GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-06-2012, 14:53   #1
GAFinch

GOP lost because of shifting social views, right?

Maybe not.

Quote:
I apologize to America's young people, whose dashed dreams and dim employment prospects I had laughed at, believing these to be a direct result of their voting for Obama.

On closer examination, it turns out that young voters, aged 18-29, overwhelmingly supported Romney. But only the white ones.

According to Pew Research, 54 percent of white voters under 30 voted for Romney and only 41 percent for Obama. That's the same percentage Reagan got from the entire white population in 1980. Even the Lena Dunham demographic -- white women under 30 -- slightly favored Romney.
"America Near el Tipping Pointo" - Coulter

http://patriotpost.us/opinion/15774
Old 12-06-2012, 15:17   #2
Kablam

Even though it is true and supported by the statistics..."That is so racist!" There! Me First!!
Kablam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 15:21   #3
CAcop

The big takeaway from this election seems to be that whites of any age are voting for the GOP and the non whites are voting for the Dems. That is why the Dems think they are going to have a permanent majority. The problem with that is if the US continues with a sluggish economy there will be fewer immigrants, mostly non white, coming to the US. 1 million illegal immigrants, mostly Mexicans have already gone back home.
I wonder if your assessment of "The Wizard of Oz" would sound something like "A teenaged orphan runs away with three psychotic AD/HD patients and a little dog. She kills the first two women she meets." --Sinecure 07/03/2006
Freakin' awsome!! Kickin it old school. Hot sheet on the dash. The report was probably only two sentences. Long live Rencko and Bobbie Hill!--WhiskeyT
CAcop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 15:47   #4
gilfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAcop View Post
The big takeaway from this election seems to be that whites of any age are voting for the GOP and the non whites are voting for the Dems. That is why the Dems think they are going to have a permanent majority. The problem with that is if the US continues with a sluggish economy there will be fewer immigrants, mostly non white, coming to the US. 1 million illegal immigrants, mostly Mexicans have already gone back home.
All the whites that were not gay or women anyway.
gilfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 16:13   #5
sbhaven

While Ann Coulter makes good points from time to time, its important to remember she was driving the Chris Christie for President bandwagon for a good long while.

Last edited by sbhaven; 12-06-2012 at 16:16..
sbhaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 16:28   #6
TK-421

He may have gotten the straight white male vote, but I'm pretty sure the white gays weren't voting for him, and I'm pretty sure the majority of white women didn't vote for him either. Romney seemed to parade himself around the ideals of the straight white male, everybody else be damned. But when you need women and minorities to vote for you to win, and the gays would be helpful, and you piss off the women, the gays and the minorities, it doesn't matter how many straight white males you get, you're not going to win.
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 16:39   #7
GAFinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilfo View Post
He got the white women also.

Non-whites tend to be more socially conservative than whites, but they shamelessly put personal comfort/greed before God.

Baracka Claus is comin' to town.
Old 12-06-2012, 19:09   #8
Lowjiber

I rarely post on political threads, but I'll tell you the two reasons the GOP lost...

1. They picked a lying, rich, populist* candidate for the #1 spot.

2. He picked a total idiot for his #2.

* Note: He really doesn't fit the definition of "populist". He's just such a liar that he'll tell anyone what they want to hear

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

Last edited by Lowjiber; 12-06-2012 at 19:11..
Lowjiber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 19:27   #9
CAcop

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilfo View Post
As someone pointed out white women broke for Romney. Not by as large margin as men but it was probably what dropped Obama a few notches in his margin of victory.

As for gays they are maybe 7% of the population. No one has studied them like othr groups but I would not be surprised if a decent percent vote GOP for fiscal reasons. They do tend to be more affluent due to the number of DINK households. Even if you throw in straight single issue voters turned off by the GOP on this one issue you are still only talking about 10% of the overall population. At best. It could be as low as 5%.

Interesting point in the Dem Party right now there is a truce between gays and blacks. What happens in 2016 when the Dems are running Hillary? Will blacks put up with a gay friendly Dem Party in the numbers they did with Obama?
I wonder if your assessment of "The Wizard of Oz" would sound something like "A teenaged orphan runs away with three psychotic AD/HD patients and a little dog. She kills the first two women she meets." --Sinecure 07/03/2006
Freakin' awsome!! Kickin it old school. Hot sheet on the dash. The report was probably only two sentences. Long live Rencko and Bobbie Hill!--WhiskeyT
CAcop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 20:15   #10
hogfish
Señor Member

Saw this today. Relevant or not, here it is...

From The Toledo Press,

We seem to be a divided nation. The numbers between Democrat and Republican votes are close. Americans seem to enjoy a specific form of Schadenfreude, or the enjoyment of other people's misery. I have seen in the Bush and Obama eras the delight taken at the expense of others in our society over election results. This creates in voters an "us versus them" mentality. Lost in any discussion is an honest debate about policy and the effects on us all. A large number of the electorate vote to watch the anguish of others even if it is detrimental to them.

Written by Kenneth Sharp.

