GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-17-2012, 20:08   #201
sns3guppy

First time I saw your response, first time I responded. Don't like it? Tough.

You need to grow up, a bit.

You need to grow up a lot, actually. Work on that, then check back again, in two weeks.
sns3guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 19:20   #202
jbglock

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns3guppy View Post
First time I saw your response, first time I responded. Don't like it? Tough.

You need to grow up, a bit.

You need to grow up a lot, actually. Work on that, then check back again, in two weeks.
Awww. Don't like it pointed out when you've done something stupid?
jbglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 22:08   #203
sns3guppy

I haven't, and haven't engaged in juvenile name calling, either.

Again, grow up.
Old 11-19-2012, 22:20   #204
jbglock

Quote:
I haven't, and haven't engaged in juvenile name calling, either.

Again, grow up.
Your just acting like your the dad of the forum when you aren't. You are acting like a pompous jerk and don't seem capable of understanding how dates work. Why don't you find some other month plus old argument that is over and chastise everyone in the thread? Is your real life really so lame that you need the internet to try and make you feel better?
Old 11-20-2012, 20:06   #205
hoghunter82
FL Glocker #182

I'm staying out of the fray here. I'm a huge HK fan, but the Moody's financial report is ugly. I hope they pull through because I do believe that HKs are some of the finest firearms made.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
hoghunter82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 00:20   #206
sns3guppy

Quote:
Your just acting like your the dad of the forum when you aren't. You are acting like a pompous jerk and don't seem capable of understanding how dates work. Why don't you find some other month plus old argument that is over and chastise everyone in the thread? Is your real life really so lame that you need the internet to try and make you feel better?
When you grow up one day you'll be able to make a sentence or paragraph without filling it with insults. Presently you don't seem to be able to do that.

Good luck working on your maturity. Check back in 20 years or so, where hopefully we'll hear better from you.

How dates work? That really has nothing to do with this discussion. Dad of the forum? Cute. Irrelevant, but cute.

Did you get your homework done this evening?
Old 11-21-2012, 16:06   #207
PrecisionRifleman

No they aren't. I sold my HK USP when I lived in a humid environment because it kept rusting even though I lubricated it with CLP once weekly. The gen 3 G23 I had at the time never rusted not one time, and honestly there was nothing that was just great about the HK. Was it cool, sure, but was it better....not by any means.

G20SF
Gen4 G23
PrecisionRifleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 18:05   #208
jbglock

Quote:
When you grow up one day you'll be able to make a sentence or paragraph without filling it with insults. Presently you don't seem to be able to do that.

Good luck working on your maturity. Check back in 20 years or so, where hopefully we'll hear better from you.

How dates work? That really has nothing to do with this discussion. Dad of the forum? Cute. Irrelevant, but cute.

Did you get your homework done this evening?
How dates work has nothing to do with this? Really? Is that only because it makes you look like a complete idiot vs. a partial idiot?
Old 11-21-2012, 20:00   #209
hoghunter82
FL Glocker #182

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrecisionRifleman View Post
No they aren't. I sold my HK USP when I lived in a humid environment because it kept rusting even though I lubricated it with CLP once weekly. The gen 3 G23 I had at the time never rusted not one time, and honestly there was nothing that was just great about the HK. Was it cool, sure, but was it better....not by any means.
Interesting, I keep my HK in a unairconditioned garage in my safe. I live in Florida so humidity is bad. I use a dry rod (which doesn't seem to do a damn thing because my EvaDry packs turn pink in 3 days). Never had any rust issues. I do worry about the inside of the barrels but its just as darn humid inside my house so I figured the garage wasn't much worse!

Old 11-21-2012, 20:08   #210
sns3guppy

Quote:
How dates work has nothing to do with this? Really? Is that only because it makes you look like a complete idiot vs. a partial idiot?
We've firmly established, then, that you can't post without showing your 14 year old age. Got it.

Sure you're on the right site? This is a firearms site, not a social dating site. The conversation regards HK firearms.

Perhaps you should go back to facebook, or whatever pimple-faced rubber-boned kids are doing, these days.
Old 11-21-2012, 20:58   #211
PrecisionRifleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoghunter82 View Post
Interesting, I keep my HK in a unairconditioned garage in my safe. I live in Florida so humidity is bad. I use a dry rod (which doesn't seem to do a damn thing because my EvaDry packs turn pink in 3 days). Never had any rust issues. I do worry about the inside of the barrels but its just as darn humid inside my house so I figured the garage wasn't much worse!

