Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-07-2012, 13:35   #241
BicycleDay43
00 Buck dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca survivor View Post
Here in Miami we have these fresh out of High School, 18 year old cops, who don't even know what a Yield sign stands for....good luck to you.
An individual must be 21 years of age to be hired as an LEO for most agencies. (For dealing with handguns, alcohol). Not sure if you're being sarcastic or just full of it.
BicycleDay43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 15:01   #242
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksnort1959 View Post
Interpret it so we have a basis for having one beer makes one "intoxicated" per some posters.
Good that some don't drink or can't handle booze.
I commend them for being completely sober.
As someone said earlier, so you can say, "Well, I didn't do anything different than what others do."
Quote:
I answered the questions to the extent that others have advised is enough.
On advice of your attorney?
Quote:
Even some of you questions were answered but you might have missed them.
I must have missed them. What questions did you directly answer?
Quote:
As the wannabe cop was spouting the wrong laws it's just amazing peeps want to give their opinion of guilt or innocence but won't opinion a jury instruction, not mine in particular, but in general. Not really hard to do.
What you want is an interpretation of the law and a definition within the law. The law is clear. The definition of "under the influence", however, requires more information to determine whether the facts of the case meet the burden of proof. It isn't a number. It says, " consuming an amount of alcohol to cause the person to be less able to exercise clear judgment..." It does not quantify the "amount of alcohol".
Quote:
And it's not too hard to say you've operated and drank ma beer is it?
Anyone else's behavior is immaterial and irrelevant.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 16:44   #243
SpringerTGO

Quote:
Interpret it so we have a basis for having one beer makes one "intoxicated" per some posters.
Good that some don't drink or can't handle booze.
I commend them for being completely sober.

I answered the questions to the extent that others have advised is enough. Even some of you questions were answered but you might have missed them.
As the wannabe cop was spouting the wrong laws it's just amazing peeps want to give their opinion of guilt or innocence but won't opinion a jury instruction, not mine in particular, but in general. Not really hard to do.
And it's not too hard to say you've operated and drank ma beer is it?
Just because people condemning your actions and attitude might have had a drink and driven doesn't change a thing. You got caught. If I get pulled over after having a drink, it will be my fault and not the officers. Just like if I have a weapon at the time. It's not the officers fault that you took a chance and blew it. A major part of his job is keeping impaired drivers off the road, but I doubt he enjoys that part of it.

Last edited by SpringerTGO; 12-07-2012 at 16:44..
SpringerTGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 17:20   #244
Bruce M

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post

First, however, answer this. Were you put on trial for the alcohol charge?The quiet is your fault. There are many, many questions put to you that you refuse to answer. ...
Quote:

I answered the questions to the extent that others have advised is enough. Even some of you questions were answered but you might have missed them.
?

I guess I missed it. But I do not seem to understand exactly what charges were filed and whether there was an acquital or a finding of guilt. Could someone point me to the answers to this?
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.

Last edited by Bruce M; 12-07-2012 at 17:21..
Bruce M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 17:46   #245
jdavionic
NRA Member

Quote:
wow, now the names.
"the names" started with your very first post, continues throughout, and yet you have the audacity to be offended & surprised. I'm pretty sure there's a life lesson that's not buried too deep for you there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksnort1959
I was asked if my concealed was loaded.pretty stupid cop and the impending civil rights violation suit will maybe edumacate him

I love that cops have vid rolling to show how inept they are.

Right here pops. Some of us have to toll and get dirty during the day to support you guys

I have to work during the day to support the rest of you slackers

Do you mind Barney going through your personnel belongings on a "hunch" or fishing expo?

...cuffed and stuffed just because maybe Barney thought he was gonna get an atta boy from his boss.

Did you also get a law degree or did youjust do the 60 credit thing to get in?

Hold your horses Bronco Billy.

I amazed at all the posts from cops on the legality of items depicted. I didn't realize you guys also got law degrees. I always assumed you were just evidence gathers.

