GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2012, 09:54   #26
GRIMLET
Deceased
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalton Wayne View Post
If they come to take our guns just shoot em in the face so the relatives can't have an open casket
There it is.................
I was wondering how long it would be before someone posted it.
SHOOT EM IN THE FACE.
Now GT is officially as stupid as AR15.COM.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
GRIMLET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:50   #27
jdavionic
NRA Member
 
jdavionic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 11,820
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIMLET View Post
There it is.................
I was wondering how long it would be before someone posted it.
SHOOT EM IN THE FACE.
Now GT is officially as stupid as AR15.COM.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
So you readily declare an entire forum "stupid" based on the comments of a select few. You do realize that you just painted yourself in the same color, right I wonder if you're a member of both forums.
__________________
- JD

"No matter how bad it gets, if you're still alive it's just another bad day."
jdavionic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:53   #28
57cal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavionic View Post
I don't see confiscation being a viable nationwide option. The amount of resources required would be well beyond what I believe we (as a nation) are capable of, especially when you think that it would not be wise to send just 1 LE person to each residence.

If retroactive, I would expect the law would require you to turn them in or risk a significant fine & or jail. Then, you'd be unable to use them at the range, be in trouble if you possessed one in a traffic stop or some other unrelated encounter with LE, etc. Basically they would work to purge them from being in the hands of citizens by intimidation and attrition.
prior to election of 2008 potus discussed a civilin defence force, that would be the begining
57cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:01   #29
jdavionic
NRA Member
 
jdavionic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 11,820
Quote:
Originally Posted by 57cal View Post
prior to election of 2008 potus discussed a civilin defence force, that would be the begining
First off, welcome to GT!

I recall the comments by Obama. And I would agree that simply because he has not recently mentioned the idea, it certainly doesn't mean that he doesn't desire to implement such an idea. However the current political climate would not be receptive to such an idea...which is likely why it remains buried in his bucket.

So while you're certainly correct in your recollection, I would respectfully disagree that this method would be used for implementing any kind of gun confiscation program. I seriously doubt that trained LE would not want to go door-to-door. Yes, I remember Katrina, however so do most Americans. And on a national level, this type of mandate would be incredibly dangerous to impose. Throw in a civilian, untrained defense force and I think most folks would anticipate the results would not be desired. Therefore I just don't see it.
__________________
- JD

"No matter how bad it gets, if you're still alive it's just another bad day."
jdavionic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:07   #30
GRIMLET
Deceased
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavionic View Post
So you readily declare an entire forum "stupid" based on the comments of a select few. You do realize that you just painted yourself in the same color, right I wonder if you're a member of both forums.
No, I am not a member of AR15.Com

I have read more than a few comments from the cold dead hands members here. This was the just the first shoot em in the face comment. I know there are many law abiding members here and even those I disagree with most of the time, I still agree with on some things. Does staying a member here make me more stupid......... It depends on which subforum I am on.

Hahahahahahahhahahahhahha





Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
GRIMLET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:17   #31
jdavionic
NRA Member
 
jdavionic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 11,820
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIMLET View Post
No, I am not a member of AR15.Com

I have read more than a few comments from the cold dead hands members here. This was the just the first shoot em in the face comment. I know there are many law abiding members here and even those I disagree with most of the time, I still agree with on some things. Does staying a member here make me more stupid......... It depends on which subforum I am on.

Hahahahahahahhahahahhahha
I would venture to say the vast majority of members are law-abiding citizens. Personally, I would not be a member of a forum if I felt the general membership were a bunch of loons. My comment to was simply meant to remind you that painting with such a broad brush is often just as irresponsible as the comment by the person that you targeted.
__________________
- JD

"No matter how bad it gets, if you're still alive it's just another bad day."
jdavionic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:32   #32
Jerry
Moderator
 
Jerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 8,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIMLET View Post
There it is.................
I was wondering how long it would be before someone posted it.
SHOOT EM IN THE FACE.
Now GT is officially as stupid as AR15.COM.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Actually that's not a very smart statement. It's like saying the gun killed. GT isn't even and inanimate object, like a gun, it's a virtual realm.

If you believe people shooting JBT trying to take their firearms (I truly don't believe the government is stupid enough to try it) is stupid than you don't honestly want to uphold the Second Amendment.

It's called "The Bill of RIGHTS" for a reason. We were endowed with them by the creator and no man can take them.... unless we let them. The Second says "Shall Not be Infringed". We have ALLOWED infringement. That doesn't mean more will be tolerated.

