SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-19-2012, 14:49   #1
glock2740
Gun lover.

Just banned myself from a LGS

I went to see if they had any G23 mags, which I knew was slim, but what the heck? They asked if I needed anything and I said G23 mags. He said they were out and didn't know when they would get anymore in, as he was stocking some AR mags. Anyway, I walked over to look at the AR mags and asked WTF!?! They had their 60rd AR mags priced at $200.00!!! I asked him if he knew that NO legislation had even been written, much less voted on and passed? He just shrugged his shoulders and acted like it was no big deal. What a POS! They can kiss my ass and my business bye bye.

Last edited by glock2740; 12-19-2012 at 14:50..
glock2740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 15:06   #2
B_RAD

Wow! And I thought the $39.99 Pmags for sale at the LGS was bad. I went looking for some Federal Gold Match .308, of course not, and I saw their prices for the PMags. I walked straight out. First and last time in this (new lgs in Rogers)!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 12-19-2012, 15:09   #3
SigFTW

Typical bull crap price gouging.
Old 12-19-2012, 15:12   #4
Airborne Infantryman
'Murica!

Free market. What is it?
Airborne Infantryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 15:17   #5
DonD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigFTW View Post
Typical bull crap price gouging.
It may be typical but disgusting nevertheless. I hope more than the OP boycott this creep. He has every right to price things as he wishes, his customers can and should take this gouging as an insult and take their business elsewhere. Don
DonD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 15:21   #6
Foxtrotx1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne Infantryman View Post
Free market. What is it?
Yeah It's a free market. But I can also use my first amendment right to ***** about it. I don't see your point.

Eagle Scout.
Foxtrotx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 15:49   #7
Airborne Infantryman
'Murica!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxtrotx1 View Post
Yeah It's a free market. But I can also use my first amendment right to ***** about it. I don't see your point.
My point is, he can do whatever the **** he wants with his business, and you can say whatever the **** you want about his business.

Instead of being a whiner, vote with your wallet and go elsewhere.....or keep whining. After all, its your 1st Amendment right.

Last edited by Airborne Infantryman; 12-19-2012 at 15:50..
Old 12-19-2012, 15:51   #8
B_RAD

This is bull crap! You know, I try to shop at the lgs and not the big boxes or online. I pay more already because the lgs usually can't compete on price because the big boxes deal in large volumes. But, I want to support the locals. Then they pull this crap! Why should I try to support them when they exploit this event and try to screw us over. I'm going to go to a couple of the lgs tonight and if they're gauging I will tell them what I think of them and never shop there again. After all this is my part in the capitalist system!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 12-19-2012, 15:55   #9
WarEagle32

Price gouging in times of need is a businesses right! I just never trade with them again when the shoe is on the other foot! If "assault" weapons are banned. It may hurt some of these gun stores in the long run. Dunno
WarEagle32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 15:57   #10
Gregg702
Gold Membership

Quote:
My point is, he can do whatever the **** he wants with his business, and you can say whatever the **** you want about his business.

Instead of being a whiner, vote with your wallet and go elsewhere.....or keep whining. After all, its your 1st Amendment right.

He isn't whining, he is voting with his wallet and telling other people with similar interests about someone who was offering a product at an unfair price.

Rimfire Club Member #702
Gregg702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 15:59   #11
Airborne Infantryman
'Murica!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudiGregg View Post
He isn't whining, he is voting with his wallet and telling other people with similar interests about someone who was offering a product at an unfair price.
Forgive me for being vague. When I say "whining", I'm not referring to him or anyone else in this thread. I referring to people in general.
Old 12-19-2012, 16:01   #12
CMG

I went by the LGS this morning hoping to find some quality trade-ins from the madness.

Last week they had a rack full of various ARs, this morning only two S&Ws left.
The owner (I know him) told the guy: If you want them buy them now.
The guy asked: Why.
The owner said, because the next ones I bring out will be alot higher.
He had 20 more in the back, but they were going to be priced $150 more... supply and demand.
Old 12-19-2012, 17:39   #13
GAFinch

Checked out three gun shops mostly out of curiosity (did get one pistol mag) - not a single AR magazine in sight. As for ammo, one shop had a half case of tracer rounds and a few boxes of .223 hunting ammo.
Old 12-19-2012, 17:41   #14
BamaTrooper
Almost Done

Send a message via Yahoo to BamaTrooper
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMG View Post
I went by the LGS this morning hoping to find some quality trade-ins from the madness.

Last week they had a rack full of various ARs, this morning only two S&Ws left.
The owner (I know him) told the guy: If you want them buy them now.
The guy asked: Why.
The owner said, because the next ones I bring out will be alot higher.
He had 20 more in the back, but they were going to be priced $150 more... supply and demand.
Look at some of the bids people are offering on Gunbroker and Auctionarms.
Old 12-19-2012, 19:45   #15
Dan Glock

Same at one of my local LGS, he automatically jacked up prices because he said the prices where going to go up. Pre-speculation much? His ARs where there before Obama talked about the gun control Friday. So he gouges on existing ARs and ammo. I always shop for prices and some local LGS are just too greedy. For example that one LGS had a pistol retailed 300$ above retail which in fact retail isn't usually paid for and the fact was I did buy a similar pistol elsewhere at an under retail price. He said his advertised price was just barely making him 50$!! Long story short, while not insulting his store and while he asked for me to prove the price I paid, I showed him my layaway receipt with price and then re replies and says"Oh, k can do it for that price"... This was a week ago and I paid him another visit and while browsing, I saw that same pistol with the same crazy price.
I don't care what more a LGS want to make but to just straight up rip customers off isn't correct. There's business sense and there's greed.
Dan Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 19:47   #16
TheExplorer

Fortunately my local shops are run by old-timers. I haven't seen any abnormal price jumps in years. They sold 50 AR's in two days and are fine with selling them at the same normal prices.
TheExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 19:55   #17
Black Dog Coffee

Ima just throw this out there as food for thought. It's possible that an increase on existing inventory could be justified if replacement cost is going to be higher. I can tell you it happens in the coffee business. The coffee market can be volatile and have huge price swings. A couple years ago my costs doubled in the space of months. If I didn't increase prices on what I had I couldn't have afforded to replace it and keep the lights on.

Now, there's a big difference between an increase and a gouge as well.
Black Dog Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 20:32   #18
stolivar

Who cares

Quote:
Forgive me for being vague. When I say "whining", I'm not referring to him or anyone else in this thread. I referring to people in general.

You were whining about him.

steve
stolivar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 20:42   #19
CLM Number 101
Monkeyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock2740 View Post
I went to see if they had any G23 mags, which I knew was slim, but what the heck? They asked if I needed anything and I said G23 mags. He said they were out and didn't know when they would get anymore in, as he was stocking some AR mags. Anyway, I walked over to look at the AR mags and asked WTF!?! They had their 60rd AR mags priced at $200.00!!! I asked him if he knew that NO legislation had even been written, much less voted on and passed? He just shrugged his shoulders and acted like it was no big deal. What a POS! They can kiss my ass and my business bye bye.
Sounds like the 60-round SureFire mag. If it was, that's not too bad, considering it was expensive to start with, $90 or some thing like that, right?
You want to know what's price gouging? Look up your Dictionary, under Cheaper Than Dirt.

Politicians and judges who voted for, and supported, Obamacare are traitors to the country!
Con, the first 3 letters in Congress.
UN, the first 2 letters in UNnecessary.
12131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 20:52   #20
Airborne Infantryman
'Murica!

ETA: Don't want another infraction

Last edited by Airborne Infantryman; 12-19-2012 at 20:54..