The reading comp on this board is an absolute joke.

You aren't by chance the famous Milwaukkee pizza delivery boy that shot the robber that started the movement for CCW in WI are you?

"No matter how bad it gets, if you're still alive it's just another bad day."

Last edited by jdavionic; 12-08-2012 at 09:10..
jdavionic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 18:56   #246
AZson

Good luck I hope you win.
Old 12-07-2012, 20:57   #247
JuneyBooney

If you had a jury trial, op, how many years were you facing? Life is a battle and we are just like animals fighting for survival each and every day.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool songs:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool car:
JuneyBooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 22:06   #248
SgtScott31

Let's not forget the completely different standard between criminal trial & a civil rights action against a LEO and/or the agency. If the officers acted reasonably in the arrest, there's no chance a civil suit will make it past summary judgment. From the fact patterns given by the OP, I don't see any $$$ in his future; or even any disciplinary action against the involved officers. Frankly it will probably cost him far more money retaining the attorneys who will even consider filing an action.
SgtScott31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 22:18   #249
JuneyBooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtScott31 View Post
Let's not forget the completely different standard between criminal trial & a civil rights action against a LEO and/or the agency. If the officers acted reasonably in the arrest, there's no chance a civil suit will make it past summary judgment. From the fact patterns given by the OP, I don't see any $$$ in his future; or even any disciplinary action against the involved officers. Frankly it will probably cost him far more money retaining the attorneys who will even consider filing an action.
I agree and I see a total waste of time and energy on his part unless there is something we don't know about.

Cool songs:

Cool car:
Old 12-07-2012, 22:21   #250
USMCsilver
Boat Life ©

Send a message via AIM to USMCsilver Send a message via Yahoo to USMCsilver
Tagged.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

"Kiss my ass, I bought a boat! I'm goin' out to sea..." (Jimmy Buffett covering Lovett)
USMCsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 23:38   #251
Jgriggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BicycleDay43 View Post
An individual must be 21 years of age to be hired as an LEO for most agencies. (For dealing with handguns, alcohol). Not sure if you're being sarcastic or just full of it.
19.5 in WA state.

http://www.wsp.wa.gov/employment/requirements.htm
Jgriggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:19   #252
golls17
Lifetime Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgriggs View Post
I suspect it has gotten real quiet in here because after ten pages most have gotten bored and moved on.

I have a question for you.
Is it legal in your state to carry while you're drinking?
Is it legal to carry in an establishment or an area whose primary business is to serve alcohol?

Quote:
Yes as long as you're not intoxicated and yes as long as the establishment does not restrict it (signs in WI carry legal weight)
Put a few qualifiers in red.

Quote:
If not, then your 'who hasn't had a few drinks and sped all around town with a weapon' argument is moot.
It's moot, anyways. We're not the ones who are trying to defend ourselves, online or in court.
My comments are my own opinions and are not intended to be interpreted as the position of my department.

golls17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:54   #253
turrican

Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
Very BAD idea to be discussing this "legal" matter here!
Do yourself a favor & let the lawyers handle this, keep your
comments off the WWW, the defense team WILL find this.
Nice to see some degree of common sense still exists on gun forums.

turrican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:58   #254
Ryobi
SummertimeRules

You are a poster child for anti ccw groups.
Quote:
I was asked if my concealed was loaded. pretty stupid cop and the impending civil rights violation suit will maybe edumacate him

Moderator Note: I moved this from another thread to its own for better exposure and discussion. Hopefully, it might help others who find themselves in similar circumstances.
Ryobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:20   #255
Lady Glock

Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
I don't have anything to add that isn't already here, but I want to know the outcome, so ....I post

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!
Lady Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:47   #256
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgriggs View Post
I have a question for you.
Is it legal in your state to carry while you're drinking?
Is it legal to carry in an establishment or an area whose primary business is to serve alcohol?
Quote:
Yes and yes
Quote:
Yes as long as you're not intoxicated and yes as long as the establishment does not restrict it (signs in WI carry legal weight)
Quote:
Originally Posted by golls17 View Post
Put a few qualifiers in red.
This is how the law actually reads relating to your second question:
Quote:
Quote:
941.237  Carrying handgun where alcohol beverages may be sold and consumed.