A JBT in full body armor can only be stopped buy being shoot in the face. Hence the statement shoot them in them face. Sound grizzly? Yes! Wold it be deserved? What would you do if someone were cumming to kill your family? We've see what happens when men "just follow orders". Even when those orders are Unconstitutional and inhumane. Ruby Ridge, Waco..... Auschwitz. Don't think it can happen here? Waco and Ruby Ridge did. Ask a US citizen of the Japaneses persuasion what happen in 1942. All done by men "JUST FOLLOWING ORDERS". Men that were never punished for their crimes.

NEW ORLEANS 2005!!!!!

If you want to be PO or outraged place the blame where it belongs. On those that have proven they will attack citizens because... "They are just following (Unconstitutional and inhumane) orders".

Would I shoot a man in the face if he were attempting to harm me and mine.... You can take it to the bank.

You said you liked straight forward.

BTW, I'm not a member are AR-15.com either. Or skinhead.com or killcops.com etc. etc. I don't want to kill anyone that means me and mine and others no harm. I don't want to kill..... but I can if necessary.
__________________
Jerry
BIG DAWG #4

Liberal: Someone who is so open-minded their brains have fallen out.
Guns are not dangerous, people are.

Last edited by Jerry; 12-31-2012 at 12:46..
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:38   #33
GRIMLET
Deceased
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavionic View Post
I would venture to say the vast majority of members are law-abiding citizens. Personally, I would not be a member of a forum if I felt the general membership were a bunch of loons. My comment to was simply meant to remind you that painting with such a broad brush is often just as irresponsible as the comment by the person that you targeted.
I see your point.

I dont see the majority of the members as loons. However, even the loons are "interesting".

Many may not think the gov is anticipating a few "shoot em in the face"
types making good on their words. Thats when they REALLY go after all the guns.

A question? Why does it always come down to shooting the cop/fed in the face? Why does no one direct rage toward those who write and pass gun control laws. I am certainly NOT suggesting violence towards ANYONE.
Yes, bad things have been done by those who were only following orders throughout history. However, you cant win in chess by only toppling pawns. Come on loons, think a little bigger in those Mitty fantasies.



Remember, I am against any AWB and even more against violence to change any such legislation.






Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
GRIMLET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:39   #34
dukeblue91
Senior Member
 
dukeblue91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by 57cal View Post
prior to election of 2008 potus discussed a civilin defence force, that would be the begining
It would not be that hard to implement such a Group build with volunteers Freedom Corp has a nice ring to it and TSA and Fema employees.
There are many people in this country that would jump at the chance of being employed by the .gov and also get special treatment.
Throw in some half ass training for a week, arm and mandate them and you could be up and running in 2 month tops.
If you hear something like this happening I suggest you start running for the hill very fast like.
dukeblue91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:43   #35
dukeblue91
Senior Member
 
dukeblue91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
Actually that's not a very smart statement. It's like saying the gun killed. GT isn't even and inanimate object, like a gun, it's a virtual realm.

If you believe people shooting JBT trying to take their firearms (I truly don't believe the government is stupid enough to try it) is stupid than you don't honestly want to uphold the Second Amendment.

It's called "The Bill of RIGHTS" for a reason. We were endowed with them by the creator and no man can take them.... unless we let them. The Second says "Shall Not be Infringed". We have ALLOWED infringement. That doesn't mean more will be tolerated.

A JBT in full body armor can only be stopped buy being shoot in the face. Hence the statement shoot them in them face. Sound grizzly? Yes! Wold it be deserved? What would you do if someone were cumming to kill your family? We've see what happens when men "just follow orders". Even when those orders are Unconstitutional and inhumane. Ruby Ridge, Waco..... Auschwitz. Don't think it can happen here? Waco and Ruby Ridge did. Ask a US citizen of the Japaneses persuasion what happen in 1942. All done by men "JUST FOLLOWING ORDERS". Men that were never punished for their crimes.

If you want to be PO or outraged place the blame where it belongs. On those that have proven they will attack citizens because... "They are just following (Unconstitutional and inhumane) orders".

Would I shoot a man in the face if he were attempting to harm me and mine.... You can take it to the bank.

You said you liked straight forward.

BTW, I'm not a member are AR-15.com either. Or skinhead.com or killcops.com etc. etc. I don't want to kill anyone that means me and mine and others no harm. I don't want to kill..... but I can if necessary.
Very well said Jerry.
And I believe most here would never want to have to do this, I know I don't but when it comes to my family all gloves come off.
dukeblue91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 13:12   #36
GRIMLET
Deceased
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
Actually that's not a very smart statement. It's like saying the gun killed. GT isn't even and inanimate object, like a gun, it's a virtual realm.

