Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-26-2012, 10:42   #1
dvrdwn72

Gun confiscation!!!

Okay, I see the mad rush at all the lgs to purchase ar's ak's ammo,mags, etc etc.How many would participate in a mandatory buy back? Now im reaching but,,, lets say the fed decides to "confiscate" firearms on a ban list, how would they go about it??? UN, our troops, local pd, atf,dhs,fbi???? Who in all honestly would comply? Lets start with local pd's, do we really think that they would do a door to door? Would they say oh, hell no were not doing that, would it depend on which state? Would the fed flood the country with agents? I will say I believe if the "UN" comes in then we have a very big problem, foreign troops on American soil, participating in something that is in direct violation of the U.S. constitution.
I just wonder how far this could go. Is it just alot of political talk to make it sound like they are trying to please their constituants? Will the awb of the 90's just be reintroduced? Where what is out there already is grandfathered? I wonder if anything will even come of this as it might just be left up to the states to decide.
Sorry for the long rant, im off this week, its raining out and im just bored, so lets hear it?
dvrdwn72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 17:47   #2
TangoFoxtrot
OIF 04-05

Maybe for the rest of America! They are not confiscating my guns! I'll be dead or in federal prison first.

Last edited by TangoFoxtrot; 12-30-2012 at 07:56..
TangoFoxtrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 17:52   #3
NEVRL8T

I don't think I would want to be going door to door trying to take guns from the hillbillies in Kentucky, the Appalachians or south Arkansas.
NEVRL8T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 18:08   #4
jdavionic
NRA Member

I don't see confiscation being a viable nationwide option. The amount of resources required would be well beyond what I believe we (as a nation) are capable of, especially when you think that it would not be wise to send just 1 LE person to each residence.

If retroactive, I would expect the law would require you to turn them in or risk a significant fine & or jail. Then, you'd be unable to use them at the range, be in trouble if you possessed one in a traffic stop or some other unrelated encounter with LE, etc. Basically they would work to purge them from being in the hands of citizens by intimidation and attrition.

"No matter how bad it gets, if you're still alive it's just another bad day."
jdavionic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 19:12   #5
dvrdwn72

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavionic View Post
I don't see confiscation being a viable nationwide option. The amount of resources required would be well beyond what I believe we (as a nation) are capable of, especially when you think that it would not be wise to send just 1 LE person to each residence.

If retroactive, I would expect the law would require you to turn them in or risk a significant fine & or jail. Then, you'd be unable to use them at the range, be in trouble if you possessed one in a traffic stop or some other unrelated encounter with LE, etc. Basically they would work to purge them from being in the hands of citizens by intimidation and attrition.
This is what I was thinking. I only see it happening in the left states.
dvrdwn72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 19:30   #6
Calhoun123

Ever heard of things like DUI checkpoints; insurance checkpoints, seat belt check points, Terry stops, etc. They will get you when you least expect it. They will make it so your only option is to hide it away or bury it. Using it will not be an option. You want even be able to talk about it without fear of being informed on for cash via crime stoppers.
Calhoun123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 19:32   #7
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

What guns? No one has guns here, this is a social club.

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 19:44   #8
jdavionic
NRA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calhoun123 View Post
Ever heard of things like DUI checkpoints; insurance checkpoints, seat belt check points, Terry stops, etc. They will get you when you least expect it. They will make it so your only option is to hide it away or bury it. Using it will not be an option. You want even be able to talk about it without fear of being informed on for cash via crime stoppers.
Yep...if you are caught hunting with one, you get in trouble. If you use one in self defense, you get in trouble.

Old 12-26-2012, 20:02   #9
concretefuzzynuts
Brew Crew

This will not happen this go round. Git yer panties out of a wad.
GTDS Member #7
GOTOD Member #757
Snub Club Member #757
NRA Member
concretefuzzynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 20:59   #10
barth
six barrels

Quote:
Originally Posted by janice6 View Post
What guns? No one has guns here, this is a social club.
We all like to talk big.
Stories around the camp fire.
The fish was this big.

But much like Big Foot, it's just a legend.
Privately owned guns?

No way.....

Last edited by barth; 12-26-2012 at 21:00..
barth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:29   #11
FireForged
Millenium #3936

Nobody came to get guns in 1934
Nobody came to get guns in 1968
NObody came to get guns in 1989
Nobody came to get guns in 1994

and Nobody will come to get guns in 2013
Old 12-29-2012, 11:45   #12
jdavionic
NRA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireForged View Post
Nobody came to get guns in 1934
Nobody came to get guns in 1968
NObody came to get guns in 1989
Nobody came to get guns in 1994

and Nobody will come to get guns in 2013
They don't have the resources and there is no need to add the resources. They are working to criminalize those who own them by forcing you to register each one and pay money to retain the ownership. Combine this tactic with ammunition restrictions, and they are working to make ownership as difficult as possible.

There's no need to bang on doors. There are much more cost effective and safer ways to accomplish the same goal - impose further restrictions on our rights.

Old 12-29-2012, 12:05   #13
danNiB-X

Quote:
They don't have the resources and there is no need to add the resources. They are working to criminalize those who own them by forcing you to register each one and pay money to retain the ownership. Combine this tactic with ammunition restrictions, and they are working to make ownership as difficult as possible.

There's no need to bang on doors. There are much more cost effective and safer ways to accomplish the same goal - impose further restrictions on our rights.
You are right sir, this will only push things into the shadows and alleys. The black market will surge so on and so forth. Politicians, especially the ones we have now are a joke. They no longer represent the people...Everyday our dynasty merges further and further away from the path. Hate to say it but, our dynasty will fall...

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by danNiB-X; 12-29-2012 at 12:07..
danNiB-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:05   #14
danNiB-X

Disregard

Last edited by danNiB-X; 12-29-2012 at 12:06..
danNiB-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:18   #15
Dalton Wayne
CLM Number 239
Epic mustache

Send a message via MSN to Dalton Wayne Send a message via Skype™ to Dalton Wayne
Ammo been buying it cheap and stacking it deep, I could see this coming a year ago.
I'm set I can only use one gun at at time, my AK is configured for self defense with a few parts change I can configure it for hunting, and I do hunt with it.
They won't go door to door they know it would result in a civil uprising of gun owners.
I don't think as this bill is in it's current form has a snowballs chance in hell of passing
just my 2 cents
Dalton Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:39   #16
WinterWizard

If there is a mandatory buy-back/confiscation situation, hypthetically, I am sure I will have sold my guns before then. Sorry, no guns here, Officer...
WinterWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 15:09   #17
dukeblue91

Although I don't think it will come to this at least not yet.
If it ever would come to this I would do one of 3 things.

a: hide them all.
b: join a militia "most likely"
c: sell all my guns and ammo to the biggest militia for $1 and legal private transfer and tell the feds to go pound sand.
dukeblue91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:52   #18
Dalton Wayne
CLM Number 239
Epic mustache

Send a message via MSN to Dalton Wayne Send a message via Skype™ to Dalton Wayne
If they come to take our guns just shoot em in the face so the relatives can't have an open casket
Dalton Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:20   #19
TactiCool

Just paint orange tips on all of them. "It's ok sir, they're only replicas..."
TactiCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:02   #20
TangoFoxtrot
OIF 04-05

Quote:

Quote:
Yep...if you are caught hunting with one, you get in trouble. If you use one in self defense, you get in trouble.
Quote:

All of the above statements are absolutely correct! This is exactly how its going to be done...Not by door to door confiscation.
TangoFoxtrot is offline   Reply With Quote