GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-05-2012, 20:28   #41
Turtle Dude

I own dozens of 1911s-from the Colt my grandfather carried in France circa 1918 to a US Shooting Team Kimber In 9mm I bought for my son as his 14th birthday present earlier this year. The cheapest one I still have is a RANDALL stainless I bought probably 25 years ago or so. For the money I find the SA's to be the best buys. The Kimbers are a bit smoother but after 500 rounds the SAs smooth out. the earlier Paras were pretty solid buys as well. If I were limited to 1000 bucks and I was going to put the round count through a 1911 like I did in the mid 80s when I was shooting close to a 1000 rounds a week while shooting Pin or IPSC events almost every weekend, I'd go for the SA since the one I kept as a "loaner" range gun (since given to a buddy who works at the same range) showed almost no wear after about 25K rounds
Old 12-06-2012, 18:28   #42
ashecht

Quote:
Originally Posted by MStarmer View Post
Springfield Armory Range Officer. Well under budget ($850) and a solid platform if you decide to modify. Desirable gun if you decide to sell it later.
when searching for my first 1911, I was down to the Ruger, and the RO. While I liked the ss finish on the ruger, it was the fit of the RO which sold me. Load both, and shake the two of them. Tell which one is silent, and which sounds like a can with rocks in it. Im sure it doesnt affect the performance of the Ruger, since some of my glocks make the same rattling noise. But the RO was DEAD silent. That thing is tightly fit. Even reassembling it is a challenge. I love it and I got it for $745 out the door at my lgs, cash money. It is taking me a while to get used to the target sights though as I am so used to the 3 dot arrangement, but damn that thing is accurate, nice smooth trigger, and we all know that SA customer service is great. Doubt you can go wrong with either
Ruger SR1911 Commander
Colt LE6920
ashecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 23:52   #43
gunsmoke92

Take a look at the Magnum Research Desert Eagle 1911. All the bells and whistles, good trigger, and at about $700, you'll have plenty of money to buy lots of ammo for the range.
S&W Club #92, Snubbie club #92, The 21 Club #92
gunsmoke92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:04   #44
greatwun

Send a message via AIM to greatwun
I really think you should just save a bit more and go for a new TRP. You won't regret it.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
greatwun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 22:01   #45
GaryC

For a range gun, Colt Gold Cup all the way. I have two of them (a National Match and a Trophy) and they are awesome.
GaryC is offline   Reply With Quote