If you believe people shooting JBT trying to take their firearms (I truly don't believe the government is stupid enough to try it) is stupid than you don't honestly want to uphold the Second Amendment.

It's called "The Bill of RIGHTS" for a reason. We were endowed with them by the creator and no man can take them.... unless we let them. The Second says "Shall Not be Infringed". We have ALLOWED infringement. That doesn't mean more will be tolerated.

A JBT in full body armor can only be stopped buy being shoot in the face. Hence the statement shoot them in them face. Sound grizzly? Yes! Wold it be deserved? What would you do if someone were cumming to kill your family? We've see what happens when men "just follow orders". Even when those orders are Unconstitutional and inhumane. Ruby Ridge, Waco..... Auschwitz. Don't think it can happen here? Waco and Ruby Ridge did. Ask a US citizen of the Japaneses persuasion what happen in 1942. All done by men "JUST FOLLOWING ORDERS". Men that were never punished for their crimes.

NEW ORLEANS 2005!!!!!

If you want to be PO or outraged place the blame where it belongs. On those that have proven they will attack citizens because... "They are just following (Unconstitutional and inhumane) orders".

Would I shoot a man in the face if he were attempting to harm me and mine.... You can take it to the bank.

You said you liked straight forward.

BTW, I'm not a member are AR-15.com either. Or skinhead.com or killcops.com etc. etc. I don't want to kill anyone that means me and mine and others no harm. I don't want to kill..... but I can if necessary.
Hi, Jerry.
Interesting post.
Who said anyone who would come for your guns was going to hurt you or your family?
I get the point you would resist with violence to protect you 2A rights.
What about your 2A rights ALREADY infringed upon? Full auto and suppressors are already limited as the new AWB may be for ARs and the like.
Did you attack the gov when you couldn't buy a full auto and walk out the door with it? No. Was it because you don't own one or want one? Maybe but that would make you hypocritical in disliking the FUDDS. So.... Why haven't you risen up against your 2A rights ALREADY infringed. I am eagerly waiting to hear your reply.

I support you in defending someone looking to harm you or your family. A confiscation is not a harm to your family.

On Waco, remember how that went down in the end.

Thanks for the frank speech.
I didnt know killacop.com existed until now. Or skinhead.com.
Interesting you do. Hmmmmmm


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Last edited by GRIMLET; 12-31-2012 at 13:14..
GRIMLET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 13:20   #37
jdavionic
NRA Member
 
jdavionic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 11,820
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
If you believe people shooting JBT trying to take their firearms (I truly don't believe the government is stupid enough to try it) is stupid than you don't honestly want to uphold the Second Amendment.
I think posting how you would respond is not wise. However if someone wants to raise potential flags & draw attention to himself, they certainly are free to do so.

For me, I consider the climate to be too unpredictable to be broadcasting across the internet about the specifics of what guns I may own or don't own. Likewise, I don't plan on stating what I would do or not do in the unlikely event of a law change that violates the 2A by requiring people to surrender those firearms that are then deemed 'illegal'.

I will say that I am a law-abiding citizen. I consider many regulations regarding firearms to be unconstitutional. I don't believe that we should be required to pay a state or federal gov't money to get special permission to exercise our rights. However, the reality is that we do so today - carry permits, special permits for supressors, SBR permits, etc. I consider all of this to be a violation of our second amendment rights. I am fighting this legally by supporting the NRA and GCO (local to where I live).

I will also say that protecting my family is a critical part of my role in the family, and one that I take very seriously.
__________________
- JD

"No matter how bad it gets, if you're still alive it's just another bad day."
jdavionic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 13:36   #38
GRIMLET
Deceased
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavionic View Post
I think posting how you would respond is not wise. However if someone wants to raise potential flags & draw attention to himself, they certainly are free to do so.

For me, I consider the climate to be too unpredictable to be broadcasting across the internet about the specifics of what guns I may own or don't own. Likewise, I don't plan on stating what I would do or not do in the unlikely event of a law change that violates the 2A by requiring people to surrender those firearms that are then deemed 'illegal'.

I will say that I am a law-abiding citizen. I consider many regulations regarding firearms to be unconstitutional. I don't believe that we should be required to pay a state or federal gov't money to get special permission to exercise our rights. However, the reality is that we do so today - carry permits, special permits for supressors, SBR permits, etc. I consider all of this to be a violation of our second amendment rights. I am fighting this legally by supporting the NRA and GCO (local to where I live).