(2) Whoever intentionally goes armed with a handgun on any premises for which a Class "B" or "Class B" license or permit has been issued under ch. 125 is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor.
(3) Subsection (2) does not apply to any of the following:
(cx) A licensee, as defined in s. 175.60 (1) (d), or an out-of-state licensee, as defined in s. 175.60 (1) (g), if the licensee or out-of-state licensee is not consuming alcohol on the premises.
Your first question is related to this:
Quote:
Quote:
941.20  Endangering safety by use of dangerous weapon.
(1) Whoever does any of the following is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor:
(b) Operates or goes armed with a firearm while he or she is under the influence of an intoxicant;
Now we have the definition of "under the influence" found here,WISCONSIN’S NEW CARRYING CONCEALED WEAPON LAW QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS AUGUST 2, 2011, at Page 30 under the heading, "Can I carry a firearm, concealed or open, in a tavern?"

That document appears to be where bucksnort1959 found his "Jury Instruction".
Quote:
“Under the Influence” has been defined as materially impairing the ability to handle a firearm which is further explained as consuming “an amount of alcohol to cause the person to be less able to exercise clear judgment and steady hand necessary to handle a firearm.” WI Jury Instruction-CRIMINAL 1321.
Probably, bucksnort1959 was never charged with carrying under the influence. He was, probably, arrested based on the officer's suspicion that he was under the influence, but he was never charged.

It was perhaps that suspicion and the resulting arrest that triggered the search of his vehicle. That is, maybe, his complaint in his 42 USC § 1983 action.

He probably alleges that with a BAC of 0.012, he exhibited no physical characteristics of being under the influence. He allegedly has a police dash cam video of the stop. That should show him exiting his vehicle, being handcuffed, and walking back to the police vehicle. The audio would disclose his speech pattern. If all that is normal...

If the arrest was based solely on the smell of alcohol on his breath, without any other articulable evidence of impairment, the arrest may be declared illegal. Then, he may allege, the resulting search of his vehicle and the seizure of his weapon may be violations of his Rights.

bucksnort1959, is that pretty much how things are?

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:43   #257
JuneyBooney

Russ, that sounds like the only way it could happen that his rights were violated under color of law. I would like to see the beginning of the tape to see if it shows the traffic infraction that caused the leo to make the stop.

Is this guy really from Wisconsin and do you guys think he is 53?

Friday, Sept. 211:26 a.m. — A 34-year-old Onalaska man was arrested on the 600 block of 12th Avenue North for drunken driving (BAC .012).

If it is Wisconsin and real I believe we can find it on a public search.

Cool songs:

Cool car:

Last edited by JuneyBooney; 12-08-2012 at 19:19..
Old 12-08-2012, 11:56   #258
Glockdude1
CLM Number 185
Federal Member

Quote:
Yes and yes
Is your other screen name Coleslaw by chance??

Old 12-08-2012, 11:59   #259
Jgriggs

I'd like to know if he came off as argumentative, belligerent, and uncooperative during that stop as he has here. I'd like to know if he opted for a BAC test in lieu of a field sobriety. I wonder if that might not be the "arrest" he's talking about.
Jgriggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 13:22   #260
Shinytop

If his responses here are any indication the he probably did not answer the questions or asked his own out of nowhere questions.

LEO: Do you why I stopped you?

BS: What percentage of bowlers have picked up a 7-10 split?

LEO: Have you been drinking?

BS: Have you ever had a drink for 4 nights in a row and then skipped drinking for two nights?
Shinytop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ccw arrest, ccw followup