GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2012, 20:08   #201
sns3guppy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,824
First time I saw your response, first time I responded. Don't like it? Tough.

You need to grow up, a bit.

You need to grow up a lot, actually. Work on that, then check back again, in two weeks.
sns3guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 19:20   #202
jbglock
Senior Member
 
jbglock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by sns3guppy View Post
First time I saw your response, first time I responded. Don't like it? Tough.

You need to grow up, a bit.

You need to grow up a lot, actually. Work on that, then check back again, in two weeks.
Awww. Don't like it pointed out when you've done something stupid?
jbglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 22:08   #203
sns3guppy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,824
I haven't, and haven't engaged in juvenile name calling, either.

Again, grow up.
sns3guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 22:20   #204
jbglock
Senior Member
 
jbglock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by sns3guppy View Post
I haven't, and haven't engaged in juvenile name calling, either.

Again, grow up.
Your just acting like your the dad of the forum when you aren't. You are acting like a pompous jerk and don't seem capable of understanding how dates work. Why don't you find some other month plus old argument that is over and chastise everyone in the thread? Is your real life really so lame that you need the internet to try and make you feel better?
jbglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 20:06   #205
hoghunter82
FL Glocker #182
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 856
I'm staying out of the fray here. I'm a huge HK fan, but the Moody's financial report is ugly. I hope they pull through because I do believe that HKs are some of the finest firearms made.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
hoghunter82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 00:20   #206
sns3guppy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,824
Quote:
Your just acting like your the dad of the forum when you aren't. You are acting like a pompous jerk and don't seem capable of understanding how dates work. Why don't you find some other month plus old argument that is over and chastise everyone in the thread? Is your real life really so lame that you need the internet to try and make you feel better?
When you grow up one day you'll be able to make a sentence or paragraph without filling it with insults. Presently you don't seem to be able to do that.

Good luck working on your maturity. Check back in 20 years or so, where hopefully we'll hear better from you.

How dates work? That really has nothing to do with this discussion. Dad of the forum? Cute. Irrelevant, but cute.

Did you get your homework done this evening?
sns3guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 16:06   #207
PrecisionRifleman
Senior Member
 
PrecisionRifleman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,306
No they aren't. I sold my HK USP when I lived in a humid environment because it kept rusting even though I lubricated it with CLP once weekly. The gen 3 G23 I had at the time never rusted not one time, and honestly there was nothing that was just great about the HK. Was it cool, sure, but was it better....not by any means.
__________________
PrecisionRifleman

G20SF
Gen4 G23
PrecisionRifleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 18:05   #208
jbglock
Senior Member
 
jbglock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by sns3guppy View Post
When you grow up one day you'll be able to make a sentence or paragraph without filling it with insults. Presently you don't seem to be able to do that.

Good luck working on your maturity. Check back in 20 years or so, where hopefully we'll hear better from you.

How dates work? That really has nothing to do with this discussion. Dad of the forum? Cute. Irrelevant, but cute.

Did you get your homework done this evening?
How dates work has nothing to do with this? Really? Is that only because it makes you look like a complete idiot vs. a partial idiot?
jbglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 20:00   #209
hoghunter82
FL Glocker #182
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 856
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrecisionRifleman View Post
No they aren't. I sold my HK USP when I lived in a humid environment because it kept rusting even though I lubricated it with CLP once weekly. The gen 3 G23 I had at the time never rusted not one time, and honestly there was nothing that was just great about the HK. Was it cool, sure, but was it better....not by any means.
Interesting, I keep my HK in a unairconditioned garage in my safe. I live in Florida so humidity is bad. I use a dry rod (which doesn't seem to do a damn thing because my EvaDry packs turn pink in 3 days). Never had any rust issues. I do worry about the inside of the barrels but its just as darn humid inside my house so I figured the garage wasn't much worse!


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
hoghunter82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 20:08   #210
sns3guppy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,824
Quote:
How dates work has nothing to do with this? Really? Is that only because it makes you look like a complete idiot vs. a partial idiot?
We've firmly established, then, that you can't post without showing your 14 year old age. Got it.

Sure you're on the right site? This is a firearms site, not a social dating site. The conversation regards HK firearms.

Perhaps you should go back to facebook, or whatever pimple-faced rubber-boned kids are doing, these days.
sns3guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 20:58   #211
PrecisionRifleman
Senior Member
 
PrecisionRifleman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoghunter82 View Post
Interesting, I keep my HK in a unairconditioned garage in my safe. I live in Florida so humidity is bad. I use a dry rod (which doesn't seem to do a damn thing because my EvaDry packs turn pink in 3 days). Never had any rust issues. I do worry about the inside of the barrels but its just as darn humid inside my house so I figured the garage wasn't much worse!