I will also say that protecting my family is a critical part of my role in the family, and one that I take very seriously.
Now THIS is a sensible post. *^^^^^^


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
GRIMLET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 17:07   #39
Jerry
Moderator
 
Jerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 8,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIMLET View Post
Hi, Jerry.
Interesting post.
Who said anyone who would come for your guns was going to hurt you or your family?
As I stated, I don't believe it will happen, but hey I'll play.

You might want to ask David Koresh that question. Or perhaps some of children at the Branch Davidian Compound. Oh wait, you can't the JBT killed them when they came for guns. You might wish to ask Randy Weaver why they shot his wife and son over a setup that was made by an FBI snitch concerning a gun.

But to answer your question... No one said it. I was alive and saw it happen.... to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIMLET View Post
I get the point you would resist with violence to protect you 2A rights.
What about your 2A rights ALREADY infringed upon? Full auto and suppressors are already limited as the new AWB may be for ARs and the like.
Did you attack the gov when you couldn't buy a full auto and walk out the door with it? No. Was it because you don't own one or want one? Maybe but that would make you hypocritical in disliking the FUDDS. So.... Why haven't you risen up against your 2A rights ALREADY infringed. I am eagerly waiting to hear your reply.
No! You missed the point. You are confusing what I do to fight "infringements" (belong to pro-firearms groups... NRA, GOA etc. support pro-Second Amendment Congressmen etc. etc.) and what I would do if my door was kicked in. They are two different and distinct actions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIMLET View Post
I support you in defending someone looking to harm you or your family. A confiscation is not a harm to your family.
It would be when I refuse to turn them over. See my first paragraph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIMLET View Post
On Waco, remember how that went down in the end.
Did you know that Koresh went jogging down a lonely dirt road every morning? They could have take him there. Did you know that he offered to turn himself in while talking to the FBI on the phone? I I remember correctly that was a few days or a week before the raid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIMLET View Post
Thanks for the frank speech.
I didnt know killacop.com existed until now. Or skinhead.com.
Interesting you do. Hmmmmmm


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
As fare as I know there is no copkiller.com or skinhead.com. Or maybe there is, I have no idea. I was making a point. I do know, from hearsay, that there are skin head sites and I'm pretty sure there are some cop hater sites. Just like I know there are White supremacists sites and Nazis sites.

Do not try to make me out to be something I'm not. I'll have to start calling you dirty names.
__________________
Jerry
BIG DAWG #4

Liberal: Someone who is so open-minded their brains have fallen out.
Guns are not dangerous, people are.

Last edited by Jerry; 12-31-2012 at 17:13..
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 18:35   #40
GRIMLET
Deceased
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
As I stated, I don't believe it will happen, but hey I'll play.

You might want to ask David Koresh that question. Or perhaps some of children at the Branch Davidian Compound. Oh wait, you can't the JBT killed them when they came for guns. You might wish to ask Randy Weaver why they shot his wife and son over a setup that was made by an FBI snitch concerning a gun.

But to answer your question... No one said it. I was alive and saw it happen.... to them.



No! You missed the point. You are confusing what I do to fight "infringements" (belong to pro-firearms groups... NRA, GOA etc. support pro-Second Amendment Congressmen etc. etc.) and what I would do if my door was kicked in. They are two different and distinct actions.



It would be when I refuse to turn them over. See my first paragraph.



Did you know that Koresh went jogging down a lonely dirt road every morning? They could have take him there. Did you know that he offered to turn himself in while talking to the FBI on the phone? I I remember correctly that was a few days or a week before the raid.



As fare as I know there is no copkiller.com or skinhead.com. Or maybe there is, I have no idea. I was making a point. I do know, from hearsay, that there are skin head sites and I'm pretty sure there are some cop hater sites. Just like I know there are White supremacists sites and Nazis sites.

Do not try to make me out to be something I'm not. I'll have to start calling you dirty names.
Oh, my....oh my.... Where DO I start....
David Koresh was a nut job wanna be savior. Lets not talk of his messiah complex which led to the deaths of innocent children and their swayed parents. Yes, a better plan could have been taken into arrest Koresh. It wasnt.
The children of the branch dividian died due to david koresh disobeying the law.


Thanks for elaborating on the JBT. I really appreciate it. Now I remember what the NRA said about those agents who died following orders that day.

More to the point, thank you, thank you , thank you for outing yourself as to whom you are.

