Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-31-2012, 21:13   #1
RVSwisher

G36 Night Sights

What night sights is everyone using on your Glock 36? I have used this gun as my daily carry for a couple of years. Ready to upgrade to night sights.

Thanks
RVSwisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 22:10   #2
CanyonMan
In The Saddle

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVSwisher View Post
What night sights is everyone using on your Glock 36? I have used this gun as my daily carry for a couple of years. Ready to upgrade to night sights.

Thanks

Hey amigo, I usually carry a 1911, BUT I do own and carry a G36 as well and have about 1500 rounds through it. Great gun, and very accurate.

Please consider: There is NO need for NS on a carry gun for SD. Your going to point and shoot, day or night...

Your not going to be shooting at 10/15//25 yds, your going to be at a hall way distance 'or less' in your house or 3.4.5.6.7. feet at the ma and pa store etc. This is a point and shoot thing amigo 'not a weaver stance like at the range'. ha.

NS will take your eyes and mind of the threat, and place them on the sights/dots, etc.

I would assume in the couple years you have been shooting that G36, your a pretty good shot with it at SD range. Again, a few feet. So why mess up a good thing, and put yourself in a situation where you break consentration on the target by trying to line up sights...

Go to the range, set up a Silhouette target at even "7 Yards," far more than your going to be needing in a SD situation, and 'forget your sights' are on the gun. Point and shoot without hesitation or 'aiming all day', and just 'point and pull the trigger' at center mass... I bet your fine.

Dark is no different. You don't want 'your eye's (even for a split second) off the threat (target) and NS for SD will pull your eyes away.

Keep what ya got and don't scratch your itch on this one amigo.. Do what ya want, but I assure you, for just a SD gun only, you already got the sights ya need. Again, your mere feet away, not yards. If your yards away then you can or should be able to get away from the threat.

An average life and death threat is going to be just a few feet from ya. "Point and shoot."

Spend your $$$ on ammo and range fees ! You'll be far better off !

Stay safe pard..

CM

http://www.prorodeo.com/

Jesus said: You who are without sin cast the first stone.. John 8: 7
CanyonMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 18:37   #3
Redstate

I use the standard stock rear white outline sight for the rear and an Ameriglo tritium front. Most of my Glocks are configured this way. On one of my glocks, I have Mepro yellow rear and Mepro green front.
Redstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 21:33   #4
hakuin

Send a message via AIM to hakuin
There's some very sound thinking in CanyonMan's position on being fixed on the person/thing that's trying to kill you. That said, I feel that the Big Dot sight system MIGHT just find it's way into my peripheral field of view while I'm staring at the deadly threat causing me to defend my life (or that of others).
Same theory was used by safari hunters in Africa for their rifles hunting dangerous game...
hakuin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:55   #5
druryj

I like the green Meps on my G36 just a tiny little better than the green Trijicons on my G26. Personally, I find that both help me grab that front sight post a little quicker; day or night.
druryj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 19:30   #6
mrmedina
NRA Member

Been using Truglo's TFO, going over eight years. And over 3700 rounds fired. Sight vials still in tight. Cleaned and wiped down after shooting. No problems.

Big Dawg #1406, Sub Club #104
Kalashnikov Klub# 1105, Black Rifle Forum #1105
mrmedina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:50   #7
kemosabe

Green 3 dot Meprolights.
USMC Rules for Gunfighting #21. "Be professional. Be polite. But, have a plan to kill everyone you meet." Deo Vindice
Florida Glockers Club #1948
Thin to Win Club #3929 H & K Club #3929
kemosabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 18:44   #8
JLM63

Ameriglo I-dot pros.
$69-something at Cheaper Than Dirt.
JLM63 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:49   #9
Jim S.

XS Big Dot 24/7's.
Perfect for a short range defensive hand gun.
Please do not discount using sights in a gun fight.
Every situation is different and even though the first couple of rounds may be "point and shoot" the following shots may require a quick glance at the front sight to make the final shots count.
Old 09-13-2012, 20:27   #10
crash972

Green Mepros on all my Glocks.
crash972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 19:56   #11
matthew.s
Glock Miscreant

AmeriGlo Trijicon Front and Rear Green with White Outlines all the way.

- En Omnia Paradus - In all things Prepared
matthew.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 21:31   #12
Paul53
Geezer Boomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanyonMan View Post
Hey amigo, I usually carry a 1911, BUT I do own and carry a G36 as well and have about 1500 rounds through it. Great gun, and very accurate.

Please consider: There is NO need for NS on a carry gun for SD. Your going to point and shoot, day or night...

