Originally Posted by muscogee View Post
Right. Christians never attack.
Well, no TRUE Christians, anyway.
ksg0245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 00:09   #122
Vic Hays

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtheelf View Post
Certainly not. People who wish to dictate how others must live their lives, and who wish to dictate morality to others; those are the problem.
Those nativity scenes and a message of Christ who died for the benefit of humanity really jam it down people's throats.

On the other hand is the inquisition and religious wars. Why must the two be confused?

There is a battle in progress. Everyone is choosing their side in the conflict. Which side have you chosen?

John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Vic Hays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:19   #123
NMG26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Hays View Post

There is a battle in progress. Everyone is choosing their side in the conflict. Which side have you chosen?
You speak as though there are two sides. God and God's enemies.

This would make Christians the only right and the rest wrong.

You set up and maintain the dichotomy of strife as the only reality. Peace on earth is surely not the goal.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
NMG26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:40   #124
muscogee

Quote:
Those nativity scenes and a message of Christ who died for the benefit of humanity really jam it down people's throats.
No, they're propaganda.

Quote:
Those nativity scenes and a On the other hand is the inquisition and religious wars. Why must the two be confused?
Because the Inquisition was a tactic used in religious wars. Isn't that obvious?

Quote:
Progress.

Leona Helmsley
muscogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 13:31   #125
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyguy View Post
Some people have a deep seated need to have an enemy. It gives purpose to their empty lives.

Who better to declare your enemy than someone whose core beliefs make them unlikely to retaliate? Christians are the perfect enemy for the cowardly.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy
I thought your god commanded you not to lay down and be a victim. You carry a gun right? You're ready to get down if need be right? You're the guy that throws drinks in people's faces when they need an attitude adjustment right? Why is making you an enemy a cowardly thing to do... unless you're admitting to being weak.

Theory:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Grace:

Big Bang:
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 13:32   #126
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scccdoc View Post
See you guys later! MERRY CHRISTMAS................. or whatever you call it! DOC
Awwww, someone got frustrated after miserably losing the debate and wants to run off.

Typical scccdoc... cry and whine about name calling and runs away when he's losing.

Theory:

Grace:

Big Bang:
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 19:54   #127
scccdoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geko45 View Post
Maybe you just want to back away from a tangential point that you were losing?
No, vacation time, and well earned. Not backing away,you suppose you are right because of the information which you assume to be correct or incorrect. Some scientists backed the possibility of the "Mayan" disaster ,did you run and hide? I didn't.
I guess those scientists were wrong, and by your admission:

Quote:
The answer is quite obviously that you don't and neither do I
That's my point, or do you think the scientists who support the " black hole, planet alignment" which to some validated the Mayan calender apocalypse are ignorant?

Scientist can be wrong and so can you. No offense intended. I didn't call your beliefs ignorant..................

Not one of us has ALL the answers,It is wrong for you to call me ignorant for my beliefs..........

Jim Elliot

Last edited by scccdoc; 12-26-2012 at 19:58..
scccdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 19:55   #128
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMag View Post
Critical thinking these days demands the recognition that Christians are NOT the enemy regardless of your beliefs. BTW, everyone believes in something.

Discuss.

Well now. That didn't go too well, did it?

Face it. There are plenty on this forum that are against your religion. For those that have a legitimate beef against Christianity, that is to be expected (i.e. boys molested by priests, gays that are pissed about not being accepted etc...).

There seems to be quite a few of those fellows on this forum.

For most of my life, I have been foremost an American. I gave of myself, risked everything, and served my country. Now, I am foremost a father to my children and a husband to my wife. A very close second is that I am a good friend to my friends.

I can't tell you whether there is or is not a god. I can tell you that plenty of people are absolutely that one god or another exists, and that many others are absolutely sure that no god exists.

There are a lot of different beliefs out there. Which one is right, none of us knows for sure, even though a lot of people have faith that they know what is correct in the universe.

I do not see modern day christians or jews as enemies. Sikhs, Buddhists, Hindus, and many others are also not enemies. They have their quirks, but none of them has, as a matter of dogma, meant me harm.

Muslims? That is another thing entirely. But that is a long and entirely different subject that is not on topic for this thread.

Christians are not my enemy, because I am agnostic. Atheists and muslims are the enemies of Christianity for their own reasons. Muslims are enemies of all nations and countries that are not islamic, as part of their dogma.

If you came here to make friends, you came to the wrong place. While I have no problem with your post, you came as a rabbit comes to a vipers pit when you came here to say that.

--Gunhaver
Don't let the guys quoted above contact your reps more than you.

Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 20:09   #129
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by scccdoc View Post
That's my point, or do you think the scientists who support the " black hole, planet alignment" which to some validated the Mayan calender apocalypse are ignorant?
Do you understand that just because you pretend two different things are related it doesn't mean that they actually are? Mainstream science was not behind the idea of a Mayan apocalypse. There were some nutty people that believed it and I'm sure some even used the word "science" in their schizophrenic ramblings, but that doesn't mean they were "scientists". If anything, they were more like theists in that they ignored overwhelming evidence in favor of believing in the impossible.

Last edited by Geko45; 12-26-2012 at 22:11..
Geko45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:47   #130
muscogee

Quote:
Do you understand that just because you pretend two different things are related it doesn't mean that they actually are? Mainstream science was not behind the idea of a Mayan apocalypse. There were some nutty people that believed it and I'm sure some even used the word "science" in their schizophrenic ramblings, but that doesn't mean they were "scientists". If anything, they were more like theists in that they ignored overwhelming evidence in favor of believing in the impossible.
IMO, the Mayan Apocalypse was promoted by hucksters out to make a buck. That's what people like Tim LaHay do but they have staying power because people actually believe them. The difference is that no one believes the Mayan Apocalypse is still coming but they just got the date wrong.

Leona Helmsley
muscogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:39   #131
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscogee View Post
The difference is that no one believes the Mayan Apocalypse is still coming but they just got the date wrong.
Are you sure? We should ask JBnTX. He was very adamant that there was going to be some sort of cataclysmic event on Dec 21st. He posted as much in the GNG thread on the topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
Is that why I can't sleep at night for worrying about the end of the world?

I suggest you make your peace with your family and your God, for the end of the world approaches rapidly.

Last edited by Geko45; 12-27-2012 at 12:44..
Geko45 is offline   Reply With Quote