Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-07-2012, 08:58   #21
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G19G20 View Post
Which is a funny comment since most here follow Fox News religiously, which is owned by a liberal.
Find any of my posts that I agree %100 with any news agency.'08.

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.
kirgi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:05   #22
G19G20
Status Quo 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirgi08 View Post
Find any of my posts that I agree %100 with any news agency.'08.
I don't know what you follow. My statement was a generality.
G19G20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:09   #23
cowboywannabe
you savvy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MZBKA View Post
Meanwhile, in the real world, where not everything is a conspiracy, the unemployment rate has dropped to 7.7%.

http://professional.wsj.com/article/...LEFTTopStories
how high is it when you add in the folks who no longer get unemployment because it ran out?

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:40   #24
IvanVic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboywannabe View Post
how high is it when you add in the folks who no longer get unemployment because it ran out?
If they are actively seeking work, then they're already part of that figure. If you don't understand how it's calculated, why not look it up before speculating?

If Romney had won the election, this thread would be filled with the same people claiming that the drop to 7.7 was a result of increased hope resulting from Romney's win. I've yet to see a single conspiracy theorist take a consistent position on anything.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
IvanVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:03   #25
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.

No we wouldn't we all know those #s are no matter what party posts them.I read last night that Detroit is at %20.That doesn't include the folks that have stopped looking.'08.

Old 12-07-2012, 10:07   #26
cowboywannabe
you savvy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanVic View Post
If they are actively seeking work, then they're already part of that figure. If you don't understand how it's calculated, why not look it up before speculating?

If Romney had won the election, this thread would be filled with the same people claiming that the drop to 7.7 was a result of increased hope resulting from Romney's win. I've yet to see a single conspiracy theorist take a consistent position on anything.

what about those who've given up and no longer get unemployment comp?

Last edited by cowboywannabe; 12-07-2012 at 10:08..
Old 12-07-2012, 10:07   #27
Captain Caveman
a.k.a. DaReaper

Quote:

Just because they are actively seeking employment, doesn't mean they are counted. My Mother-In-Law's benefits ran out almost 6 months ago. She's still looking for work.
so they went to the polls and removed all doubt.
Captain Caveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 15:49   #28
IvanVic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboywannabe View Post
what about those who've given up
Then they aren't counted. If you're trying to judge the difficulty level of trying to find a job, why would you ask someone who isn't trying to find a job?
Old 12-07-2012, 15:53   #29
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.

They are still unemployed,expending resources like that will drain ones finances.'08.

Old 12-07-2012, 17:09   #30
IvanVic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirgi08 View Post
They are still unemployed
Correct, but since they're not looking for a job, they aren't useful if we want to determine how hard it is to find one.

If Romney or any other conservative were President you'd be saying that it's unfair to count those who are not actively seeking work because it makes the economy look worse than it really is. Let's be honest, your position on the unemployment rate is dictated by who's in office.

Old 12-07-2012, 17:25   #31
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.

Quote:
Correct, but since they're not looking for a job, they aren't useful if we want to determine how hard it is to find one.

If Romney or any other conservative were President you'd be saying that it's unfair to count those who are not actively seeking work because it makes the economy look worse than it really is. Let's be honest, your position on the unemployment rate is dictated by who's in office.

If they haven't found 1 in 99wks how hard do you reckon it is.'08.

ETA,I guess you missed my post about "it doesn't matter" whom is in office the #s will be doctored.

Last edited by kirgi08; 12-07-2012 at 17:27..
Old 12-07-2012, 18:45   #32
countrygun

Quote:
Then they aren't counted. If you're trying to judge the difficulty level of trying to find a job, why would you ask someone who isn't trying to find a job?
That is like saying "An amputee is no longer considered an amputee if they quit going to physical therapy"
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 18:50   #33
IvanVic

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
That is like saying "An amputee is no longer considered an amputee if they quit going to physical therapy"
That makes absolutely no sense.

If you want to simply count the number of people who don't have a job, regardless of the fact if they're even looking for a job, we have a number for that.

The purpose of the unemployment rate is to determine the state of the economy from the context of how hard it is for willing, motivated people who are seeking employment to successfully find employment. Do you, or do you not understand that concept?
Old 12-07-2012, 20:42   #34
fortyofforty
Capt. Hindsight

Then the easiest way for Democrats to reduce the measured rate of unemployment is to increase the incentives for people to stop looking for work altogether. Hmmmm. How would that work? I don't know. Maybe they could reduce or eliminate the work requirements for welfare. Or perhaps increase the time a person could collect unemployment payments without looking for work. Or foster a sense of entitlement that leads more people to apply for and collect disability rather than a paycheck. Or count people who have part time jobs as being fully employed. Or promise people healthcare coverage without forcing them to get insurance through their employers. Of course, nothing like that would ever happen. Just think. If nobody is looking for work, the unemployment rate is zero percent.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
to save animals! Gun Rights are Civil Rights.
fortyofforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 22:27   #35
cowboywannabe
you savvy?

lemme see, fewer "unemployed" but more people getting some form of welfare than ever before.

i get it.

Old 12-07-2012, 22:48   #36
countrygun

Quote:
That makes absolutely no sense.

If you want to simply count the number of people who don't have a job, regardless of the fact if they're even looking for a job, we have a number for that.

The purpose of the unemployment rate is to determine the state of the economy [I]from the context of how hard it is for willing, motivated people who are seeking employment to successfully find employment[/I]. Do you, or do you not understand that concept?
And just how do you factor in the people who are unwilling to take employment they aren't particularly "motivated" to take, because their benefits for not working keep them comfortable?

IF your "yardstick" is unable to measure all of the unemployed then you can't say how many people are unemployed, ergo they aren't an accurate measurement and the conclusions cannot be accurate either.

can you grok that concept?
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:41   #37
stevelyn
NRA Life Member

Nothing the regime or the Lamestream Propaganda Corps says can be trusted.

Those number were cooked from the start to give Obama (ptooh) and advantage in the election. As was, it wasn't needed since none of his supporters want to work anyway.
Usually sufferers of paraphilic infantilism are proud of their condition. Kinda like being a liberal. Your mental flaws are there for the entire world to see, and you're damned proud of it. - tank_monkey
stevelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:25   #38
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.

I thought I said that.'08.

Old 12-08-2012, 07:01   #39
IvanVic

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
And just how do you factor in the people who are unwilling to take employment they aren't particularly "motivated" to take, because their benefits for not working keep them comfortable?
Quote:
There is already an economic indicator that tells us this - and nobody is stopping you from using that indicator as your benchmark. Essentially you're asking for two calculations that are the exact same but are given two different names.

Old 12-08-2012, 07:49   #40
barbedwiresmile
Unreconstructed

The U-3 is among the best examples of the abject absurdity of modern America. The measurement virtually guarantees that the worse the job market gets, the lower the unemployment rate will be. That we even discuss this metric or accept it as our primary metric illustrates how ridiculous we have become.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Por La Raza todo, Fuera de La Raza nada
barbedwiresmile is offline   Reply With Quote