At the time I was living behind a creek, and the place I was in had moisture issues. The slide would very lightly have rust pitting, and the slide release was worse. It wasn't anything to be worried about so long as you gave it a wipe down, but I never had to do that with the Glock (the old shiny black finish). I'm not saying the HK isn't a good weapon because it is, but I don't think it rates the price tag for what the consumer is paying for by any means either. That is coming from a person who has bought 6k rifles for bench shooting. Point being that the price isn't a factor, but for the what you are purchasing I don't think it's worth it. In that price range I'll take a SIG any day over an HK.

G20SF
Gen4 G23
Old 11-21-2012, 21:03   #212
hoghunter82
FL Glocker #182

I've never owned a Sig, but the 226 with full beavertail has me tempted.

Old 11-21-2012, 21:32   #213
Indianashooter

My current EDC us a G19; I alternately carry a Smith 642. I use to own a HK USP C 40 w/ LEM trigger. I was very impressed with it. Was dead on accurate. Fit and finish was superb. Turns out I couldn't place the 2nd shot quite as accurate as the 1st, a problem I never had or have now with my Glock.

This reminds of past '1911 versus the world' threads. Simply because a gun is not an HK doesn't mean it is junk. There are many good firearms manufacturers out there and I hate to see companies like Colt, Smith, Ruger and Glock disparaged. These companies all make quality firearms. Some of the more budget constrained among us can't always buy 'Top Quality'. I drive one of those previously mentioned evil Fords. I have driven it for 10 yrs and only cost $12,000. It has gotten me through bad winters and hot summers with no problems save for regular maintenance. I would have LOVED a Porshe or BMW, but the money wasn't there.
And for the record, my G19 has never had a FTF and always go 'bang'. And it is dead accurate with the Critical Defense I carry in it.
Indianashooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 21:51   #214
PrecisionRifleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoghunter82 View Post
I've never owned a Sig, but the 226 with full beavertail has me tempted.

Next on my list is the 229 in 40S&W or the 220 carry in 45ACP. I like the dark elite for the adjustable night sights. Fine weapons those SIGS are.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

G20SF
Gen4 G23
Old 11-21-2012, 21:59   #215
sns3guppy

I own several Sig 229's, 239's, etc, and they're outstanding firearms. The Sig DAK trigger is an similar to the HK LEM trigger, and it's very nicely executed.

In a former life, we were issued Sig P220's, and they were some of the easiest to shoot handguns I'd ever used. They seemed to make a good shooter out of nearly anyone.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:48   #216
Shark1007

I just traded for a usp compact in .357 sig. The fit and finish look better than Glock and Kahr, but at the range, I shot worse with the H&K than a PM45 Kahr. I did find the recoil pretty easy with the H&K, just not used to it yet. I believe I shoot the Glock better because of familiarity, but we will see as time progresses.

I was looking for reduced recoil as I have a bad neck and some issues there.
Shark1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 23:07   #217
Dubble-Tapper

I had a usp .45 tactical. I liked it a lot, good ergos, great looks, ****ty trigger, good build quality, fairly accurate, but I had FTF and stovepipe issues with it. I was upset about a 1000 dollar pistol not working out of the box, so I sold it. Best ergos of any poly gun for sure though.

Any mass produced product will have some bad ones get by QC, HK is no different. I may try another some day.
Dubble-Tapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:20   #218
barth
six barrels

You bet they are!

Absolutely
Heckler & Koch Forum

Last edited by barth; 12-27-2012 at 05:20..
barth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 19:19   #219
s&wfan

Don't care for HKs. Have owned a few (Mark 23 and USP45).

The mag release is different. I traded the Mark 23 off because it just wasn't for me. Too big and clunky.

So, I am not brainwashed when I say the following:

You can take "plastic" out of the sentence. HK, flat out, makes the best pistols on Earth.
s&wfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 22:38   #220
Durden

I went through a serious and quite fanboi-ish HK phase, but ended up selling off all 3 of my HK pistols because of their great resale value, which allowed me to get other pistols that were at least as good at anywhere from 1/3 to 1/2 the cost.

I'm not and never would say that HK doesn't produce a high quality product. I am saying that they are overpriced for what you get, IMO, and that their marketing trumps real world, marginal benefits of their products versus many competing ones.

(I have thought about picking up a P7 and keeping it forever often, just because it's such a unique and storied pistol.)
Durden is offline   Reply With Quote