Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 10:20   #381
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothing View Post
Really, we don't suck teds dick so that makes us fake? We offered viable alternatives and we're fake. That's just dumb. I have too many friends that didn't come back from the latest wars to bat an eye at a coward. You don't want to believe he's a coward that's fine, but don't tell me I'm not a 2nd amendment supporter and don't even attempt to mutter that I'm not an american.
Here we go again...just like I said earlier, people like to bring up the draft nonsense to make themselves feel more American or 'uber-patriots'. I really, really, really, couldn't care less what Nugent did in regards to any draft because it's irrelevant. But whatever, you can dwell on that all you want mr war hero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G26S239 View Post
I have put substantially more time into 2nd amendment activism than I have discussing draft dodging egomaniacs. Maybe you should invest more of your own time in 2nd amendment activism than in whining about a war the South lost in April 1865.
Fine, so you've done a lot for 2A issues. Now, let's look at Ted's bank account (which even if you sold everything you owned you wouldn't come close to) and think about what he's done or capable of doing to help the 2A in this country.

(And I'd not stray off topic talking about where anyone lives when you reside in one of the biggest ratholes in the country when it comes to personal freedoms).

Last edited by tantrix; 04-30-2012 at 10:40..
Old 04-30-2012, 11:05   #382
nothing
Advertisement

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
Here we go again...just like I said earlier, people like to bring up the draft nonsense to make themselves feel more American or 'uber-patriots'. I really, really, really, couldn't care less what Nugent did in regards to any draft because it's irrelevant. But whatever, you can dwell on that all you want mr war hero.

Never claimed to be a hero, but those guys that didn't come back in one piece were. I'm not particularly über anything so you're just speculating. Like I said folks here obviously don't care and that's cool. Your tired of the "draft nonsense" and I'm tired of being called unamerican for not agreeing that it is nonsense. Just like you could care less about him being a draft dodger I could care less about his bank account. It's a drop in the bucket. But whatever, you can dwell on that all you want Mr. CSA hero

Last edited by nothing; 04-30-2012 at 11:07..
Old 04-30-2012, 11:59   #383
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

Quote:
Never claimed to be a hero, but those guys that didn't come back in one piece were. I'm not particularly über anything so you're just speculating. Like I said folks here obviously don't care and that's cool. Your tired of the "draft nonsense" and I'm tired of being called unamerican for not agreeing that it is nonsense. Just like you could care less about him being a draft dodger I could care less about his bank account. It's a drop in the bucket. But whatever, you can dwell on that all you want Mr. CSA hero

Were all these friends of yours that didn't come back from a war drafted? If they weren't, then case close...they CHOSE to join the military and CHOSE to go to war. When you choose a job you accept the consequences.

Last edited by tantrix; 04-30-2012 at 12:01..
Old 04-30-2012, 12:06   #384
nothing
Advertisement

Quote:
Were all these friends of yours that didn't come back from a war drafted? If they weren't, then case close...they CHOSE to join the military and CHOSE to go to war. When you choose a job you accept the consequences.
Yes,they chose their profession just as draft dodgers chose to be cowards.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:18   #385
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.

Thought so.'08.

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:22   #386
G26S239
NRA Patron

Quote:

Fine, so you've done a lot for 2A issues. Now, let's look at Ted's bank account (which even if you sold everything you owned you wouldn't come close to) and think about what he's done or capable of doing to help the 2A in this country.
His bank account doesn't make the stupid comments or the draft dodging go away. If he really feels like getting up in the Federal governments face and going to jail or getting dead he should just do it instead of bragging on how he will and then back pedaling.
Quote:
(And I'd not stray off topic talking about where anyone lives when you reside in one of the biggest ratholes in the country when it comes to personal freedoms).
That was directed at you presuming to tell others what they should be doing with their time. No one on this forum spends 100% of their time working on 2nd amendment issues. In fact most of the time people spend on forums is not particularly productive. Yeah the scum out here keep us busy funding court cases, calling elected reps etc. Meantime a bunch of the scum of your state were too damn stupid to move out of the way of a hurricane and reelected Nagin to run their chocolate city. Sounds wonderful to me.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:46   #387
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