Oh, and I like how you are part of the political program to stop gun regulations. I really do.
However, why haven't you stood up like you were before to shoot em in the face if they try to take your guns when they took koreshs. You didn't. And you shouldn't. Yes....you are no better than the FUDDS hypocrisy when it comes to gun regulation. When it affects me I will .... Nothing. Blah.

As far as .coms..... You have said enough.

Hey, enjoy New Years Eve!!!!

Hugs!!!!!!


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
GRIMLET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 19:22   #41
Denthead
Member
 
Denthead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Virgnia
Posts: 91
How many of you here have read Unintended Consiquences?
Denthead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 20:02   #42
Jerry
Moderator
 
Jerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 8,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denthead View Post
How many of you here have read Unintended Consiquences?
One of the things I loved about the book is how factual some of the information is and how it was woven into the story.
__________________
Jerry
BIG DAWG #4

Liberal: Someone who is so open-minded their brains have fallen out.
Guns are not dangerous, people are.

Last edited by Jerry; 12-31-2012 at 21:20..
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 21:08   #43
Jerry
Moderator
 
Jerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 8,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIMLET View Post
Oh, my....oh my.... Where DO I start....
David Koresh was a nut job wanna be savior. Lets not talk of his messiah complex which led to the deaths of innocent children and their swayed parents. Yes, a better plan could have been taken into arrest Koresh. It wasnt.
The children of the branch dividian died due to david koresh disobeying the law.
Wow! Just wow! Your thinking on the issue is beyond Unbelievable. The children died because Koresh disobeyed the law? Do you actually believe that justifies what was done? If someone kidnaps a child it’s OK if the LEO’s kill the child just as long as they get the kidnapper? And don’t you dare try to tell me it’s not the same. What we had was a government agency out of control. There is NO JUSTIFICATION for the burning death of those children.

If the powers to be were to order the confiscation of civilian arms the JBT would go to it with the same VIGOR as the ones that murdered the children.


Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIMLET View Post
Thanks for elaborating on the JBT. I really appreciate it. Now I remember what the NRA said about those agents who died following orders that day.
Thank you for making my point. “They were just following orders”. (Burning children to death). I’m sorry if the truth offends you. The truth has a way of doing that when someone is dead wrong.


Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIMLET View Post
More to the point, thank you, thank you , thank you for outing yourself as to whom you are.
Is that supposed to be a put down? Exactly who would I really be? A man that doesn’t believe in burning children to death to SAVE them and stop an alleged criminal. I would think that was a decent person. Obviously you don’t agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIMLET View Post
Oh, and I like how you are part of the political program to stop gun regulations. I really do.
However, why haven't you stood up like you were before to shoot em in the face if they try to take your guns when they took koreshs. You didn't. And you shouldn't. Yes....you are no better than the FUDDS hypocrisy when it comes to gun regulation. When it affects me I will .... Nothing. Blah.

As far as .coms..... You have said enough.
Do you know what year that happened? Do you know what I was doing? No! You do know the road was barricaded and no one could get in or out? Exactly how much don't you know? I can tell you what I know....

The one that has been outed here is you. Burning children is OK as long as you get the bad guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIMLET View Post
Hey, enjoy New Years Eve!!!!

Hugs!!!!!!


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
Jerry
BIG DAWG #4

Liberal: Someone who is so open-minded their brains have fallen out.
Guns are not dangerous, people are.

Last edited by Jerry; 12-31-2012 at 21:19..
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 23:00   #44
TactiCool
Senior Member
 
TactiCool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Southeast LA.
Posts: 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIMLET View Post
Oh, my....oh my.... Where DO I start....
David Koresh was a nut job wanna be savior. Lets not talk of his messiah complex which led to the deaths of innocent children and their swayed parents. Yes, a better plan could have been taken into arrest Koresh. It wasnt.
The children of the branch dividian died due to david koresh disobeying the law.


Thanks for elaborating on the JBT. I really appreciate it. Now I remember what the NRA said about those agents who died following orders that day.

More to the point, thank you, thank you , thank you for outing yourself as to whom you are.

Oh, and I like how you are part of the political program to stop gun regulations. I really do.
However, why haven't you stood up like you were before to shoot em in the face if they try to take your guns when they took koreshs. You didn't. And you shouldn't. Yes....you are no better than the FUDDS hypocrisy when it comes to gun regulation. When it affects me I will .... Nothing. Blah.
Gun-Control Issues
TactiCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 23:21   #45
57cal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavionic View Post
First off, welcome to GT!

