Old 12-07-2012, 12:40   #51
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Hays View Post
The Bible has the answers.
How do you know for sure?
CavDoc: "If you have to pretend that a person with a different opinion has an opinion other than his own in order to score points in an argument, you've forfeited any points that you pretended to have."
CavDoc: "You consider yourself as non-religious, and I consider you a religious zealot."

JBnTX: "Freedom of religion doesn't mean you can worship any God, anyway you see fit or not even worship any God if you so choose. [...] Christianity should be the only religion protected under the constitution, and congress shall make no law restricting its practice."
Geko45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 13:04   #52
muscogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasso View Post
Well, we won't be in heaven. The Bible never says this. Eventually the New Jerusalem will come down to the new earth. Heaven and the material world will be one and the same. God's thrown will be here. This was the promise to Abraham.
The New Jerusalem was Constantinople.

Leona Helmsley
muscogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 13:05   #53
FCoulter

The earth is the reward of the saved NOT heaven. Christians like to add to Gods word but in the Bible there is no mention of the saved going to live in heaven. What will the saved be doing on their promise ( the earth)? The Bible is pretty clear for the most part, and one must remember God does nothing in vain. So I would assume the universe is are play/ work ground. I say work because God continues to work six days out of every week and exspects ys to do the same. Will this stop after we are changed? I dont think so!
FCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 13:08   #54
Happypuppy

Bowling leagues. Count in it.
Happypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 14:10   #55
TheExplorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geko45 View Post
Singapore?

They told me not to tell. I can't tell you who "they" were, either.
TheExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 16:08   #56
neon

Read Revelation 21 and 22 in the King James Bible:

And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

I just thought of something: If we eat who will clean the toilets?

Molly

+++
Jude 1:25
To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. A'men
neon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 20:43   #57
randrew379

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCoulter View Post
The earth is the reward of the saved NOT heaven. Christians like to add to Gods word but in the Bible there is no mention of the saved going to live in heaven. What will the saved be doing on their promise ( the earth)? The Bible is pretty clear for the most part, and one must remember God does nothing in vain. So I would assume the universe is are play/ work ground. I say work because God continues to work six days out of every week and exspects ys to do the same. Will this stop after we are changed? I dont think so!
If God is resting on the Sabbath, why do so many pray to Him on that day?

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
randrew379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 21:09   #58
Booker

Quote:
Originally Posted by neon View Post

And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

I just thought of something: If we eat who will clean the toilets?:whistling:

Molly

+++
To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. A'men
Hell has a work release program!
Booker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 21:54   #59
Altaris

I know this video has been posted many times here before, but I have to add this to the thread. This is pretty much my view as well....

Last edited by Altaris; 12-07-2012 at 21:54..
Altaris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:51   #60
Vic Hays

Quote:
Originally Posted by randrew379 View Post

The Sabbath and marriage are all that we have left from the Garden of Eden.

The Sabbath is about relationship with God. It is not about inactivity.

Isaiah 58:6 Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?
Isaiah 58:7 Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?
Isaiah 58:8 Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the LORD shall be thy reward.

John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Vic Hays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:52   #61
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by neon View Post

I just thought of something: If we eat who will clean the toilets?

Molly

+++
God's mouth will be our toilet. Crap in... Crap out.
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:13   #62
muscogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by randrew379 View Post

Now that is a very good point. It could be the reason he doesn't answer those prayers.

Leona Helmsley
Old 12-08-2012, 07:09   #63
Kentak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
It doesn't matter how I know it
Just wondered if you have a reason to be better at predicting what the afterlife will be like than you were at predicting the outcome of elections.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:55   #64
steveksux
Massive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentak View Post
Just wondered if you have a reason to be better at predicting what the afterlife will be like than you were at predicting the outcome of elections.
That's COMPLETELY different, the predictions about the elections were ultimately based on wishful thinking rather than any actual evidence and reasoning....

Oh wait...

Randy

Last edited by steveksux; 12-08-2012 at 07:56..
steveksux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:15   #65
FCoulter

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscogee View Post
Now that is a very good point. It could be the reason he doesn't answer those prayers.
Priests do good on the Sabbath, rest does NOT mean sit idle on one butt and do nothing. Do you think a minister is breaking the Sabbath if he prays for the sick and visits them in their time of need? Just more examples of people not understanding Gods word.

Last edited by FCoulter; 12-08-2012 at 10:16..
Old 12-08-2012, 21:59   #66
wingryder

I will probably spend the first few trillion years just flying around and practicing acrobatics with my new wings... then I will probably pry up some of the gold bricks that the streets are paved with and build myself a really cool golden mansion.... after that... I pretty sure I will get bored within the next quintillion years of so and just sit on my cloud and mope... wishing I could have sex, or shoot guns or ride motorcycles or gamble watch football or read a good Dawkins book...

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan

Last edited by wingryder; 12-08-2012 at 22:00..
wingryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:19   #67
FCoulter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingryder View Post
I will probably spend the first few trillion years just flying around and practicing acrobatics with my new wings... then I will probably pry up some of the gold bricks that the streets are paved with and build myself a really cool golden mansion.... after that... I pretty sure I will get bored within the next quintillion years of so and just sit on my cloud and mope... wishing I could have sex, or shoot guns or ride motorcycles or gamble watch football or read a good Dawkins book...
Actually unless repentance enters yours heart you will likely just burn for a few mins and be no more.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:43   #68
muscogee

Quote:
Actually unless repentance enters yours heart you will likely just burn for a few mins and be no more.
Repentance for what? Not believing the unbelievable?

Leona Helmsley
Old 12-16-2012, 17:46   #69
wingryder

Quote:
Oh, well that sounds better to me anyway.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan
wingryder is offline   Reply With Quote