Quote:
That was directed at you presuming to tell others what they should be doing with their time. No one on this forum spends 100% of their time working on 2nd amendment issues. In fact most of the time people spend on forums is not particularly productive. Yeah the scum out here keep us busy funding court cases, calling elected reps etc. Meantime a bunch of the scum of your state were too damn stupid to move out of the way of a hurricane and reelected Nagin to run their chocolate city. Sounds wonderful to me.
Meanwhile, 'us stupid people' run circles around your state in regards to gun laws. Maybe focusing less on the sushi, beaches, and draft dodging and more on 2A would help you guys.

Last edited by tantrix; 04-30-2012 at 12:49..
Old 04-30-2012, 13:20   #388
nothing
Advertisement

Quote:
Meanwhile, 'us stupid people' run circles around your state in regards to gun laws. Maybe focusing less on the sushi, beaches, and draft dodging and more on 2A would help you guys.
In all fareness New Orleans really isn't indicative of Louisiana, however you did reduce the conversation to my state is better than your state. Every state is screwed up in it's on special way to begin with. Regardless, this is a national issue so I would venture to say alienating 2A supporters nationwide is not really a good ourselves of action.

Last edited by nothing; 04-30-2012 at 13:21..
Old 04-30-2012, 13:38   #389
kostnerave

Quote:
Originally Posted by F_G View Post
You guys are the epitomy of compromise, you lose a little ground every year, but that's OK with you because the majority of your beliefs and convictions are still intact. Well, I don't compromise when it comes to my rights, yes that's correct, my constitutional rights. Why can't I walk into Walmart and buy a full auto M4? The 2A doesn't read the right to keep and bear arms as long as they only fire one round with one pull of the trigger, or as long as they are only used for hunting, or as long as the barrel is at least 16" long. Ted understands this and is unwilling to compromise.

You keep dwelling on the table scraps the left keeps throwing us. You keep dwelling on the misinformation you and our enemies keep passing off as fact. Was Ted a draft dodger? I certainly can't come to that conclusion with the inconclusive evidence presented here. I would sure love to sit down with him and discuss it though. And yes, I would share a beer with him. Heck, I lived in Alaska for 4 years, hunted a lot, I was never aware of the stipulations placed on the definition of bag limits. And why did the Federal Government step in when the state of Alaska didn't press charges?

Quite honestly, I'm a bit confused Ted aligns himself with the NRA, they share the same game plan of compromise as many here do.

Yep, you guys just keep right on down the path of compromise and cooperation.
Just the same wimpy republicans not wanting to rock the boat because "what would people think ? Lets be nice to our enemies and they will love us. Of course you can write books on how to kill "Bush but that ok right?
Old 04-30-2012, 15:10   #390
G26S239
NRA Patron

Quote:
I wasn't referring to you as one of the scum that was too stupid to evacuate before Katrina hit but if the shoe fits wear it.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:04   #391
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

Quote:
In all fareness New Orleans really isn't indicative of Louisiana, however you did reduce the conversation to my state is better than your state. Every state is screwed up in it's on special way to begin with.
I think it was reduced well enough when the words "damn stupid" were put into a post referring to a national disaster. Not only off topic but in bad taste.

Quote:
Regardless, this is a national issue so I would venture to say alienating 2A supporters nationwide is not really a good ourselves of action.
If there's one group that alienates their own, it's gun owners. The only ones on the same page are the anti's. This thread alone is proof of that.

Quote:
I wasn't referring to you as one of the scum that was too stupid to evacuate before Katrina hit but if the shoe fits wear it.
No, you were referring to something you know nothing about and doesn't belong in this thread.

