Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-11-2012, 13:22   #141
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlavallee View Post
You're totally entitled to think it is pathetic but you should care that it is illegal because government being allowed to outlaw free choices of consenting adults opens the door for them to infringe on your right to make your own choices like where or if you buy health insurance.
There are a lot of things the government has outlawed that I don't agree with. But, I comply, nevertheless, because that is the contract we made when we adapted our Constitutional form of representative government. Just because I didn't sign doesn't mean I don't agree to be bound by it.

Last edited by series1811; 12-11-2012 at 13:23..
series1811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 13:37   #142
Fear Night
NRA Life Member

Let the states decide. The less the federal government tells us what we can or can't do, the better.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
|
Fear Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 13:37   #143
jlavallee

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
There are a lot of things the government has outlawed that I don't agree with. But, I comply, nevertheless, because that is the contract we made when we adapted our Constitutional form of representative government. Just because I didn't sign doesn't mean I don't agree to be bound by it.
Sigh, the purpose of government is to protect individual liberty. We the people empower it with some of our rights but it doesn't have rights because of a collective as communism suggests or you seem to imply. It doesn't have rights that we don't have and therefore, isn't supposed to infringe on our rights unless we've been tried and found guilty of a crime against another by a jury of our peers.

The initation of force that the government claims the right to is as a result of people allowing BS like that to happen. Next time you're looted by the IRS to pay for a schmuck who won't get off their arse but wants free Obama stuff (see your sig line) just remember that YOU are endorsing the overreach of government with your silence.

Track bills in Congress and tell politicians your opinion.
jlavallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 14:41   #144
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
Sigh, the purpose of government is to protect individual liberty. We the people empower it with some of our rights but it doesn't have rights because of a collective as communism suggests or you seem to imply. It doesn't have rights that we don't have and therefore, isn't supposed to infringe on our rights unless we've been tried and found guilty of a crime against another by a jury of our peers.

The initation of force that the government claims the right to is as a result of people allowing BS like that to happen. Next time you're looted by the IRS to pay for a schmuck who won't get off their arse but wants free Obama stuff (see your sig line) just remember that YOU are endorsing the overreach of government with your silence.
I don't think you would like a world where everybody only follows the rules they like as much as you think you would.

There are other laws besides those on weed and hookers that some people don't like to follow.

Besides, you keep wanting me to say I think prostitution should be illegal. I'm not saying that. I'm saying that hookers and the people who go to them are pathetic, but for different reasons. That's not the same as saying it should be against the law.

Last edited by series1811; 12-11-2012 at 14:43..
Old 12-12-2012, 00:22   #145
jlavallee

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
I don't think you would like a world where everybody only follows the rules they like as much as you think you would.
Nobody said anything about only following rules they like. There is no "right" to infringe on another and you still have contracts that must be abided by if you enter into them but barring that, you're free to live your life as you choose. Big difference.

Track bills in Congress and tell politicians your opinion.
jlavallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 00:56   #146
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.

It's called "ZAP" "zero aggression principle".'08.

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.
kirgi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:16   #147
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
Nobody said anything about only following rules they like. There is no "right" to infringe on another and you still have contracts that must be abided by if you enter into them but barring that, you're free to live your life as you choose. Big difference.
I'm sorry, I thought you didn't like the rule against prostituiton, and therefore think you shouldn't have to follow it, because you don't think it hurts anybody.

I've got rules I don't like, too. I follow them. Be glad.

And, a final news article by one of the willing participants. If you could read this and feel good about having paid this woman for sex, then you are a different person from me.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olympi...9390--oly.html

Last edited by series1811; 12-20-2012 at 13:40..