"Almost no matter the question, capitalism and freedom are the answers, while government and religion are not." Syclone538
hogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 00:08   #11
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Where do they get this information of what races, genders and sexual orientations voted for who?
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:41   #12
JohnH

Just another apologetic from the RNC. Fact is: Romney is unelectable. The Romney/Ryan campaign portrayed themselves as nothing more than new managers for the status-quo. No vision, no idealogical core, and no enthusiasm from the base. Top of the ticket was a plastic flip-flopper and consummate liar with an Ivy league pedigree partnered with a goofy looking numbers guy. The Republicans never learn. Run to the center, and loose. Run to the right, and win.
JohnH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:38   #13
Hyksos

White people are not reproducing fast enough to maintain their status as a majority in this country. It's only a matter of time. If you're a young, white male then you can do your part by having a ton of kids.

Dare I even say to the young GT'ers that I'm considering not even getting married. Baby-mama'ing a girl seems like a much wiser financial planning decision than marrying someone and then losing it all in divorce. When you baby-mama her, she can only take you for support.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:24   #14
sbhaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
Where do they get this information of what races, genders and sexual orientations voted for who?
Exit polling shows some of that information...
CNN Presidential Race 2012 Exit Polls

And that polling shows the following...
Vote by Gender
Men: 47%
Obama: 45%
Romney: 52%

Women: 53%
Obama: 55%
Romney: 44%

Vote by Race
White: 72%
Obama: 39%
Romney: 59%

African-american: 13%
Obama: 93%
Romney: 6%

Latino: 10%
Obama: 71%
Romney: 27%

Asian: 3%
Obama: 73%
Romney 26%

Are You Gay, Lesbian or Bisexual?
Yes: 5%
Obama: 76%
Romney: 22%

No: 95%
Obama: 49%
Romney: 49%
Old 12-07-2012, 08:25   #15
GAFinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnH View Post
Just another apologetic from the RNC. Fact is: Romney is unelectable. The Romney/Ryan campaign portrayed themselves as nothing more than new managers for the status-quo. No vision, no idealogical core, and no enthusiasm from the base. Top of the ticket was a plastic flip-flopper and consummate liar with an Ivy league pedigree partnered with a goofy looking numbers guy. The Republicans never learn. Run to the center, and loose. Run to the right, and win.
Did you read the OP? I agree with the run to the right theory, but he got the same percentage of white voters as Reagan did when he won 47 states.

Problem is, we keep importing refugees from Latin America, SE Asia, Africa, and the Middle East who are immediately put on welfare instead of being properly assimilated and taught the traditional American spirit.
Old 12-07-2012, 14:57   #16
Paul7
New Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAFinch View Post
Did you read the OP? I agree with the run to the right theory, but he got the same percentage of white voters as Reagan did when he won 47 states.

Problem is, we keep importing refugees from Latin America, SE Asia, Africa, and the Middle East who are immediately put on welfare instead of being properly assimilated and taught the traditional American spirit.
Exactly, Reagan, McCain and Romney all got about the same percentage of the white vote, the problem is that section has been shrinking. We're doomed.
Old 12-07-2012, 17:08   #17
Ruble Noon
"Cracker"

When the republicans start embracing freedom and the Constitution, they will win.
Ruble Noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 21:12   #18
juggy4711
Nimrod Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruble Noon View Post
When the republicans start embracing freedom and the Constitution, they will win.
Yep. The Republicans didn't loose the election because of demographic changes, it lost because of voter turn out

"For some reason a lot of people stayed home. And those people are white and they're conservative. The only question that should be asked right now is not why are we trying to throw the Tea Party under the bus, the question is why can't we get the Ron Paul supporters. The young alternative folks, who are not Democrats, who don't want the government.

Who just want the Fed to be checked out. Who don't want to invade other countries. Who think the whole obsession over abortion and pot is ridiculous. Why can't we get those folks to vote Republican? Because the Republican party has told them stay the hell away and so they did and we loose." - Michael Berry
juggy4711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 21:35   #19
jlavallee

The GOP doesn't have the positive of small government or resulting lower taxes as it's platform anymore. The platform is that of social intervention and big military to force that social platform everywhere else.

I'm sorry but all I see is a nut job on the left that thinks he has the right to tell me what to do and a nut job on the right that does the same thing with different issues at their core. When a politician does what he is supposed to do and stays the hell out of everyone's business and respects our Constitution, they'll win. Steaming pile A or B is not a choice, it is **** either way with one only smelling worse than the other depending on your views.

Track bills in Congress and tell politicians your opinion.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
jlavallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 22:32   #20
GAFinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggy4711 View Post
Yep. The Republicans didn't loose the election because of demographic changes, it lost because of voter turn out

"For some reason a lot of people stayed home. And those people are white and they're conservative. The only question that should be asked right now is not why are we trying to throw the Tea Party under the bus, the question is why can't we get the Ron Paul supporters. The young alternative folks, who are not Democrats, who don't want the government.

Who just want the Fed to be checked out. Who don't want to invade other countries. Who think the whole obsession over abortion and pot is ridiculous. Why can't we get those folks to vote Republican? Because the Republican party has told them stay the hell away and so they did and we loose." - Michael Berry
Final vote tallies show that Romney got 750,000 more votes than McCain. Where was the voter turnout for Paul during the primaries? In many states the primaries are open - registered Democrats could've voted for him. The Republican-led House passed a bill to audit the Fed. Ron Paul was pro-life but you guys supported him. Ryan said that MJ was a states right issue. Bush cracked down on "medical" MJ dispensaries less than Zero has.