Last edited by tantrix; 05-01-2012 at 18:23..
Old 05-01-2012, 08:06   #392
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
You should know, it wasn't just "scum" and those "too stupid" that didn't evacuate.

Lots of elderly couldn't evacuate and several people died in the evac itself. I know people who lost elderly relatives IN th evac. My neighbor was an MD at Charity hospital and had to be rescued by friends in an airboat at night.

People of all walks of life stayed for whatever reason. Some couldn't get out. Some had commitments or reasons to stay. Some had no resources. Evac typically costs a couple grand with travel, meals, lodging. When you evac a hurricane, it isn't uncommon to have to travel >500 miles to find a hotel and consistent gasoline. At some point the Louisiana State Police close the interstates too. Traffic gets so bad in the later hours that no one moves.

After the storm, various officials penned the remainder in.

A close friend is an MD who had a husband and wife who are college professors who, through a combination of circumstances, ended up in the Dome.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:10   #393
Cavalry Doc
Platinum Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

New Orleans is not all of Louisiana. N.O. Was a mess, the rural folks did much better.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
--Gunhaver
Don't let the guys quoted above contact your reps more than you.

Old 05-04-2012, 07:28   #394
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
ted nugent's views on NOLA and katrina were pretty straight forward if I recall correctly, it was something to the affect of "the mayor waited way too long to tell people to evacuate."

If memory serves, the news media advised the mayor waited until around the 24 hour before landfall mark before ordering evacuation. Clearly this guy had his head up his donkey. As a life long Floridian, 72 hours beforehand is the LAST MINUTE to move out or be prepare to shoot it out with a hurricane, which indicate that ted's views were correct.

All things equal, if you have a mayor advising his aides that this hurricane will probably turn "one way or the other" 96 hours before landfall, and therefore does not order evacuation, you need to get another mayor for such a coastal city.

ETA: the only one stupid in this event was the mayor. People stayed because he didn't pull the trigger when he should have. Even so, he was reelected. Go figure huh?
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"It's a lot simpler to fool people than it is to convince them they've been fooled."

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 05-04-2012 at 07:33..
Old 05-05-2012, 02:29   #395
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Here's a new little diddy from ted.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...155602856.html
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"It's a lot simpler to fool people than it is to convince them they've been fooled."
Old 05-06-2012, 09:17   #396
nothing
Advertisement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Warrior View Post
Here's a new little diddy from ted.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...155602856.html
He's a buffoon.
Old 12-07-2012, 21:17   #397
billy396

Quote:
One point that I believe you are overlooking is that the Second Amendment Foundation does actively work in the courts, often with positive results. Other than that I agree with your post.
G26S239, You're absolutely right, and I do financially support the Second Amendment Foundation, and will continue to do so. I just get worked up when people seem to discount all of the work that the NRA has shouldered over the years. ALL gun owners should belong to the NRA. Unfortunately many will never join, because they might be asked to donate a few dollars to support our rights.
Old 12-08-2012, 15:03   #398
Big Bird
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tongix View Post
He gambled and knew all along he committed a game violation . Alaska is very strict in their game laws like Calfornia. They guard our last frontier wildlife. Im glad they went with it no matter who you are, everyone must follow the rules of the game. Ted, time for you to be ashame and follow like anyone else. Being in the NRA boards is not a passport for game violation.
False......

“Est Nulla Via Invia Virute”
Old 12-09-2012, 08:56   #399
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtBaldy View Post
Email sent supporting "Uncle Ted". Thanks for the heads up.
This^ (But on the letter I referred to him as Mr. nugent, not uncle ted )
Old 12-24-2012, 15:50   #400
RDW
BTDT

I support "Uncle Ted!"
Formerly Posted as "Big Dawg #383" (10/2000)
Joined John Birch Society in 1961; when others were Hippie Scum & NOW they're running our Country!

I'm MUCH MORE Conservative NOW.

Closed Thread