Your not going to be shooting at 10/15//25 yds, your going to be at a hall way distance 'or less' in your house or 3.4.5.6.7. feet at the ma and pa store etc. This is a point and shoot thing amigo 'not a weaver stance like at the range'. ha.

NS will take your eyes and mind of the threat, and place them on the sights/dots, etc.

I would assume in the couple years you have been shooting that G36, your a pretty good shot with it at SD range. Again, a few feet. So why mess up a good thing, and put yourself in a situation where you break consentration on the target by trying to line up sights...

Go to the range, set up a Silhouette target at even "7 Yards," far more than your going to be needing in a SD situation, and 'forget your sights' are on the gun. Point and shoot without hesitation or 'aiming all day', and just 'point and pull the trigger' at center mass... I bet your fine.

Dark is no different. You don't want 'your eye's (even for a split second) off the threat (target) and NS for SD will pull your eyes away.

Keep what ya got and don't scratch your itch on this one amigo.. Do what ya want, but I assure you, for just a SD gun only, you already got the sights ya need. Again, your mere feet away, not yards. If your yards away then you can or should be able to get away from the threat.

An average life and death threat is going to be just a few feet from ya. "Point and shoot."

Spend your $$$ on ammo and range fees ! You'll be far better off !

Stay safe pard..

CM
Blasphemy I say! Actually this is what I've been thinking for a long time, but everybody talks about night sights so I was thinking follow the crowd. Thanks for a great answer. I suspect you'll get flamed, though.

Paul53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:47   #13
kemosabe

Green 3 dot Meps. Sorry for the double reply.
USMC Rules for Gunfighting #21. "Be professional. Be polite. But, have a plan to kill everyone you meet." Deo Vindice
Florida Glockers Club #1948
Thin to Win Club #3929 H & K Club #3929

Last edited by kemosabe; 10-08-2012 at 12:48..
kemosabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:15   #14
Pecos Bill

I didn't spend the money on night sights. I put glow paint on mine. It works. WHY? I have a simple reason. I practice at an indoor range. The targets are lit but the shooting tables are pretty dark. The glow paint really helps me see and form that muscle memory for shooting fast without aiming as mentioned above. Lets pray we never have to use our skills.
Pecos Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 20:21   #15
Glock Master

I like the Meps on my G36.
Glock Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 20:52   #16
MNBud

I just installed TruGlo TFO's on my 36.

Sub club #622
Certified Glock armorer
MNBud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 21:18   #17
R*E

NS are handy if you have to put down a critter at night.
R*E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:55   #18
CanMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim S. View Post
XS Big Dot 24/7's.
Perfect for a short range defensive hand gun.
Please do not discount using sights in a gun fight.
Every situation is different and even though the first couple of rounds may be "point and shoot" the following shots may require a quick glance at the front sight to make the final shots count.

Thanks for articulating what I was thinking but couldn't spit out. I like the Big Dots too. A 'flash' front sight picture just might be/punch the ticket. I've seen an upswing in the TFOs lately...... whatever works!
CanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 22:14   #19
Torontogunguy

I'm going to give it a try at the range next visit at 7 yards. I can assure you that whatever the situation it is very likely to be 7 yards, 7 rounds, 7 seconds. Win or lose. Night sights may or may not make the difference.... do I want to gamble? I'm going to give it a try at the range. I have a Glock 30 with regular sights (factory) and one with night sights. My G36 is factory without night sights but have been thinking seriously about putting a laser on it (Lasermax). I have a laser on my Glock 30's both... and they are awesome. Point and shoot.... but that laser makes a difference.
There's no such thing as too much training or too much practice....
Torontogunguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 23:14   #20
jdwest1978

Trijicons...
jdwest1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 13:01   #21
G36_Me

While CanyonMan gives some good advice. There are several reasons to upgrade the Glock factory plastic sights. You might want metal, you might be shooting in low light, etc. I would advise that you do need to use your sights many times in self defense situations.

My G36 has TG-H3 sights and I love them. See the pic. I would advise to upgrade as better have and not need than need and not have. They are not that expensive and if you are carrying this gun as much as you say, well worth the investment. Pretty darn hard to take a pic with my cell, but I did.

Thin to Win - G36 Club
Glock Professional Instructor
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

Last edited by G36_Me; 11-16-2012 at 13:01.. Reason: typo fix
G36_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 04:41   #22
MeanAction
MeanAction

Here's my night sight:
Attached Thumbnails
Thin to Win - G36 Club - Click for larger version  
MeanAction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 21:54   #23
Singlestack Wonder

Heinie Slant Pro Straight Eight Night Sights are the only choice for combat night sights.
Old 12-08-2012, 22:52   #24
4Rules

Sight recommendation
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1425338
4Rules is offline   Reply With Quote