thought was his duty to Christ. If I recall that put him in a financial position of living paycheck to pay check for about a year. Everytime that man gets a dollar he doesn't need to survive... he gives it away to someone that needs it.

Theory:

Grace:

Big Bang:
Old 12-06-2012, 21:43   #58
Colubrid

Quote:
I know ONE personally. You couldn't ask for a higher quality person. Just as an example... he left $6,000 for a family that needed it to get some kind of surgery for their little girl at his church. He refused to let them know who did it. He did it just because it was what he thought was his duty to Christ. If I recall that put him in a financial position of living paycheck to pay check for about a year. Everytime that man gets a dollar he doesn't need to survive... he gives it away to someone that needs it.
what one does with there money shows everything.

I feel like such a hypocrite.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:29   #59
fgutie35

Quote:
On the flip side, I know of atheists and muslims aquaintances, that behave more christian like than many of the self proclaim devout christians. Like Muscogee said, "Is a though road", many are not willing to walk it out of convenience, many are not willing to walk it out of fear, but few are doing their best to try to walk thru it the best way they can or know. We are not perfect, we are humans. IF God would have wanted perfect beings that would worship him day and night no questions asked, he could have created those creatures (robots), but He would be fooling Himself into thinking those beings would be doing it out of love and unconditionally. That is the whole purpose of the free will.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:44   #60
Colubrid

Quote:
On the flip side, I know of atheists and muslims aquaintances, that behave more christian like than many of the self proclaim devout christians
Yep! Me to!

They do everything that Jesus taught and they follow His teachings yet they still reject the creator and savior.