I recall the comments by Obama. And I would agree that simply because he has not recently mentioned the idea, it certainly doesn't mean that he doesn't desire to implement such an idea. However the current political climate would not be receptive to such an idea...which is likely why it remains buried in his bucket.

So while you're certainly correct in your recollection, I would respectfully disagree that this method would be used for implementing any kind of gun confiscation program. I seriously doubt that trained LE would not want to go door-to-door. Yes, I remember Katrina, however so do most Americans. And on a national level, this type of mandate would be incredibly dangerous to impose. Throw in a civilian, untrained defense force and I think most folks would anticipate the results would not be desired. Therefore I just don't see it.
I would love for my suspicion to be utterly false, BUT, when occupy wall street went into full swing it was embraced by the current regime and pelosi, who both mocked the tea party. Ows was funded by contributors and fueled by leftist liberals, cost taxpayers lots of money and a total distraction for police efforts. I just hope you are sharp enough to realize when you are a victim of the current regime whether it be fundemental freedoms, paying excessively for others(taxes) or healthcare when you or a loved one is denied healthcare or issued substandard healthcare. When this happens just think of this healthy debate, thank you.
57cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:57   #46
GRIMLET
Deceased
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,813
Jerry, do you take meds for high blood pressure?

If so, don't skip a dose.

Hugs.....
Oh....and Happy New Year.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
GRIMLET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:26   #47
jdavionic
NRA Member
 
jdavionic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 11,820
Quote:
Originally Posted by 57cal View Post
I would love for my suspicion to be utterly false, BUT, when occupy wall street went into full swing it was embraced by the current regime and pelosi, who both mocked the tea party. Ows was funded by contributors and fueled by leftist liberals, cost taxpayers lots of money and a total distraction for police efforts. I just hope you are sharp enough to realize when you are a victim of the current regime whether it be fundemental freedoms, paying excessively for others(taxes) or healthcare when you or a loved one is denied healthcare or issued substandard healthcare. When this happens just think of this healthy debate, thank you.
Oh I don't deny there is definitely smoke. Just not convinced of the fire source. Obama definitely gave a wink & nod to the OWS. He sympathized with their efforts and emboldened them to continue. He (and the DOJ) did the same thing with the '08 election with respect to the Black Panthers. This time, the corruption was much worse...again due to the 'okay' given by this administration.
__________________
- JD

"No matter how bad it gets, if you're still alive it's just another bad day."
jdavionic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:28   #48
Jerry
Moderator
 
Jerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 8,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIMLET View Post
Jerry, do you take meds for high blood pressure?

If so, don't skip a dose.

Hugs.....
Oh....and Happy New Year.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Officer, that is none of your business. However I will say this. I am not in need of any type of medication. I was told that by a Doctor. Recently! It seems though, from your posts, you could use a reality check and some lessons in humanity. According to you it's OK to burn children to death... if in your mind, it can be blamed on the bad guy i.e. the ends justify the means. Saving children through death.

I sure hope you're still keeping that "bullet" in your pocket.

Happy New Year, Stay Safe
__________________
Jerry
BIG DAWG #4

Liberal: Someone who is so open-minded their brains have fallen out.
Guns are not dangerous, people are.

Last edited by Jerry; 01-01-2013 at 12:32..
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:44   #49
GRIMLET
Deceased
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
Officer, that is none of your business. However I will say this. I am not in need of any type of medication. I was told that by a Doctor. Recently! It seems though, from your posts, you could use a reality check and some lessons in humanity. According to you it's OK to burn children to death... if in your mind, it can be blamed on the bad guy i.e. the ends justify the means. Saving children through death.

I sure hope you're still keeping that "bullet" in your pocket.

Happy New Year, Stay Safe
Now, Jerry.....I am glad you are in good health, physically anyway. Hahahaha

Now about the dead children.....Koresh is to blame for all deaths that happened at Waco. And you know I never said anything about a means to an end or that its ok to hurt children. You know that. You jumped to a wrong conclusion.

Its obvious we will not agree on this subject. Lets just agree to disagree and try to get back on point.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
GRIMLET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:57   #50
cowboywannabe
you savvy?
 
cowboywannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: on a planet near you
Posts: 20,551
door to door confiscation not needed, just wait til you use it for defense, get in a car wreck coming back from the range....

same thing with ccw in chicago or wash d.c. just sit back and wait til the "violators" show themselves....then toss in jail.
__________________
with Sarah Jane, Leela, Romana, Nyssa, and Tegan.

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:48.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 786
245 Members
541 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42