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
At the time I was living behind a creek, and the place I was in had moisture issues. The slide would very lightly have rust pitting, and the slide release was worse. It wasn't anything to be worried about so long as you gave it a wipe down, but I never had to do that with the Glock (the old shiny black finish). I'm not saying the HK isn't a good weapon because it is, but I don't think it rates the price tag for what the consumer is paying for by any means either. That is coming from a person who has bought 6k rifles for bench shooting. Point being that the price isn't a factor, but for the what you are purchasing I don't think it's worth it. In that price range I'll take a SIG any day over an HK.
__________________
PrecisionRifleman

G20SF
Gen4 G23
PrecisionRifleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 21:03   #212
hoghunter82
FL Glocker #182
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 856
I've never owned a Sig, but the 226 with full beavertail has me tempted.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
hoghunter82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 21:32   #213
Indianashooter
Senior Member
 
Indianashooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indiana
Posts: 253
My current EDC us a G19; I alternately carry a Smith 642. I use to own a HK USP C 40 w/ LEM trigger. I was very impressed with it. Was dead on accurate. Fit and finish was superb. Turns out I couldn't place the 2nd shot quite as accurate as the 1st, a problem I never had or have now with my Glock.

This reminds of past '1911 versus the world' threads. Simply because a gun is not an HK doesn't mean it is junk. There are many good firearms manufacturers out there and I hate to see companies like Colt, Smith, Ruger and Glock disparaged. These companies all make quality firearms. Some of the more budget constrained among us can't always buy 'Top Quality'. I drive one of those previously mentioned evil Fords. I have driven it for 10 yrs and only cost $12,000. It has gotten me through bad winters and hot summers with no problems save for regular maintenance. I would have LOVED a Porshe or BMW, but the money wasn't there.
And for the record, my G19 has never had a FTF and always go 'bang'. And it is dead accurate with the Critical Defense I carry in it.
Indianashooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 21:51   #214
PrecisionRifleman
Senior Member
 
PrecisionRifleman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoghunter82 View Post
I've never owned a Sig, but the 226 with full beavertail has me tempted.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Next on my list is the 229 in 40S&W or the 220 carry in 45ACP. I like the dark elite for the adjustable night sights. Fine weapons those SIGS are.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
PrecisionRifleman

G20SF
Gen4 G23
PrecisionRifleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 21:59   #215
sns3guppy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,824
I own several Sig 229's, 239's, etc, and they're outstanding firearms. The Sig DAK trigger is an similar to the HK LEM trigger, and it's very nicely executed.

In a former life, we were issued Sig P220's, and they were some of the easiest to shoot handguns I'd ever used. They seemed to make a good shooter out of nearly anyone.
sns3guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:48   #216
Shark1007
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: orlando
Posts: 395
I just traded for a usp compact in .357 sig. The fit and finish look better than Glock and Kahr, but at the range, I shot worse with the H&K than a PM45 Kahr. I did find the recoil pretty easy with the H&K, just not used to it yet. I believe I shoot the Glock better because of familiarity, but we will see as time progresses.

I was looking for reduced recoil as I have a bad neck and some issues there.
Shark1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 23:07   #217
Dubble-Tapper
Senior Member
 
Dubble-Tapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: the columbia river gorge
Posts: 1,840
I had a usp .45 tactical. I liked it a lot, good ergos, great looks, ****ty trigger, good build quality, fairly accurate, but I had FTF and stovepipe issues with it. I was upset about a 1000 dollar pistol not working out of the box, so I sold it. Best ergos of any poly gun for sure though.

Any mass produced product will have some bad ones get by QC, HK is no different. I may try another some day.
Dubble-Tapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:20   #218
barth
six barrels
 
barth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: The Free Zone
Posts: 5,167
You bet they are!

Absolutely
Heckler & Koch Forum

Last edited by barth; 12-27-2012 at 05:20..
barth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 19:19   #219
s&wfan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 692
Don't care for HKs. Have owned a few (Mark 23 and USP45).

The mag release is different. I traded the Mark 23 off because it just wasn't for me. Too big and clunky.

So, I am not brainwashed when I say the following:

You can take "plastic" out of the sentence. HK, flat out, makes the best pistols on Earth.
s&wfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 22:38   #220
Durden
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 632
I went through a serious and quite fanboi-ish HK phase, but ended up selling off all 3 of my HK pistols because of their great resale value, which allowed me to get other pistols that were at least as good at anywhere from 1/3 to 1/2 the cost.

I'm not and never would say that HK doesn't produce a high quality product. I am saying that they are overpriced for what you get, IMO, and that their marketing trumps real world, marginal benefits of their products versus many competing ones.

(I have thought about picking up a P7 and keeping it forever often, just because it's such a unique and storied pistol.)
Durden is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:31.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,179
261 Members
918 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 16:42